Poll: If there is one fanfic you wish me to continue/update, which would it be? Vote Now!
Author has written 20 stories for Doctor Who, Rise of the Guardians, Harry Potter, Thor, Daredevil, and Avengers.
I'm Nikki Pond! Just a psych major who has an obsession with mocha frappe. If you want to know my Hogwarts' and Ilvermorny Houses, I am sorted in Ravenclaw and Thunderbirds. And a fan of multiple fandoms.
(10/10/20) - I'm sad cuz around July 2020, I made a 3rd of an attempt of writing The Hidden Perspective (sequel to The Hidden Spirit) and it got deleted along with my unfinished drafts like Kinship when my laptop crashed. Pretty sad since it was around 2k words and I have been pretty hype of that fic. Idk if I can get around with fanfiction even with the pandemic issue, I still have online classes and org duties. Unfortunately, I might publish plot bunnies but never intend to complete the story. It's just wrapping around my head. But if I have time, I'm definitely going to focus The Hidden Perspective after the book was finished like 5 years ago? Wow. But I can't promise I would be able to finish the story
(11/13/20) - Weirdly, I have been rereading Loki fanfics and I can't help but think two particular Loki projects of mine that I have outlined and planned. The former is on writer's block and the latter never published. So when I checked the former's folder (Loki's Legend: Falling) ITS AN ABSOLUTE BEAST. LIKE THERE'S 60K words of my outline/notes on that fic but I have always struggled dealing the beginning of the story whereas the middle/ending are easier and outlined. So overall, I'm thinking of doing The Hidden Perspective and Falling.
(1/21/21) - In regards to Falling, I do have an outline plan per chapter and even its sequels. Yes, my most ambitious long-term fanfic series and I don't think I have ever COMPLETED a series and it's been years since I actually have written a long-fanfic that i actually manage to complete, so this will be a struggle for me to do while I have rl to juggle. CH 2 is currently in works and according to my word document, The Culver University is around 7k words at the moment. And that means I have the draft of it around 4-5 chapters ahead now since I plan to split it. The chapters might be short but it also means the updates are frequent which I plan maybe once or twice a week. And I prefer to have the chapters written in-advance because my notes are messy and I tend to go back and re-edit the scenes because it's necessary to the plot. The sure thing is that I WILL update the next chapter.
Tbh, I'm not confident I can deliver Falling to the best of its abilities or write convincing characters. So I'm not sure I can write Loki because he has a tricky mindset and tends to be an unreliable narrator. It's actually a bit scary because there are scenes I wish for him to notice, but he doesn't cuz he's too distracted by his own thoughts.
MY LIST OF WORKS
In here are my listed works. Some are a work-in-progress and some complete. But they are all currently on the stage of ‘Revision & Editing’. I apologize the late-updates as some of my works are set HIATUS at the moment till I have limited time to do so, due to my real life and certain obligations thus rearranging my priorities.
Accidentally (Doctor Who)
Don’t Play with the Dead (Thor)
Hope and Fun (Rise of the Guardian)
It's like chess (Avengers/Daredevil)
Repulse (Harry Potter)
The Hidden Spirit (Harry Potter/Rise of the Guardians)
Unfortunate (Harry Potter)
1. Everyone could be a hero
3. Stop and Think
4. Facial Recognition Software Failure
5. Insanely Hot
6. Law is not perfect
7. True Beauty
Loki’s Legend (Thor/Avengers/MCU)
Vigilante’s Consequences (Daredevil/MCU)
1. Clash of Heroes
THE HIDDEN series (ROTG/HP crossover)
So even though it has been years since The Hidden Spirit finished, there is of course a story that is untold that I have been meaning to get around with it, but I lost my motivation to write the sequel because (REAL LIFE AND COLLEGE). I really want to reveal the storyline I have made regards to the mysteries surrounding it. I promise I do know what's going on with Jack and the characters behind the scenes, and I am DYING to reveal it to you. I still have my notes and I honestly just have trouble how to make the sequel better than its predecessor.
So while I outline some details, I'll put some of the notes about The Hidden Spirit (spoiler alert! don't read below if you have not read it) and my progress so far:
(1) I'm obsessed with complicated characters, especially flawed ones. And what mainly motivates me to write The Hidden Spirit is the character development I have made with my version of Jack Black. He is based on Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians, yes, but I made changes in his background thus he has a different personality and approach to my story. I REALLY love him, but sadly, he is not the protagonist and not much of his POV in the story, thus his character remains mysterious and kind of leaves you second-guessing. It pleases me that Jack is sorted to Slytherin, which fits his character. ANYWAY, this is an AU.
(2) Not only did I made changes in Jack, but I also made changes in Harry Potter universe in order to fit the storyline. For example, Harry already learns about the scar much earlier when in the canon, he learned of it in Book 5.
(3) Is Jack a spirit or not? I'm so confused. With the clues pointing there yet his family contradicts it! - Glad to make you guys confused. Love to keep you second guessing your theories, but like I said, I based Jack Black of the character Jack Frost in the Rise of the Guardians. It doesn't mean they have the exact background. I took some Jack's traits and incorporate it into the version of my liking that would fit in the Harry Potter universe, in order to make sense of the story and the universe. I'm pretty sure there's a certain limit in what Jack Frost does is IMPROBABLE to the Harry Potter universe.
(4) To be honest, I cringed the style of my writing in The Hidden Spirit four years later. I wish to revise the whole thing and maybe just dump it, but I couldn't for nostalgic reasons. I HATE IT. So for the sequel, I'm hoping to go for a different approach. More darker, realistic and mature tone. The Hidden Spirit changed the whole Harry Potter universe, so don't expect I would based it on The Order of the Phoenix. So the writing is original this time.
(5) I'm aware if I post the sequel, not many people would be interested. I'm sure people rather read "Jack goes to Hogwarts as a student" fanfics, and sad to say, it's not gonna be like that in the sequel (we all know what happened in the end of The Hidden Spirit) and would take a different turn and probably bore people, which is one of the reasons why I'm not motivated to write the sequel. It's sad cuz the sequel does answer some questions to the first book that I have been dying to reveal and I want other characters to shine now like we get to see more of Hermione, Ron, Theo, Daphne, and other characters.
If you want to go to my AO3 - archiveofourown(dot)org/users/NikkiPond
If you want to go to my TUMBLR - nikki-pondtheauthor(dot)tumblr(dot)com
Beautiful space (6)
Dobby's Socks (100)
Drowning Ostrich (2)
Lady Moonglow (2)
Optimistic Lyricist (18)
Theowyn of HPG (3)