Poll: Do you enjoy seeing your favorite characters get tortured? Vote Now!
Author has written 7 stories for NERDS, Michael Buckley.
Call me Misha.
1) Have you ever read a six/eleven fanfic before?
(Heathcliff/Kylie) No, there aren’t any. I do think it’d be rather interesting, though...
2) Do you think four is hot? How hot?
(Julio) Kinda? I mean, he looks like he’ll be pretty hot when he grows up, but right now, not so much.
3) What would happen if twelve and eight started going out?
(Hyena/Kevin) Jackson and Duncan would automatically suspect something was going on. In fact I think something would be going on -- Hyena is trying to mess with Jackson, and Kevin is trying to get closer to the nerds. Sounds like something they’d do.
4) Do you recall any fics about nine?
(Ms. Holiday) Apart from “I’d Tell You I Love You” (which was pretty badly written, BTW. Just sayin’), nope. There aren’t any.
5) Would two and five make a good couple?
(Duncan/Ruby). No. Maybe. I guess there could be some kind of “nice guys finish first” story happening, but there’s really no chemistry between them. (Their kid would be one heck of an ice queen, though.)
6) Five/Nine or five/ten?
(Ruby/Holiday or Ruby/Benjamin) I’m going to pretend this isn’t about a romantic relationship and say Ruby/Miss Information enemyship will probably be the most epic thing in the NERDS universe.
7) What would happen if seven walked in on two and eight kissing?
(Brand, Hyena/Duncan) Brand would back away quickly and as quietly as possible; the Hyena would threaten him into not telling Jackson or Matilda, and Duncan would say something like “This is not what it looks like!”
8) Make up a summary of a three/ten fanfic.
(Matilda/Benjamin). “Benjamin is a fully sentient artificial intelligence. The scientists who built him have given him everything they could think of: the ability to see, to speak, to learn. But all of that is useless when he’s given a new program: the ability to love.”
9) Is there any such thing as one/eight fluff?
(Jackson/Hyena) Oh, definitely. Definitely. It’s a canon pairing, after all. My personal favorites are Ezra Marcel’s “Paper Airplane” and Princess Adeline’s “The (sort of) Lie Detector Test”.
10) Suggest a title for a seven/twelve hurt/comfort fic?
(Brand, Kevin) “James Bond Never Dealt With This.” After going AWOL, Agent Brand comes across a young con-artist-in-training, Kevin Houser, who is very, VERY good at reading people.
11) Does anyone on your friends list read three yet?
(Matilda) Not sure what a friends list is, but yeah, my fandom friends read about Matilda. I think. At least one of them does. Did. Most of them like Ruby or the Hyena better, though...
12) Does anyone on your friends list draw or write eleven?
(Kylie). Nope! Nobody draws or writes eleven, now that I think about it.
13) Would anyone on your friends list write two/four/five?
(Duncan/Julio/Ruby) I could see it happening. Definitely not romantic, but I could see it.
14) What might ten scream at a great moment of passion?
(Benjamin). Again, keeping this PG: “Innocent people will die because of you!” Then again, he’s a computer program, so I don’t know if his voice even can scream, let alone be passionate.
15) If you wrote a songfic about eight, what song would you use?
(Hyena) “Blue Moon”, and if I’m allowed to, “I Told You I Love You, Now Get Out”. These two songs are used in the same episode of Moonlighting, a TV series I can easily imagine her watching with her dad, and I think they fit the two sides she -- has? pretended to have? I don’t know -- the innocent girl and the cold-blooded femme fatale really well.
16) If you wrote a one/six/twelve fic, what would the warning be?
(Jackson/Heathcliff/Kevin) Trigger warning for bullying.
17) What would be a good pick up line for ten to use on two?
(Benjamin/Duncan) Uh... “Perhaps you would enjoy conversing with me on the topic of possible new upgrades?”
18) 1 and 8 are in a happy relationship until 5 runs off with 9. After 8 dumps 1 for 2, 6 gets upset and retaliates by dating 12. Alone and broken-hearted, 1 travels in search of a friend. Finally, 1 meets 4 and 7. The three loners meet 10, who tells each of them to look for love. 4 finds 3, 7 gets 11, but now 1 is stuck in a never-ending love triangle with 6 and 12!
Jackson and the Hyena are in a happy relationship until Ruby runs off with Ms. Holiday. After the Hyena dumps Jackson for Duncan, Heathcliff gets upset and retaliates by dating Kevin. Alone and broken-hearted, Jackson travels in search of a friend. Finally, Jackson meets Julio and Agent Brand. The three loners meet Benjamin, who tells each of them to look for love. Julio finds Matilda, Brand gets Kylie, but now Jackson is stuck in a never-ending love triangle with Heathcliff and Kevin!
...oh dear. Well at least Flintilda happens.
19) What would be a good title for this?
“This Can't End Well.”
20) What would the genre(s) be?
Crackfic, alternate universe, everyone’s-16-years-old
21) The end! By the way, I set you up on a date with two!
(Duncan) A... date? I love Duncan, but it’ll be the most awkward date imaginable. Better to not show up and trick Matilda into coming instead.
Ezra Marcel (6)