Poll: Which ship in my Another Side AU would you like to see a Valentine's special on? Vote Now!
Author has written 31 stories for Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, Final Fantasy VII, Fairy Tail, Nurarihyon no Mago/ぬらりひょんの孫, Chronicles of Elantra, Yu-Gi-Oh, Harry Potter, Gundam Seed, and Steins;Gate/シュタインズ ゲート.
Last Updated -- 04/17/2014
WHERE IS THE UPDATE? (State of the Writer): Mystwalker is on hiatus until May 17, 2014, and the update for FFVII: Another Story will be released on May 24, 2014. See the notice on FFVII: Another Story for the reasoning behind this., but the short reason is I'm burned out and need a break. See you all then.
My biggest work so far come from my Another Side AU which consists of the following stories:
1. Final Fantasy VII: Another Side - The main story. Shows my interpretation of what could have been, if Genesis were the villain of FFVII instead of Sephiroth. A huge project drawing on data from the entire Compilation, and a little conjecture of my own.
2. Roles - A short, introspective one-shot looking at how Zack, Cissnei, and Sephiroth fit into the main party of FFVII as a whole.
3. A Tale of Two SOLDIERs - A humorous three-shot set during the Wutai War. Shows Genesis, Sephiroth and Angeal at 19, and what happens when you give alcohol to people who are basically one men armies.
4. Yuffie's Guide To Everything - The main party of Another Side, through Yuffie's eyes! Will have one chapter per person.
5. Falling Stars - On hiatus. Cissnei's origin story, as well as a Turkfic.
6. Side Stories - A home for all the silly little scenes that happen along the course of the main story but don't quite fit into the writing.
APRIL FOOL'S EDITION (FFVII: ANOTHER SIDE)
(The following "updates" were an April Fool's joke posted up on FFVII: Another Side on April 1, 2013. These are all jokes. I wasn't going to actually implement them.)
CHANGES TO BE IMPLEMENTED IMMEDIATELY
Hey guys! I'm sorry if this comes as a shock to all of you, but I've been having a bit of a crisis as to where the story should go from here. The fact of the matter is...well...I'm all out of ideas, and I really haven't been feeling the direction this story's been going in for the past few Files (I mean, come on, FILES? Seriously? .) It's been a good run, but it's already been 200K words and we're still in Corel...I mean, come on, that's like, half of a Game of Thrones book already! So...in an effort to re-energize the story and get me more interested in it, I've decided I'm going to implement the following changes.
1. The chapter naming system is too bland. Studies show that the trends have been moving away from traditional numerical based chapter ordering systems. So all of my new chapters will be identified by letters from here on out, much like column names in MS Excel.
2. FFVII is too futuristic a setting for me. As you know, I primarily write fantasy. As such, Sephiroth and Aerith will be made into elves, Genesis into an angel, and Cloud into a member of the Alt'vatari-a race of winged chocobo-human hybrids. I'll keep mako energy because it sounds fantastic enough, but all guns will be replaced by bows and arrows. Barret now has a crossbow attached to his arm instead of a gun.
3. Sephiroth x Cissnei is too unconventional of a pairing. In order to keep fans happy, I will be killing off Cissnei in the next chapter. The pairing from here on out will be Sephiroth x Genesis, as that has been suggested to me the most by the volume of fics published on . (Research showed that while Sephiroth x Cloud had more fics, it was not with the CC version of Sephiroth, which is the one that I have been using.)
4. I have decided that I no longer ship Cloud x Tifa, so Cloud will be paired up with Aerith in all future incarnations of this story...at least until she dies after getting stabbed through the chest by Sephiroth who is actually going to be teaming up with Genesis to take over the world-oh, oops, SPOILER ALERT. Because this leaves Zack without a partner, I've decided to introduce a new OC to you guys, Mystte Walker, the first female SOLDIER.
5. Related to the previous statement, I've decided that it's Aeris, not Aerith.
6. I've been very conflicted as to what to do about Auriel, my OC Tsviet from earlier chapters. Because I want to remain consistent to the canon, and it's clear that there are no OC Tsviets in the canon, I've decided to get rid of this conflict by killing off Weiss, Nero, Rosso, Shelke, Azul, and Argento and making Auriel the only Tsviet. This way there are no conflicts with canon, because there are no canon characters to begin with.
7. There are too many Turks in this story. So within the next chapter, I'm going to have Jenova kill off all the Turks/Shinra heads, leaving only Tseng and Rufus alive.
8. ...which I'm now pairing with each other. It makes more sense than Tseng x Elena.
9. The main cast has gotten too big, so I've decided to eliminate Vincent from the line-up. He's an optional character anyway, it's clear that nobody likes him.
10. This means that Yuffie can now be paired with someone else. Thinking through all the options, it's clear that since Vincent won't be in the story and Reno's going to be dead in the next few chapters...Tifa is the only available choice.
11. The politics in this story are getting too complicated-seriously, there's like 5 factions and a whole lot more individual intentions going on and people who are betraying those factions and crossing over...etc (Tseng, I'm looking at you!) So I've decided that in order to simplify the plot and make it more interesting to understand, all characters shall be assigned to either the category of GOOD GUY or the category of BAD GUY. There will be no deviation from these categories, and all the bad guys are going to team up despite their conflicting motives, which will now be erased and replaced with the much more easy to understand motive of "evil for evil's sake".
12. And finally, going off of #11, I've decided that there are too many POV characters in these stories. I mean, what are we, a George R.R. Martin book? In an effort to make things easier on me, I've decided to simplify this. All scenes from here on out will be told from the POV of Cait Sith.
I hope you enjoy the changes. Please remember that I do all this for you.