Poll: What do you think of my new forum, Pen to Paper? Vote Now!
Author has written 2 stories for Hunger Games, and Ring, 2002.
“The writing of a novel is taking life as it already exists, not to report it but to make an object, toward the end that the finished work might contain this life inside it and offer it to the reader. The essence will not be, of course, the same thing as the raw material; it is not even of the same family of things. The novel is something that never was before and will not be again.”
Hello, reader. If you're here, it's probably either because you received a review from me and wanted to thank me/complain to me, you want to apply for Pen to Paper or you read one of my stories and want to check out my profile. Either way, welcome to my corner of FanFiction! Do enjoy yourself here. I always welcome new visitors to my profile. :)
My pseudonym is K.A. Oceana (as you could clearly read), but you can call me Krystal, Krys, Krystal Aria, K.A. or whatever. My real name isn't Krystal, but I'm not going to divulge my real name. The K.A. stands for Krystal Aria - my dream pen name.
I love writing both original fiction and fan fiction. You can find me on FictionPress under the same name, Wattpad under the name KAOceana (they don't allow spaces/periods in usernames there) and on deviantART under the name CreativeAngel100. Those are the only places you should find any of my stories here. If you find them anywhere else (or here under another pseudonym), please notify me about it. It's called plagiarism and no one's that fond of it.
My reviewing style is honest. I will tell the good and bad parts of a story, because everyone's here to improve as a writer. If you don't receive any helpful criticism, I fail to see how you're going to improve. However, I try not to be too harsh, and if I review your story when I'm having a bad day and come across as a bully, I apologise in advance.
My main fandom is The Hunger Games and you will see me lurking there a lot. However, I also plan to write an Orphan fan fiction or two. I can give a review to a story in a fandom that I am unfamiliar with (the ones that I listed above aren't the only ones that I know) as long as you don't expect me to critique characterisation/canon things. If you do, then I'm a waste of your time.
I am the proud founder of Pen to Paper. If you have a problem with/want to thank me for a review I gave you, you can either PM me or go to the appropriate thread there. I am also a member of Critics United.
Well, that's all! Please don't be scared to PM me if you want me to review your story or chat or whatever. I don't bite! Now we move onto the next lovely section of my profile.
What to Keep In Mind When PM-ing Me
1. Remember that I am sincerely trying to help you by reviewing your story - whether that's to help you improve as a writer or to help you with your story in violation. I wouldn't do this if I didn't care about your dreams, feelings etc.
2. Make an effort with your SPaG (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar). This is more of a pet peeve than anything else, but it's sore on the eyes when I have to read a message in text-speak. I am a frikin gramer nazi so dnt rite lyk dis wen PM-ing me.
3. I don't accept pathetic excuses as arguments. "Everyone else is doing it!" and "Don't like, don't read" are the most annoying ones to deal with. Trust me, I'm going to get very annoyed if you try this out on me.
4. If you're going to call me a bully, don't tell me to kill myself or give me death threats. I believe that they are both examples of bullying.
5. A PM rather than a review isn't going to work, so don't tell me so. While I can understand that it's embarrassing to have everyone know that your story is in violation (it happened to me before), if I PM you, you can just block me or pretend that I never warned you. If it's private, I have no proof that I warned you.
6. I am a constructive critic, and no amount of pleading/arguing/threatening is going to change that. Don't PM me asking "Why are you so mean?" I told you that there was something wrong with your story because, again, I care about your future as a writer.
7. If you're going to PM me and block me, I won't even be able to read the message. If the message is too long, I can't read my email alerts either, so you are wasting your time.
SYOT: The 34th Hunger Games: This has been put on indefinite hiatus. I'm sorry to everyone who submitted a tribute.
emeraldphan - She has written many excellent The Phantom of the Opera and Love Never Dies fan fictions - some of the best stories that I've ever come across here. They are beautifully written and I would advise any POTO/LND fans to check them out.
F.A. D'Laurentis - An excellent psychological author, F.A.'s phenomenal story really introduced me to Orphan. Leena's Escape is his only project, but it is amazing. It really takes you into the twisted mind of Leena Klammer, the antagonist of the movie. This changed my opinion of her altogether. It's hit fifty chapters and he's been at it for three years. Here's to more chapters.
NoComparison - Like F.A., she has a brilliant psychological horror story. It is called Devil With the Angel's Eyes and it's a story for The Kite Runner. It's one of the few OC-centric stories that really works. She is a truly excellent author, please check out her story.
My FanFiction Friends
NC - I came across her story in May and left a review. She left a reply, we got chatting, and now she's one of my best friends here! She is really nice and has a great sense of humour. She's also a good editor and has been giving me help with an Orphan fan fiction I'm working on. She is very sensible too. Sometimes, when I'm having a bit of a bad day, I tell her about it and we both end up laughing. Overall, she is a great person.
Snail-chan - We met in summer and she's Irish. She's also really funny and we love talking to each other. She's really nice and I enjoy her company. We both love The Hunger Games. It's kind of funny how much we have in common! Probably why we both get along.
Rj - I haven't spoken to him in ages, but we had so much fun talking to each other that he definitely deserves a place on this list. He submitted five tributes to my first SYOT story, four of which I accepted. We got in touch again recently, and although he disappeared again, I hope we start chatting like old times soon.
Unsafe External Link
|Focus:||General: All Categories|