Poll: Since there's been some comments that have sparked my interest, I want to see what YOU, the readers want. It will not change the story any, but I am a curious being. The question is, in my story, The Better to Kill You With, My Dear, how would you like L to be at the end? Vote Now!
Author has written 20 stories for Death Note, Final Fantasy VII, Kingdom Hearts, Bartimaeus Trilogy, and Vampire Knight.
The Maiden of Autumn
May the leaves scatter crimson wherever you see fit to step, and the night bring darkness as thick and black as velvet...
Greetings, weary traveler. Welcome to my doorstep.
Come in, sit, and warm yourself by my fire. There are not many who come this way- there are not many that can find the way, and visitors are a welcome surprise.
But as you are here now… I assume you trod the unbeaten path, the one less walked? Yes, I can see it in your eyes. You are not one who follows the normal path blindly. But where are you, you ask?
Oh, traveler, it seems as if you do not know what place you have truly stumbled into. Or do you…?
You have come into the realm of the season of Autumn, wanderer.
But who am I, you ask? What am I doing here? Traveler, let me tell you.
I am the Maiden of Autumn, and you have stumbled into my realm.
Ah, I see a relieved smile growing upon your face. However, I would not be relieved as of yet. Autumn is not to be taken lightly, traveler. And yet… you have made it this far…
Come with me, wanderer, and I will show you the autumn; my realm, my home…my fantasy.
Come with me to a place where darkness holds sway over light in the full moon, where skeletons dance and fairies laugh, and lust and love is one and the same.
A Place where the scent of cinnamon and grave dust lingers, and skulls leer from the shadowy corners. Where lights in the night lure foolish humans away, never to be seen again; where shadows grin, and crimson and fiery leaves swirl gracefully in the wind. The place where spirits talk and the moonlight induces even the most stoic soul to shed their clothes and dance.
Feel the darkness on your skin; let the energies enfold you in sweet, delicious insanity. My sirens and vampires, ghosts and ghouls, shadows and fairies, we will take care of you. We love new playthings, and treat them very well- all you need do is come with us, surrender your mind, your body… and your soul.
Take my hand, and I will show you a fantasy such as you’ve never seen, weary traveler. Where worlds collide, and new ones are born ; a realm where those who are dead do not always remain so, and things are not always as they appear. A place where madness is the main disease, and pleasure is our only medicine.
Come to the realm where darkness is sweet as a siren’s blood, and the line between fantasy and reality is blurred beyond recognition. Here, the impossible and possible ceases to exist, and madness becomes our reality; right and wrong don’t matter here, and what is twisted and sick may lead to untold heights of ecstasy.
Come dance with us, on the graves of the living and long deceased- let the moonlight bathe you in silver, and let us carry your memories away. Let us bring you pleasure in forgetfulness, and lose your mind with the rest of us, for all of us have lost them long ago.
Come join the ranks of the Autumn Folk, where we laugh in gleeful madness. We shall bring you dreams that few have ever had the pleasure to experience; let us bring your sweet dreams to life, and live them as your reality. Come live in my realm, stranger, and if you can survive, we can make your life a sinful heaven.
If none of this interests you, be on your way. Forget this place, erase it from your memories. For there are other mortals who would take your place, accept what I’m willingly offering. For once you accept, I will not let you go; the Maiden of Autumn plays for keeps.
About The Maiden of Autumn
...I am a socially awkward recluse extraordinaire who has a dirty mind, questionable writing talents, and no life outside of college.
I live in a mysterious place, my age is unknown, my personal details are secret, but if I like you I'll tell you more~
Latest News as of March 30, 2015:
I know I've been gone for awhile and nothing new's been coming out, but oh, well. Life takes more of a priority than my writing, and in between college and homework and life in general and all of the other little and huge inconveniences, I've not had the time nor inclination to write.
I know I haven't been responding to PM's, and for everyone who I was supposed to beta for, I'm sorry that I've been slacking. However, I'll be taking myself off as a beta until my life slows down. I've been trying to write, but I haven't been getting much done. Sorry, guys. Updating may take awhile, but don't give up on me just yet!
For those who might think so... NONE OF MY STORIES ARE ABANDONED. I'm working, but progress is slow.
Check out my home here at www.theautumnrealm.weebly.com for better-edited, typo-free copies of my stories and ones that are not yet published on this site or AO3. Also a back-up in case stories are ever deleted or removed. Oh- and don't go down the path of the unknown. Friendly word of advice. That bitch is nasty.
I've gotten a DA account solely for the purpose of writing, though it's not making much progress because I'm a lazy fuck. I'd like to keep my personal life and writing separate, so I felt that this was a better option. My profile can be found at . If one sees any stories from here on there, well, it's because Naxiphilim and the Maiden are the same people. Please, don't report for plagiarism. I may be odd, but I don't quite think I've gotten to the level of having split personalities. Not yet, at least.
I have fanart! Only one, but it's better than none and I quite adore it. It's marvelous. Gah. Go and check it out. Adore and love it as I do.
Permission to link from himitsutsubasa:
Guys. Guys. I have translations. Like, wow. It's so cooooooool. Like, even though I can't understand it, it's still pretty fucking awesome. PEOPLE CAN READ MY STUFF IN ANOTHER LANGUGE!!! Awesome day, guys. Thank Amethystheartt for translating, because it's so cool!
-Scratched Desks, Mussed Papers, and Empty Classrooms (Chinese)
Translated by Amethystheartt (also known as ptl):
Notes About the Maiden of Autumn’s Writing and Other Miscellaneous Things:
- Cliffhanger/suspense type of writer, here. Way I see it, if everything's given up in the first few chapters and you pretty much know what's going to happen, there's no point in reading it, yeah? But, keep people in suspense, on their toes and wondering, they'll keep coming back to read, because they can't help but want to know what's going to happen. So just keep that in mind if you ever get frustrated with how a chapter ends. Just means I'm doing my job right.
- I really only write slash, and that's of the Light/L variety. I make exceptions for requests or if a sudden idea hits.
- Anything needed to be known for the story will be at the top and kept short, so that pesky author’s notes don’t get in the way of reading. Unless I feel the ned to ramble.
- If my stories inspire anything in you, whether it be a story idea or art or anything, or even a sequel to one of my own one-shots or stories, go ahead and message me about it. I consider myself to be rather friendly, while I do tend to ramble and sound slightly bonkers. Also, as a bonus, there's about a 99% chance that I'll say go ahead and do it. I just ask that you send me a link when it's done so that I can check it out, and link it so that others can enjoy whatever it is. I'm not one to limit other's creativity in any way. In fact, when I get reviews and messages from you guys saying that my writing has inspired you, ah. You have no idea how gratifying that is to me.
- Reviews are more than welcome and loved, but not necessary. I write for my own pleasure and for anyone who cares to read my stories, and I won't be one of those people who require a certain amount of reviews in order to continue, because I dislike them myself. I do enjoy reading them, however, and criticism and errors being pointed out are always welcome. I.e.: feedback is always appreciated.
- And on that note, I would like to say that reviews do motivate me, articulate, well-thought out ones even more so. They feed my desire to write. I other words... if you review, it makes me happy. And I'm more inclined to write stuff when I'm happy.
- If you would like to chat, I'm not averse to PM’s. People are super cool and I like to make new friends, and I'm always polite when conversing. If you do feel so inspired to message me, feel free to call me M, Maiden, Autumn, Nax, (my personal nickname) whatever the hell you want, 'cause I'm aware that my penname is fucking long and a pain in the ass to type out over and over again.
- If you're interesting in a collaboration or RPing, just shoot me a PM and we'll discuss it. Always love to have another person's ideas and views to play with.
- Sometimes, FFN likes to eat my PMs, so if you message me to chat or for a beta request and I don't respond for a few days, either assume that FFN ate your message or mine and resend it again. I try really, really hard to respond... though Remmy might kick my ass for me saying that, cause I don't always message her back right away.
- Sorry about that, Remmy. You guys ever met Remmy? Totally awesome chick. She's like, my muse and best friend all rolled into one. I told her I wanted to keep her in a cage and use her as my permanent-writing-idea-bouncer-offer, but she wasn't too keen on the idea. Odd. Dunno why not... But yeah. You have a lot of Rewind, Reverse and Replay and The Better to Kill You With, My Dear to owe to her. All hail the mighty Remmy. Seriously. She's my muse. You can't have her.
A section in which I attempt to keep all of you up to date on in-progress stories. Might even include a bit of plot for the next chapter and answer a few questions.
Next chapter in-progress. Matt, Mello, and Near are all making a comeback and appearance. And just because Light and L finally got together, doesn't mean that everything's going to go smoothly. Nope. I have so much more planned for those two...
Someone mentioned that it's been a long time and that Vincent was still clueless, but if you go back over the timeline carefully, it's only been a few days since he fell and a few hours since Zero bit him. It's going to pick up the pace soon, though... Aerith is working her magic behind the scenes... And will Vincent forget...? In the words of L: There is about a 99.7 percent chance that I won't tell until the next chapter. As for Chaos... he's asleep at the moment, but he'll make an appearance once more eventually. Probably about the same time Rido finds the- you know what, let's shut up now.
-Of Shadows Traps, and Infuriating Criminals:
Next chapter in-progress. Shit's gonna hit the fan.
-Playful Incubi are Hell to Deal With: Aftermath:
Updated sporadically. Going for 100, before I end it. Might start a second one, I don't know.
-Rewind, Reverse, and Replay:
Next chapter in-progress. Light is kind of a twisted shit in this one, but having to kill your sister would fuck up anyone, mentally. And let me give you a little bit of an explanation as to his personality: because of his past, Light hates murderers. Loathes them. And what is L? A murderer, at least to him. Combine that with the fact that Light views L as a challenge and is determined to defeat him at any costs... well. And you think L is going to kill Light? Well... it might go either way at this point. Only Remmy knows. And me. But neither of us are telling, so guess you're just going to have to wait and find out...
I'd make this a manga, but my drawing skills are shit. Though... if anyone would want to do so, feel free to. It'd be cool. But seriously. You do not even want me to try drawing it. Might scar you for the rest of your life. I'm a talentless bastard.
-The Better to Kill You With, My Dear
About 3-4 chapters left, is all.
-This is War
Light had to kill someone, and Matsuda lost his leg. L makes an appearance as a doctor who saved Matsuda's life.
Soon to be updated.
And Now, Dearest Traveler…
It is time for you to be moving on. If you wish, enter my realm- explore if you please-if you desire, join the Autumn Folk. We do so adore new playthings here- especially innocent ones, such as yourself might be. Or, if my realm does not appeal to you, you are free to leave.
Unless, of course, one of my tentacled pets ensnares you as you leave. If so, just submit to them- they’ll let you go.