Author has written 47 stories for Yu Yu Hakusho, Yu-Gi-Oh, Tales of Symphonia, Harry Potter, Gundam Seed, Tales of Vesperia, and Tales of Zestiria.
To all my readers and reviewers: Thank you so much for reading my fanfiction. It makes me very happy to know that people enjoy reading them.
As of 6/18/2016: Wow, I have a tendency to vanish from here for years only to come back. For what it's worth, I finished Tales of Zestiria, which I may as well call Tales of Bromancia, or maybe even just Tales of SoreMiku. Needless to say, the sheer amount of SoreMiku peppered throughout the game woke up my plot bunnies from their long, long hibernation, so expect to see lots of spoileriffic post game fics from me! =D
As of 2/21/2013: School continues to be insane, and even though I have a little bit of inspiration to write, I don't have the time to write it. (Ugh homework!) Still, I try to write down little drabbles and story ideas as inspiration strikes. I've also discovered BBC's Sherlock. Go check it out if you can.
As of 10/16/2011: Pharmacy school is officially insane this year, so updates for anything multi-chapter be sparse. You'll continue to see me post 600 words or less drabbles once every two or so weeks, because I really enjoy writing for the YGO Drabble Challenge Community on LJ, and it lets me experiment with pairings or characters I don't typically write for. I still want to write that next chapter for Phoenix for everyone who's waiting (no, I haven't quite given up on it yet, despite my focus shifting over to YGO), but right now, time is at a bit of a premium. Same goes for Brilliant Overtures.
I realize it's been a long 6-ish years since I've written anything, but as you can see, I've decided to rejoin the legions of fanfiction authoresses around the internet! As of right now, anything that's incomplete from 2003 will remain as such, I have no real desire to go back and finish them. I will, however, leave them posted here, for you all to continue to enjoy.
Top 5 Favorite Anime/Videogame Bishounen:
1) Emil Castagnier (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World): Kurama had held the top position until this guy came along. He's got a few personality quirks that reminds me an awful lot of my RL boyfriend (starting from Chapter 3 or so of the game), so he automatically won the top spot. =P Not to mention that little lock of hair that sticks up is really cute, as are his interactions with Marta.
2) Kurama (Yuu Yuu Hakusho): Former top fox of my Favorite Bishounen list. Kurama may have looks, but he's got nothing on Emil.
3) Lion (Leon) Magnus (Tales of Destiny): Hot looks, good with a sword and dagger (in the PS2 remake, anyway) and that voice! Totally swoon worthy. Even if he's more likely to glare and say something mean. We all you don't mean it, Lion!
4) Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia): Awesome attitude, totally cool sword draw animation when he's pissed, and did I mention his True Knight costume? Yuri high ponytail = drools
5) Quatre Raberba Winner (Gundam Wing): Very cute, very nice, looks totally hot in his black pilot suit. Definitely the nice friendly guy of the group. Not that it keeps him from kicking thirty kinds of ass. See, he's nice, hot, and badass, all at the same time. So, where do we find a guy like that?
Honorable mentions: Mutou Yuugi (YGO), Yami Yuugi/Atem (YGO), Kira Yamato (Gundam SEED), Athrun Zala (Gundam SEED), Syaoran Li (TRC)
Favorite Seiyuu (Japanese Voice Actors):
1) Megumi Ogata: Why? Because she made Kurama sound so damn sexy. And she can sing. Not to mention she does a really good job of differentiating between Yuugi and Yami in Season 0 of YGO. Go youtube a clip or something. You'll swear it was two different voice actors doing the voices. Except it's not.
2) Midorikawa Hikaru: Because without him, the insultingly badass bishounen would not be the same in my mind. Cases in point: Lion Magnus/Judas (Tales of Destiny), Heero Yuy (Gundam Wing), and Mikagami Tokiya (Flame of Recca). I'm aware he's also done other characters, like Zelgadis and Tamahome, but I really really really liked him as Lion Magnus in Tales of Destiny.
3) Takehito Koyasu: Because he makes being a badass and knowing it sound so damn hot. Seriously. Cases in point: Jade Curtiss (Tales of the Abyss), Mwu la Flaga, Lezard Valeth (Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth and Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria).
4) Nobuyuki Hiyama: The fact that he voices Hiei helps, but I really like him for his distinctive shouts and yells. Not that Hiei doesn't yell a lot, he just doesn't have a lot of lines. Cases in point: Guy (or Gai) Shishio from GaoGaiGar, and Veigue Lungberg from Tales of Rebirth.
5) Tomokazu Seki: Because Sagara Sousuke, Shinichi Chiaki (Nodame Cantabile), Yzak Joule, and Stan Aileron (Tales of Destiny) would not be the same without him.
6) Yukana: Because Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss), Teletha "Tessa" Testarossa, and Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation Saga: Endless Frontier) would not be the same without her.
Favorite Music Artists:
1) KOKIA: She's one of those singers with an amazingly flexible voice. When she sings in the upper registers of voice, it's crystal clear and yet still very strong. Many of her songs are very cheerful, and I've been finding her to be of particular help given my recent difficulties. In addition, she uses a large variety of instruments in her recordings, and often uses live instrumentation, which I find I prefer. Recommended songs: "Power of Smile", "Tatta Hitotsu no Omoi", "tomoni", "Ave Maria", "il mare dei suoni"
2) Megumi Ogata: Pretty much goes without saying, given that she voices my favorite anime character of all time: Kurama. She's also done a few others, like Sailor Uranus/Tenou Haruka, Shinji Ikari, Yue/Tsukishiro Yukito, Princess Emeraude (yes, both forms), and Mutou Yuugi (from the first YGO series, and she did both characters and sounded damned hot as Yami Yuugi). I love it when she sings in what I call her "Kurama voice", and she uses it fairly often. Many times, I just find it to be really sexy (even though I am a girl!) and I can't help but be inspired to write various songfics or come up with new scenes for stories just from listening to her voice. Recommended songs: "Angel Demon", "Sayonara wa Mirai no Hajimari", (these next few are covers of tracks done by other artists) "Ao no Requiem", "Agape", "Omoide ga Ippai"
3) FictionJunction Yuuka/See Saw: I consider them to be pretty much the same artist, even though they have different vocalists, as Kajiura Yuki (she's also composed the music for Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, .hack sign, and a few pieces in both Gundam SEED series among many others) is the composer for both groups. All in all, she has a very distinctive composition style that I really enjoy. Recommended songs: "Akatsuki no Kuruma", "Honoo no Tobira", "Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru", anything off of See-Saw's "Dream Field" album.
4) Maaya Sakamoto: Another seiyuu with a singing career, Maaya is perhaps best known as Lunamaria Hawke from Gundam SEED Destiny and Hitomi Kanzaki from Escaflowne. Since she used to work with Yoko Kanno on her albums, much of her older work is unique compared to most of the other J-Pop floating out there. While her vocal range isn't as big as KOKIA's, there's still this wonderful purity to her voice when she sings. Coincidentally, she's also done quite a few anime opening/closing themes. Recommended songs: "Platina" (CardCaptor Sakura), "Yubiwa" (Escaflowne movie), "Hemisphere" (RahXephon), and a few of her non-anime related works: "Hikari are", "birds"
5) TWO-MIX: This was the first J-Pop band I ever heard, back when I fell in love with the bishounen of Gundam Wing. They're stylistically the most different from the others here, as they use mostly synthesizers for their backing instrumental tracks. But nonetheless, when I need something synthy and upbeat to listen to for a fight scene, they're one of the first ones I go to. Recommended songs: "Just Communication Type II", "White Reflection", "Rhythm Generation", "Endless Love", "Last Impression"
Favorite Composers (Yeah, I've played enough videogames/watched enough anime to have favorite composers XD):
1) Motoi Sakuraba: Hands down my favorite composer. He uses synth, full orchestra, the works. He's perhaps best known as the composer for the "Tales of ..." series of video games, along with Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile. If you want to hear a sample of his work, just look up the OSTs to any of the games I mentioned earlier.
2) Toshihiko Sahashi: I hadn't fully appreciated his talents until I played Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Renpou vs. Z.A.F.T. for the PS2, where they reused some of the best tracks from the anime OST. Since then, I've found I really like his orchestral compositions. My favorites of his work include Symphony SEED and Symphony SEED Destiny, and Full Metal Panic! OSTs (all 3 seasons).
3) Kajiura Yuki: She's perhaps the first composer I really started being able to distinguish stylistically. I had really liked what I had heard from .hack sign, and I loved the music from what little of Noir I had seen. Since then, I've also enjoyed the OSTs to Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, in addition to her contributions to the Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny soundtrack. As mentioned earlier, she also composes for recording artists. One of my favorites of hers currently is "Shinkai no Kodoku", Stellar Loussier's image song from SEED Destiny.
Preferred Shounen-ai pairings:
1) Kurama x Hiei or Hiei x Kurama: I've bounced around a lot when it comes to the shounen-ai pairings, but I always come back to these two. And really, if they ever were to get into a relationship, I can totally see the switching off for who's on top. Oh, and some of the fanart I've seen for these two are absolutely gorgeous. At this point, I think I consider these two my OTP. It really is a pity they're not canon!
1) Emil Castagnier x Marta Lualdi: They're my OTP for life. But then, as a friend puts it, I have "self-identity issues with the pairing". Of the variety where my fiance and I line up as Emil and Marta (respectively) a bit too well, down to Marta's crush-at-first-meeting, idolizing, and Not Talking when I get mad at him. To say my friend facepalmed, said "I've seen this love story before", and totally felt for Tenebie would be putting it mildly.
Current Stories in Progress:
Meikai Monogatari - Book 2 of the Foxfire storyline
The Day She Found Out
Kitsunebi - Book 1
As for my one-shot penta-drabble, "Her Happiness": For the purposes of all of my new fanfiction (anything written from 2009 and on, including crossovers) for YYH, I will consider this fic canon to all of my fanfic universes. Why? Because it's more fun to write Kurama with some limitations. And really, while happy accepting Shiori is fine (the first fic of the Secrets Trilogy does feature that incarnation of Shiori), I have gotten a bit tired of reading it. Expect this to come into play with Meikai Monogatari.
I have a tendency to include songs with my fanfics. For the most part, if you would like to listen to the songs in question, they should be available from youtube. Here is a list of the songs I have used and the artists for each of those songs:
Choices: "key of the twilight" Composed by Kajiura Yuki, Vocals by Emily Bindiger
Anime Series in Progress: Yu-Gi-Oh GX (in Japanese), Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal (in Japanese)
DS: Radiant Historia