Author has written 16 stories for Monster Hunter, Fossil Fighters, How to Train Your Dragon, Spore, and Pokémon.
ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL MY READERS:
I have been getting requests from anonymous guests, on occasion, to continue those stories that I have discontinued. Unfortunately, I'm being bombarded with new story ideas all the time, and I don't know if I'll ever have time to reboot the old ones (especially now that I'm in university, and my workload is huge). For now, it is unlikely that I will ever rewrite my old, discontinued stories. Thank you for your understanding.
With that out of the way - greetings, and many great hellos! I am Cottonmouth25 (or Cm25 for short), and I'm really excited to start contributing to this site! I love to write, and I especially love writing fiction. And I ESPECIALLY like to write fiction about my favorite franchises - that is, Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Fossil Fighters, How to Train Your Dragon, and BIONICLE.
When I first made an account on this site, my chief inspirations have been ShayminMarx's Fossil Fighters fanfic and Coli Chibi's Pokemon fanfics. Thanks to these, I've been inspired to write my own FFC fanfic, called "Wrath of the Caliosteo King", and Pokemon fanfic, called "Pokemon Black and White: Tale of a Legend".
(The aforementioned "Tale of a Legend" will be part of a trilogy. "Wrath of the Caliosteo King" will be remade into a new Fossil Fighters fanfic called "Fossil Fighters: Frozen Fire".)
I have many, many more fanfictions planned, so you all have a lot to look forward to!
- Name: Cottonmouth25
- Nickname: The Spore Serpent
- Age: 18 years (and counting)
- Favorite Color: Green
- Favorite Food: Any type of seafood, especially sushi.
- Favorite Book Series: Guardians of Ga'Hoole, Wings of Fire, Shark Wars
- Favorite Handheld Video Games: Pokémon Black, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Fossil Fighters
- Favorite Console Video Game: Godzilla: Unleashed
- Favorite Movies: How to Train Your Dragon 2, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, Pacific Rim, Land Before Time VII: Stone of Cold Fire
- Favorite Animal: Any bird
- Favorite Hobby: Writing fanfics
- Favorite School Subject: Biology
- Least Favorite School Subject: Statistics. It's pure evil.
- Things I Cannot Live Without: My Nintendo 3DS (and games), my fanfictions, the completed rough copy of my novel, my complete set of Guardians of Ga'Hoole books, and my three greatest friends.
About my OCs:
Something I want to clear up right away is something that concerns three of my OCs. Namely - Cotton, Batwings, and Volantes. All of them are based off of me as a person.
In this case, I believe that Cotton is the worst of the trio. The only difference between him and me is the fact he's an invincible pseudo-villain with a mutation that gives him wings. In hindsight, he's nothing more than an attempt to make myself more awesome, and I'm ashamed for coming up with such a ridiculous character in the first place.
Batwings is another winged version of me. However, he has several more differences that make him a unique character. He's more confident and more sure of himself than I am, and he doesn't wear glasses like I do. While it isn't a big step forward from Cotton, I personally believe that he is a far better character, and I really like him.
Volantes is the third, and he's my favorite. Volan is physically very similar to me - tall, skinny, and lightweight. He has the same features I do, but he's just a little younger than I am now. However, his personality is vastly different and is what sets him apart from Cotton and Batwings. Volan is very mistrustful and is often rude to people he doesn't know, and he has a better mastery of speech than I do (I tend to correct and start over my sentences more often than not, and I pause whenever I need to recover my train of thought). But the best thing about him is that he is a regular human being who is only unique in character, once again setting him apart from Cotton and Batwings.
Victim to the Sin of Wrath (Monster Hunter)
A short oneshot, my first ever fanfiction, detailing why Gobuls are such ravenous cowards.
Monster Hunter High (Monster Hunter)
Another oneshot, this one starring various monsters as high school students. I've toyed with the idea of doing a full-fledged story based on this.
Main Pairing: Khezu x Gigginox
Monster Hunter Destiny (Monster Hunter)
The first in a trilogy, starring a young teenager with odd transformation powers as he struggles to stop a raging war between humans and monsters.
Monster Hunter Destiny: Chronicle (Monster Hunter)
The sequel to Monster Hunter Destiny, and the second in the trilogy. The main character and his surviving friends journey to a region where war is nowhere to be found, but an Elder Dragon threatens their lives regardless.
Monster Hunter Destiny: The Darkness Within (Monster Hunter)
The sequel to Monster Hunter Destiny: Chronicle, and the third in the trilogy. The main character's girlfriend is hurt by destructive magic and is starting to turn evil, while they search for a legendary Elder Dragon that legend says is capable of performing miracles.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Destined Explorers of Legend (Pokémon)
Originally planned to be part of a trilogy. This story features the separate adventures of many groups of Pokémon that are struggling to restore order in a world full of conflict and terrible evildoers.
Holiday of a Legend (Pokémon)
A spinoff of "Pokémon Black & White: Tale of a Legend". Intended to be a Christmas-themed "special episode", it revolves around Volan and the gang as they attempt to enjoy their holiday while having to deal with the evil Team Plasma.
Main Pairing: Volantes (OC) x Caitlin
Fossil Fighters Champions: Wrath of the Caliosteo King (Fossil Fighters)
A novelization of the second game in the Fossil Fighters series, with the occasional twist. Featuring the adventures of Dina on her journey to become the winner of the Caliosteo Cup, and her friends Todd, Rupert, and Pauleen.
Main Pairing: Dina x Rupert
HTTYD: Legends Are Born (How to Train Your Dragon)
A retelling of the first movie as well as the TV series, this fanfic was unfortunately discontinued. Told from a variety of perspectives throughout and featuring several unique OCs to help the dragon riders on their whacky adventures.
Main Pairing: Hiccup x Astrid
Of Average Insanity (How to Train Your Dragon)
A fanfic I started for the heck of it. This story details even crazier adventures than those found in my previous story, which get more and more chaotic as the How to Train Your Dragon gang continuously dare each other to do stupid things.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Destined Explorers of Peace (Pokémon)
The second in a planned trilogy of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon fanfics. It brings back most of the characters from the previous installment, as well as some new ones, as the heroes try to stop the villains from taking over the planet.
Pokémon Black and White: Tale of a Legend (Pokémon)
My greatest work of art on this site to date, this fanfiction details the exploits of a Pokémon Trainer unlike any other. On his journey, he will meet Legendary Pokémon, fight bad guys, rescue good guys, and win the heart of a girl he's admired for years. Already over a hundred chapters strong, if any of you decide to read one of my fanfics, make sure you pick this one.
Main Pairing: Volantes (OC) x Caitlin
NOTE: "Pokémon Black and White: Tale of a Legend" has its own page on TVTropes! Visit the website and be sure to look for it!
Legends are Born: Monsters of Berk (How to Train Your Dragon/Monster Hunter)
For those of you who read HTTYD: Legends are Born, my first crossover is my way of bringing it back to life. It focuses on the events of the television series, detailing the adventures of Hiccup and his friends (including Snaketail, Arachne, and Batwings from the previous story) as they navigate through a world full of deadly monsters.
Main Pairing: Hiccup x Astrid
Main Pairing 2: Batwings (OC) x Heather
Pokémon X and Y: Flight of a Legend (Pokémon)
I plan for this idea to metamorphose into the sequel to "Pokémon Black and White: Tale of a Legend". Whether or not it will be greater than the original story remains to be seen.
Main Pairing: Volantes (OC) x Caitlin
Main Pairing 2: ??
What Lies Beneath the Ice (How to Train Your Dragon)
This is going to be an AU of the first movie. Both Viking and dragon OCs are welcome. I'm not quite sure how this story will play out, but one thing is for sure - it'll be awesome!
Fossil Fighters: Frozen Fire (Fossil Fighters)
It has been years since I stopped writing my first Fossil Fighters fanfiction, but I believe that it's time to take another crack at it. This fanfic will probably be my greatest yet, combining two games into one and then adding in an unexpected plot twist here and there. I have already written several chapters, and plan to officially publish it after my first year of university.
Main Pairing: Volantes (OC) x Lola
Monster Hunter: Metamorphosis (Monster Hunter)
This fanfic might appear on this site eventually. It first started as a neat idea that I thought up on a whim - converting each monster in Monster Hunter to what they might look like in a human form. I have several characters drawn already, but will I start writing? Hopefully I will eventually.
NOTE: You can take a look at some of the characters on my deviantArt account. My deviantArt username is simply Cm25.
Septem Daemonia (SPORE)
This fanfiction is something I wrote on paper a long time ago, based on one of my friends' SPORE Galactic Adventures. I have discontinued it and will be updating it as soon as I get the chance. If any of you play SPORE, make sure to search for an Adventure of the same name - Septem Daemonia, created by Gengar114.
The Complete Field Guide to Monsters (Monster Hunter)
My first, and very successful, attempt to compile a field guide to the ferocious and magnificent beasts that roam the world of Monster Hunter. Until further notice, this fanfic has been discontinued, but I WILL be continuing it eventually.
Wings of Berk (Wings of Fire/How to Train Your Dragon)
A neat crossover idea featuring two of my favorite dragon-related franchises. The dragonets of destiny are flying to the Kingdom of the Sea to meet with Tsunami's mother, but are blown off course and land on Berk instead!
El Luchador (Rayman)
Another oneshot with a bit of romance, but focusing more on adventure. In it, Volantes, my ever-present OC, teams up with Rayman and Globox to save La Fiesta de Los Muertos from El Luchador, the terrible Mexican wrestler, and to restore a warrior princess to her throne.
OCs (WARNING: Spoilers):
Monster Hunter Destiny Trilogy
- Taka: Sixteen-year-old shapeshifter who is destined to make peace between monsters and humans. Wears Qurupeco armor and wields a Guan Dao Longsword. He has clashed on numerous occasions with his own friends over his beliefs, even going so far as to seriously injure them.
- Illeera: Taka's best friend. Wears Zinogre armor and carries a Sonic Bow II.
- Mylie: Another friend of Taka's. Wears Ludroth armor and carries an Agnablaster Bowgun. She eventually becomes evil and opposes Taka's adventures, but ends up seeing the light again in the end.
- Relcia: A good friend of Taka's, and his eventual girlfriend. Wears Rathian armor and wields two Raven Tessen Dual Swords.
- Taahnn: A friend of Taka's, prone to fits of anger. Wears Bone armor and carries a Basarios Rock Hunting Horn. Killed by an Elder Dragon called Renalimas.
- Kiem: Enemy of Taka's. Wields a Rugged Lance and wears Blangonga armor. Killed by a Warlaros, the Wyvern Warlord.
- Kread: A fairly decent friend to Taka. Carries the mighty Siegemund Greatsword and wears Plesioth armor. Killed by Taka, in the guise of a Glacial Agnaktor.
- Ryka: Kread's girlfriend. Wears Steel armor and wields a Shadow Saber Sword and Shield. Eaten alive by a Deviljho.
- Hornt: Taka's absolute worst adversary. Wears Vespoid armor and carries a Devil's Advocate Hammer. Poisoned to death by a Lavender Barroth.
- Tartu: Main villain of "Monster Hunter Destiny: Chronicle". He has a gift for seeing the future. Wears Nargacuga armor and carries an unknown Sword and Shield. He wanted to use the power of White Raviente to rule the known world, but was stopped by Taka and incinerated by White Fatalis.
- Tenris: A foreign hunter from beyond Moga. Initially has a crush on Taka. Wears Qurupeco armor and wields a Qurupeco Chopper Sword and Shield.
- Elric: A foreign hunter, and Tenris' brother. He has a huge thing for Illeera. Wears Red Khezu armor and wields a Khezu Shock Sword.
- Vulcan: Taka's best non-human friend. He is a Rathalos, King of the Skies.
- Syrie: A Nargacuga who has made friends with Relcia.
- Ignatius: A Diablos whose best friend is Taahnn.
- Jin: A Zinogre pup who was adopted by Illeera.
- Reia: Vulcan's mate, a Rathian.
- Helix and Dronk: Two monsters from the Mysterious Beyond. Respectively, they are a Moardea (new Bird Wyvern) and a Thondriun (new Carapaceon).
Fossil Fighters Champions: Wrath of the Caliosteo King
- Cotton: Short for Cottonmouth25 (me). He was severely mutated at birth, resulting in pterosaur-like wings sprouting from his back, and talons instead of feet. He was the Champion of the original Caliosteo Cup.
How to Train Your Dragon: Legends are Born
- Snaketail: A newcomer to Berk. She initially has a crush on Hiccup, which eventually shifts to Tuffnut.
- Horrorcow: Snaketail's dragon companion. He is a Grapple Grounder with a taste for vegetables.
- Batwings: A species of rare dragon called a Siren, who eventually befriends Hiccup and the gang. Can shapeshift into a humanoid form in order to lure Vikings to their doom. Also possesses the ability to sing a hypnotic lullaby. He eventually falls for Heather, and leaves Berk to go after her.
- Nightshade: Batwings' dragon companion. She is an adolescent Whispering Death, and is curiously immune to sunlight.
- Arachne: Astrid's little sister, ten years old.
- Rilebolt: Arachne's dragon companion. He is a fully-grown Skrill that can be somewhat of a challenge for Arachne to handle. She hates Toothless with a passion, although eventually mellows out towards him.
- Sparrowfoot: Trader Johann's dragon, a rare species of Nadder called a Puff Nadder. He has a throat sac that carries poison gas and a whip-like tail with a sting at the end.
- Coralwing: Thornado's mate, a purple Thunderdrum.
- Spike: A male Deadly Nadder and Stormfly's mate.
Legends are Born: Monsters of Berk
- Snaketail Grundenson: A newcomer to Berk, having lost her entire family in a monster raid. She soon develops a crush on Tuffnut. She isn't dumb, but still not as intelligent as Hiccup or Fishlegs.
- Arachne Philston: Another newcomer to Berk, about ten years old. She looks up to Astrid and practically worships the older girl. Cheerful and enthusiastic, as well as a quick learner.
- Batwings: A shapeshifting dragon called a Siren, the only dragon of the Monster Riders. He usually looks like a giant eel, but prefers to stay in his humanoid form. He can breathe nearly-invincible flames and sing hypnotic lullabies. He immediately falls in love with Heather when she appears on Berk.
- Erick: The Chief of the Peaceable tribe.
- Fartlout: The blacksmith of the Peaceable tribe.
- Sightless: Hiccup's monster companion, a Gore Magala. One wing is injured, and only Hiccup's complex invention (a splint, saddle, and stirrup) can allow him to fly.
- Blackhawk: Astrid's Yian Garuga.
- Snotsnarl: Snotlout's Tigrex.
- Heatray: Fishlegs' Gravios.
- Queen and King: Ruffnut and Tuffnut's Lunastra and Teostra, respectively.
- Venomwing: Arachne's Remobra.
- Twinhorn: Snaketail's Diablos.
- Mocktalk: Batwings' Qurupeco. Fond of stealing Snotlout's line - "Mocktalk, Mocktalk, oi, oi, oi!"
- Silversol: Gobber's Silver Rathalos, initially the blacksmith's archrival.
- Needlenose: Stoick's Anorupatisu, and Thornado's best friend.
- Scarath: Heather's Seregios. Formerly called "Steve".
- Terror and Biter: Venomwing's children.
- Squawktalk, Warble, and Honker: Mocktalk's children. Often called the Peco triplets.
- Dia and Bolo: Twinhorn's children.
- Sharpbeak, Spiketail, and Wolfwings: Blackhawk's children.
PMD: Destined Explorers of Legend
Too many to list! Read and find out.
Pokemon Black and White: Tale of a Legend
- Volantes: A sixteen-year-old from Lacunosa Town, who goes by the name of Volan. He distrusts strangers but is very loyal to his friends. He has a crush on a certain member of the Elite Four. The destined partner to Reshiram.
- Thrin: Volan's younger sister. Shortly after turning fifteen, she starts her Pokemon journey across Unova alongside her brother. The destined partner to Zekrom.
- Bernice: Volan's Starter, a Pidove. She has been with him almost from the day he was born and is his most trusted companion.
- Tony: OC from Coli Chibi. A Bug-type specialist native to Kanto, who is competing in the Unova League. His starter is a Butterfree named Lucky.
- Will: OC from TrainerNaps. A Johto native with a sarcastic sense of humor, and assistant to an archaeologist called Professor Scatterly. His starter is a Totodile named Quip.
- Gwendolyn: A Team Plasma grunt that Thrin manages to sway to her side.
The Couples I Ship:
NOTE: I have not actually written all of these pairings into my fanfics. Some I plan on writing, some I have already written, and all are couples I think are cute together. Characters in italics are OCs.
Dina / Rupert
Cole / Lola
Volantes / Lola
Jura / Dahlia
Tria / Leon
Volantes / Caitlin
Calem / Serena
Brendan / Lisia
Nate / Roxie
Cheren / Bianca
Meloetta / Victini
Frillish / Frillish
Taka / Relcia
Acedon / Luxi
Avari / Invida
Rathalos / Rathian
Khezu / Gigginox
How to Train Your Dragon:
Hiccup / Astrid
Batwings / Heather
Snaketail / Tuffnut
Ruffnut / Fishlegs
Arachne / Gustav
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.
He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: Knowing when to come in out of the rain; why the early bird gets the worm; Life isn't always fair; and maybe it was my fault.
Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge). His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6 year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.
Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get Parental consent to administer Calpol, sun lotion or a band-aid to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.
Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.
Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.
Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.
Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.
He is survived by his 3 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing. (This is so sad because it’s true.)
This is a true story. A girl died in 1933. A man buried her in the ground when she was still alive. The murderer chanted,"Toma sota balcu" as he buried her. Now that you have read the chant, you will meet this little girl. In the middle of the night she will be on your ceiling. She will suffocate you like she was suffocated. If you post this in your profile, she will not bother you. Your kindness will be rewarded.
Thank you for stopping by to take the time to read all of this. Enjoy my fanfics, everyone!
- Cottonmouth25 (Cm25)