Author has written 29 stories for Sisters Grimm, How to Train Your Dragon, Little House series, Avengers, Harry Potter, Tangled, and Supernatural.
I'm The Irish Lass. I am just a crazy resident writer who really needs to improve her skills.
Sorry I've been gone for so long. I was just really bogged down with classwork and actual work, and didn't have the time to write. But I'm back now, so look forward to some updates and new oneshots!
I'm a total fangirl for canon couples. Seriously. These people were literally made for each other.
Also, If I don't have a cup of coffee in my hand, I'm probably thinking about how to get one there. I am fueled by caffeine.
Favorite quote of ALL time:
"First break implies that threre will be more than one, which also implies that there will be times between beaks that we are not breaking." -Sabrina Grimm, Sisters Grimm, book nine, The Council Of Mirrors.
Some help for Fanfiction newcomers:
Do NOT say 'First fic', 'My first fanfiction' or any variable of that phrase in your summary. You want people to look at it. And less people will look at that because it seems unprofessional.
Do NOT say 'No flames please' in your summary. It makes it look as if you think that your writing is bad.
Do NOT say 'summary inside!' for your summary. Garenteened less readers.
DO make your title and summary as interesting as possible. They represent your story. Spell-check and punctuate them.
Do NOT say 'I don't know where I'm going with this' in either your summary or your story. Just don't.
DO spell-check and proof read all of your work. I didn't for a while, and I'm sure it hurt me somewhere.
Don't worry about font when you type up your story. Fanfiction posts it all in the same font.
Do NOT be discouraged from lack of interest at first chapter. Most fanfictions get lots of new views as they update.
DO have fun! If you enjoy what you're writing, it's a safe bet that others will like your work. Boredom and 'I-feel-like-I-have-to-write-this' are very evident in a story. So have fun!
I normally don't copy-n-paste, but this just had to go on here. I need to work on living by them, though.
The 27 Commandments of Fanfiction:
1. Thou shalt not post a fic until it has been checked for grammar and spelling errors. The fanfiction gods hath given you a spellchecker on the computer for good reason. Use it.
2.Thou shalt not post a chapter of less than 100 words, unless it is a drabble. This displeases the masses.
3.Thou shalt not put author's notes in the middle of the story.
4.Thou shalt NEVER use text-speak in a fic, unless the characters are actually texting.
5.Thou shalt keep to one tense, and only one, throughout the story. Do not switch randomly.
6.Apply the above number 5 to POVs as well.
7. Thou shalt not get offended when someone makes fun of the crack pairing featured in your fanfiction. It probably is rather hilarious.
8.Thou shalt not use :(, ;), or >:( in a fanfiction to show the emotion exhibited by a character.
9.Thou shall try-eth to keep characters in character!
10.Thou shall not treat every criticism as a flame.
11.The author's note is not a spot for your personal drama, and thou shalt not make it so.
12.Thou shalt not put any form of the phrase "first fic" in thy summary.
13. Thy created characters must not have names that exceed five syllables in length. Nor shall thy name have more than five words in length.
14. Thou shall not insert thyself into the story line as thyself or as a character- yes we know that you are in love with yourself and are very narcissistic, we just don’t want to read about how you end up with the main character.
15.If thou art writing a story that does not follow the original story line, point it out in the beginning.
16.Thou shall not make a person randomly smart or powerful unless stating a reason for the change (a good reason).
17.Thou shalt show and not tell.
18.Thou shalt not EVER use the phrase "I suck at summaries" in-est thine summary. This annoys thine readers.
19.Thou shalt not write the same way thou speak-est- writing is an art.
20.Thou shalt ALWAYS spell the word "okay" correctly. Using the letter "K" is an unacceptable compromise.
21. Thou shalt only use clichés when thou a) art writing a parody or b) find a new and interesting twist to make such clichés bearable to thine reader.
22. Thou shalt always separate dialogue from two separate speakers in two separate paragraphs. Otherwise thine readers shalt be confuse-ed.
23. Thou shalt not EVER make a chapter all one paragraph. THIS INFURIATES BOTH THINE READER AND THE FANFICTION GODS. They have given thee an ENTER key with good reason.
24. Thou shalt not write with thy caps lock on, it displeases the masses and causes thy readers to lose their vision and make angels weep.
25. Thou shalt know how to spell the character's names correctly before you writeth the fic. Misspelling the name of the main characters makes readers angry and distracts from the story.
26. Thou shalt not say in thine summary "summary inside". This shows lack of creativeness and infuriates the masses. The only exception is when a summary is cut short and a continuation of it lies inside.
27. Thou shall use paragraphs and space the story so it is not terrifyingly daunting to thine readers.
Just a few notes about my stories:
On Cookies and Geometry: Hiatus, possibly never returning.
Parenting and Other Jobs for Superheroes: On hiatus, not sure if I'll be returning to it at all.
The Modern Adventures of Steve Rogers: Not exactly on hiatus, just waiting for inspiration. Stay tuned!
This Thing Called War: This is my baby. I'm really working on this one, I promise. It's the only one I absolutely refuse to abandon.
The College Experience: Ugh. Just... Ugh. I wrote this? Some heavy duty editing will be done at some point, people.
Oneshots have a category all their own. If it's published, it's complete. No take backs.