Author has written 6 stories for Code Geass, Naruto, Legend of Zelda, Underworld, Harry Potter, High School DxD/ハイスクールD×D, and Akame ga Kiru/アカメが斬る.
I guess that since I've actually published a story now, I should give a little bit of information about myself.
I am currently a student the university I attend. I've always loved the debate and such that comes when two people have different ideals, but want to achieve the same thing.
Needless to say, I am in LOVE with Code Geass. Lelouch v Suzaku is one of my favorite philosophical debates that I've ever seen. However, in the end, Lelouch won the debate through his Zero Requiem. Code Geass is one of my top two shows that I've ever seen, the only one that can compete (to me) is the Game of Thrones.
My favorite philosopher from ancient Greece would have to be Aristotle. My favorite color would have to be a deep crimson.
Also, for those who haven't watched High School DxD yet. GO WATCH IT! You will not be disappointed at all. It is one of the ecchiest animes that I've ever watched, but by the end I was going, "WHERE THE FUCK IS SEASON TWO!!!!?" The Light Novels are awesome, and can be found with a quick Google search of "DxD Light Novels." They're the first link almost every time.
Also, should you really like anything that I put on here, please don't feel shy about telling other people. I wouldn't have even found out about this site had a friend not first told me about it, and I must say that I'm in love with it. I implore you to share it. The greatest gift that any author could receive is people recommending their work to your friends, and so on and so forth.
CUSTOMARY DISCLAIMER: I do not, nor have in any way, ever owned anything to do with the original anime or story which my fan fictions are based off of. These stories are written for the sole purpose of entertainment, and not meant to achieve any profit through selling it.
Again: THANK YOU for reading, and don't forget to share. The more views, favorites, follows, and reviews I get, the more I will be motivated to churn out more chapters and stories.
Alright, I'm going to in the next little bit finally explain my attitude towards writing for all whom wish to know. If you don't wish to read my rant, then continue scrolling, because some of this will probably seem a little harsh to some readers.
First off, writing is the only real way in which I am capable of expressing myself creatively. What I mean is that the English language is the only method I have of proving myself more than an average person. I can't draw to save my life, but I can describe something so well that even a blind person would be able to see it in their mind. This is my greatest tool for creation, and it is through creation that man is able to ascend and evolve.
"Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."
Now, it is because this is my only tool I am able to fluently use without risk of shattering that I am a very meticulous person when come to my stories. I literally spend at least twelve solid hours on each of my chapters from the time my pencil starts scratching to when I finally press "Enter" on my keyboard, and twelve hours is the minimum time I spend for only a six-thousand word chapter; that's also not including the amount of time I spend plotting the story out and creating and editing the outline. Now to the casual person you may be wondering as to why I do that. My answer is simple: Writing is more to me than you could ever dream.
My mind is my only weapon, and through it I am able of creating some of the most absurd and interesting ideas. I have spent the past few years sharpening my mind and I have seen quite possibly the greatest jump in both my creativity and intelligence in my entire life. While some people claim I have become colder, and I do admit I have in some ways, I believe that all of the tragedy I've faced - both self inflicted and not - has just made me more aware of other things that I used to not value which in fact mean even more to me.
My attitude towards what is the most important factor in story-making is a mish-mosh of the two greatest conflicting schools that I've found: Character drives the plot, and the plot creates the character. Like George R.R. Martin, I firmly believe that Characterization is much more important than the setting and that the plot advances through the characters' interactions. However, as I've experienced in real life and have decided to include in my writing style, there are times in which no matter how hard the character tries where something greater will determine how the character's story progresses. To me, there is an equal emphasis on both Character and Plot, and that is my attitude on what is the most important to me.
"You write what you want to read." I don't know who it was that first said it, but they are absolutely correct. To me, what makes a good story is complex and believable characters, engaging prose and diction, unexpected trials, and an unpredictable plot. This combination of factors has been perfectly assimilated into George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series, and it is without a doubt the greatest series I have ever read. For all those who don't know, the books are the mold from which the show Game of Thrones was cast. I highly recommend reading all six published books (the third book, A Storm of Swords, was published into two separate tomes).
Now onto what irks me when I read something. The first of my peeves is actually the most simple to rectify: Atrocious grammar. Like many people, spotting the occasional missed apostrophe or even a missing semicolon or colon does rustle my jimmies a little, but I'm not talking about those little nuances of the English language. I'm talking about a sentence structure so horrible that I actually have to think about what I just read in order to figure out if person 1 did this or if he experienced that or the like. Another is the, for some reason, common misuse of these five words: Their, There, They're, Your, and You're.
The last thing I can't stand when I'm reading a story (Fanfiction in particular here, since this really only applies to them) is the concept I've named 'OC named (Insert Protagonist name here).' What really pisses me off is when writers employ this method without cause or reason aside from the fact that they wanted to change what made a person themselves for them to better work in their story, and the fact that this has been revealed to be commonplace has nearly made me livid on numerous accounts. What that name means is this: Someone creates a character that has very little to nothing in common with the character who they were based on, makes them look exactly like them and gives them the same name, and then throws them in the story they made. This is the one practice I can't stand at all, though I have read some stories that were rather well made around this 'OC named (Insert Protagonist name here).'
Now, these are my opinions, and you are welcome to your own. You are more than welcome to flame for my comments, or even praise my ingenuity at finally putting these concepts into words that can be shared. There it all is for everyone to gaze towards at long last.
In one of my stories, a reader posted a review that is probably the best way to describe how to create/alter an existing character. Their name is DarkFox2, and this is their review word for word:
"I am really enjoying your version of Naruto in this story. I like to think creating a character is like cooking. There are so many ways an addition or subtraction to the recipe can save or doom the meal. To get everything right makes a great dish. The way I see this turning out leads me to think this story will be 5 star restaurant worthy. Just the inclusion of a Naruto/ Esdeath pairing is great but to pull it off convincingly will be fantastic. You have all the right ingredients with the pairing being the best one. If you do well with this I have no doubt it'll be the most popular naruto/akame ga kill cross. Now I hope I encouraged you so cook us all a feast!"
To think of it like cooking is the best simile I think there could be, and a good anime to show you about the importance of the fine details in a recipe is Shokugeki no Soma.
1. No wasted beer in the name of humour.Man Law
2. It has been made official that under no circumstances should the male have to pay for birth control.
3. If your best friend is dumped by a girl it is a 6 month waiting period till she can be touched. If he breaks up with her it’s a 6 day waiting period.
4. If two or more males arrived at a party by a single car, and the driving male is hooking up with a girl, it is the responsibility of the other males to find other ways home. (The exception to this law is if the driver is hooking up with his own girlfriend, the law is then void and the driver still holds full responsibility of driving his friends home.)
5. Short-shorts have been banned… Unless in a participating in a sporting event that demands shorter shorts. Also no real man should be allowed to pop his collar.
6. Every man shall allow one empty urinal of separation in a bathroom with three or more urinals; law is void if there are dividers in between each urinal.
7. If a girl and a guy are not officially dating then it can't be considered cheating. However...if the guy cheats with a girl that is less attractive to the one he is originally interested in then he is either... A) Drunk or B) Dumbass. This then gives the original girl the right to either get mad or laugh at you.
8. No one should ever steal a man's alcohol from that man's cooler. This is the only law that suffers the penalty of death.
9. When bringing condoms to a party it is a man's responsibility to pack two in his pockets and one in his car as a spare in case a friend is in desperate need.
10. No heavy fornication in a friend's bed. Or just wash the sheets.
11. No man shall every use a rolling backpack. If you can't carry the bag then you’re not a man.
12. If another man's fly is down, you didn't see anything and may not make a comment about it.
13. When a man is borrowing a buddy's tool or other equipment, if the borrower puts any scratches or brings it back with any noticeable wear, then he is required to do one of the following: If the item costs under 50 bucks, you are required to replace it. If the item costs over 50 bucks, you are required to give him a case of beer, because hey... who wants to spend more than 50 bucks on something that isn't yours?
14. When your friend picks up a hot girl... however the hot girl has an ugly friend... it is only right that you operate as a wing man doing whatever it is you got to do to help your buddy have some time alone with the hot girl. As men we are obligated to sacrifice and pay it forward for each other knowing that the favor will one day be repaid.
15. When calling shotgun, all riders of the car must be outside, and shotgun can only be called when the car is in view. Riders in the car are not allowed to run to shotgun and steal it before the person who called and deserves it arrives there. The driver of the car has no authority to decide on who gets shotgun. If a legitimate confrontation comes up where the rightful owner of the shotgun can not be determined then it will be decided by one round of paper-rock-scissors (with no shoot). If the two contenders tie 5 times in a row then the rightful owner of the shotgun is to be decided by a UFC cage match in which the first blood drawn decides the rightful owner of shotgun.
Addendum to Man Law No. 15:
If at any point during the process of determining the shotgun rider a hot girl hints that she would like to sit up front the driver has the sole right to declare her the shotgun rider and depending upon the situation may even deny rides to all other passengers. However, if said hot girl is an ex of any passenger they may overrule the driver's decision and make her ride in the back. Additionally, if all passengers happen to be female then revert back to original method of deciding shotgun rider substituting mud wrestling for UFC cage match. The winner then gets either a cold water hose down or shotgun the next ride, unless the car is really shitty and the owner doesn’t care about muddy seats.
16. It is PAPER, ROCK, and SCISSORS with no shoot. If you must say shoot, it has to be agreed upon by both men and a witness has to be present and somewhat sober.
17. When toasting with beers you clank with the bottom.
18. You poke it you own it.
19. The head nod is an acceptable way to greet another guy when simply walking past. No words are needed to be said. An upward nod is for friends, a downward nod is for fellow men.
20. If a man is on vacation to a state that does not border his own, or any other country, it is not considered cheating if he so chooses to engage in sexual activity with a girl other than his girlfriend. Although he should be fully aware that his girlfriend may not see eye-to-eye if she was to ever find out.
21. A man should not masturbate more than 3 times in a day to ensure being ready for any unknown or known late night action. Assisting girls does not count… rule is an exception if male party is in a bet to set a record of number of times in a day.
22. A man shall never wear any article of women's clothing (I.E … Girls Jeans/Pants!) unless they are the loser of such a bet… or if a man is figuratively in a girl's pants… (Or any other article of clothing).
23. No man in any circumstance, unless mocking a violator of this law, should pop his collar.
24. A man should never be denied the right to adjust himself or place his hands down his pants under any circumstances.
25. Being a pirate should be considered a manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
26. All men must eat meat. A shitload of meat; if not borderline carnivore. For no reason should a man ever be a vegetarian, or eat sick shit like tofu. Also no man should consume any food with the terms "diet", "fat free", or any other healthy suggesting terms for the sake of "watching his weight" or dieting.
27. Every man is required to learn some form of Poker before he dies.
28. If a man ever does something wrong a simple "OOPS", "My Bad", or any variations of cuss words that get the point across will suffice. No need to say "I'm Sorry".
29. No man should ever hook up with his best friend's girl, no matter how hot she is. This is in effect while they are dating or "together." If they are separated, refer to Law 3 for the proper way to handle the situation. (Side Advice: Less guilt is involved if she comes on to you.)
30. Under no circumstance should any one man cockblock another man’s attempt at getting some tang. Let’s just leave that up to the tangs fat friend. Please note that cockblocking will result in a suspension of your Man Status and its privileges, and will result in the title 'Manbitch'.
31. Every man should watch Sportscenter at least once a day, though multiple viewings are recommended so that one can hold his own in any debate on sports that may arise that day.
32. Under no circumstances shall any man lay a hand on a female or a child in violence. Spanking of a woman's ass or pulling of the hair is permitted if done on request. Corporal punishment is permitted excluding obvious extremes. Punishment for the attacking male is that if other men see the assault taking place they having the right to take him out back behind a building and show him how to fight with real men. In this situation more than one man may be used in the attacking of said woman beater because he clearly doesn’t mind an unfair fight, seeing as he was hitting a lady or a child to begin with. A call to the police is a very last resort and should only be used if said male is over 6' 5" 250lb. or an UFC cage fighter. A kick to the crotch is only called for in cases of rape. If it is merely a guy beating a woman, defenseless child, or elderly people then a legitimate beating is called for, but no shots to the crotch. If it is a case of rape however, multiple shots to the crotch are called for. The punishment must fit the crime, and since rape is using that area of the body, it is ok to inflict damage to it.
33. If a woman is present, whether family or friend, no man under any circumstances shall make their own food or pour their own drinks unless it is a special holiday such as: Mother's Day, birthdays, or St. Patrick's Day... or if the woman cannot keep up with the pace you want your drink poured. Law is void if significant grilling is involved.
34. No man shall ever watch a soap opera ever! Period! If this law is broken, it will result in the lowering of status from 'Man' to 'Manbitch' and the questioning of the liking of opposite gendered relationships.
35. Women can't drive.
36. In the court of Man Law the statement "I was Drunk" will have the same effect as an insanity plea (reduced punishment) in standard court provided the defendant's blood alcohol level exceeds .10.
37. If any male is caught violating a Man Law in serious context, as a form of punishment he should be disowned of his manly name, only to receive the title of 'Manbitch' from his peers and colleagues. Forgiveness is pending the severity of the broken law...or a case of beer to all his offended peers as a token of respect to what is manly... and what is not.
38. Any man that is old enough and is not in the army should at least support the troops, even if you don’t agree with the war, they are your countrymen fighting to protect you and you should show them your support.
39. No more crushing of empty beer cans or your forehead. Modern, thinner cans make the feat less impressive than with cans of years' past.
40. If you take beer to a party the tuck rule is in play. When leaving, you may take one beer max, but only if the beer will fit in your pocket.
41. Do not have a conversation at a urinal.
42. A man will not live in his parents' house past the age of 27 unless they are ill or he is in the war.
43. All men have the right to remain silent when asked by a woman, "Do you like this?" And the right to leave the room.
44. Sex is more important than talking.
45. No man under any circumstance shall use lip balm.
46. Grilling, regardless of weather, is always the first choice for cooking.
47. No man shall ever own a dog smaller then a housecat
48. Men will invite other men to Man Law
49. No man shall ever turn down free beer because "it’s not their brand."
50. No man shall be shamed if they are passed out with their shoes off in your place. If the person passes out outside of the house, then they are fair game, shoes or not.
51. It is acceptable for a man to publicly situate and/or scratch himself in the region of the gonads. If at a formal conference, then do so discretely. If at a football party, scratch away, just no handshakes.
52. The morning after, if a beer has been left on the table, no matter the temperature, it is acceptable to consume this item with food, such as its counterpart, cold pizza.
53. If you spill a man’s beer, you buy the next round/refill the cup.
54. Nursing a beer is unacceptable. The bottle/can/cup should never reach lukewarm temperature with beer still in it. If you can’t drink it in said time, don’t open it. If you can’t drink it in said time, your Man Status will be up for review.
55. Always accept beer from a stranger, but only if unopened/capped.
56. It is never a man’s responsibility to empty the trash while drinking. Beer cans may be stacked or crushed, while the bottles may be thrown into neighbor’s lawn.
57. A man does not have to like another man to drink his beer. Beer is beer.
58. It is acceptable for a man to break man laws, if no other option is humanly possible, in the pursuit of the opposite sex. His actions will be given leeway.
59. The bachelor’s party is exclusively male. (Except the entertainment).
60. No man may ever sell a beer to a friend. It’s understood that said friend will repay beer with beer later. Under no circumstance may the replacement beer be of a lesser quality.
61. A man purse is still a purse.
62. No man shall dance for fun unless it’s to increase his chances with a member of the opposite sex.
63. Body paint is only acceptable on a man if it’s on game day and to support his team.
64. No man shall bring a woman to the guys' night out. This is punishable by verbal abuse for life.
65. If you do not sweat, it’s not a sport. (People sweat during Beer Pong.)
66. If a large snake catches a man off guard and bites, said man is allowed to scream once.
67. No man shall wear a beret unless it’s for his military service.
68. When lifting weights, it is acceptable for a man to wear compression shorts under the regular shorts. No man shall ever wear compression shorts alone.
69. No man shall ever, under any circumstance, share an umbrella with another man.
70. No two men are allowed to enter a revolving door together. Unless it involves a race where the winner receives a combination of the following: beer, food, sex.
71. The girl who replies to the question, "What do you want for Christmas?" with, "If you loved me, you'd know what I want," gets an Xbox. End of story.
72. Keeping beer from others by hiding it in the fridge is not permissible. Besides, sharing is caring.
73. Wives and girlfriends may not store items other than beer in the garage fridge. It is for beer only.
74. A man may publicly rebuke another man only if the first man has the man law and number memorized. Otherwise the rebuke must be in private. Furthermore, any man who has the man laws memorized will be deemed a "higher" man.
75. In no situation is it acceptable to sit cross-kneed. You either sit with feet-crossed, no cross, or stand.
76. Men are allowed to lick the plate when done, but only when alone or with other men.
77. A man should be able to determine a diesel engine by sound alone.
78. While smiling, no man shall stick his tongue between his teeth.
79. It should be understood that while, yes, cheerleading is not a sport, it is perfectly accepted to watch.
80. If a man is punched, and the hit is rubbed, he is punched again in the same area twice.
81. A man should be able to lucidly explain the rules of one or more of the following sports: Football (not the European kind), Baseball, Lacrosse, or Ice Hockey.
82. The dressing of any pet for any reason is not acceptable. Any garment that is not a part of the animal shall not be allowed to be attached to that animal. Exceptions are collars, leashes, etc. Exception to this rule are monkeys.
83. Under no circumstances shall any man drink wine cooler... ever... unless beer or liquor is completely unattainable. This includes anything (non liquor) fruit flavored that comes in a bottle.
84. Under no circumstances shall a man ever defer control of the television remote to a female.
85. There are three reasons for which a man is allowed to cry.
86. When watching a "catfight" it is perfectly acceptable to choose sides. It is also perfectly acceptable to pray for rippage of clothing.
87. When in a public shower, no man will look below the shoulders. Also, no eye-to-eye contact for more than one second is allowed. If eye contact occurs, nod upwards, and look away.
88. No man under any circumstances should have to explain the use of a power tool to another man.
89. Never should man give a woman the credit card. No exceptions.
90. No man should talk on a telephone to a girl longer than he will have sex with her.
91. Every man should smoke at least one premium cigar in his life. Not any swisher sweet crap either. Cohiba, Monte Cristo, CAO.
92. No man shall ever read an instruction manual. If the man does not know how to use the item, trial and error shall be used until the correct function is determined.
93. No man shall be held accountable for any promise he makes while drunk unless it was a bet.
94. When questioned by a friend's girlfriend, you need not and should not provide any information as to his whereabouts. You are even permitted to deny his very existence.
95. Unless he murdered someone in your immediate family, you must bail a friend out of jail within 24 hours.
96. A best man's toast may not include any of the following phrases, "Down in Tijuana," "One time when we were all piss drunk," or "And this girl had the biggest rack you ever saw."
97. You may exaggerate any anecdote told to your friends by 50% without recrimination. Beyond that anyone within earshot is allowed to yell out "bullshit!" (Exception: when trying to pick up a girl, the allowable exaggeration is 400%)
98. The minimum amount of time you have to wait for another man is 5 minutes. The maximum is 6 minutes. For a girl, you are required to wait 10 minutes for every point of hotness she scores on the classic 1-10 scale.
99. Bitching about the brand of free beverages in your buddy's refrigerator is forbidden. But gripe at will if the temperature is not suitable.
100. A friend must be permitted to borrow anything you own -grill, car, firstborn child- within 12 hr notice. Women or anything considered "lucky" are not applicable in this case.
101. Falling on a grenade for a buddy (agreeing to distract the skanky friend of the hot babe he's trying to score) is your legal duty. But should you get carried away with your good deed and end up getting on the beast, your pal is forbidden to ever speak of it.
102. Women who claim they "love to watch sports" must be treated as spies until they demonstrate knowledge of the game and the ability to pick a Buffalo wing clean.
103. No man shall ever be required to buy a birthday present for another man. (In fact, even remembering your best friend’s birthday is optional.)
104. You must offer heartfelt condolences over the death of a girlfriend’s cat, even if it was you who secretly set it on fire and threw it into a ceiling fan.
105. When stumbling upon other guys watching a sporting event, you may always ask the score of the game in progress, but you may never ask who's playing. You should know such things.
106. If your girlfriend asks to set your friend up with her ugly, whiny, loser friend of hers, you must grant permission, but only if you have ample time to warn your friend to prepare his excuse about joining the priesthood.
107. When picking players for sports teams it is permissible to skip over your buddy in favor of better athletes - as long as you don’t let him be the last sorry son of a bitch standing on the sideline.
108. Never join your girlfriend in ragging on a buddy of yours... unless she is withholding sex, pending your response.
109. You cannot rat out a friend who shows up to work or class with a massive hangover, however you may: hide the aspirin, smear his chair with limburger cheese, turn the brightness on his computer way down so he thinks it’s broken, or have him paged every seven minutes.
110. The morning after you and a babe, who was formerly "just a friend", go at it, the fact that you're feeling weird and guilty is no reason not to jump on her again before there is a discussion about what a big mistake it was.
111. Everybody is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day. And as such said people must consume alcohol on St. Patrick’s Day. Green and/or gold body paint may be worn, but no glitter.
112. When passing another man in a tight area where contact is possible, hole-to-hole or pole-to-pole are only acceptable. If it is pole-to-pole no eye contact should be made. If any detour from this is spotted by any onlooking men, possible labels such as "Fag" may be deemed necessary, resulting immediate demotion in man status.