Author has written 3 stories for Harry Potter.
A quick message: Sorry everyone, but there is a very small chance of many updates this year! I'm in my last year of school and I have extremely high goals, so I'm really too busy to get much writing done. I might update every few months but I'm ON HIATUS until next year :( I can promise that I'll finish my multi fics after when I have time :) xxx Apoorva
Hey there! :) I am first and foremost an avid Harry Potter adict :D I've recently tried writing, so please check it out:) I'd love to read opinions too :D also feel free to PM me, I love chatting about anything :) I'm 17 and live in Australia :D
My OTP has always been and will always be Jily. However, Blackinnon (Sirius Black/Marlene Mckinnon) are a close second. As you can see below, I have read and favourited many fics. 99% of those are marauder era. Around 60% of those would be James and Lily, however I'd say 95% of those also pair Sirius with Marlene. The other 40% of the 99% would be Sirius and Marlene based - however 50% of them are only one-shots - as they are very few fics out there.. let alone ones worth favouriting.
And yes, I like maths, if you couldn't tell ;)
If you have any suggestions as to fics involving Jily and Blackinnon that I have somehow not read, please do private message me.. I'm always looking for more!
So apart from Jily and Blackinnon, other ships I sail include:
- Occasionally Mary Macdonald/Peter Pettigrew (unrequited)
And basically all canon pairings :D
Ships I would sink without a second thought
- Sirius/OC/anyone but Marlene
Some other things that annoy me:
- When writers ignore Peter or make him out to be some insignificant thing that no one cares about. To me, it would seem that the Maraders, being a tight knit group would treat each other well. Also, it almost makes an excuse as to why Wormtail would betray James .. like it was his fault. I hate Wormtail to great lengths, so I want to read that it was all just his cowardice that drove him to betrayl, and not mistreatment from his best friends.
- Fanfics that have chapters extremely short. Any chapter below 1000 words starts irritating me - unless it is a very well written one-shot or a sort of filler that must be done.
- Mary Sues. Especially when Lily is a mary sue. My goodness does that peeve me. I really don't think Lily would be top of her class in anything except Charms. Definately smart, and near the top, but I think James and Sirius should be top in class for Transfiguration and DADA (but pretty good in everything else), and Remus be top in Ancient Runes and Arithmancy. Snape obviously taking the Potions title. :)
- Another Lily peeve. When she is so prudish and unreasonable to the point where I start to hope James falls for someone else. NO. Lily was described by the queen herself that she was quick-witted and a little mischevious. I personally think that it was James who was arrogant around Lily, which caused her to hate him, as opposed to James being normal and Lily being a swotty twat.
- When background characters are ignored, or not enough characters are mentioned. I personally love OCs - just as long as there are plenty of original order characters involved too. It seems to centred around only 2 people, when really it should involve other friends/enemys/randoms. I'm going to make another point here - I don't like it when a writer has a whole lot of OCs as Lily's best friends etc, and only introduce the original order members when the order is formed. To me, it seems as though they all knew each other well (at least half) as they were in a middle of a war, and it was hard to trust anyone.
- When characters or locations aren't described in terms of appearance. I find it irritating to try and imagine whats going on, when I have no starting point. Especially with characters like Lily's friends, each author writes them differently, even though the same names might be used. This gets pretty damn frustrating. Even just simple hair colour, eye colour and figure is enough. :)
- In Blackinnon fics (and some Jily fics) where teenage Sirius and Marlene are overly lovey dovey. Really, can we imagine Sirius to be that kind of guy? Let alone fall for a girl who wants it? Lets not get them confused with Lily and James here people! According to canon Sirius isn't married by the time he dies - nor does he ever show obvious remorse for Marlene after she had died. Me being a strong canon supporter, find it hard to stray so far away. I honestly did think Sirius loved Marlene, and vice versa. However, I like to think that they had a casual and fun relationship, and the toll that Marlene's death took on Sirius was great, but being a Black, he was able to hide it well - never having truly exposed the romantic side often.
- Again going on about my canon-ness, the letter that Lily wrote to Sirius - the one which included the death of the Mckinnons and caused Lily to stay up crying all night. Now the way she had written this made it seem like Sirius didn't love Marlene Mckinnon. However, I have found a - shall we say - loophole in which Marlene had infact been living with Sirius, and had simply gone to visit her family at the time of the attack. And so, when Lily wrote the letter, she hadn't known that Marlene was there at the time - and instead had been crying for her family (as they were best friends so she must've known her family well). This scenario works quite well I think, and allows me to comfortably ship Blackinnon without the underlying guilt of going against Jo.
So this is the end of my profile, and I must immensly congradulate you if you managed to actually read all of it. :D
my tumblr is also JadedLights07 and if you like having Jily and Blackinnon on your dash, follow me :) I also post updates from stories on there