Poll: What story should I write next? (PLZ look over these choices carefully. It would mean a lot to me) Vote Now!
Author has written 2 stories for Naruto, Bleach, and Fairy Tail.
Name: FullofSeoul (Seoul, soul, get it?)
Age: Like I'm gonna tell you that...
Height: Wish I was 6'2, but somewhere along the lines of 5'9
Weight: Swaggers at a "hulking" 150lbs, or around 70 kg.
Race: Asian (South Korean)
Occupation: Broke High Schooler, Professional Napper
Hobbies: Working out/Training, Playing Piano (What? I'm asian with asian parents), Singing, Sleeping, Reading FanFiction.
Location: Hell, motherfucker.
Just a Note: Favorite Manga used to be Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece, in that order, but things seem to have changed.
Now we have Bakuman taking the number 2 spot, One Piece at number 3 still, Slam Dunk and Kuroko no Basuke at 4, and Bleach at five.
Naruto is still Number 1.
BUT DBZ IS LIKE NUMBER 0, IT'S LEGEND! I don't just write fanfic on it, since I can't find a way to improve on it.
I don't know why, but Shingeki no Kyojin, even with its awesomeness is lacking something that really catches my attention.
Hajime no Ippo and History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi get honorable mentions because of their battle scenes and the training regimes based off of them lol.
I'm well versed in a lot of mangas/animes. I'm a freaking dictionary about the big three at least (Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece).
I don't dig Yaoi. No... In the wise words of the sage of Fanfiction, Kenchi618, "I do not dig Yaoi in any way. This is because I am a man's man. I say this because I have been told repeatedly and explicitly that I am in no way a ladies' man." Amen to that...
Information: I look like your stereotypical asian i guess, glasses, squinty eyes, good at math... I guess I'm what you call a funny character, making people laugh. You'll see me use a lot of big, sesquipedalian words that you learned to take the SAT and forgot cause they were useless. And you're right, they are, but I can't seem to forget them, so here I am making myself look smarter by using big words to completely eschew obfuscation.
Story Space: Hey, I'ma high schooler in Junior year, so Updates will be sporatic. However, I will not abandon any fic, no matter how much I want to.
Blade Of Emptiness, Maelstrom of Honor: TheInfamousMan's Challenge. Where Naruto is executed by Konoha, become Ulquiorra after his death, comes back to the Elemental nations somehow after THAT death, and rocks the hell out of the Nations. Rules are:
- Naru/Hina (Can include harem too, but honestly, I would try not to. No matter how much I like reading harems and without a doubt, I'll make a fic with a harem, Harem's are kinda like the easy way out of writing romance. Can't pick a girl? Choose all of them! I think its harder to pick one girl and have the main character maintain a friendly, intimate relationship with the other female that purely platonic.)
-Konoha Bashing. To what degree is up to the writer (I HATE THIS RULE! It's so hard to make some of the characters that I like complete bitches... But I think it makes for a good writing experience. Scroll down for my explanation on why I can't hate the people in Naruto, including people like Sakura and Sasuke.)
-Naruto must become anyone in Bleach that dies. Preferably in the Arrancar Arc, and even more preferably, Ulquiorra. But you can do Gin Ichimaru too, who I thinks works well. Or maybe Grimmjow, or Stark, or maybe even Aizen. Maybe even Ichigo, if you say that he stays dead after Ulquiorra kills him.
Story Status for Blade of Emptiness:
Chapter 6: In Progress. Word Count 2,500/10,000
The Balance Between Worlds:
-During the Final Battle of the Fourth Shinobi War, Naruto and Sasuke work together to bring Edo Tensei Madara down. They succeed, but at a great cost. As the two of die on the battlefield, each one content at having fought together and reconciling as brothers again, they are given a choice to be sent down to a new world with a different purpose: To protect the next generation of Fiore, who like how Naruto and Sasuke held the future of Konoha on their shoulders, bear the future of Fiore.
-Story begins when the protagonists are young, even before most join their respective guilds.
-They are sent to Fiore and made young again, only a few years older than, say Erza because she's one of the older protagonist of Fairy Tail, so that the newcomers from Konoha can fit in without too much of an age gap. I mean, if I left it the way it is, Naruto would be another Gildarts. Awesome, but unable to fit in.
-They are sent to the side of one protagonist, or minor character (the character must become a major one in this case). They protect and act as an older sibling to the person. I'm still not sure on who will protect who. Sasuke will probably end up protecting someone who is at first an antagonist i.e. Jellal or Ultear, which'll have major effects on the storyline, and Naruto will probably protect someone who joins Fairy Tail, e.g. Natsu, Erza, Gray, etc.
--Note: The characters from the NaruVerse will not be OP. They will be more powerful than say, Erza or Natsu, to some degree, but not enough to make it blatant. Ex. Naruto will not be able to use Rasenshurikan, Sage Mode, NineTails Chakra Mode until later in the series. Why? Dunno, I'm still thinking of a reason that's not completely cliche. A perfect hero gets boring after a while, doesn't it?
-Note2: By protect, I mean the characters will awake next to the person to protect, or meet them soon after, and become good friends with them. Platonic relationship or Romantic, I haven't decided. Then, they will stay with them until the protectee joins the gang of protagonists and will have their own adventures. The NaruVerse will be a big part of the storyline, but will also be separate from the main storyline to some degree (so no Naruto bursting in and beating Phantom Lord all by himself while Natsu twiddles his thumbs). This does not mean they will be like guardian angels, separate and untouchable. They will be integrated, as much as I can at least, into the story, hopefully until the point where you'll believe that they're needed and and an integral part of the story.
-PM me for Ideas!
Story Status The Balance Between Worlds:
Chapter 5: Complete.
To Dethrone a God (Title Suggestions?)
-Fandom: Bleach (non-crossover)
-Summary: Nobody understands. The Injustice of the world, the twisted hierarchy. His family slaughtered in front of his eyes, spurred on by sorrow and vengeance, Aizen vowes to rid the afterlife of the unjust God who let these crimes stand, so that nobody else goes through the hell he has. But to dethrone a God, he must become one himself. The story of Bleach, told in the eyes of its "villian".
-GEN (no pairings, except for canon pairings (which are practically nonexistant))
- What is Aizen is not the evil bastard everyone thinks he is? The backstory of Bleach's most infamous villian. How he came to be who he is, how his past was marred, the reasons behind his actions. Nothing is as it seems.
- Basically Aizen is the anti-hero of the fanfic, and is running solo, except for Gin and Tosen. He is misunderstood throughout the whole story, and is fine with it, as it keeps him from involving others in danger. Not exactly sure how I'll justify all of his actions, really.
- The story will follow canon, with most of the "fanfic" being Aizen's thoughts, reasoning, and past, the latter of which I will have to create. I have not yet decided yet whether I will deviate from canon slightly or keep it as is.
-It is undecided whether to end the story at the Deicide Arc, or with the Thousand Year Blood War Arc.
- The story idea popped into my head while I was reading the manga. There has been a few theories cropping up about how when Kyouraku Shunsui is speaking with Jugram (the Sternritter), he is missing his eyepatch and offers tea instead of alcohol. The theory is that the Shunsui in Soul Society is actually an escaped Aizen (the real Shunsui hasn't arrived from the Human World yet) and Aizen is going to be the lynchpin to saving Soul Society. So that got me thinking? What if Aizen were a good guy since the beginning? Of course, if Kubo proves this theory right, and actually does have Aizen be a good guy, It'll completely undermine this fanfic. I can't write a fanfic about the truth!
-PM for ideas!
Story Status: To Dethrone a God:
Chapter 1: Not yet started. Release date TBD
I'm well versed in a lot of mangas/animes. I'm a freaking dictionary about the big three at least (Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece). Here's a list for anyone that cares, or wants to quiz me to make me feel miserable:
Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2, Detective Conan, Hajime no Ippo, Toriko, Shaman King, Rave Master, Fairy Tail, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Noblesse, Sun-Ken-Rock, The million different versions of Yu-Gi-Oh! but only the ones with Yugi Mutou in them, HunterXHunter, Fullmetal Alchemist, Hikaru no Go, Death Note, Prince of Tennis, Slam Dunk, DragonBall, DragonballZ, DragonballGT, New Prince of Tennis, Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler), Rurouni Kenshin, Yuyu Hakusho, Kingdom Hearts (Manga Experience, Never could get ahold of the game), Pokemon, RosarioVampire, Megaman NT, Tsubasa Reservoir, Aang the Last Airbender, Whistle!, Dragon Drive, Zatch Bell, Kingdom Hearts, Sekirei, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Nisekoi, Denpa Kyoushi, Kangoku Gakuen, Sword Art Online, Zero no Tsukaima, Beyblade (all of them, oh childhood), Sgt. Frog, RosarioVampire, Samurai Deeper Kyo. Jesus christ that's a lot.
Fate/Staynight receives a special mention, because I've absolutely fallen in love with the nuance of Magecraft. So complex..
-Honestly, I don't even freaking know why I joined this site. I have about Zero inspiration and creativity as a writer. Hopefully, mooching the base of it off an existing manga or book will help me haha. I do know that I joined because of the fanfics I've read, there have been plenty where I was like "I can write that so much better than them!" or "His grammar sucks!" But then after like a year of saying this, I realized that I needed to stop being a bitch and actually do something about it or shut up. So I did. I wrote a story, and hopefully it'll get somewhere.
-Almonds are annoying. Whenever you get a pack of those assorted Nut Packs, the stupid almonds get in the way of the succulent cashews, pistachios, or macadamia nuts. Stupid almonds.
-Bees scare the fuck out of me. I thought people who were scared of bees were pussies and then I got stung by one and mother-of-god... GET THOSE FUCKING THINGS AWAY FROM ME!
I am an Aspiring Log Pope. Just to put it out there, the day I become one I will lock myself in my room and have a small party with cake while victory dancing around a glorious log.
Unlike a lot of people, I can't seem to hate anyone in the freaking NarutoVerse... Believe me I've tried and I just freaking can't. For Example...
Naruto: He's honestly an idiotic moron with a ridiculous dream in the beginning. But I can't help but respect that... He's been put down so many times because he held the Kyuubi, but through years of emotional abuse he still stands strong and keeps a wide smile on his face. Why? Because when he was about to lose hope, one Umino Iruka believed in him and gave him hope. Because that one person believed in him, he carries on that legacy with the unbreakable, almost foolish belief that he can change and save anyone. He never gives up on Sasuke, and Sasuke comes back. He doesn't leave Sakura, and in the end, Sakura and Naruto are good friends. He never forsake the village, and in the end, the village views him as he should be viewed. A hero. You just can't help but love the guy after all that..
Sakura: She's a fangirl, and she's pretty useless. I mean it's a running joke among different fanfics that she's useless and can't really do anything. She's kinda like the Orihime of Naruto, crapload of potential and decently good looking, but doesn't do much except for act like the damsel in distress when push comes to shove. But I can't hate her. Why? Well, she has an excuse. She comes from a civilian family (her dad's still a genin. Fun Fact!) and she suffers from low self-esteem, which is shown when she gets bullied during her academy days. She puts up a tough front by copying Ino's brash attitude, but underneath it she's still insecure. I spells it out perfectly in the latest chapters. She's always the weak one, staring at the backs of Naruto and Sasuke, running to catch up but failing as the gap gets larger and larger. She's one of the most human characters in the stories, caught between two Titans: Naruto and Sasuke. So what does she do? She takes it upon herself to survive Tsunade's torture so she can be strong. She puts her own issues aside so that she can help her teammates. The hopeless fangirl grows up to be a kunoichi. You gotta respect that you know?
Sasuke: Sigh... Where do I start? He's the strong and silent type, except minus the strong part. So just silent. And brooding.. With a stick up his ass... He's portrayed as the avenger and someone that walks alone. In the end, or at least the end of pre-Shippuden Naruto, his comrades were little more than stepping stones he used to get stronger and avenge his clan. He's the worst type, a betrayer. But even then... He was guided and manipulated onto the path of darkness. Sasuke used to be bright, happy child. His personality was actually more like Naruto's minus the pranking, and his older brother was his idol and his best friend. But all that changed when he comes home to find that his older brother killed his whole family and then leaves with a parting challenge to cultivate his hatred and try to kill him. Throughout the first half of Naruto, he's working off of the words of his brother, and he becomes an introvert. Mentally and Emotionally broken, he refuses to let anyone inside in case they hurt him like Itachi did, so he delves deep inside enacting his revenge. It pisses me off, but its kinda sad dontcha think? Then Naruto comes into the picture. Two people who've lost almost everything at a young age, it's natural that they bond together albeit as rivals. Slowly, he comes out of his shell and begins to interact with his Squad and starts to become that Sasuke he is before the Uchiha Massacre, although he keeps his cynical and serious attitude. Then Itachi comes and turns him back onto the path of darkness. And then the path of light with Itachi's death. Then the Darkness with Madara. Then the light with the First Hokage's story. His whole life's been a struggle to see where he can fit in, where he belongs. Simply put, he's lost and wants to be found. It's intriguing to see where he'll end up and how his relationship with Naruto will go. Although his episode of insanity after killing Itachi and deciding to kill all of Konoha was pretty stupid...
Kakashi: Man, these things are getting longer and longer... One word, PTSD. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. The guy's gone through a lot, and as a teenager too. He reconciles with his squad member and rival, who becomes his best friend, and only a few hours later, his best friend dies. A few months later, his other squad member, one he promised to protect with his life, dies. By his own hand. Then, his sensei and father figure in his life dies. Basically everyone he has cared about dies and he is left with the survivor's guilt. He becomes an introvert too, like Sasuke, but he locks himself in with his Icha Icha, and his weird habits. His habit of being late for one. The day that Obito "died" was the day Kakashi was promoted to Jonin, and that day Obito was late. So maybe, in a twisted way, to honor Obito, Kakashi has developed a habit of being late for everything. He probably always visits Obito's grave as well. I would think all the troubles he's gone through gives the guy a valid excuse. The fact that he didn't train Team 7 except for the Tree-Walking exercise? It probably gives him painful memories of his own team. They're almost the same. The proclaimed genius who acts a loner, the girl with the crush on the genius and has high chakra control (Rin was a medical nin), and the knucklehead with the crush on the girl that is always being compared to the genius. Why wasn't he there for Naruto, he probably knew that Naruto was Minato's son? It would be for the exact same reason. Looking at Naruto, who would be the mirror image of Minato if he had longer hair, a thinner face, and no whiskers, would probably hurt Kakashi. And who said he wasn't there for Naruto? It's improbable for a child to sustain himself, especially when the Village hates his guts. Someone must've been there for him when he was very young and made sure he didn't starve, and although Sarutobi tried, he is the Hokage and has other duties, so it was most likely Kakashi in the shadows, who holds no bias towards the "Kyuubi Brat".
Hinata: Why would you hate her? She's sweet, soft-spoken, and beautiful. Ok, she is kinda like Sakura, in that she's useless. The one time she stood up to Pein, she was crushed in a three page spread, and many people say her number 1 line is "Naruto-kun?" (probably true). But even she's scarred. She's grown up as the heir to the clan, and she, like Naruto and Sasuke, lost a parent at a young age. Her father, who decides to cope with the loss by training his daughter almost mercilessly so that she would be strong enough to defend herself and so that he wouldn't lose them either, dumps his load on Hinata, who is hard-pressed to keep up. He constantly trains her and berates her and instead of hellping her become strong, it has the opposite effect. It completely destroys her self-esteem. She can't keep up with her father's expectations, and it doesn't help that she's constantly compared to her sister. Her sister, who reminds her of her mother so much that she can't bring herself to hurt her, even in a spar. So what happens? She gravitates toward Naruto, who is the epitome of what she wants to be: Determination, the Will to never give up. She begins to admire Naruto and in the end, falls for him. It's a sappy love story, but one that I feel kinda touches the heart, you know? (Maybe I'm just sappy like that).
Konoha Itself: Can you really blame them? Almost all of Konoha has lost a loved one through the attack by Kyuubi, and unfortunately, Humans are not exactly forgiving creatures. Because the Kyuubi is gone, and they can't get back at it, they do it through the best way they can: through a scapegoat. Specifically, Naruto. They take their anger, sorrow, and loss out on him because he is to them, the Kyuubi, especially with the whisker marks. But humans are fickle creatures. When Naruto begins to show his true self to Konoha, begins to show that he is a proud ninja of Konoha who will fight for the village, they begin to change their mind. They begin to feel guilt for their actions, their cruel actions toward a boy that they're beginning to see is innocent. And they begin to change, and soon, they accept him for what he is, a hero. They're the end result of how Naruto's actions can change the masses and bring their support. Touching, isn't it? *Sob,Sob*
Kyuubi/Kurama: Here's one that some hate and some love. Think about it though, he's just as much of a victim as Naruto is. Feared and abandoned by humans because of his size and power, coveted and seeked by others for the same reason, Kurama's just been bounced around since the death of the Sage of Six Paths. Always misunderstood, never accepted. You know the saying, "If people say you are a monster, slowly, you begin to believe it and become one"? No? Well, that's basically what happened to Kyuubi. Always hated, he begins to return the hatred. Always alone, he begins to resent those with love. Always feared, he begins to deliberately cause fear. Always called a monster, he begins to become one. Even in Mito and Kushina, he is alone. Both of them only see him as a mass of malevolent chakra, a monster, and seal him deep inside themselves, without bothering to hear him out or talk to him. Even Naruto at first, guided by the words of the crowd, sees him as the monster who ruined his life, and refuses to work with him. He was manipulated by Madara/Obito to attack Konoha twice, both times having to take the blame for it. It's a miracle that he even trusts humans at all now, but he too is an example of how Naruto's bright and never-give-up personality can change for the better. Plus he's a giant fox, how cool is that?
Man, this is turning out to be some rant! Hope those that hate one of the above characters will sympathize with me and see them differently. Am I a philosopher or what?! Or maybe just a nerd...
I had to copy this when I saw it...
Honorary Member of The Book of Log.
If you worship the holyness that is the log, copy and paste this section onto your profile... although you may want to change the comments
Position: Log Pope (Since 12/24/2010)
Possible Book of Log Positons:
Log Worshipper: Beginning position. No requirements
Log Priest: You have created at least 1 Naruto related fanfic that frequently (every 2-4 chapers) praises the almighty log and actually fits into the story
Log Pope (there can be more than 1 pope... its safer that way): you have created 3 naruto related fanfics that frequently praise the almighty log
OR the Fanfic that already occasionally praises the log has at least 400 reviews
OR you create a (decently made) Naruto fanfic focused on praising the log... log forbid.
Excerpt of the log number 124: when using the log to escape a fire jutsu, it is konoha custom to write an apology letter to the log, and depending on rank of jutsu escaped from depicts how many words are needed. c-rank, two thousand, B-rank, one thousand five hundred, a-rank, one thousand. only S-rank and higher or excused from the writing of the letter. even then, it is still reccommended.
Log excerpt number 231: if konoha shinobi celebrate the holiday of Christmas, then it is required that they put gifts under the Christmas log. Use of a full tree is an insult to the log and if found out that shinobi is uneligible from using the log for a period of two months.
Log excerpt number 437: Use of the log in a situation that clearly could be avoided using a variety of other methods or techniques is looked down upon. In order to repent for such actions, the following steps should be taken:
For every dent caused by your replacement you shall plant one sapling.
For every stab wound caused by your replacement you shall plant five saplings.
For every hole in the log caused by your replacement you shall plant ten saplings.
For every detached piece of the log caused by your replacement you shall plant one sapling per square inch of detached log.
For a destroyed and unusable log caused by your replacement you shall plant twenty-five saplings.
If your log is defective you may call 1-800-BAD-LOGS to file a complaint. If your case is proven correctly your next replacement will be half off.
'and the willow sayeth unto the ninja: wherefore dost i weep? 'tis tears of joy, as thy kin and mine together fell thine foes, who would bring the axe and torch to the wood. the log ist thine ally, and mine kin. calling upon the log, is to call upon me. to aid thee in battle, i weep my tear of joy. and the ninja spoke: yea, thee and thine kin shall forever be blessed among me and mine kin. for thine bravery will never be forgotten.' -book of the log, song of the willow, verses 1-4
'as the log takes your place, you become the log. the log becomes you. for a moment, you are an extension of the logs blessing unto ninja.' -book of the log, chronicle of the replacement verse 3
'you are fools! your log is but a mockery of the power of ninja!- the ninja from the desert declared. and the people shook their heads. you have been denied the log for a long time, sandwalker. we cannot force you to see the glory of the log, but know this. when the time comes, and you have no other allies to call upon, the log will hear your prayers, and aid you.' -book of the log, redwood journals verses 15-16
'and as the smoke cleared, his foe stared in awe at the log. blackened and charred, the log crumbled. the ninja, filled with righteous wrath, fell upon his foe and slew him. he made his way to the log, and wept. his companion, the log that had accompanied him through so many battles, was no more. he spoke thus to his fallen companion: though now you have fallen in battle, you rest where the logs forever grow. the forest of life called for you, and you answered its call, as you did mine. i thank you my friend.' -book of the log, honor of the forest canticle I, verses 78-82
'he despaired, for in this place of stone and earth, there was no logs to be found. reaching out with all his might, he begged for a log in the forsaken wasteland. and he was answered, and saved by the log, in a place where there were none. -book of the log, wanderers saga, verses 7-9
'the log took his place and fell, forever into the abyss. the people, hearing of this, railed against him, in such numbers he swore to never endanger another log again. for many years, he fought without the log, growing more and more weary with each passing day. finally, he came across a foe that was too strong for him. as his life was about to end, he felt a familiar pull, and found himself out of harms way, seeing a log in his place. his stunned foe was felled in his stupor, and he approached the log, he knew it, for it was the same that fell so long ago. he asked of the log: why did you endanger yourself for me again? have you not done enough for me? and the log spoke: it is my duty, and our bond. we exist to save the ninja, and they exist to save the trees. we both play a part, for which i am content.' -book of the log, honor of the forest canticle II, verses 59-70
Let it be known that it is absolutely forbidden to willingly perform the technique known as "1000 years of death" on a log. It is also equally frowned upon for one to replace oneself with a holy log for the purpose of avoiding said technique. The punishment for such actions is at least 6 months of banishment from the use of the holy log.
Kenchi618's Rules of Naruto Fanfiction (These are like the Ten (Eleven?) Commandments for me)
1. Naruto must know some kind of replication technique, preferably the tried and true Kage Bunshin technique. Why you ask? Because it wouldn't be Naruto without three dozen blonde kids running amok on a regular basis.
2. Being a smart-ass is recommended. He doesn't necessarily have to be smart, but his mouth should be. Naruto, in essence, is a hot-head with no tact that shoots his mouth off and pisses off the wrong people, invariably drawing them into his world, for better or for worse. Since the story will probably revolve around him ANYWAY, you might as well make it so that what he has to say is hella entertaining, it makes the whole experience much better.
3. He must have some kind of weakness, even in the super-fics. Who wants to see good things happen all the time? If nothing but good things go on, then the good will become watered down and not very significant at all. He needs to be able to be beaten somehow, someway there has to be something about him that enemies can take advantage of. Naruto's the underdog, that's his appeal and that is why he is beloved. Haven't you people ever seen Rudy!?
4. Pissing off your readers is a double-edged sword. If it's a damn good cliffhanger, or something that sets up an antagonist for future comeuppance then great, fire away! As long as the pay-off is well worth it then that is what the creative process is all about. However, if you just delight in butchering whatever integrity the original storyline had and the amount of flames you get is equal to 1/4 of your entire review count then there is something seriously wrong.
5. NO FREAKIN' YAOI!! None! ...In any of my stories at least. Do what you want. Now I'm not homophobic, I'm actually very chill with gay people, one of the coolest guys I know is gay, to each their own I always say. But I will not fucking read anything that even has the possibility of dude-on-dude action, fuck that shit. People go overboard with it, as with regular lemon stories as well, I'll be equal opportunity here. Remember: Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, and just because you should do something doesn't mean you will. It also doesn't help that a large bulk of them have shit for grammar, spelling, and just being overall basically decent stories in general.
-The yaoi aspect in my respects can be overlooked if the story is good and it is not the central focus and entire point of the story... i.e. the entire reason for the story is to write about dudes boning. However that is pretty much never the case. You ain't making it 3000 words without finding someone getting poked in the chops in most of these things.
6. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. If you want reviews then fucking review on the stories of others. If you like a story, tell the writer what you like. If you don't like it, tell them what you don't like or you think could be improved. It's common courtesy damn it! A decent review takes one minute max, because you have an well thought out opinion by the time you finish reading, so share the love.
7. Grammar and punctuation are actually very fucking important. If I read a story that I could've written better in the third grade then that is a problem. It really takes away from the story, it truly does. You can have a kick-ass premise and a great plot all set out, if you type a like second grade remedial English student then I won't read it damn it. Come on! You go through thirteen years of public school and learn how to write properly for a reason, because shitty writing pisses people off! No text writing either. Slang is okay, as long it is coherent and most know what the fuck it means then by all means go forth. Even good grammar and spelling in your story summary can be the difference between hits and reviews, trust me.
8. Bashing is okay... to an extent. If the entire point of your story is to just shit all over certain characters and make another look like God's gift to the world then you can do that, but you won't be getting many thumbs up for your masterful storytelling. Be justifiable and flexible on your bashing, because just like in real life, things can change easily.
9. Listen to the people. Yes, it is your story, that's cool. And in the end whatever happens is up to you. I'm not saying let them plan out the plot or anything, although if you're lazy then go for it. I'm saying that if enough people say something, like a certain thing sucks, or they talk about something that you didn't or can't explain, address it and/or try to fix it. If you are anything like me then reader response is like crack. Showing you don't care is basically saying 'fuck this story' and that will not end well.
10. OC's are not God! OC's cannot do everything! They can fix stuff, yes! They can train people up, yes! They can be potential pairings, again, yes! But OC's cannot fix everything. If the fucking Hokage can't make Naruto's life much better then how can some random guy from Jack-fuckistan come in one day and fix everything? He can improve on things, like Naruto's skill level, and his relationships with people, even his intelligence and standard of living, but a full-on upswing is IMPOSSIBLE for one person. That was more of a rant than anything...
11. Have extensive knowledge about the subject you are writing on. It really helps the quality of your work if you know what the hell you're writing about in the first place. For example, don't attempt crossovers if you don't have equal knowledge of all elements being used for the story. Either know what's going on, or have one hell of a reference tool at your disposal... as a matter of fact, you should have that at hand regardless because people tend to forget/overlook shit.
These enacted rules are for me that I'll try to adhere to every time out. Now this can and probably will be manipulated over time being that I own this shit, however if anyone agrees with these than feel free to use it I guess.*
Unsafe External Link