Author has written 5 stories for Benny and Joon, Secret Window, Sherlock Holmes, and Doctor Who.
Just turned 25 last week (woo!) so thought I'd give the ol' profile an update (even though due to uni etc i've been too lazy to write anything new...) - even though I've loved the Mentalist since it started - after the season 3 finale I've been like "ahhhhhh" - so i've been watching them from the very begining to help tide me over til season 4...
Lets see how many words it takes to describe myself - or better yet - words used by others to describe me:
1. Movie Geek (lover of all types of films- silents, classics, modern - anything really. LOVE film noir and presently interested in French New Wave)
2. (New) Doctor Who nerd (with my 2 new posters, the fact I never miss an episode (and usually rewatch the good ones within the week) my adoration of the lovely David Tennant - master actor, and the fact I just bought a 10 book box set)
3. Quiet, shy, polite etc (nuff said really)
4. Quirky, random, whimsical (haha "whimsical" love that word!)
5. Nuts on piano (that one goes back a bit - I've been playing piano for over a decade. Although I don't practice as much as I used to - I still love it. Go Beethoven, Rachmaninoff, Chopin and Percy Grainger!
6. Obsessive movie buff - (more for emphasis than anything. My walls really are covered with film posters)
Other than that - I'm from Australia, but i'd very much like to visit the UK one day - I think it'd be brilliant! Be nice if I picked up an accent! lol
Not that you probably care, but here's a few (and when i say a few - I mean A LOT!) of personal dis/likes:
(In general) Loves:
- oh and nearly forgot - SHERLOCK HOLMES!!!!! Love love LOVE it!!!! I've listened to a gazillion radio plays (Clive merrison ones are BRILLIANT!), so far seen about half of the Jeremy Brett shows (DOUBLE BRILLIANT), most of the Ronald Howard tv show (fantastically awesome!), and I'm just loving the Basil Rathbone series - now I finally have the completed 14 movie set (previously only about 4 were available in Oz) - he's just soo great!!! (pity Watson comes off as a bit of a fuddy-duddy though...) - and now my love extends to the newest creation from the talented Steven Moffat - Sherlock - starring Benedict Cumberbatch (best name ever) and Martin Freeman - I cannot begin to describe how much i adore this show - it is 150% brilliant!!!! 3 episodes - what a tease - hurry up and make 20 more BBC!!!
Some of my Favourite actors (in no particular order)
Fav TV Shows/mini series
Music I love
And anything by Rachmaninoff, George Gershwin, Ella Fitzgerald, Beethoven, Chopin, and Percy Grainger - Australian composer.
(Some) Fav films
Also I absolutely love: Pygmalion, Hot Fuzz!!! (Awesomeness!), Pygmalion (LOVED Leslie Howard), Harold and Maude, Star Trek (2009), Hairspray, Casino Royale, Zodiac, Roman Holiday, Fight Club, Captain Blood (Errol Flynn =spunk!), Breakfast On Pluto, The Crying Game, V for Vendetta, The Red Shoes, Some Like it Hot, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Ed Wood, Singin' in the Rain, The Hudsucker Proxy, Gallipoli, Sunrise: a song of two humans (a brilliant silent film from 1927!), Phantom of the Opera (2004), Stranger than Fiction, - theres loads more but my minds gone blank.
Favourite sayings (which I haven't actually used much this year) (and random things I (should) say(more often):
~Come on people - try a little originality! Go wild!
So that's about it, more or less . Get it? Got it? Good!
Thanks for taking the time to read my sad babblings!
If any of you are REALLY bored, feel free to send me an email - the more the merrier!
Ah, I have decided to hop on the bandwagon and add a few of my favourite quotes - (i've shrunk it dramatically):
"So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?"
Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese.
Visions are worth fighting for. Why spend your life making someone else's dreams? - Orson Wells (character) in Ed Wood (1994)
Louise: How did you get here?
Elwood P. Dowd: Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. And you may quote me.
I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam from Mythbusters
Don't tease me about my hobbies. I don't tease you about being an A-hole! - Garden State
And one of my personal favourites:
Unsafe External Link