Author has written 24 stories for Teen Titans, Infernal Devices, Cassandra Clare, Once Upon a Time, Rise of the Guardians, Criminal Minds, Sleepy Hollow, Harry Potter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Big Bang Theory, Forever, and Sherlock.
Hey, I'm StarfireRocks, and in case you haven't already clued in, I'm an author on this website. (BIG secret. Don't tell anybody!)
My picture, the lame drawing? Yeah, I drew that. I'm not a very good artist I'm afraid. But it's supposed to be Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians.
What bugs me is when authors write a story, and then don't update for years, if ever again. Hopefully I will never fall into that category. I have no plans to. (Although my stories almost always have painfully long update schedules, unless it's summer holidays.)
I'd like to think my writing's fairly adequate, but at times I doubt myself. Though, I'm lucky enough to have wonderful reviewers who criticize my works (kindly, because they are simply amazing) which helps me get better at writing! Not to mention the encouraging comments they leave! Being on this website has boosted my courage and confidence considerably - and I love it! Thank you to all those who helped me with encouragement - I love your reviews and greatly appreciate them!
THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME IN THE DAY TO WRITE.
You Know You're a Book Nerd If:
You can randomly open to a page and know exactly what's going on.
You stay up to read a book until 4 A.M., then get back up at 7 to continue reading.
Just about everything you do revolves around reading. If you're not reading, you're probably on fanfiction.net, drawing fan art, etc.
You try to get all of your friends to read your favorite books.
Everything reminds you of the book.
You quote random lines all the time.
You try to do things that the characters do, even though you know you can't.
You've gotten incredibly bored in class, and debated on doing something your favorite character can do to escape the class.
You have pictures of your favorite characters on your computer.
You've got a book memorized.
You've read a specific book more than five times.
You've read a book with 400 pages in less than two days.
You've planned and prepared a siege on a writer's house because he/she killed a character you like.
You blatantly deny it when someone calls a character fictional.
IF YOU ARE A BOOK NERD AND PROUD OF IT, COPY AND PASTE ONTO YOUR PROFILE!!!!!
To hopefully kick start my writing again, I wrote this short little bit of nothing - I don't even know why. Just. I don't know. Anyway:
Though she would never admit it, Star found the dark place she was in terrifying. She couldn't see her hand in front of her face, and the weak flashlight clutched tightly in her hand offered only a faint circle of illumination, and it didn't reach very far. She could hear her heart pumping in her ears, and her hand slipped on the metal of the torch, making the circle shake. Star had never liked the dark; at least not the absolute shadows around her – she loved being outside at night-time, when stars dotted the sky and the moon lit her path, but this chilling blindness made her nervous.
"Err," she said, cringing as her voice only served to remind her how alone she was. "Um."
Inwardly, she cursed her inability to form words. Now was not the time to be shy.
Star cleared her throat and hardened her resolve, sucking in a fortifying breath. She'd come to this vast, empty, terrible place for a reason, and she'd be damned if she failed herself now. She had no choice but to plow forward, complete her mission, then get the hell out of there.
Of course her torch decided this was the ideal time to flicker and die. For a moment, Star stood frozen; then with a cry of pure frustration she chucked the useless thing far away from her, not hearing it impact the floor. Obviously it had fallen into the dark abyss of nothing she found herself in, which only fueled her outrage.
"That's it!" she yelled, clenching her hands into fists."I came here for one thing, and one thing only!" So, Star heaved a large breath and prepared to use her voice to its maximum capacity – which she had been told was loud and quite impressive. Time to put it to good use. "MUSE!" she screamed into the irritating nothingness. "TIME TO SHOW THE HELL UP! YOU'VE BEEN GONE FOR LONG ENOUGH! GET BACK HERE SO I CAN GO BACK TO WRITING!"
She waited, content to stay until her demands were met, like she knew they would be; no matter how much her Muse liked to hide away, the lazy bugger, it always knew better than to defy her. She allowed it reasonable vacation time, but it was getting ridiculous – nearly two months now, without a single word written. That was excessive, even for her stupid, stubborn Muse. Honestly, it was far too like Star herself, which made it her own damn fault.
Star waited for a long time, and just as her patience began to fray, a tentative figure formed in the distance. With a satisfied smirk, Star crossed her arms and watched the figure approach her, meek and mild. It stayed close to her feet as it came closer, head ducked, and it went straight past her, back the way she'd come, where the exit to this empty place, this cemetery of her imagination, was.
Victorious, Star followed a few paces behind the small pink bunny, ready to get back to the real world and finally write more of that stupid story.
Okay, my WIP story info:
Icy Frost - Rise of the Guardians - IMPORTANT NOTICE AT THE END OF THE LATEST CHAPTER!!
Wrong Life - Criminal Minds - My laptop broke, guys, and this is the first time I've had proper access to a computer in weeks. I can't even write and update with this computer, since most of the next chapter was saved on my laptop, along with all my notes. I'm hoping I can just get the screen of my laptop fixed (it's shattered, and since it's a touch screen, I can't actually open anything, including the ever so important Word Document) and then keep the laptop, including all my work - not just for this story, but also my original work that I never got around to saving on a flash drive. Unfortunately, I have no idea when I'll be able to get the screen fixed, or even if it's possible, since I have no idea just how bad the damage is. If this goes on for too long, I guess I'll just have to admit defeat and try rewriting the chapter without my notes, so I will still update by, say... if by the time I go back to school there's no sign of my laptop being fixed, I'll try to rewrite the chapter, yeah? I'd rather not, since I don't have my notes, plus I've already written a fair chunk of it on my laptop, but desperate times, right? Please try to be patient guys, I love you all, and am amazed by all the favourites and follows my story has gotten, and I hope you'll all stick with me. I'm doing my best, and I'd be very grateful if you just waited a bit longer until I figure out what to do. Thanks, dear readers, you are all amazing.
Cannot Escape The Past - Teen Titans - This story is terrible. I admit that openly. I'd like to advise you not to read it unless you're willing to overlook horrendous grammar, and if you read it before any of my recent stories, please know I have improved greatly since then. GREATLY. This will be edited eventually, but it'll be a huge haul of work and I don't have the will yet. When I finish at least one of my WIPs I'll get on it.
Curses - Once Upon A Time - This also requires some major editing. Plus I think I promised a sequel. Yeah, that sequel's not happening for awhile. Too much on my plate. Sorry.
Goodbyes - Already edited once, but needs it again. I will. Promise.
More Random & Pointless Stuff
Criminal Mind Quotes (That Made Me Laugh)
(I've only just been given the first three seasons, so I'm making my way through them, and I found some funny quotes. I'll almost definitely add more as I work my way through them, but here are the very few I have already, in no particular order.)
Morgan: Reid, get down!
*tackles him to the ground*
Morgan: We've got a team leader on the verge of a nervous breakdown!
*Gideon walks in to grab something*
Gideon: They don't call them nervous breakdowns anymore.
Reid: They call them major depressive episodes.
Morgan: I know, Reid.
Morgan: I thought I was talking to the office of Supreme Genius?
Garcia: Well, you've just been rerouted to the office of Too Frickin' Bad.
Reid: Could you guys do me a favour?
Reid: Could at least one of you look like you're gonna see me again?
*Gideon, Morgan, and Hotch look at each other*
Hotch: See you when you get back.
Reid: What do you think of Ryan?
Hotch: He hasn't changed much.
Reid: I think we could learn a lot from him.
Hotch: What could you possibly learn that you don't already know?
Agent Ryan: I used this specific quote in my -
Reid: In your book, on page 184 . . .
*Ryan looks at him oddly*
Reid: I, uh, I read it on the plane.
Agent Ryan: And you remember the page number; the quote?
Morgan: Don't ask.
Gideon: Blackwolf, I'm Agent Gideon; these are Agents Hotchner and Reid.
Blackwolf: You look like a college professor.
*looks at Reid*
Blackwolf: And you look like his student.
Hotch: Just so you know, you sound like a fortune cookie.
Reid: The exact same thing happened with the Ghett's subway shooting in the early '80s.
Gideon: You weren't even born.
Reid: I read a lot.
Reid: Do I look twelve years old to you?
Reid: A pyshco with a whistle. That's not too weird . . .
Rossi: The jet?
Hotch: Yeah, we have a jet now.
Rossi: Are you serious?
Hotch: Yeah, comes in pretty handy.
Rossi: She's different.
Hotch: You have no idea.
Prentiss: *to Reid* You know, I could've gotten you a colouring book at the airport.
Civilian: FBI? You're not serious. You look like a pipe cleaner with eyes.
Garcia: I don't believe in guns!
Morgan: Believe me, they are very real.
*Morgan smacks Reid in the back of the head*
Reid: Ouch! JJ, he just hit me!
JJ: Boys, behave, or I'll ground you both ...
*After Reid walks in late*
Rossi: I hope she was worth it.
Morgan: I hope it was a she.
(Will continue this at another point in time... maybe)
RANDOM SURVEY TIME JUST BECAUSE:
1. Do you have any regrets? Of course, loads of them.
2. Do you have a deep, dark secret? Yes, though I don't know how 'deep' it is.
3. Have you ever hurt someone? Not intentionally.
4. Have you ever self-harmed? Yes.
5. How would you like to be remembered? Preferably as an author, but at least as smart.
6. Who are the three most important people in your life? Uh, my aunt, my uncle... my best friend, I suppose?
7. Was there one event that changed your life and the way you think? Yeah.
8. Would you sacrifice everything for love? Not sure. Is it forever love? Is everything I sacrifice gone forever?
9. Are you afraid of dying? Not in the least.
10. Have you ever been abused? No, I haven't.
11. Have you ever been in love? Well, actually...
12. Are you happy with who you are? Not really.
13. Would you ever give up your life to save someone else’s? In a heartbeat.
14. Have you changed at all in the last year? Yes, I think so.
15. Would you ever settle for someone you didn’t feel was “the one”? Probably.
16. Is there someone you can tell everything to without fear of judgment? I sure hope she doesn't judge me!
17. Are you pursuing your dreams? Sort of...
18. Do actions speak louder than words? I suppose so, though words are nice, too, sometimes...
19. Is there something you would never do? Undoubtedly, but too many to list here.
20. What makes you uncomfortable? Talking with people I don't know.
1. Are you satisfied with the way your life is right now? Nope.
2. Do you drink enough water? Yup.
3. When was the last time you ate at Burger King? Never.
4. Do you prefer the beach or the mountains? Beach! Beach! BEACH!
5. How do you usually feel when you wake up on a morning? Sleepy and terribly grumpy.
6. Would you rather take someone on a date, or be taken on a date? Taken on a date... What if they didn't like what I planned?!
7. When was the last time you wore high heeled shoes? Probably some time last month, I think...
8. Vodka or wine? Vodka, I guess.
9. How often do you cry? Once or twice every other month?
10. Ever had a crush on a teacher? Er, no.
11. Can you wire a plug? Not without doing some damage to something.
12. Do you wear socks to bed? Sometimes, sometimes not.
13. What is currently bugging you? Stupid writer's block. Ugh.
14. Where were you when you got your first period? On an hour long drive back home from MY birthday party.
15. Can you change a car tire? Nope.
16. Have you met more than ten celebrities? Haven't even met one.
17. Do you sleep naked? Uh, no.
18. What was the best music gig you’ve ever attended? Sadly, my town's annual festival. People at those things can't sing.
19. Do you think Benedict Cumberbatch is hot? ...Yes.
21. Favourite Disney princess? Don't have one.
22. Favourite city? London, England. Always.
23. Can you drive? Not legally.
24. Cigarettes or alcohol? Alcohol.
25. Excercise or healthy eating? Both, but healthy eating, I suppose.
26. Favourite and least favourite accents? Favourite: Scottish, Least Favourite: Brooklyn.
27. What are you looking forward to? Christmas.
28. Did you play Red Rover when you were a child? Probably, though I can't remember.
29. Are you more attracted to men or women? Women.
30. Do you like 1980s fashion? No idea.
1. State your name: StarfireRocks.
2. State the name that your parent(s) almost named you: Samantha.
3. Which of your relatives do you get along with the most? My uncle, because he's hilarious when he's drunk.
4. What was your first job? Babysitter.
6. Did anything embarrassing happen this week? I fudged up while talking to my aunt.
7. Do you miss your ex? Hell to the no. He got creepy fast.
8. Do people praise you for your looks? Not without me getting suspicious.
9. What is your favorite color of clothing to wear? Black, or anything neon, because I'm quirky.
10. How do you wear your makeup? I don't.
11. What are some of your nicknames? Oh, this is going to be embarrassing... *hem hem* Birthday B*tch, Munchkin, and Waifu.
12. How many bedrooms are in your house? Two.
13. How many bathrooms? One and a half.
14. Do you have a job? I volunteer.
15. Do you have a car? Nope.
16. Do you work out every week? Yes; at least I try.
17. Did you brush your teeth this morning? ... duh, yeah.
18. Have you ever kissed someone you never saw again? No.
19. Have you ever sang in front of a crowd? CHRISTMAS. CONCERTS. Ugh.
20. What kind of bathing suit do you wear? Shorts and a shirt.
21. Do you like your eyes? Sometimes.
22. Do you think you are pretty? Depends on the lighting.
23. Who was the last person you talked to in person? My aunt.
24. How much money is in your checking account? $120... I have no idea where my money went! I did not spend $500 in a month, so I think my aunt took it.
25. Are you single? Blegh, yes.
26. Do you want kids? Still on the fence.
27. Tell me what your back pack looks like: It's a satchel, because satchels are amazing. Satchels are cool.
28. What celebrity do you think is hot? I don't really think people are 'hot' until I get to know them.
29. Last movie you saw in theatre: Pixels!
30. Are you dating the same person you dated last year? Nope.
31. Has someone you were dating ever cheated on you? Ugh, yes.
32. Have you ever cheated? Absolutely not.
33: Have you kissed someone whose name starts with a ‘J’? No.
34: What do you like to do in your spare time? Read and write.
35: Do you have a facebook? Not anymore.
36: What’s the cutest thing someone’s ever done for you? Oooh, good one... my friend, or 'wife', left me a cute little love note thing in French (both the language and the class).
37: Who was the last person you texted? Er, one of my friends.
39: How do you look right now? Probably like the undead.
40: Who’s the person who first comes to your mind when someone mentions “love”? ... my best friend. Ugh I love her.
I've been surrounded by stereotypes my whole life, so. . . yeah. Here you go! Copy and paste on your profile if you're against stereotyping - bold lines are you!
I'm SKINNY, so I MUST be anorexic.
I'm a CHRISTAN, so I MUST think gay people should go to hell.
I'm RICH, so I MUST be a conceited snob.
I'm BRAZILIAN, so I MUST have a BIG BUTT.
I'm ASIAN so I must be a NERD that does HOMEWORK 24/7.
I have LOW SELF-ESTEEM, so I MUST think badly of myself and be depressed all the time.
I have a DIFFERENT sense of HUMOR, so I MUST be crazy.
I tell people OFF, so I MUST be an over controlling bitch.
I hang out with a FORMER PROSTITUTE.. So I MUST be a whore myself.
I’m a YOUNG WRITER, so I MUST be emo.
I'm an ALBINO, so I MUST be an evil person with mental abilities and is A MURDERER!
I have my OWN spiritual ideology; therefore I MUST be WRONG or MISGUIDED.
I DON'T CURSE, so I MUST be an outcast
I'm GOTHIC, so I MUST be mean
I'm NOT CHRISTIAN so I MUST just need converting.
Dear me that's a lot of bolded lines. . . I bet you learnt more about me in that than in anything else in my profile, didn't you? I also bet there's at least one thing I bolded that you didn't like. Too bad.
That's all I got. Other than I'm devoted to school. If writing is getting in the way of my studies, I will stop until I can get myself back on track. Don't worry though, I won't just disappear. I'll leave due warning.
Um. . .yeah.
I am the girl that doesn't go to school dances, or games, and when I do go, I sit in a corner and read a book. I am the girl that people look through when I say something. I am the girl that spends most of her free time reading, writing, or doing other activities that most teenagers wouldn't call normal. I am the girl that people call weird and a freak either behind my back or to my face. I am the girl that doesn't spend all her time on MySpace, or talking to a girlfriend on a cell phone or regular phone. I am the girl that has stopped to smell the flowers and jump and splash in the rain. BUT I am also the girl who knows and is proud to be who she is, doesn’t care if people call her weird (it's a compliment), who loves reading and writing and doing the things that no one seems to have the time to do any more, who loves and is obsessed with fictional characters, who can express herself better with words than actions, who doesn't need a guy to complete her, and knows the importance of the little things. Copy and paste this onto your account, and add your name to the list, if you are anything like me, so the girls who are different and unique can know in their weakest time that they are unique but not alone.: Iheartjake1220, FaerieRose13, Dancer4Life15,Marigold Winters, SparklingTopazEyes, 7HockeyStarVampireObsessed7, XxDracoMalfoy'sGirlxX, Beckylovex, JoluJasamSkate, TaylorTyper, CoriShadowfang, SisterOfScarletDevil, StarfireRocks,
|Community:||Adorable Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Pairings|
|Focus:||General: All Categories|