Author has written 9 stories for Lord of the Rings, Silmarillion, and Wheel of Time.
Hi there all of you!
I decided to do a whole profile makeover...
I'm a bookworm who likes nothing better than to sit and read all day long.
Lord of the Rings, Silmarillion, Hobbit, and anything else related to Middle-earth.
I also love the Ranger's Apprentice books
My favorite characters in order I decided:
According to me, the MOST EPIC romance that ever existed was Beren and Luthien's tale. I mean I don't think any other couple have ever had to face so much difficulty and where the girl has been as brave and courageous and clever and noble as the boy, a thing that rarely happens in other stories I have read.
The white man said, "Colored people are not allowed here." The black man turned around and stood up. He then said: "Listen sir...when I was born I was BLACK, When I grew up I was BLACK, When I'm sick I'm BLACK, When I go in the sun I'm BLACK, When I'm cold I'm BLACK, When I die I'll be BLACK. But you sir, When you're born you're PINK, When you grow up you're WHITE, When you're sick, you're GREEN, When you go in the sun you turn RED, When you're cold you turn BLUE, And when you die you turn PURPLE. And you have the nerve to call me colored?" The black man then sat back down and the white man walked away... Post this on your profile if you hate racism
(The article below is from Aranel Laerien's profile)
Mae govannen! I welcome you to the eaves of Mirkwood, the tall trees of Lórien, the homely Imladris, and the many other lands we will not live to see..
Here, we watch enviously as the Ranger and Elves "listening to the rhythmic cackle of the flames, watching them leap and dance entrancingly, feeling the warmth radiate to fill the room, just as their hearts found solace in one another’s presence."
Here, we feel the tug on our heartstrings, when we hear the young boy say with a hitherto unknown resolution, “I must eat more so I can grow and be strong and take care of nana and myself.”
Here, we hear the soft lullaby in the night:
"Sleep now, my child, fear not the dark;
Here, we understand how "race does not shape anything beyond the physical. Even Legolas, a prince of the wood-elves, does not let this distinction come between them."
And here, we catch a glimpse of the promise of true friendship - the elusive love that few are able to find: "It is a token of what they both share and will share, and one day, the test shall come and they shall prove to be the best of friends.”
Fanfiction is a wondrous platform for writers to indulge themselves and learn within a safe world, and to me, the intricate and meticulous history, the diversity of cultures, and simply everything about Middle-Earth make it a most fertile land for Imagination to flourish..
May some aspiring author read and be inspired!
Things you are NOT allowed to do in Ranger's Apprentice, and what will happen to you if you do. Copy paste this on your profile if you love RA as much as I do!
1. You are NOT allowed to sing "Greybeard Halt". Halt will make you spend the night in a tree. A PINE tree O.O
2. You are NOT allowed to answer a question with another question. Halt will glare at you and make you feel stupid.
3. You are NOT allowed to say "But I thought..." Halt will say "you're and apprentice. You're not supposed to think" or "If you thought about it, you wouldn't ask"
4. You are NOT allowed to give Tug more than one apple a day. Halt will say "One is quite enough." Tug however, will tend to dissagree.
5. You are NOT allowed to question Halt's skills for ANY reason. Odds are he'll kill you. Painfully.
6. You are NOT allowed to tell anyone that Halt's not really grim all the time. He'll knock you into next week and then kill you.
7. You are NOT allowed to sing "We're off to see the wizard" on your way to visit Malcolm. He'll turn you into a lizard.
8. You are NOT allowed to send your Christmas wishlist to Erak. He'll brain you with a battleaxe. After stealing everything on the list.
9. You are NOT allowed to sing "Santa's comin' to town" when you see Erak coming. He'll brain you with a battleaxe.
10. You are NOT allowed to ask why, exactly, Keren's name is Keren. He'll hypnotize you.
11. You are NOT allowed to sing "Dude looks like a lady" when you see Keren. He'll throw a blue rock at you.
12. You are NOT allowed to hum the James Bond theme while tracking things with Halt. He'll shoot you with an arrow.
13. You are NOT allowed to hum alien music as you near Healers Clearing. Malcolm will kill you.
14. You are NOT allowed to use the "Green Giant" jingle when you see Trobar. He'll steal your puppy.
15. You are NOT allowed to to talk about your wonderful recipe for clam chowder in Skandia. You'll be brained.
16. You are NOT allowed to iceskate on the pond in Skandia. You'll be assigned to the paddles (But hey, at least you'll get to stare at Will)
17. You are NOT allowed to kill Alyss and Evanlyn when they stare at Will with you. Will will NOT marry you (Shame...)
18. You are NOT allowed to sing the munchkin theme song around Will. He'll shoot you.
19. You are NOT allowed to call Halt "Lucky the Leprichon" he'll kill you.
20. You are NOT allowed to ask Will about Crocodiles. He'll think you've gone mad.
21. You are NOT allowed to ask Halt to do an impersonation of Demo Man. He'll shoot you.
22. You are NOT allowed to switch Halt's coffee to decaf. You will die a slow painful death.
23. You are NOT allowed to oil the hinges on the door of Halt's cabin. He'll kill you if the intruders don't.
24. You are NOT allowed to threaten Will. Horace will challenge you to single combat and stick you with his dagger.
25. You are NOT allowed to ride Tug. He will throw you off and Will will shoot you for trying to steal his horse.
26. You are NOT allowed to write out the key to the Couriers Code. Crowley will rant and shoot you so full of arrows you will be remembered in death as 'The Porcupine'.
27. You are NOT allowed to fight a mad axeman with only your two knives. Gilan will throw you off a cliff so that he doesn't have clean up the mess.
28. You are NOT allowed to say "no offense" to Svengal, he'll take offense, with a battle axe. (this one is my own addition)
Did you know the average person only reads three books per year? If you do not even believe it is possible to read that little, copy and paste this to your profile.
How do they live by reading so little? I'd go nuts with withdrawal symptoms (though I am still not exactly sure what that is)
I am the girl that doesn't go to school dances, or games, and when I do go, I sit in a corner and read a book. I am the girl that people look through when I say something. I am the girl that spends most of her free time reading, writing, or doing other activities that most teenagers wouldn't call normal. I am the girl that people call weird and a freak either behind my back or to my face. I am the girl that doesn't spend all her time on MySpace, or talking to a girlfriend on a cell phone or regular phone. I am the girl that hasn't been asked out in a year (ever actually). I am the girl that has stopped to smell the flowers and jump and splash in the rain. BUT I am also the girl who knows and is proud to be who she is, doesn’t care if people call her weird (it's a compliment), who loves reading and writing and doing the things that no one seems to have the time to do any more, who can express herself better with words than actions, who doesn't need a guy to complete her, and knows the importance of the little things. Copy and paste this onto your account, and add your name to the list, if you are anything like me, so the girls who are different and unique can know in their weakest time that they are unique but not alone: Iheartjake, TeamJacob101, Boysareadrag, The Dawn Is Breaking, secilmis yazar, Holly Marie Fowl, Liris, Meihua68, Jinmay-4-ever, Miss Ginny Weasley, SmartGirlD, JacobBlack'RAWR, Clumzylil'Pixiegrl10908, Glitterb1234, bananafreak97, UnderworldChick, Aduial Rana, littledragoneyes, Elf from Downunder, Nimrodel626, AmazingWriter123
Unsafe External Link
|Community:||The Great Archive|
|Focus:||Books Lord of the Rings|