Poll: Which contest entry did you enjoy the best? Vote Now!
Author has written 4 stories for Twilight.
So, a just the other day, literally, coldplaywhore was drunkenly tweeting during the Olympics opening ceremony and decided she wanted to read an Olympics-ward. Thus, this contest was born.
So here's the deal... write an Olympics-based (either Winter or Summer) TwiFic. It can be historical (maybe based around the Munich Tragedy or early greek olympics), comedy, drama, romance, angst... whatever you want, as long as it's centered around the Olympics. You can write an Irishward, an Italian Jasper or even an Estonian Emmett. This is your time to be creative with the countries, people. Your characters can be athletes, coaches, trainers, or even some of the awesome volunteers during the opening / closing ceremonies, just base it at the Olympics. Any questions?
Going For the Gold Anonymous Twi-Fic Contest!
First Place Public Voting - Tumble Turns by magtwi78
Second Place Public Voting - Melt With You by Jenny0719
Third Place Public Voting - Bella Swan is Not Impressed by babyward
1st Place Judge's Voting - Melt With You by Jenny0719
2nd Place Judge's Voting - Tumble Turns by magtwi78
Best Romance - Bella Swan is Not Impressed by babyward
Best Use of the Olympics - Tumble Turns by magtwi78
TumbleTurns by magtwi78
Melt With You by Jenny0719
Dig For Fire by Bellamed (removed)
Let the Games Begin by jemster23
Bella Swan is Not Impressed by babyward
Your Olympic Judges:
Risbee, author of Glimpses, Reindeer Games and co-author of A Beautiful Mess.
Mana_Liz, fuckawesome reader of virtually everything.
pinkpixiechick, author of Some Life in Me and Secluded Seduction.
twiothgirly, author of Funhouse and If It Kills Me. and
MrsSpaceCowboy, author of The Give Away Girl and The House that Love Built
S. Pattinson, who was nice enough to volunteer on Facebook, but has no idea what she is getting in to!
Winners of the public and judges’ vote and the additional categories will receive reviews on The Fictionators as well as banners made by the lovely & wonderful Georgia Lee!
- Best Romance
- Best Use of the Olympics
1. Submissions will be accepted between August 1, 2012 and October 7th, 2012 (closes at 11:59 EST). There will be no exceptions to the deadline, as the deadline has already been extended from September 30th to October 7th.
2. Popular Voting will begin on October 10th, 2012 and run till October 21st, 2012.
3. Winners will be announced on October 24th via twitter and this profile. Follow: @Going4GoldFic
Note: the Hosts reserve the right to adjust dates and/or popular voting protocol based on contest participation.
1. Please read: This contest is ANONYMOUS. That means don't tell anyone, except your beta. Any of the below items will result in immediate disqualification:
2. Word count limits (not including A/N and header): 5k to 15k
3. Do pimp this contest. Show your Olympic spirit people!
4. Each participating author may submit a total of TWO entries. This includes individual submissions as well as collaborations.
5. Submissions may not be previously published works, continuations of previously published works, or outtakes from current stories.
6. Entries should be beta’d before submission. Any story that fails to meet a base level of quality will be disqualified.
7. Additional Information:
1. Submissions will be accepted between August 1, 2012 and October 7, 2012 (closes at 11:59 EST). There will be no exceptions to the deadline.
2. Submissions should be sent to email goingforthegoldcontest@
3. Repeat: Do NOT post your story to your profile until AFTER the contest is over. This is an anonymous contest. Please respect your fellow authors and keep it that way.
4. Please include the following header with your submission (be sure to fill it out in its entirety):
Contest: Going for the Gold Anonymous Twi-Fic Contest
Beta Name (will be removed before we post):
Summary (250 characters or less, including spaces and punctuation):
Warnings and Disclaimer: