Author has written 6 stories for Twilight, Harry Potter, Star Wars, DC Superheroes, and X-Men.
So, I have some rules for my fanfiction that I have committed to because of things that irritate me that seem to pop up in almost every story under the sun. I freely invite any of you to call me out on them should I commit these infractions.
1) Hermione will never be referred to as "Mione". Ron said it ONCE in the books, when his mouth was full. This diminutive is irritating and silly.
2) Dumbledore is not Dumbles, Bumblemore, Dumbasadoor or any other stupid name that can be made by chopping up and destroying his name. It was funny once. It was not funny the two millionth time. Nor will he be referred to as the "leader of light" by anyone seriously.
3) Umbridge will not be Umbitch. Same as above. Funny the first time. Not so much the two millionth time.
4) Twinspeak- Fred and George spoke that way once in the books. Clever once. Not so much after that.
5) Harry is not to be referred to as "cub", "pup", Prongslet, or any combination of the above. If it happens in my story and isn't immediately followed by Harry doing something to make it clear that's not gonna happen again, please call me on it.
6) Awesome Trunk of awesome awesomeness - No he does not own a trunk that allows him to train for several years (without aging!) in order to be awesome!
I'm sure there will be more. I just figured I'd toss those up there on things I try to avoid!
If you message me on yahoo or skype or gmail... please let me know you're from ff,net, if you don't say anything else I tend to assume that your'e just a bot or something. If you message me on here, I generally know you're not a bot :P
In Another Life Progress Update: (This update was written 3/29 by Co-Author of In Another Life; Samantha Minuet, and has nothing to do with Kathryn or her other projects) It has not taken us nine months to complete one chapter. The actual writing/editing process is usually only a few of weeks turn around give or take a week or so. This time I totally and completely lost Twilight as an interest. We're not talking excuses, this was an honest lack of interest in continuing. For months just looking at chapter 51 was beyond a chore, it was borderline offensive to me. Not a single character gave me inspiration to write about, I didn't have the urge to even just edit what was already written. So it sat there, like a giant albatross weighing me down, and throwing snarky guilt trippy remarks at me every day. In time it became a burden, an actual literal burden that I just wanted to get rid of in the worst way.
I'm not being woe is me, I'm not trying to beg for sympathy here. As a reader you shouldn't have to care about the behind the scenes drama that unfolds with the writing process. To add insult to injury I've been trying to write an original story for while now, and it's a bit frustrating when another project suddenly becomes important again. Namely this one. Priorities are flexible, writing a fan fiction is something of a mixed bag. There is very little reward versus the work involved.
This project is going on two and a half years now. The actual story has quite a bit to go. And that's where this very long update is going. I wasn't sure it was worth the time and effort to finish this story. I was tempted to leave, but it felt wrong to hang everything on Kathryn's shoulders. So a couple of nights ago we started talking about the most important topic left in a story going on 350,000 words, the ending. Honestly, the solution was a bit simpler than I expected, and I can say that work has begun again on this fic. Fifty-one is actually pretty close to finished, but I won't give an exact date to expect the new chapter. Fifty-two is a mess, and it needs a lot of work to make it even readable. We're getting closer to the final arc, and I hope everyone can be patient for a while longer.
IAL Revision Progress: Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 have been updated with new content.