What I write: I love to write short stories and poetry! The mysterious and slightly unfinished plot of a short story never fails to intrigue, along with the mystique and depth of poetry. I don't write many stories now, because I'm busy! Therefore, I am primarily a beta reader here on fanfiction. I write dark themes well, and this can help mitigate any over-fluffiness and lightheartedness that may occur in your story. I'm not sure why this happens, for I am a generally cheerful person!
A little about me: Although I'm pretty lenient about web info, I won't post my name. Therefore, you can call me Kaia! (for those people who know me in real life, if you say "Kaia," I'll respond!) I'm currently in high school, which turned out to be really fun (disregarding all the work!). I have a pretty generous course load, which prevents me from writing much. Since I love the idea of fanfiction and try to stay as involved as I can, I'm a beta reader. This permits me to see a lot more of what goes into stories and what can improve.
hobbies and sports: I am not enrolled in any sports other than violin at the moment! however, I do participate in speech and debate, art, orchestra, newspaper, and advocacy. I also cook. I've been in the kitchen since I was 4-ish, and I specialize in Italian and Thai food (almost only Italian food...nothing like honoring my heritage!). I consider myself a good student. I've never had anything lower than 90%, and don't plan to anytime soon! I love history, and I'm not a huge fan of math. Just kidding. I hate math with the burning fire of a thousand suns.
I also love personality types. If you are my friend and I have not pushed you into taking the test, then I will soon. By "the test," I mean the Briggs Myers one. Here's the link --> It's really cool how well it describes you! (I'm not a huge fan of conformity, and I don't really like the fact that this test assigns 4 letters to a person, but it is unnervingly accurate!) I'm an ENFP by the way!
ENFP: ENFPs are initiators of change, keenly perceptive of possibilities. They energize and stimulate others through their contagious enthusiasm. They prefer the start-up phase of a project or relationship, and are tireless in the pursuit of new-found interests. ENFPs are able to anticipate the needs of others and to offer them needed help and appreciation. They bring zest, joy, liveliness, and fun to all aspects of their lives. They are at their best in fluid situations that allow them to express their creativity and use their charisma. They tend to idealize people, and can be disappointed when reality fails to fulfill their expectations. They are easily frustrated if a project requires a great deal of follow-up or attention to detail.
About my name: as previously mentioned, Alkaia Trellicino is not my real name. In fact, its a pretty weird name! It is a mash up of famous Amazon warrior names, and my own name. I wanted to include my culture in my unique alias. I am Italian and Brazilian. So, why Amazons? Amazons were central to greco-roman mythology, which covers the Italian side. The connection to Brazil should be pretty obvious! Also, Amazons were strong female figures in mythology. Aside from the hunters, this female-centric society is nonexistent. Being an avid feminist, I love the empowering change! I chose Alkaia as my first name because she was a renowned Amazon general famous for being a great leader. I hope to be an important person also, and leadership is something I deeply admire in others. My last name is Tr...o. You can see where the first and last parts of my last name come from! I also borrowed from Aello and Alcinoe. Aello was a strong fighter who was killed by Herakles. Her names means "whirlwind." Alcinoe means "wisdom." I used the "ci" from Alcinoe, and the "ell" from Aello. It's confusing, so just call me Kaia.
10 Favorite Quotes:
1) "A man must stand for something, or else he will fall for everything." -Alexander Hamilton
2) "To love another person is to see the face of God." -Les Miserables (musical)
3) "As is a tale, so is life. Not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters." -Seneca
4) "Even the darkest nights will end and the sun will rise." -Les Miserables (musical)
5) "It is the Idiot who walks by a tree without even noticing it." -The Idiot (Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
6) "Is all that what we see or seem but a dream within a dream?" -A Dream Within a Dream (Edgar Allan Poe)
7) 'I am the smartest man in the world because I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing." -Socrates
8) "Music expresses what must be said, but cannot be put into words." -Victor Hugo
9) "God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well." -Voltaire
10) “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -Churchill
11) "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those..”