Poll: What do you think of my new forum, Pen to Paper? Vote Now!
Author has written 2 stories for Hunger Games, and Ring, 2002.
This account is no longer in use. If you wish to talk, please go to my new one -> IrisTheWriter. Thank you.
“The writing of a novel is taking life as it already exists, not to report it but to make an object, toward the end that the finished work might contain this life inside it and offer it to the reader. The essence will not be, of course, the same thing as the raw material; it is not even of the same family of things. The novel is something that never was before and will not be again.”
Hello, reader. If you're here, it's probably either because you received a review from me and wanted to thank me/complain to me, you want to apply for Pen to Paper or you read one of my stories and want to check out my profile. Either way, welcome to my corner of FanFiction! Do enjoy yourself here. I always welcome new visitors to my profile. :)
My pseudonym is K.A. Oceana (as you could clearly read), but you can call me Krystal, Krys, Krystal Aria, K.A. or whatever. My real name isn't Krystal, but I'm not going to divulge my real name. The K.A. stands for Krystal Aria - my dream pen name.
My reviewing style is honest. I will tell the good and bad parts of a story, because everyone's here to improve as a writer. If you don't receive any helpful criticism, I fail to see how you're going to improve. However, I try not to be too harsh, and if I review your story when I'm having a bad day and come across as a bully, I apologise in advance.
My main fandom is The Hunger Games and you will see me lurking there a lot. However, I also plan to write an Orphan fan fiction or two. I can give a review to a story in a fandom that I am unfamiliar with (the ones that I listed above aren't the only ones that I know) as long as you don't expect me to critique characterisation/canon things. If you do, then I'm a waste of your time.
I founded Pen to Paper, but I am taking a hiatus from it. My friend Drake Leone Yagami is taking the reins at the moment. However, I am still a proud member of Critics United. If you have a problem with/want to thank me for a review I gave you, you can PM me and/or go here.
Well, that's all! Please don't be scared to PM me if you want me to review your story or chat or whatever. I don't bite! Now we move onto the next lovely section of my profile.
What to Keep In Mind When PM-ing Me
1. Remember that I am sincerely trying to help you by reviewing your story - whether that's to help you improve as a writer or to help you with your story in violation. I wouldn't do this if I didn't care about your dreams, feelings etc.
2. Make an effort with your SPaG (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar). This is more of a pet peeve than anything else, but it's sore on the eyes when I have to read a message in text-speak. I am a frikin gramer nazi so dnt rite lyk dis wen PM-ing me.
3. I don't accept pathetic excuses as arguments. "Everyone else is doing it!" and "Don't like, don't read" are the most annoying ones to deal with. Trust me, I'm going to get very annoyed if you try this out on me.
4. If you're going to call me a bully, don't tell me to kill myself or give me death threats. I believe that they are both examples of bullying.
5. A PM rather than a review isn't going to work, so don't tell me so. While I can understand that it's embarrassing to have everyone know that your story is in violation (it happened to me before), if I PM you, you can just block me or pretend that I never warned you. If it's private, I have no proof that I warned you.
6. I am a constructive critic, and no amount of pleading/arguing/threatening is going to change that. Don't PM me asking "Why are you so mean?" I told you that there was something wrong with your story because, again, I care about your future as a writer.
7. If you're going to PM me and block me, I won't even be able to read the message. If the message is too long, I can't read my email alerts either, so you are wasting your time.
SYOT: The 34th Hunger Games: This has been put on indefinite hiatus. I'm sorry to everyone who submitted a tribute.
emeraldphan - She has written many excellent The Phantom of the Opera and Love Never Dies fan fictions - some of the best stories that I've ever come across here. They are beautifully written and I would advise any POTO/LND fans to check them out.
F.A. D'Laurentis - An excellent psychological author, F.A.'s phenomenal story really introduced me to Orphan. Leena's Escape is his only project, but it is amazing. It really takes you into the twisted mind of Leena Klammer, the antagonist of the movie. This changed my opinion of her altogether. It's hit fifty chapters and he's been at it for three years. Here's to more chapters.
NoComparison - Like F.A., she has a brilliant psychological horror story. It is called Devil With the Angel's Eyes and it's a story for The Kite Runner. It's one of the few OC-centric stories that really works. She is a truly excellent author, please check out her story.
|Focus:||General: All Categories|