Poll: Which of my Story idea's see my profile for a brief description of each do you find most interesting/should I pursue First? can choose up to 4 Vote Now!
Author has written 2 stories for Chuck.
Hi, I'm KB and I am a big fan of CHUCK, which is how I found this wonderful world of fan fiction. I was taken by the show when I saw Chuck vs the Imported Hard Salami and basically dove into seasons 1 and 2. Season 3 kind of pushed me away, but I rediscovered Chuck and subsequently the fiction surrounding it... so ya I technically bailed for a while, but in my defense vs. the Mask really sucked!
Anyway, I love the characters on the show and have read a ton on this site and now it is my duty to go back and review all the great stories! I really love Chuck and Sarah AU's and if my first story and foray into creative wring isn't hated I have a couple of idea's for AU stories (see below). Anyway, I tend to ramble so... ya. Thanks for reading and thanks to all those who write and have given me hours of entertainment!
I am so Happy that so far may first story was enjoyed and this has sparked a ton of ideas, which I will outline below – I plan on working on 1 shorter multi chapter stories before attempting, hopefully a longer fic (either Chuck vs a New Path or at this point more likely Chuck vs Normandy/Iwo or Brother’s in Arms). Let me know any thought or any preferences (I plan to set up a poll soon, so feedback is awesome and really helps). Thanks so much!!!
Chuck vs the Aussie (multi chapter) - AU - Chuck and Sarah both discover hidden talents at a young age from different sides of the world. This leads them to a chance meeting at the Summer Olympics as both compete for their country's (USA and Australia respectively) and for Gold in swimming. Romance ensures as they compete against the world. Light romance - there will be a significant number of canon characters in new roles (No intersect or spy's).
Sarah vs the Secret (Short multi chapter) - AU - This is a secret and will be a mystery story in a universe where Sarah never left the con game. This is my next story and will come right after vs the Aussie is complete.
Series of One-shots - I have three planned - one will be a series of drabble one shots (the reason for this is a comedic story that happened to my brother), another will be a songfic season 3 AU... I have a lot of ideas that you will hopefully see.
Under the Undercover (Short to mid length multi chapter) Sarah realizes and faces her greatest fear - losing Chuck to the Bunker and decides to take the leap and start a secret relationship with Chuck following season 1 finale. This would then be a series 2 re-write following cannon loosely as if Chuck and Sarah were secretly dating. This would be light and dare I say my first foray into a fluffy Charah story. Will be drama and hopefully I can pull off a little comedy, but really this will be a fun little story. Would either end after season 2 with an epilogue or leave it open for seasons 3-5 sequels, I’m not sure yet, will let any fans of the story let me know their feelings. Update 7/27/12 - I started the first chapter, this was suppose to be short, but I think it needs to be longer to do it right. Also, vs the Aussie kind of jumped up and took my attention - so when vs the Aussie is done I will reassess what comes next - this or Con vs Con (it is a tough choice for me). * On hold for right now, plan got a little to audacious, but I am planning a more streamlined first story with the option to added additional stories.
Potential Stories or on the Drawing Board (in order, tentatively, of what I would concentrate on first)
1) Chuck: Brother’s in Arm’s (Short to Long multi chapter) – Chuck has an older brother in the Marines (John Casey, ya I know and a family history of service). Chuck and Casey join up and are deployed (timeline would be post Chuck’s high school so Afghanistan and Iraq (2000 – 2006). They kick ass and take names, before insurgents/terrorists ambush an decimate Chuck and Casey’s team (they survive). Later, they rescue a mysterious CIA Agent (Sarah) who lost her partners on a mission into Iran – Chuck and Casey save her as she is escaping to US controlled Iraq. She decides these Marines are what she needs to hunt down a dangerous terrorist (that killed Chuck’s team). Action, drama and romance would then ensure. Update 7/27/12 - I have really mapped this story out - it would be a long ride and unless there is a major change on the poll this will move to in progress ASAP.
2) Chuck, Con vs Con (Short to long multi chapter) – Chuck’s parents abandon him, but with no Ellie (she is Sarah’s sister in this story) he turns to a life of crime to survive (Cons and cyber crime). A blonde con artist tries to con this lanky nerd, but runs into a rude surprise (trying to con a con artist isn’t easy). Spy vs spy hijinks ensure before the they team up… yes another romance – sorry I can’t help myself. Not sure if this would end up being a spy story.
3) Chuck vs a New Path (Multi Chapter) - Sarah leaves Chuck and he becomes despondent "a la" the Jill Break up. As he searches for a new path, he comes across a crime that changes his life. Chuck finds a new direction for his life, which evolves leading him to reconnect with his old teammate and even his lost love. This story is still in the idea phase - it is mapped out and planned, but I am going to wait before begin writing - I hate it when stories are abandoned, big pet peeve of mine - I have no patience and always want to know what happens so (fingers crossed) I will always give the reader my vision, even if I do so poorly.
4) Chuck vs Cyrano (Short to mid length multi chapter) – Follows the play/movies (Cyrano de Bergerac) with Chuck as the big nerd (not nose), who helps his friend (Bryce Christian Larkin) woo his new friend, who Chuck is tutoring in computer science (Sarah Roxanne Walker), despite Chuck and Sarah’s secret feeling for each other – this is a AU set in college (modern Stanford), but will only be very loosely based on play – this will have a very different ending than the original (Not a tragedy story like the play!). Will be light and romantic, will not be a major angst piece.
5) Chuck vs Normandy (or maybe Chuck vs Iwo, I am not sure yet) (Long multi chapter) – Set in WWII, Chuck is despondent after breaking up with Jill and leaving Stanford, he decides to enlist in US Army(Marines). Sarah is a daughter of a very wealthy business tycoon, who decides to join up as a nurse to help the Allied cause. This would be an action drama, where Chuck and Sarah meet (would then have romance). Not sure on which theatre (Europe or Pacific) I will use – Iwo and navy nurses probably works best, but Iwo is very problematic as I would need to have a few character deaths – as the nature of this battle dictates for historical accuracy (1/3 of of troops casualties), and I am not sure I am comfortable with that. With Normandy I could avoid excess deaths (D-DAY was bad, but I planned on our hero’s being airborne, which suffered terrible losses, but due to the whole dropping behind enemy lines aspect, I can use luck to avoid excess character death angst (Clarification - Major characters would not die - injured yes. Characters including Bryce, Shaw, maybe Morgan - I like him, but he might die and other villains/OC's would be the ones at risk for death).
6) Chuck vs the Letter of the Law (Tentative title - Multi Chapter) - Bryce sends Chuck government secrets, which lands Chuck in hot water with a prickly NSA Agent. Sarah is a top criminal defense lawyer, with a specialty in international relations after studying at Harvard. Ellie begs Sarah to save her brother from a government looking to save face, leading to forbidden romantic entanglements between our favorite characters. Will Sarah save Chuck? Just an idea so far, still deciding which muti-chapter to concentrate on (New Path or Letter of the Law).
7) Chuck vs the Ugly Duckling – College Story – Sarah and Chuck friendship before more develops, but unlike other high school and college fic’s where Young Sarah is mini spy Sarah – this Sarah is Jenny Burton from High School.
Unsafe External Link