Author has written 4 stories for Harry Potter.
I'm supposed to be writing right now, but I thought I'd give this a little makeover instead!
Country: Northern Ireland
Major fandoms: Supernatural and Harry Potter are my two big ones, followed by (in no particular order) Moonlight, House, Criminal Minds, Pirates of the Caribbean, Stargate SG-1 and the Boondock Saints.
Likes: My Friends- I wouldn't be where I am today without them, no doubt about it. I also love: Languages (esp. French), Art, My family, 7up Free Xtra Bite (but I can never find it anymore), Pepsi Max, THE FACT I NOW FINALLY HAVE A JOB, Rollercoasters, kittens, hamsters, pandas, koalas and bears in general, Pizza, Cheesy chips, bed, the internet, movies, Rock Music, Bon Jovi, Death Cab for Cutie, Tom McRae, and the occasional totally random song.
Dislikes: Bullies, Terrorists, Sectarianism, Dogs (MOST of them. I admit there's a certain few I don't hate.), Fish, spiders, snakes, slugs, snails, anything slimy, Peas, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, my school's chicken-fried rice, homework, maths, revising for exams, people who try to be funny and fail miserably, and Dodgems.
More about me:
I'm a dreamer.
I have brown, curly hair that drives me mad, and my eyes are some sort of cross between brown and green, though I think they're more greeny. I'm a bit overweight and my style is 'casual and relaxed'. I hardly wear anything (outside of my school uniform) except jeans, a t-shirt, and a jacket if it's cold.
I tend to get just a little obsessive over my fandoms.
My friends and family are easily the best things in my life, even though at times (read: pretty much all the time) most of them are kind of psychotic.
Current fic: Harry Potter and the Caribbean Crusade. A Harry Potter/Pirates of the Caribbean crossover. Set during Philosopher's stone and after At World's end. Will contain spoilers for AWE, so if you haven't seen it, be warned! (Actually, If you haven't seen it, go see it, it's great!).
Other fics: Harry Potter and the Fowl Heir. A Harry Potter/Artemis Fowl crossover. Completed.
Harry Potter and the Very Exciting day. A Harry Potter one-shot parody.
Inside the mind of a Dark Lord. A few hours in Voldemort's POV. Humour, or, at least, my attempt at it. Also a one-shot.
I've always got some plotbunnies going wild in my head, so more one-shots will quite randomly sprout.
My favourite ships:
Harry/Remus/Sirius and all variations of that theme
Jack Sparrow/Will Turner
Gen is always good too.
Things that bug me in fanfics: Where to start? Alright, I'm not really that fussy, but I do have some.
1)Bad Grammar. This is a biggie. I'm no grammar nazi, and I know I probably make mistakes myself. But if I see "breathe" misspelled as "breath" one more time... I shall not be held responsible for my actions. The verb is "to breathe!". A "breath" is a noun, that is, a THING. Not a verb.
2) Really, REALLY, bad writing. I'm not talking bad grammar or spelling here (although that's almost always included in this). I can't give examples without risking the author reading this and getting insulted, but believe me, some are AMAZINGLY bad. I'm talking the most unrealistic scenarios possible, with amazingly OOC characters. That type of thing.
3) In fics where Harry reads his parents will, and they specify guardians for him, have you ever noticed that 99 times out of 100, there's something along the lines of, "Whatever you do, Harry is absolutely never ever to be left with Lily's sister and her husband, Petunia and Vernon Dursley, as they are total magic-hating gits and will undoubtedly treat poor Harry horribly"? It's fine to have Sirius Black and Remus Lupin named as preferred legal guardians, but COME ON! It shouldn't even have entered the Potter's heads that Harry should ever be left with them -they're muggles!
4) If Harry gets a letter from his long-dead parents, ever notice how he ALWAYS starts crying after it? It's alright to have a tear or two in his eye, but "Harry finished the letter and started sobbing uncontrollably" is SO pushing it. He's a guy. Maybe if his parents had written something that could even be considered somewhat sad, but
That letter wouldn't make we weep for my dead parents. I'd probably faint. Laugh hysterically out of shock. Weep, no.
5) Ever notice, in letters such as the one above, if Wormtail's mentioned, it's also always mentioned that baby Harry always hates him? Seriously, is Harry a seer? If he isn't, he shouldn't dislike Peter for no reason. If he is, why doesn't Harry do better at divination?
6) There is not nearly enough Harry/Remus/Sirius threesome slash around. Yes, I know it was never the most likely pairing(? Ship? Threesome?) to ever exist, but I love it to bits. Along with Harry/Sirius and Harry/Remus. There really isn't enough of them around. I'd try and write one, but I haven't attempted anything even remotely resembling romance so far, and I'm afraid I'll screw my OT3 up so badly I'll be put off it for life!
7) Fred and George being referred to as Gred and Forge. Ugh! Shivers run down my spine just TYPING that! Listen people, in the ENTIRE series of books, they have been called that ONCE. By each other. As a JOKE. Please, PLEASE don't do it- it bugs the living daylights out of me!
8)And in Supernatural, Anything involving Bela or Ruby. I just can't stand them.
Things I do like in fanfics:
1) Gen is good, but I'll read practically any pairing if it's well done.
2) I like fics where Harry disappears from the Wizarding World. He could go back in time, change his identity, move to a different country or live as a muggle, it's all good. (but if he goes back in time, I prefer him to go alone I'm not a huge Ron or Hermione fan). I like to see the reactions of the Wizarding World without Harry.
3) Crossovers. I'm a crossover addict. Really. My two main fics so far have both been crossovers. I'll read HP/SPN, HP/SG1 and HP/POTC mostly. I'm still writing Harry Potter and the Caribbean crusade, and I don't watch Stargate SG-1 enough to know it well enough to write a crossover about it. (My first experience with that show was in the fic, 'Crumpets aren't my style'. It's really really good. I loved it, even though I didn't understand half of what they were talking about. And from then on I started reading more crossovers, and I've began watching the show when I can catch it. And that ain't often!
4) Sam/Dean. My current favourite pairing of all time.
5) Harry/Remus/Sirius. 'Nuff said.
6) And pairings instead of threesomes, Harry/Remus and Harry/Sirius. Bet you didn't see that coming!
7)If I must choose het, Harry/Luna is my fav pairing. Luna rocks!
8) Fics where Harry grows up in a life different to his canon one, and preferably, stays there. I like seeing what Harry would be like if he was put in this situation, or that era, or lives with somebody totally different.
9) When Dean and Sam show that they'll do anything for each other, even sell their soul.
There's quite a lot more, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.
Other Random Stuff you should know...:
1-05-2008- So, yeah, hi!
Yeah, I know I haven't been here in FOREVER. Real Life hates me. My brain plots with it, and comes up with all these plot bunnies I can't write.
I'll get HPCC up ASAP, but sorry guys, I can't promise when, but I doubt it'll be soon.
I'm kinda-sorta working on a few oneshots too, so I'm hoping to get them up sometime.
Other totally random things:
PLEASE READ WHAT'S UNDER THIS!! It's actually important.
I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.
Re-post this if you believe homophobia is wrong. Please do your part to end it
|Focus:||General: All Categories|