Author has written 14 stories for Harry Potter, Twilight, NCIS, Frasier, Covert Affairs, Doctor Who, and Chuck.
Hey! Glad you made it over to my profile :D Feel free to look around at the various things I have going on. If you want more of my zanyness, head on over to my tumblr at jonesgirl88 and feel free to poke around there. I have written fics over there so if you're looking for quick one-shots or what not, that's a good place to start.
Update: 05/21/2013 Why do I always not check the date before changing it?? Oh well, it's been about two-ish months since I've updated this. I'm still doing behind-the-scene stuff but I recently uploaded a new story for Covert Affairs. It's already linked below if you want to check it out.
So...I'm trying to get school back on track (long story) so I'll be absent from here for a while. I'm going to be a on long road trip this upcoming summer so I'm hoping to use some of that time to write a little. I do have my own stories I'm working on so I'll be bouncing back and forth between original stories and fics.
This will probably be the last update on my profile for a while, at least until August. Possibly September. Odette and I are still working on a massive story: Moments Before Dawn. It's a superwholockvengers story and if you don't know what that is; Google, now. I don't know when it will be posted but it will be posted here and on a special tumblr we've set up. You'll know when it's posted because the links will appear below.
That's the update for now. I might post a few one-shots before I hit the road but starting early June, you really won't see me around here.
A little about my writing style:
I've never been in a relationship so what I write how I think the characters would act. If it's a little too much or a little too little, let me know and tell me how you think it should go. I always listen to feed back and appreciate it! I am a romantic at heart and I think that tends to come out in my writing, I'm working on it but no promises.
I don't cuss/curse in real life so that won't be in my stories. There will probably be something in my T fics but it will be minimal and nothing offensive, if I'm staying in character and one character swears I can't stop them.
I always try to re-read my stories at least twice and I spell check as I go. Currently, I don't have a beta so it all comes back on me if there's a mistake (which I know some of my earlier works have mistakes) but if you find something, please don't hesitate to review or message me and let me know where I'm wrong. I am looking for a good, reliable beta if anyone is interested in helping.
I picture everything in my mind so I try to write everything I see. I'm no where near 'Lord of the Rings' descriptive but I do try to write out the little stuff.
My Stories: I have currently written 12 stories for 6 different categories. Below are more in depth synopses for my current stories. As per a request from a dear friend, I've linked the titles so if you want to read a story click on the title and it will open in a new window.
Everything is Wrong T (In Progress-on hold)
Blinded K (Complete)
Kiss the Rain K (Complete)
Private Lessons K (Complete)
Cinderella K (Complete) being rewritten but maintaining the same integrity
Perfect K (Complete) being rewritten but maintaining the same integrity
Dudley Goes To Hogwarts T (In progress-on hold)
Somewhere In Time T (In Progress-on hold)
Ultimate Harry Potter T (In Progress-on hold) name change needed
Ladybug Toothbrush and J-Lo Glow K (Complete)
The Meaning of Family T (Complete)
Sex Games T (In progress-on hold)
I have a lot of stories I'm working on at any given time. The original purpose of this section was to give you a glimpse into what I'm working on but now it's become a place to let you know what's in the works after I finish the stories I have uploaded. This list may grow or shrink at any given time without warning because I either lose interest or I figure out the plot isn't as good as I originally thought or a number of other reasons. If you see a story disappear that you were looking forward to or want to write, just PM me and I can send you what I have or just let me know you're going to pick it up. I'm happy to share :D
Chronicles of Narnia
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
A little on reviews and private messages: I love 'em. Reviews and pm's are like music--they make me very happy :) If you take the time to review, I'll write you back. If you take the time to pm me, I'll reply. I like hearing from you all. Just one thing--don't stalk. I had one person find me in real life and for about a year they wouldn't leave me alone. I like you guys, I really do, but that's a little too hinky.
What I Read and Like:
I read stories for several different fandoms but right now I'm pretty focused on Doctor Who. It's my new obsession (but seriously, with David Tennant and Matt Smith, who isn't obsessed?) so it's what I'm reading 99% of the time. If you have a recommendation for me, I'd love to try it out :)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: I tend to go more towards the family-oriented stories where Giles is a father-figure more than a Watcher and definitely Dawn/Buffy sister moments. I can't do Spike/Buffy as a romantic relationship but I love their friendship. For a relationship, it has to be Buffy/Angel but I will read Xander/Cordy or Anya, Willow/Oz or Tara, or no pairings or where the relationship isn't the center theme.
- Chronicles of Narnia: No incest or things like Lucy/Reep and I'm good. Suspian I'm okay with if it's in the movie-verse but other than that, I'm good with no pairings. I really like the family-bonding stories where they're either growing up in Narnia or back in England and making the best of their situation. Introspectives work best in this and I love them here.
- Covert Affairs: The show is amazing so if the story is like the show, I'll read it. I'm an Annie/Auggie shipper but it doesn't necessarily have to be that pairing. As long as they're friends, I'm good. I think this is the fandom in which I'm the most flexible. I'm okay with pretty much anything.
- Doctor Who: I'll read pretty much anything in this fandom because almost anything goes (shipping a 900 year-old alien and a time-and-space machine is canon). I'm a HUGE Doctor/Rose shipper, more specifically Ten/Rose shipper but I've read some good Nine/Rose stories. I won't do Martha, Donna, Jack, Amy, Rory/Doctor romance fics. To me, that's not canon and it makes me cringe a little on the inside. Not saying anything against those pairings, they're not my cup of tea. TenToo/Rose is also good as long as they're kept in character: there are too many stories where he's all angsty and depressed and it doesn't work. River rocks and as long as she's written well, I'll read it.
- Firefly: I honestly haven't read a lot of Firefly fic because it's not that good. I think Joss created such a unique world it's nearly impossible to capture as written word, so I tend to stick with one-shots. If it's a pairing, I'll read Mal/Inara, Simon/Kaylee, and Wash/Zoe but that's it. I BroTP ship the crap out of the entire crew so if there's no pairing, that's fine too. This is one I tend not to read unless it's recommended.
- Harry Potter: I have this..condition in which I'm apparently delusional. Yes, I'm a Harry/Hermione shipper. I pretty much always disregard what happened in the last two books when I write and that's pretty much what I read in stories. I don't mind a story starting out Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione but it has to change. If there's no pairings, I'm good to read it. If you want the full explanation on Harry/Hermione you can message me some time.
- JAG/NCIS: If it doesn't have a pairing, I'll read it: so if it's purely a case fic or a family fic then I'm good. If there is a pairing, I'll pretty much only read Tiva, McAbby, Jibbs, and Shannon/Gibbs for NCIS and Harm/Mac for JAG. If it's a really good story, I'll read Tate or Kate/Gibbs but not normally. With JAG, I'm more flexible because they didn't get together until the last episode so if it isn't Harm/Mac I'm okay but if there are Bud and Harriet, they either need to be married or dating. They end up together early on and they're so cute together: who would want to break them up?
- Once Upon a Time: I'm pretty picky with this because it seems everyone ships something in this fandom. If it doesn't have a ship, I'll read it. If it's like the show, I'll read it. I'm very wary of this fandom and I haven't read a great deal because I'm really picky. If the relationship is canon (like Snow and Charming), then sure I'll read it but Emma and Regina or Red and Archy or Red and Whale...that's speculation and I tend to steer clear of those for now.
- Sue Thomas F.B.Eye: It's really sad no one remembers this lovely show :( If it's case-based, I'll read it; same as NCIS. Unless it's a great story, I stick with Jack/Sue and Bobby/Darcy but I'll venture into Bobby/Tara if it's a good enough story. To get Myles/Lucy, there has to be a reason they're back together. They broke up in the pilot for a reason so if they get back together there has to be a solid back story. Jack and Sue belong together. End of story.
- Twilight: Book pairings only. I love Emmett/Bella banter but they're not together. Period. Alice and Bella are best friends, not lovers. I love the AU stories but it still has to be the book pairings. I'll read AU, AH and even adjective!Character but it still has to be book pairings. It's just the way I am.
If you have a story and you want me to read it or you have a recommendation for a story, send it along if it's within these parameters. I'll always try something once but if I don't like it, I don't like it. I know I read more than this but these are the categories that came to me off the top of my head. I'll add to this as I come up with more.
These are pet peeves that I will try my hardest to avoid and if I see it in a fic, it's a huge turn off and I normally drop the story and don't finish it. If you find this within my stories, please let me know! I'm sure I sound like a snob--maybe I am but I don't think these are any major points you would find inside a real novel.
- Bad summary: The idea of the summary is to give the reader the chance to see what your story is about--not to ramble or post snippets of the story. I can see if the story is based off a quote, putting that quote as the summary but if I don't know what your story is about, why am I going to read it? This is the chance for you, as the writer of the story, to hook me in and get me to click on the link. If your summary is too big for the allowed space, put as much as you can with the words 'complete summary inside'. To me, that means this story is complex enough to require a sizable amount of text to describe the story and I'm okay with that. And if the summary says something along the lines of 'I suck at summaries' then I'm not reading. Period. If you can't explain what your story is about, how can you expect me to read it?
- Poor grammar: If there are an abundance of spelling/grammar errors within the summary or first chapter, I'm going to assume the rest of your story is filled with similar errors. I can't read things with poor grammar because instead of reading the story, I'm editing it in my head. I have an unhealthy obsession with commas and think faster than my fingers can type so I understand having a few mistakes but your/you're, two/to/too, and their/there/they're isn't rocket science and spell check exists for a reason. I understand there are different ways to spell things around the globe but that doesn't excuse poor grammar.
- Stereotypical characters: I know that in NCIS Tony is a playboy and a trickster but he's also a serious agent. Rose Tyler isn't attention-seeking nor is she clingy in Doctor Who; she's independent and has a mind of her own. Sue Thomas is an independent woman but she isn't a super Agent...she isn't even an agent. Hermione Granger is book smart and clever but never has she been jealous when other's outshine her (wait...she has. Book 6. Don't get me started...). These examples (ignore the last one) list three brilliant, 3-dimensional characters that can and are stereotyped because of one personality trait. If it's a farce I don't mind because that's part of the charm of a farce but if it's a serious story then the characters should be written as they are, every facet of their personality.
- Author's notes within a story: The author's note(s) can be placed before or after the chapter, there shouldn't be any message from the author to the reader within the story itself. This ruins the continuity and generally the information could be placed either in the author's note in the beginning or end or it doesn't need to be stated at all. An author's note is the time for the author to communicate with the reader, not in the middle of the story.
- Text speak: Text speak deserves it's own category apart from poor grammar because this includes writing in text speak and when the characters use text speak in an actual conversation. Unless they're mocking someone or being silly, it isn't needed. This also applies to a bad summary; if there is text speak in the summary I'm going to skip the story. I'm not going to start on the use of technology and the downfall of the English language but if you're a serious writer, or trying to become a serious author, don't use text speak at all.
- Mary Sue (and the male equivalent)/Self Insert: For those not in the know a Mary Sue is a character (normally a self insert but doesn't have to be) that outshines everyone with knowledge, beauty, talent, popularity, etc to the point they are annoying and therefore weakens the story. The main character normally falls for the Mary Sue with starry eyes and disregards everyone else. Mary Sue's tend to be self inserts (where the author inserts themselves into the story) but they don't always have to be. Self inserts don't have to be bad, I've read a few that are surprisingly good, but it depends on how they're worked into the story. Generally they're as annoying as Mary Sue's and take away from the story. If you're going to add a character, be creative and create a whole new character.
- Begging for reviews: I can't talk too much about this because I used to do this. Note the words 'used to' because I don't do it anymore. I'll put a note saying reviews are appreciated but if I don't review every chapter, why should I expect others to? I know I'm not that great of a writer so if someone likes the story enough to read but not review, at least they read the story. Be happy about the view count, not the reviews. Holding a story captive is the online version of keep-away.
If I ever make any of these mistakes, feel free to message me and complain because I try hard not to do what I don't like in other stories.