Author has written 149 stories for Yu-Gi-Oh, Big O, Inuyasha, Harry Potter, Black Jewels Trilogy, Trinity Blood, Misc. Books, His Dark Materials, Legend of Dragoon, Card Captor Sakura, Diana Wynne Jones, Whisper of the Heart, Solitaire, Genshiken/げんしけん, Calvin & Hobbes, Death Note, Dragonlance, Pocahontas, My Little Monster/となりの怪物くん, Gekkan Shōjo Nozaki-kun, Dragon Age, and Inkheart.
Demented Insane Spirit (DIS)
The Notes Of My Heart cover art, made by me - The Notes Of My Heart
Dramione Award for Change, full list here - Best of 2009
Beauty fanart, made by NushiKasai - Beauty
A Widow's Kiss fanart, made by PandaTeddyClaws - A Widow's Kiss
(6/26/2016) Amazingly, The Notes Of My Heart is almost completed. I'm not even sure how it happened, but I got a wave of inspiration and was just thinking to myself, 'This story has gone on for TOO LONG,' and managed to kill some chapters. The last chapter got halfway written, but it felt sloppy and rushed, so it needs a major rewrite. Sands of Egypt is, for the moment, on a temporary hold until I can finish NofH. I'm doing my best to just focus and actually finish all of my stories on here! Eventually, Clouded Waters will be my next project for completion. Good Lord, it's been awhile since I've written that.
Also, if anyone has been watching my profile for the past year, you'll know that I've been busting out more original fiction than fanfiction as of late. I'm in the process of writing a fantasy trilogy at the moment called the Mineral Force Trilogy. I shelved the story a long time ago (back in 2014), but am finally getting back to it after some words of encouragement from an old friend on here. I edited what I could and instead of doing a rewrite, chose to keep it and am finishing the first book, Sorcerer of the City. I also have a few other shameless romance stories I've been writing, one of which hasn't been published online yet, the other which has been posted on Fictionpress.
- I usually read my reviewers' works before I go looking out using the filters. It's easier. I don't typically read people that fav/follow because the names don't pop up in my e-mail. If you leave a review, there's a 98% chance that, if you write in fandoms I'm interested in, I'll be reading your works, 2% being that I'm too swamped with work/school :P
- In that same vein, I am much more likely to give constructive reviews rather than three-word reviews. Even if I don't find anything wrong with it, I'm probably going to gush for several sentences about why it was good and how much I loved it :)
- Even if I've read a story that I don't like, I still leave a review as a common courtesy, to let them know what I specifically didn't like about it. Sometimes we authors just don't know what we're doing wrong until someone tells us!
- In the past, I would write chapter stories as chapter-by-chapter, but since my updating skills are notoriously bad, I typically only write one shots now. If I post a chapter story, rest assured that I have at least five chapters written up and it will not take five years to finish as I have done on some other stories...
- I used to get intimidated by writing in multiple fandoms, but now I will write in literally anything that I have inspiration for writing in. Currently, shoujo manga is where my obsession has been trending. You can expect a lot of different fandom one shots out of me, but YuGiOh! is my one constant. I can never seem to get away from it :) - not that I'm complaining!
- Reviews. While this is not a "personal policy," per se, it is a pet peeve. I know that fanfiction is for fun - and for me, it's a way to satisfy the pent-up fangirl in me - but for a large majority of writers on this site, it's also to improve on one's writing. Many authors start off writing fanfiction before they go into original fiction or get published. When people labor over chapters for the readers and post it online, it's to receive feedback from other fans or writers. It really is disheartening to put all this time into a piece of work and get little - or no - feedback. It isn't about being "a review Nazi," but just trying to get better, to develop better writing abilities, and, above all, to know that the way we ARE writing is pleasing to the reader. Just because you favorite it/follow it, doesn't mean that you like everything about it. I've had people like my stories, but still have things to say about it that they think should be changed. I've been writing on here since 2003 and I can promise you that I didn't get better at my writing by myself. It took one persistent flamer, several reviews full of constructive criticism, and just pushing myself forward, working with the feedback (and SUPPORT) from my reviewers. So, please. Leave the author a review. It's the least you can do when we're writing stories of your favorite shippings for you.
Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
|Focus:||General: All Categories|