Author has written 6 stories for Harry Potter, Sweeney Todd, Monty Python, and Les Misérables.
Hey, I'm Lilah and I'm absolutely obsessed with Harry Potter. I have been reading fanfictions for a long time and a while ago I finally decided to write my own. They're mostly dark and at the moment, my favourite character is Severus Snape so he's the one I write about the most.
Something I wanted to say about everyone being sad that Harry Potter is over: I don't think it really is over. There may not be another book or movie to look forward to but there are so many other things in this fandom: thousands of fanfictions being written all the time, only waiting to be read, all kinds of songs by the wonderful wrock-bands, ... The Harry Potter era will only truly have ended when none here are loyal to it.
My name is Sarah
I am but three,
my eyes are swollen
I cannot see.
I must be stupid,
I must be bad,
what else could have made
my daddy so mad?
I wish I were better,
I wish I weren't ugly,
then maybe my Mommy
would still want to hug me.
I can't speak at all,
I can't do a wrong
or else I'm locked up
all the day long.
When I awake I'm all alone
the house is dark
my folks aren't home.
When my Mommy does come
I'll try and be nice,
so maybe I'll get just
one whipping tonight.
Don't make a sound!
I just heard a car
my daddy is back
from Charlie's Bar.
I hear him curse
my name he calls
I press myself
against the wall.
I try and hide
from his evil eyes
I'm so afraid now
I'm starting to cry.
He finds me weeping
he shouts ugly words,
he says its my fault
that he suffers at work.
He slaps me and hits me
and yells at me more,
I finally get free
and I run for the door. He's already locked it
and I start to bawl,
he takes me and throws me
against the hard wall.
I fall to the floor
with my bones nearly broken,
and my daddy continues
with more bad words spoken.
'I'm sorry!' I scream
but its now much too late
his face has been twisted
into unimaginable hate.
The hurt and the pain
again and again
oh please God, have mercy!
oh please let it end!
And he finally stops
and heads for the door,
while I lay there motionless
sprawled on the floor.
My name is Sarah
and I am but three,
tonight my daddy
I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.
I am the prostitute working the streets because nobody will hire a transsexual woman.
I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear-filled nights.
We are the parents who buried our daughter long before her time.
I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room.
I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wish they could adopt me.
I am one of the lucky ones, I guess. I survived the attack that left me in a coma for three weeks, and in another year I will probably be able to walk again.
I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before graduating high school. It was simply too much to bear.
We are the couple who had the realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men.
I am the person who never knows which bathroom I should use if I want to avoid getting the management called on me.
I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed, and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman.
I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman.
I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.
I am the father who has never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to other men.
I am the home-economics teacher who always wanted to teach gym until someone told me that only lesbians do that.
I am the man who died when the paramedics stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was transsexual.
I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I did not have to always deal with society hating me.
I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I don't believe, but because they closed their doors to my kind.
I am the person who has to hide what this world needs most, love.
I am the person who is afraid of telling his loving Christian parents he loves another male.
1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, liposuction and air conditioning.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans...
Have fun reading and please leave a review!