Author has written 1 story for Inheritance Cycle.
Date of birth: April 24 (4 days after Hitler's b-day)
Name: Really I'm going to tell you hint: it's a group of letters
Ethnic group: Black(African American)
Place of residency: somewhere in the universe
X men evolution( Nightcrawler)
Kung fu panda show and movies( Tigress)
Avatar the last airbender (Tof)
Inheritance cycle ( Saphira and Thorn)
My little pony Friendship is magic(Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash and Spike)
Artemis fowl ( Holly)
Teen Titans(Beast Boy and Raven)
Nightcrawler and Scarlet Witch
Rouge and Gambit
Storm and Beast or Wolverine
Saphira and Thorn
Eragon and Arya
Murtagh and Nasuada
Tigress and Po or Tia lung
Crane and Viper
Beast boy and Raven
Cyborg and Bumblebee
Copy and Pastes
"In hoc signo vinces." (In this sign, you will conquer).
If you have a tendency to repeat profile copy-and-pastes, post this in your profile.
If you have ever thought If I was Bella Swan, I'd tell Edward to go duel Jacob for my hand, and then run as far away as possible while they were busy, post this on your profile.
If you've ever thought, Holly! Artemis! What the bloody heck are you doing fighting Opal? Don't you know that Edward and Jacob are the root of all evil?!?! post this in your profile.
If you're a real-life grammar b* and have to stop yourself from correcting people ("Um, hello, people, it's worse, not badder.") copy this into your profile.
If you've looked a gift lama in the mouth, and soon found that they spit, post this in your profile.
I'd rather stand have to before God after living my whole life as an atheist, only to find out he's real, and say "I lived my life as a kind atheist," than to stand before God after living my whole life as a Christian and shunning people with different beliefs, and say "I lived my life as a bad Christian." If you're a die-hard Christian like me, but haven't got a problem with people with other beliefs, post this in your profile.
Why is it that when someone tells you that there are over a billion stars in the universe, you believe them, but if there is a 'wet paint' sign somewhere, you have to touch it to make sure?
Why do you press harder on a remote control when you know the battery is dead?
92 percent of teens would die if someone told them it was uncool to breathe. Copy this into your profile if you would be part of the 8 percent still alive. And would be laughing your backside off!
If you've ever wondered what you are like in another dimension, copy and paste this in your profile.
If you've ever burst out laughing in a quiet room, add this to your profile.
If you have a tendency to talk to yourself, copy and paste this into your profile.
If you've ever found yourself talking to your own fictional character in a story you made up, copy and paste this into your profile.(I have entire Universes in my head)
If you're fricken crazy and proud of it, copy and paste this onto your profile.
"Oh, you don't like me because I'm Catholic? That's okay, I love you anyway."- Anyonymous.
If you've ever threatened your computer, copy and paste this into your profile.
On a Sears hairdryer: Do not use while sleeping. ( that's the only time I have to work on my hair).
(Feel free to add your own below this).
On the Twizzlers Popsicles: Warning! Contents may be cold! (Because I like my popsicles hot an' toasty!)
Now that you've smiled at least once, it's your turn to spread the stupidity copy and paste this into your profile! XD
A white man said,
The black man turned around and stood up. He then said:
"Listen sir...when I was born I was BLACK When I grew up I was BLACK, When I'm sick I'm BLACK, When I go in the sun I'm BLACK, When I'm cold I'm BLACK, When I die I'll be BLACK. But you sir. When you are born you're PINKWhen you grow up you're WHITE, When you're sick, you're GREEN, When you go in the sun you turn RED, When you're cold you turn BLUE, And when you die you turn PURPLE. And you have the nerve to call me colored?"
The black man then sat back down and the white man walked away... Put this on your page if you HATE discrimination.
If you think the Coa-coa Puff Turky Bird thing shoud go to rehab, copy this into your profile.
98% of teenagers do drugs, have sex, and drink alcohol...put this in your profile if you like bagels.
A 15 year old girl holds hands with her 1 year old son. People call her a "slut", no one knows she was raped at age 13. People call another guy "fat", no one knows he has a serious disease causing him to be overweight. People call an old man "ugly", no one knows he experienced a serious injury to his face while fighting for our country in the war. Re-post this if you are against bullying and stereotyping. I bet 88% of you won't...
A large percent of writers don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". If you're one of the ones who does know and wants to slug them, copy and paste this into your profile.
Even when you cant see Him, GOD is there! If you believe in GOD put this in your profile.
Drugs are bad news. Spread the word. Too many people are on crack. If you're not, copy this into your profile.
If you think that the kids should stop chasing Lucky and leave the leprechaun alone, then copy and paste this into your profile.
I have come to a conclusion. The reason smart kids hate school is the same reason not-so-smart kids do: it wastes time on stupid things when I could be doing better stuff. If you agree, copy and paste into your profile.
You know you're a Catholic if...
1. You know where the last World Youth Day was (country or city).
2. You WENT to World Youth Day.
3. The words 'Vatican II' actually mean something to you.
4. You know why the Pope always wears those cool red shoes. : )
5. Late-night mass and/or youth group are the only ways you wanna spend your Sunday nights.
6. You've ever wondered how the heck Jesus saw Zacchaeus way up in that tree.
7. You can list the Stations of the Cross (almost) in order.
8. You have a favorite scripture verse (fill yours in here): "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." (Philippians 3:14)
9. You've seen Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ... and bawled your eyes out.
10. You feel depressed on Good Friday.
11. Christmas and Easter mean a heck of a lot more than candy canes and peeps to you.
12. You've got a patron saint, and even perhaps their medal.
13. Pope John Paul II is one of your heroes.
14. You know the order of lighting the candles in an advent wreath.
15. You know what it's like to forget EVERYTHING you were going to say once you got into the confessional.
16. ...And then remembered it right after you walk out again.
17. You can pronounce the words 'Magnanimity' and 'Pusillanimity' without sounding like Nemo trying to say "An anemone."
18. You hated being one of the people in the 'crowds' during Sunday-school reenactments of the Crucifixion.
19. You don't care if saying 'Jesus' is politically incorrect.
20. You wish you spoke latin, because everything sounds cooler in latin.
21. The phrase, "That awkward moment when..." Applies to when your phone went off in the middle of the priest's homily.
22. You'd be willing to die if someone pointed a gun to your head and asked, "Do you believe in Jesus Christ?"
23. You think the martyrs are like the coolest people EVAH!
24. You know every word to Joy to the World, whether you like it or not.
25. You know the entirety of the song "Sanctuary," and it brings back more good memories than you can count.
26. Youth retreats are a worthwhile way to spend your weekend.
27. You're named after a saint or someone in the Bible, and you know all about them.
28. When you were little, you ever wondered why Mommy and Daddy couldn't share their 'bread' with you when you were hungry during mass.
29. You know the difference between 'Cradle Catholic' and 'Convert,' and you're proud to be either one.
30. You once had a crush on someone who's probably going to end up in a convent/seminary.
31. You wish you could remember where the heck your purity ring is, because it's bugging you not to have it on.
32. You know the radio numbers for the Christian rock stations in your area.
33. Your iPod has more Christian rock songs on it than hip-hop.
34. One of the things on your bucket list is to see the Shroud of Turin.
35. You can quote Soul Surfer line-for-line.
36. You really and sincerely hope that God actually looks like Morgan Freeman (the one who played God in Evan Almighty).
37. You own a relic, of any class.
38. You hope they don't ever switch the mass order on you again, because you just got used to this one.
39. Rome is the coolest place on earth and you really really really want to go there someday.
40. You know which saint to ask to intercede (NOT PRAY TO, ASK!!!) for you for every minor problem.
41. You've prayed before finals.
42. "In this sign, you will conquer" is one of your favorite quotes.
43. You can only wish you were the genius Thomas Aquinas was.
44. You know people who can name all the books of the Bible in order, even if you can't.
45. You ask God to forgive your enemies, because frankly you're having trouble with it at the moment.
46. The word 'secular' makes you sad inside.
47. You feel weird saying the Angelus without genuflecting.
48. You know of only one person who's had his foot in his mouth more times than you, and his name was Simon Peter.
49. You can finish this sentence in either the old or the new translation: "I believe in God the Father, almighty make of Heaven and Earth..."
50. You believe in the phrase, "For God so loved the world, He gave His only begotten Son, so that whoever shall believe in Him shall not perish."
If you smiled at any of these, or they've happened to you,copy and paste this into your profile. GO CATHOLICISM!
Things I dislike on FF.net:
1.) People that are too bloody full of themselves and create lists like these where they repeatedly bash other authors because of story quality. Seriously, people, everyone's got their own style. Bug off.
People are strange, messed up, wacko, and crazy. Humans are by far the most dangerous species on this planet. We have guns. We kill each other for no good reason. We fall in love, destroying friendships and family ties. We have ceremonies to finalize said love, many of which end in tragedy. We destroy the land around us. We make buildings as tall as mountains, and yet forget about our brothers and sisters who live in huts, hiding from the cold. We are officially nuts, and if an animal ever walked up to us and said so, we'd probably scream our heads off and shoot it.
We also invented amazing technology. We defend what we know is right, no matter what the personal cost. We love and receive love, taking and giving that which is true and beautiful. We marry, thus bringing our union to our Higher Power (whether he be God, Allah, Buddha, or anyone else) and putting our faith into His hands. We plant trees and try to save the rain forests. We organize missions and try to help the less fortunate. We have achieved wonders, found passion, survived in the toughest of circumstances, risen above ourselves for the good of all, triumphed when the entire world is against us, and are determined to make this earth a better place.
We are people. We are brothers, sisters, family and friends. We are forever united, because of who we are, what we do, and what we dream of achieving. We are humanity.
Well, as many of you have probably seen, there is a copy/paste out there that says something like "The perfect boyfriend," or "The kind of boyfriend I am" or something like that. In any case, I agree with most of what is on it.
There is one bit in there that irritates me. It goes something along the lines of "When your girlfriend hits you because she thinks she is stronger than you, grab her hands and never let her go."
Excuse me???In ANY case, there are some few ground rules about this kind of thing that my parents told me a long time ago, and that I still abide by: 1.) No girl should EVER beat up on her boyfriend! Girls, I don't care if you're the Olympic judo champion, neither your strength, size, or ability gives you the right to hit your boyfriend! IT HURTS JUST AS MUCH FOR A GUY TO GET HIT AS IT DOES FOR A GIRL!!! 2.) No guy should ever hit a girl. Ever. It's that simple. If your mother and father did not tell you that it is wrong for you to hit a girl, then let me set you straight: many- not all, but many- girls are not as strong as their male counterparts. That does not, I repeat does not give you the right to hit her. The rule for girls is the same as the guys: do not hit your partner. 3.) IF YOUR GIRL/BOYFRIEND IS BEATING YOU, BREAK UP WITH HER/HIM. I don't care if he/she says that they will hurt you, your family, themselves, or do anything else, you get out of that relationship! Note: DO NOT GO ALONE! Be in a place with witnesses and people to help you if he/she causes trouble. NEVER break up with an abuser in a secluded place.
I don't mean to sound judgmental or preachy, but to hit your partner (and please understand, I don't mean in self-defense or the occasional playful tap on the shoulder) is abuse. It's no different than someone who beats up little kids or animals. It is abuse, and IT IS ILLEGAL.
(If you agree that nobody, guy or girl, should ever abuse their partner, copy and paste this into your profile)
I'm BLONDE, so I MUST be a ditz
I'm a GAY RIGHTS SUPPORTER, so I WILL go to hell.
I'm an ONLY CHILD so I MUST be spoiled.
I'm a TEENAGER, so I MUST have a STEREOTYPE.
I'm a Christian, therefore I MUST hate Darwin, Evolution and Science.
I WEAR A BIG SUNHAT when I go outside, so I MUST be stupid.
I care about the ENVIRONMENT...I MUST be a tree hugging hippy
I'm PAGAN so I MUST sacrifice babies and drink the blood of virgins
I have OCD, so I MUST be a psychotic freak.
I'm a CHRISTIAN, so I MUST hate everyone who's: gay, atheist, non-Christian, or a sinner.
I am a HUMAN BEING, so I MUST be stereotyped.
And now, a laugh from (believe it or not) Scripture
Sermon on the Mount; Peter is with Jesus, as well as the the glowing figures of Moses and Elijah...
Peter: "Lord, it is good that we are here! Let me make three tents: one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah!"
FFcrazy15: "And I brought the marshmallows and grahm crackers! Hey, did someone remember the campfire stuff and banjo? Because, seriously, you can't have a Holy Campfire without a banjo!"
Peter: (glares at FFcrazy15) "Shuddup."
Best Quotes EVAH!!!
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." -Rhett Butler, Gone With the Wind
"Funny when you're dead how people start to listen." -The Band Perry, If I Die Young (Song)
"You will always remember this as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow." -Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp), Pirates of the Caribbean, The Curse of the Black Pearl
"When Cameron was in Egypt's land, let my Cameron go." - Cameron, Ferris Bueller's Day Off
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller's Day Off
"Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond." - Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Po: I just found out that my dad... isn't really my dad.
Tigress (a little surprised): Your dad the goose... Must've been quite a shock.
-Kung Fu Panda 2
"Can I interest you in a plastic baby doll with a dented head?" - Sandy, Get Well Soon
"Bloody hell!" - Ronald Weasly, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Movie # 4)
"Look at that, Abu. It's not every day you see a horse with two rear ends." - Aladdin, Aladdin
"Tonight, the part of Al will be played by a tall, dark and sinister ugly man." - Genie, Aladdin
"I need my geese." -Haymitch Abernatyh, as portrayed by KelsNicole in her story Effie and Haymitch: Always my Sweetheart.
Just a fun fact, but Butler has twenty-seven different types of weaponry on hand at the moment and he is fairly adept at using thirty-five of those. So, if you pleaseArtemis Fowl, as portrayed by LuckyLink7 in her story, Wreaking Havoc.
"If you continue down your current path, you will find yourself... at the bottom of the stairs." - Soothsayer, Kung Fu Panda 2
"I hope this turns out better than your plan to cook rice in your stomach and then drinking boiling water." - Tigress,Kung Fu Panda 2
Shen: One panda lives. That does not make you right.
Soothsayer: You're right. Being right makes me right.
"This might hurt, it's not safe, but I know that I've got to make a change. I don't care if I break, at least I'll be feeling something." -Matthew West, The Motions
So yeah, as you already know if you've read this entire thing, I've got OCD. Now, before someone goes off on the Monk jokes here, let me just make one thing very clear: I'm not sensitive about a lot of stuff. The list includes mainly three things: being picked on, seeing someone else get picked on, and someone making OCD wisecracks. I've heard people I greatly respect talk about people with OCD and call them 'losers' (they don't know I have it), and let me tell you, that tested my temper more than just about anything. So, in order to keep my temper, sanity, and maybe make this world a better place, let me give you a brief overview on OCD:
OCD stands for Obsessive-compulsive Disorder. Simply put, this means that we obsess over something that is unlikely to happen (the house burning down because you left the stove on, someone robbing you because you didn't lock the doors, hurting people you care about because you were careless or acted inappropriately, etc.), and then perform a compulsion (washing hands, checking locks, counting, tapping, blinking, etc.) to try to get rid of it (except for the people with 'Pure O' which means they just obsess and don't necessarily do a compulsion). For instance, I count fives and blink in fives, worry about symmetry, and check my garbage before I throw it out. Some people wash hands, rearrange their rooms, or constantly check their locks. My case is very mild; it doesn't take a lot for me to control the compulsions. In this, I am lucky; there are many people out there with worse cases than myself.
Now, if there's one thing that would make me mad enough to kill a bull with my bare hands, it would be someone calling me 'crazy,' 'nuts,' 'freak,' or the R word. The loser thing was enough to make me rant for a good half hour to a close friend of mine.
So, the moral of the story is, next time you want to make a joke about us 'crazy' people, or even THINK about saying the word 'retarded,' stop and think about how you would feel if someone said that to YOU.
That being said, let's add some humor to this crazy disorder:
Po: Whatcha doing?
Tigress: Don't bug me right now, panda.
Po: Come on, tell me what you're doing!
Tigress: *sighs in annoyance* I have to do this technique absolutely perfect seventeen times!
Po: Huh? Why?
Tigress: My gods, panda, just go away!
Po: Tell me! Please! Tell me tell me tell me!
Mantis: *Off to the side* I wonder if we should tell him about her OCD?
Note: I reserve the right to chew out any flamers, cursers, or people that don't have the decency to use correct grammar in their reviews. I'm not saying I will, but hey, do you want to risk it?
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you stare at a pencil and laugh when someone asks you what you are doing that is so interesting about the eraser. Crazy is when you have an hour-long sob fest, and then start singing and dancing when your favorite song comes on. Crazy is when you do or say a completely random thing, like "Do you ever wonder where the eraser bits go?" or having a thumbwar with yourself. Crazy is when you type up all your favorite sayings, print them off and tape them to your wall, just for something to do. Crazy is when you memorize the complete biographies and physical traits of every character in Twilight (or almost, at least). Crazy is when you write Emmett or Edward Cullen is hot on your homework instead of doing it. Crazy is when you act completely, well, crazy and make a total fool of yourself and don’t even care. Crazy is when you dedicate your entire being (every cell in your body) to Eragon, Star Wars, and fanfiction. Crazy is when you go into build-a-bear workshop and walk up to little kids saying "That's my favourite bear" in a creepy voice and then run like heck when their soccer-mums glare at you. Crazy is when you get jacked up on sugar on your school excursion to bush gardens, laugh for two hours straight WHILE riding rollercaosters, then still laugh after you get slapped by your friends, and they pour a cold water on you, and you just stop suddenly, and when they asked why you laughed you say " I felt like it." Crazy is when you claim you can walk on water and then get your best friend to hold you by your waist in the air and you move your legs in a walking movement (It works!!) Crazy is when you fight with your friend over which vegetable you want to be. Crazy is when you say pineapple and then threaten to slap someone if they even mention the word; claiming that it's yours. Crazy is when you have a whole glass of coke in one go and go so hyper you laugh for several hours straight and bounce on your knees on your friend's bed until it breaks (it was an accident okay). Crazy is when you walk up to random people in the swimming pool and do a Rose Tyler impersonation and ask what planet your on. Crazy is when you walk up to someone you've never seen before in the street and sprout some random technobabble that ends with "And that's why you should always carry a banana around with you." Crazy is when you ruin your science exams by answering them using only Gallifreyan numerals and covering it in other random...alien symbols, and then trying to pass it off as legitimate to the Head of Department, by claiming that really, you honestly are a timelady from the planet Gallifrey. Crazy is when you insist on dressing up as Doctor Who characters for an Olympic themed fundraiser, then end up going as an Olympic Torch instead! Crazy is when you can't sit in Physics without nicking the teacher's shaky thing! Crazy is when you do a headstand against you classroom wall and start to sing "By the Sea" from Sweeney Todd. Crazy is when you try to stuff King size chocolate bar wrappers down the toilet. Crazy is when you start rambling on about the physical abilities of pants. Crazy is when you're best friend calls you at 11 at night and you are so tired that you think its 11 in the morning. Crazy is when you text your friend when you're high off of air at midnight and start telling them that a bear was mating with the guy you like. Crazy is when you and your best friend have an hour long fight over which anime character in a show is better by coming up with stupid reasons. Crazy is when you ask your little sibling if he/she's thrown the decapitated horse head into the closet yet. If you're crazy and crazy about it, copy this onto your profile and add something crazy you've done too.
The Alphabet of Questions
A – Accidents
01. Have you ever been in a car accident? Not yet...
B – Beauty
06. Do you consider yourself beautiful? Well, I'm 'made in the image of God,' so if you wanna call God beautiful, then yes.
C – Consequences
11. What was the longest amount of time you’ve been grounded for? Depends. I've technically only ever been grounded for two weeks, but two weeks after two weeks after two weeks...
D – Dealing
16. When you are mad at someone, how do you show them? Depends on who it is. I either explode or shut the heck up, depending on how much influence they have.
E – Experience
21. Have you ever had a job? Any volunteer jobs? Yep.
F – Family
26. Is there anyone in your family you don’t talk to? Why?Well, I talk to the people in my family, but I don't talk to them. Some things are just better kept personal.
G – Growing
31. How tall are you? How tall do you wish you were? No comment.
H – Hope
36. Love – real or not? Real and infinite.
I – Issues
41. Do you suffer from depression or constant sadness/loneliness? Not anymore.
J – Jokes
46. Say a word or phrase that would not be funny to anyone but you & one of your friends (an inside joke) "Dot dot dot."
K – Knowledge
51. The purpose of school: to learn, to cause trouble or to hang out with friends? Learning.
L – Love
56. Are you currently in love? If not, have you been before?I've been in love... just never with someone who loves me back.
57. Do people around you show you a lot of love (tell you they love you, hug you, kiss you, etc.)? Sometimes...
M – Money
61. Do you believe that money makes the world go round?Money is important, but not that important.
N – Naughty
66. Are you a virgin? Yep. I will be until I'm married, if I have any say in the matter.
O – Openness
71. How long does it take for you to open up to someone?Depends on who it is.
73. Are you generally untrusting towards people because of past experiences, or any other reason? I trust them on the outside... but it takes time for them to get into the inside.
74. When are you comfortable with someone sexually?When I'm wearing their ring.
P – Positive
76. Have you ever had an experience with someone that didn’t necessarily end positively? If so, would you rather erase the memory of that person because of the sad times or keep the memory of that person because of the good times? Yes, I did, and no, I wouldn't. I wouldn't be the same person today if I hadn't had those experiences.
Q – Questions
81. When faced with a problem, do you ask for help or try to figure it out yourself? Depends on the problem. If it's a little problem, like where the soap is, I'll ask, but for the big ones, I usually don't ask until I know I'm out of luck.
R – Respect
86. How do you show respect? Depends whom I'm respecting. If it's God, there's no limit. If it's my homeroom teacher, then I'll shut up and listen when they're talking.
S – School
91. If you are still in school, what grade will you be going into? No comment.
T – Temptation
96. Have you ever done something wrong, knowing it was wrong, because something inside of you said it was okay? If you know it's wrong, then why would something inside you say it's okay? That's a little contradictory... I have done things other PEOPLE tell me to be wrong because I believe it's right, though.
U – Unique
102. Do you do a lot of things because your friends are doing it? If it's GOOD, yes. If it's bad, no.
V – Value
106. What’s the most expensive thing in your room? My computer.
W – Wishes
111. If you had three wishes, what would they be? World peace, return of all non-church-going Catholics, for every atheist to know they're loved by God.
Y – You
121. Are you more independent or social? Independent, though I can fake social when I need to.
Z – Zest
126. Are you currently happy with your life? Why or why not? I'm happy with what I have, but I'm still waiting.
You're a 90's kid if:
You can finish this 'ice ice _'
"I will admit that not everything I say is right. However, when I am right, it doesn't matter what your arguments against it are; right is always going to be right, and no amount of statistics, facts, supporting evidence or, when all else fails, insults, are going to change truth." -Me
"Truth is not determined by a majority vote."- Doug Gwyn, as quoted by Pope Benedict XVI
According to Matthew Kelly in his book, Rediscovering Catholicism, "Truth be told, we shouldn't be surprised that, during my short lifetime, more than six times the number of people murdered in the atrocity we call the Holocaust have fallen victim to abortion in the United States alone." If this shocked you, copy and paste it into your profile.
You're driving home from work next Monday after a long day. You tune in your radio. You hear a blurb about a little village in India where some villagers have died suddenly, strangely of a flu that has never been seen before. It's not influenza, but three or four people are dead, and it's kind of interesting, and they are sending some doctors over there to investigate it. You don't think much about it, but coming home from church on Sunday you hear another radio spot. Only they say it's not three villagers, it's 30,000 villagers in the back hills of this particular area of India, and it's on TV that night. CNN runs a little blurb: people are heading there from the disease center in Atlanta because this disease strain has never been seen before.
By Monday morning when you get up, it's the lead story. It's not just India; it's Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, and before you know it, you're hearing this story everywhere, and they have now coined it as "the mystery flu." The President has made some comment that he and his family are praying and hoping that all will go well over there. But everyone is wondering, "How are we going to contain it?"
That's when the President of France makes an announcement that shocks Europe. He is closing their borders. No flights from India, Pakistan, or any of the couuntrieies where this thing has been seen. And that's why that night you are watching a little bit of CNN before going to bed. Your jaw hits your chest when a weeping woman is translated into English from a French news program. There's a man lying in a hospital in Paris, dying of the mystery flu. It has come to Europe.
Panic strikes. As best they can tell, after contracting the disease, you have it for a week before you even know it. Then you have four days of unbelieveable symptoms. And then you die. Britain closes its borders, but it's too late. South Hampton, Liverpool, North Hampton, and it's Tuesday morning when the President of the United States makes the following announcement: "Due to a national-scurity risk, all flights to and from Europe and Asia have been canceled. If your loved ones are overseas, I'm sorry. They cannont come back until we find a cure for this thing.
Within four days, our nation has been plunged into an unbelievable fear. People are wondering, "What if it comes to this country?" And preachers on Tuesday are saying it's the scourge of God. It's Wednesday night, and you are at a church prayer meeting when somebody runs in from the parking lot and yells, "Turn on a radio, turn on a radio!" and while everyone in the church listens to a transistor rario with a microphone stuck up to it, the announcement is made. Two women are lying int a Long Island hospital, dying from the mystery flu. Within hours it seems, the disease envelops the country.
People are working around the clock, trying to find an antidote. Nothing is working California, Oregon, Arizona, Florida, Massa chusetts. It's as though it's just sweeping in from the borders.
And then all of a sudden the news comes out. The code hs been broken. A cure can be found. A fvaccine can be made. It's going to take the blood of somebody who hasn't been infected an so, sure enough, all through the Midwest, through all those channels of emergency broadcasting, everyone is asked to do one simple thing: Go to your down-town hospital an dhave your bood analyzed. That's all we ask of you. When you hear the sirens go off in your neighborhood, please make your way quickly, quietly, and safely to the hospitals.
Sure enough, when you and your family get down there late on that Friday night, there is a long line, and they've got nurses and doctors coming out and pricking fingers and taking blood and putting labels on it. Your spouse and your kids are out there, and they take your blood and say, "wait here in the parking lot, and if we call your name you can be dismissed and go home. You stand around, scared, with your neighbors, wondering what on earth is going on, aand if this is the end of the world.
Suddenly, a young an runs out of the hospital screaming. He's yelling a name and waving a clipboard. What? He yells it again! And your son tugs on your jacket and says, "Daddy, that's me." Before you know it, htey have grabbed your boy. "Wait a minute. Hold on!" And they say, "It's okay, his blood is clean. His blood is pure. We want to make sure he doesn't have the disease. We think he has the right blood type."
Five tense minutes later, out come the doctors and nurses crying and hugging one another- some are even crying. It's the first time you have seen anybody laugh in a week, and an old doctor runs up to you and sayds, "Thank you, sir. Your son's blood is perfect. It's clean, it is pure, and we can make the vaccine."
As the word begins to spread all across that parking lot full of folks, people are screaming and praying and laughing and crying. But then the gray-haired doctor pulls you and your wife aside and says, ""May we see you for a moment? We didn't realize that the donor would be a minor and we... we need you to sign a consent for."
You begin to sigh, and then you see that the box for the number of pints of blood to be taken is empty. "H-h-how many pints?" And that is when the old doctor's smile fades, and he says, "We had no idea it would be a little child. We weren't prepared. We need it all!" "But... but... I don't understand. He's my only son!" "We are talking about the whole world here. Please sign We... we... need to hurry!"
"But can't you give him a transfusion?" "If we had clean blood we would. Please, will you please sign?"
In numb silence you do. Then they say, "Would you like to have a moment with him before we begin?"
Could you walk back? Could you walk back to that room where he sits on a table saying, "Daddy? Mommy? What's going on?" Could you take his hands and say, "SOn, your mommy and I love you, and we would never, ever let anything happen to you that didn't just have to be! Do you understand that?" And when the old doctor comes back and says, "II'm sorry, we've got to get started. People all over the world are dying," could you leave? Could you walk out while he is saying, "Dad? Mom? Dad? Why... why have you abandoned me?"
And then next week, when they have the ceremony to honor your son, and some folks sleep through it, and some folks don't even bother to come because they have better things to do, and some folks come with a pretentious smile and just pretend to care, would you want to jump up and say, "EXCUSE ME! MY SON DIED FOR YOU! DON'T YOU EVEN CARE? DOES IT MEAN NOTHING TO YOU?"
I wonder if this is what God wants to say? "MY SON DIED FOR YOU! DOES IT MEAN NOTHING? DON'T YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I CARE?"
-From Matthew Kelly's book, Rediscovering Catholicism. If this horrified you in any way or made your heart ache, copy and paste this in your profile.
Atheism: the disbelief in over twenty thousand crazy things I can prove happened.
You tell me which is more irrational.
"Why am I a Christian? Because in the end, this is who I am: a scared little child, lying on the floor of my bedroom, clutching a cross made somewhere in El Salvador to my chest because it's the only sign I've ever had that there's someone out there who loves me so unconditionally, it doesn't matter what I do wrong. It doesn't matter who I disappoint. It doesn't matter how many horrendous flaws I have, or how selfish, lazy, or undeserving I am, or how big of a failure I may be. This cross reminds me of the most important message anyone has ever been told: I am loved." - Me
Unsafe External Link