Author has written 39 stories for Harry Potter, Greek, and Glee.
Help my friends' and I with an experiment: The Darren Criss Experiement
Okay so for those of you who don't know me, I'm Aali. For those of you who do know me, what are you doing reading this? All of it will tell you stuff you already know!
I love everything Gilmore Girls, Glee, and Greek. (Yes I have a thing for G's...) But I will include Harry Potter in there as well (it didn't go along with the G thing!)
My favorite pairings in the following fandoms are (in their ship names...)
Klaine (Kurt and Blaine)
Caspie (Casey and Cappie)
SSHG (Snape and Hermione)
I live in North Carolina...a.k.a. Hicksville. I used to write a bit of HP fanfiction, but lately I've turned my sights to Glee fanfiction (OMG THE KLISS WAS AMAAAAAZING)
So here's my list of Fanfiction Pet Peeves...which will be added too as I uncover them.
1. If you don't know the difference between you, you're, and your, don't write.
2. If you can't spell characters names properly (ESPECIALLY if it's a literature based fandom) don't write.
3. Mpreg just doesn't work.
4. Neither does parent/child incest. Just wrong...very wrong.
5. If you're going to write fanfiction, learn to write. Don't use single quote marks for speech, and double quote marks for thoughts.
6. When a character speaks, it goes in a separate paragraph than the previous speaker.
7. White space is your friend.
8. Spell. Check.
9. When two separate families (for instances the Hummels and the Hudsons in Glee) get married and join to form one family, THE CHILDREN DO NOT TAKE ON THE LAST NAME OF THE OTHER FAMILY. There should be no Finn Hummel, or Kurt Hudson fics out there, unless they're Furt/Kinn fics, or AU fics. Period. The only time that's acceptable is if Burt/Carole adopts the other's son. Even then it's sometimes weird.
10. "Defiantly" and "Definitely" are two completely separate words.
11. Authors who say their summary is bad and the fic is better. Seriously, if you can't even write a decent summary why should I think the fic is any better.
12. Authors using the actors names, for the children of the characters they portray.
13. Not keeping Canon events in chronological order. If Event A came after Revelation B, keep it in order throughout your story, unless you've marked it AU.
14. Medical fics: The stomach is an organ, not an area of the body. If your character has appendicitis, use 'the abdomen' not 'the stomach' As they are two completely separate things.
15. If your summary is misspelled, why should I think that your fic is going to be any better?
16. Having Kurt/Blaine being *in love* or a fan of Chris Colfer/Darren Criss. Just no.
17. If you're writing an RPF, NEVER interchange the actor's name, for the character's name. They're two different people who just happen to look the same. They can not be used in place of one another.
18. If the word count on your update, is shorter than the word count on your author's note, add more content to your actual story. There is never an excuse for an author's note to be longer than the work you're updating.
19. If your title isn't even grammatically correct, why would I think that your story is going to be any better?
For a full list of my (Glee) fanfiction works see this link: Master List