Author has written 6 stories for Harry Potter.
“Tell me, Harry,” said the Headmaster, “why do Dark Wizards fear death so greatly?”
“Er,” said Harry, “sorry, I’ve got to back the Dark Wizards on that one.”
“What?” said Dumbledore.
“Death is bad,” said Harry, discarding wisdom for the sake of clear communication. “Very bad. Extremely bad. Being scared of death is like being scared of a great big monster with poisonous fangs. It actually makes a great deal of sense, and does not, in fact, indicate that you have a psychological problem.”
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, by Less Wrong
On the tune of "Modern Major General" from "The Pirates of Penzance"
"I AM the very MOdel of a MOdern major GEN-er-al" is what's known as a 'patter song': it is sung very fast. People were so impressed with the hard work the Hat obviously put in to singing it right that they asked for an encore. Plus they didn't follow a word the first time round.
When Hogwarts' founders Snuffed It at the start of the millennium,
Let other schools set entry tests and quiz your personality,
Now Gryffindors are fêted for persistent feats of bravery,
The Hufflepuffs are loyal, fair, hardworking and meticulous,
The wise Rowena Ravenclaw creamed off the intellectual,
The virtues of the Serpent's house are swathed in deepest mystery,
But now my tender audience I'm sure that you have heard enough
All credit goes to textualsphynx, who came up with this delightful bit of poetry
I love stories with ancient and noble houses or any stories with the house of Black displayed prominently. So if you know such stories please let me know. I am always searching for stories with one of the following parameters:
1. The house of Black rescues Sirius from Azkaban
2. Regulus is alive and rescues Sirius and/or Harry
3. Stories about Daphne Greengrass because Harry-Daphne is awesome
4. Stories about Nymphadora Tonks and Harry because they are awesome too.
5. Stories were Harry and Draco are friends
6. Stories were Neville and Harry are friends/almost-brothers
7. Stories were Harry is the biological son of Sirius and James or Regulus and Lily (no Snape as father please)
8. Stories were Harry is brought up by house-elfs and the paintings of his parents and grandparents
9. Stories were Sirius kidnaps Harry AND IS NOT ACQUITTED BEFORE HOGWARTS but Harry still goes to hogwarts
10. Stories were Neville and Harry are both brought up by Augusta Longbottom as heirs to their respective families (ancient houses etc) I have not yet found this one so if someone would write this please?
what I detest:
1. stories with a harry-ginny love interest, I just don't like the whole 'crushing on your mother' angle from Harry and 'crushing on your childhood hero' angle from Ginny.
2. Stories with lots of street language, overly american (no I don't mind american idioms, but don't use things like "wanna go have fun bro") or just bad grammar (I know we are all trying and a lot of us are not native speakers, but if I have trouble with it it is BAD believe me)
I don't own Harry Potter or any other fandoms I might write in,
Unsafe External Link