Poll: Who should die in Ash Nazg of Sauron, Huidhenel of Middle Earth? Vote Now!
Author has written 12 stories for Merlin, Harry Potter, Septimus Heap, Lord of the Rings, Rise of the Guardians, and Frozen.
Name: A Diamond in the Rough
Star sign: gemini
Languages: English, French, some Hindi and Marathi, Creole
Pets: a chihuahua puppy called soleil!
Clothes: summer dresses
Facts about me: i have green eyes like harry
If you could have anything right now… appleses
If you could change anything about your appearance… I'd have Legolas's hair
Lucky number: 21
Half empty or half full? THEY'RE THE SAME FREAKIN' THING!!!!!!!!! But for the record, half full...
What kind of toothpaste do you use? Why do you wanna know?
Do you eat the apple peel? Err... Yes
Turkey or chicken? Chicken
Morning person or evening person? morning.
Gummy worms? They are okay
If you could be doing anything right now… at home, sleeping.
Siblings? older brother called Martin, younger sister Danielle
Guys in pink shirts… ew.
They're coming for you… If they means my husband, I don't mind.
When it rains... i eat
One word to describe yourself: Weird
Et tu, Brute? You too what? That can't be a question by itself...
What does your Pen Name mean? A beautiful girl who has rare magical powers...no, no, I'm really quite ordinary.
Where did the Sorting Hat put you? Ravenclaw.
If you had one super-power, what would it be? The ability to teleport to middle earth
Do you have a special talent? I can bend many of my joints backward.
What age group are you most comfortable around? My own.
Do you like cheese? Yes
Who is your favorite Disney character? Mulan
Ever throw a shoe at someone? Yes
Current mood? Hungry
TV Show: gossip girl
Book: the yearling
Food: I like cake.
The first character you fell in love with: Gandalf
The character you never expected to love: Smeagol
The character you don't like, but everyone else does: Boromir.
The character you're most like: I'm like Arwen in the matter that I am faithful in love. I'm like Legolas because I'm just that awesome XD
The character you'd slap: Saruman, and Denethor.
Three favorite characters:Sam, Frodo, and Legolas
Favorite non-canon pairing: Legolas/Huidhenel and Haldir/Randiriel
I intend on putting up a YouTube channel soon!
Question from some reviewers: Why don't you like Twilight and the Hunger Games?
As for Twillight, I'm not very good with the whole romance/vampire things. I dislike soppy romance without very strong women in it. Actually, I hate soppy romance like Twilight. I just write regular romance. As for the physical aspect...I'm not too fond of that either.
The Hunger Games: The reason I hate the books is because, well, at 23 you find yourself too old for them. Another reason is that when it's the heroine doing all the violence, instead of the villains, it becomes a tiny bit more acceptable, especially for children. I am NEVER letting my babies read them when they are older.
So, hello, hello! You're on my page. I dunno whether I should be glad abt that or not! lol So, I'm Lilian Hazel Dearborn, called Poppydilla by my brother, sis-in-law, and little sis, I'm 23 years old and married to Victor Johns. Sometimes I pretend that his last name is Earnshaw because it sounds way better than his real one. No offense Vic. Now you know why I didn't take your name! So, I was born in Haiti and lived there for nine years, then spent three years in India with my grandparents (my maternal grandmother is Indian, so I am a quarter Marathi) and my granddad is English. I think he was born shortly before India gained independence. So, on my dad's side...I'm Australian/Irish. I have two siblings, Martin and Danielle. My older bro Martin is 28, my sis Danielle is 18. Martin's married and has a 7 or 8 month old daughter called Marianne (his wife is called Anne) and Danielle...is...um...not married? After leaving India I spent 7 months in Maine in the US, and since then I've lived in Regina, Saskatchewan. Canada, btw. I speak French, Creole, Marathi, a little Hindi, English, obviously, a smattering of German and a bit of Hawaiian!
Me and my husband are expecting twins in July 2014. We don't know their gender yet but both of us are hoping for girls!
I love pineapple cake, Harry Potter, and life in generally. And I've survived a near-death E Coli infection...
Random stuff about me:
I have never worn nail polish...well, once, but because I have only 9 fingernails it was really awkward. I never did again.
I once borrowed my mum's lipstick to use for fake blood when me and my brother were playing 'battle of the bears.'
I adore Merlin.
FAV HP PAIRINGS
Cannot tell you how much I have seen this line...
"Dad? Um, this is my new boyfriend Scorpius Malfoy..."
Were meant to be.
Still think it was meant to be.
1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT? On my arm, tore it open on barbed wire in the grass as a kid
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM? Light green paint, photos, and an antique portrait of Ganesha
3. DO YOU SNORE, GRIND YOUR TEETH, OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP? I blab in French in my sleep.
4. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO? LOTR/HP Movie soundtracks
5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN? 12:00 AM
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW? Some pineapple upside down cake, but I'm too lazy to get myself to the kitchen and make it.
8. WHAT IS YOUR PRECIOUS? My parents, siblings, books, and my husband Victor >.
9. HOW TALL ARE YOU? Five foot nine
10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC? Nah
11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK? No
12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY? Um...my big brother, I was 16 and he accidentally knocked me down the stairs.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PERFUME FOR A GIRL? Don't use it
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX? Black, cause my husband's hair is black.
15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED TO? Maybe Vic could have tried a secluded wood instead of my garage.
16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK? Coffee
17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING? Pineapple!!
18. IF YOU CAN EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Pineapple upside down cake
21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED? A promise ring from my first fiance, Darian, who passed away in a car accident three years ago...
22. DO YOU LIKE ANYBODY? Yes, my husband
23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED? In my thumbs, wrists, and elbows.
24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND? Don't have one.
26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW? Yes, Victor's chihuahua puppy Soleil.
28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING? No...
29. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU? Make them pie.
30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED: 91
31. BLONDS OR BRUNETTES? I am a redhead people!
32. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL MOST OFTEN? My brother's
33. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST? Twilight
34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA? Yes.
35. YOUR WEAKNESSES? Cake
36. MET ANYONE FAMOUS? No
37. FIRST JOB? engineer
38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL? yes
41.WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE FILLING THIS OUT? Playing Mancala with Vic
40. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY? Appendectomy when I was 19
42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST? clear green eyes
43. HAVE YOU EVER HAD BRACES? no
44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY? Umm...no idea.
45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT? Maybe 3 or 4 but not just yet.
46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My great aunt
47. DO YOU WISH ON STARS? I do.
49. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE? my husband's :)
50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes,
51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Ham!
52. ANY BAD HABITS? Swearing at people in other languages when I am anoyed.
53 WHAT CD ARE YOU MOST EMBARRASSED TO HAVE ON YOUR SHELF? none
54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? i think so.
56. DO LOOKS MATTER? no
57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER? dancing
58. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME? Any swimming pool.
60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? My teddy
61. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE? umm...52?
62. WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A KID? didn't watch it then...
63. DO YOU USE SARCASM? only at work...
64. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE? potatoes
65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL? don't go on looks
66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES? none
67. WHATS YOUR FAVORITE BAND/SINGER? none
68. WHATS YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW? Merlin!
69. WHAT WAS YOUR ACT/SAT SCORE? dont remember, it was around 2300 something
70. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? cookies and creme
71. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES? I'm missing the top joint of my right little finger
72. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WORKED OUT? I swim everyday so...
73. DID YOU NOTICE THAT THERE WAS NO #64? There is a 64!
74. WHATS THE FASTEST YOU HAVE GONE IN A CAR? 95 mph
75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS? YES!
76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? My husband singing while making dinner
77. LAST THING YOU DRANK? Milkshake
78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My dad
79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE OPPOSITE/SAME SEX? Intelligence and kindness.
80. FAVORITE THOUGHT PROVOKING SONG? Concerning hobbits
81. FAVORITE THING TO HATE? Twilight
82. FAVORITE MONTH OF THE YEAR? June
83. FAVORITE ZODIAC SIGN? Cancer
85. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOUR? RED people
86. EYE COLOUR? Green
89. FAVORITE FAST FOOD RESTAURANT? ...
90. YOU LIKE SUSHI? yeah...the canadianized version anyway...
91. LAST THING YOU WATCHED? The news
92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR? my birthday
93. PLAY ANY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS? Violin and tabla
94. REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT? Neither.
95. KISSES OR HUGS? Hugs
96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS? Marriage.
97. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT? A pack of bandaids
98. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU HAVE? Not answering
99. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? I'm currently reading a bunch of Java books. And C books. If I had my way I'd be reading something else XD
100. DESCRIBE YOUR LOVE LIFE: I am married to Victor Johns, the light of my life. Marrying him is the one thing I did that I'll never regret, ever. Life can be hard with jobs, but it's the little things that matter, like the way he always has hot tea waiting for me when I get home (I get back 30 mins later) or the way I embroidered all his handkerchiefs. Yeah laugh at me, i don't care. It's the way we dance together in the sprinklers when it's hot outside. It's the way he brushes back my hair when I'm sleeping. It's the way that when I open my email at work (bored out of my mind) he's sent me a funny video to get me going again.
List your twelve favourite characters in no particular order.
Have you ever read a six/eleven fanfic before? Sam/Arwen. No. But who knows? might work.
Do you think four is hot? How hot? Eowyn? She is way prettier than I am!
What would happen if three got four pregnant? Well, that could work. Legolas\Eowyn...hmmm..
Do you recall any fics about nine? Never read les mis fanfic.
Would two and eleven make a good couple? Hermione and Arwen? As friends, sure, but not romantically.
Five/eight or five/ten? Gandalf/Luna or Gandalf/Draco... Gandalf/Luna
What would happen if one walked in on five and six kissing? What would happen if harry walked in on arya and Sam kissing
Make up a summary of a three/ten fic. LOL Legolas keeps seeing Draco and thinks he's looking in a mirror and vice versa LOL
Is there such thing as one/eight fluff? HarryLuna? Totally, why not?
Suggest a title for a seven/twelve hurt/comfort fic. Arya celebrian hurt/comfort... The Course of True Love Never Did Run Smooth
If you wrote a one/six/twelve fic, what would the warning be? harry/sam/celebrian? Warning: dont read if u dont like potatoes
What would be a good pick-up line for one to use on two?
Harry: The moment I saw you, I knew.
Hermione: RON! Get me a love potion antidote!! LOLL
When was the last time you read a five fanfic? yesterday
One and seven are in a happy relationship until seven runs off with four. One, brokenhearted, has a hot one-night stand with eleven, and a brief, unhappy affair with twelve, then follows the wise advice of five and finds true love with three.
Harry and Arya are in a happy relationship until Arya runs off with Eowyn. Harry,broken hearted, has a hot one-night stand with Arwen ,and a brief, unhappy affair with Celebrian, then follows the wise advice of Gandalf and finds true love with Legolas...THAT ACTUALLY COULD WORK! Plot bunny...go away...go away!
How would you feel if seven/eight was canon? Arya/Luna? It's not very disturbing, but I'd rather not.
Age: Somewhere between 0-100. Give or take a few years.
Country: Used to live in Haiti, so I speak Creole and French, and English of course. My mother is half British. Lived in India with my grandparents for a few years, but I'm not Indian. XD I speak some Hindi too but I suck at it. My grandmother cannot STAND hearing me mispronounce (one reason I begged my parents to take me back to Haiti, lol) I did live in the U. S. but only for six months. My dad had a lot of job transfers so we moved around a lot as kids.
Time I Have been Living in What Country: Haiti, born, stayed until I was nine. I lived in India until I was twelve, and then lived in Maine...I think it was Maine...until a little while after I turned thirteen. Then I moved to Regina in Saskatchewan, where I still live. I don't remember my time in Haiti too well, only the last two or three years I spent there, but I still speak perfect Creole and French even though I never use them anymore.
Likes: Books, books, books, books, and yet more books. Oh, and I forgot. Books.
Hobbies: Writing, playing basketball (well, I'm tall, why shouldn't I use it??) though I don't play professionally. I also used to love baseball...before a bat hit me in the head. Swimming is okay, I guess, though I get cold really easily. I'm also inordinately fond of hanging upside down on bars by my knees, but I haven't done that since my second year of high school :D
The person I love most in this world: Victor Johns, my fiance, who saved my life on one occasion, and whom I love more than anything. We plan to marry in April 2013.
The person whom I love second most: Well, that would have to go to my older brother Martin (who used to go by Gateau when we were little, because he used to be plump) who is SO much smarter than I am but has taken care of me since I was born, because I'm six years younger than he is. He used to call me Poppydilla, but I rebelled so now he's shortened it to just Poppy. He helped me with everything, through the insane teenage years (which were especially awkward because my parents kept thinking I'd go boy-crazy at fifteen or sixteen and were almost annoyed with me when I didn't. My teenage years were insane because everyone was surprised when I was sane...yeah...dunno if that makes sense.) I love my older brother soooo much.
When I was 14 I introduced him to a girl named Anne Phillips, who was 17 then and a senior at our high school, and one of my friends from the basketball team. Well, now it's quite a few years later, I'm in college, and Martin and Anne are married XD XD XD XD and they have a little daughter whom Anne wanted to name after me but I didn't let her, so my little 7-month-old niece is called Marianne Rose and she is ADORABLE. I love Anne and Martin and Marianne so much.
Favorite BOAT (Book of all time) : Harry Potter.
Favorite fanfiction: A Suitor for Morgana.
Appearance: 5'9". Creamy skin, dark green/blue eyes and naturally red hair. Think of Lily Potter (there's a perfect image.) Feet too small for my height. Dang it.
School: so totally not putting that online.
Hopes: that you will enjoy reading my fanfics
Thank you to all of those who read my stories. Currently, I only write for Merlin and Harry Potter and most probably I will continue to write only for Merlin and Harry Potter. If you want any specific stories written, just PM me and I'll try to do it. I think Merlin and Freya ended really sadly in the series, so in "The Gifts of a Dragon" they are married and have a baby daughter called Ania (formally named Anharra later after Kilgarrah's daughter) and in "A Figure in the Shadows" it's five years later, they have two more children, Gwen and Arthur are married and have 2 children (Arthur is the king now) and Lancelot's comes back, Morgana falls in love and gets married, and Morgause is attacking for the first time and she and Morgana are both Uther's daughters, with Morgause being born 3 years before Arthur and 4 before Morgana.
So if you like these two stories (A Figure in the Shadows is in progress and there are 28 chapters so far) please please please REVIEW! I used to wonder why writers wanted reviews but now I'm published I really understand why. If you review I will be very happy and update faster. :P
Farewell for now
--A Diamond in the Rough
Unsafe External Link