Author has written 24 stories for Soul Eater, Young Wizards, Fairy Tail, and Toradora!.
Greetings, citizens! Call me ilarual or call me Laura, either works, and they're basically the same thing anyway.
This stupid website has screwed up all the links on my profile page so they just redirect back to my profile rather than the site where the links are meant to lead, and the FFnet staff seems to have no interest in my SOS emails about it, so I have created a page on my tumblr where all those links may be found. Just visit:
ilarual [DOT] tumblr [DOT] com [SLASH] links-because-ffnet-sucks
When it comes to fanfic, I love either writing something unique and filling a lack in the fandom... or else writing things that are so cliche it's actually stupid, but trying to find ways to make them fresh, functional, and actually interesting to read. So most of my stuff is gonna be one of those two things.
I suck at remembering to reply to people sometimes, so if you message me and I don't respond, odds are it's because either I thought so long about what I was going to say in response that I don't realize that I only thought about it and never actually sent a reply, or it's because I just plain forgot. So if you don't hear back from me, 98% chance that's why. (The other 2% is me just not having a friggin' clue what to say to avoid sounding like a derp.)
Obligatory blanket disclaimer: I have no ownership/intellectual property rights on the Soul Eater manga or anime, nor am I in any way associated with those who do. Likewise, Young Wizards belongs to Diane Duane. I am only a humble teller of tall tales, using borrowed characters for new things (some of which, I am sure, would raise the hair of their original creators).
I accept fanfic commissions! If you would like a custom story tailored to your preferences, I'm always happy to oblige! My blog has commission info available, so you'll be able to find it if you visit ilarual DOT tumblr DOT com and click on the commissions link on my sidebar.
C R E D I T S:
My profile image is a character mock-up of me as a demon weapon (broadsword, in my case) done by my lovely friend veridae, whose gorgeous artwork you should definitely check out. (I mean, she occasionally draws sexy megane Soul, what have you got to lose?)
The colored version of the manga panel used as the cover art for Learning Curve was created by AYUM23. The colored version of the manga panel used as the cover art for Of Books and Music was created by Zaitswet.
The cover art for Serotiny, my Resbang 2014, was done by ahshesgone, and is part of a collection of drawings she did to accompany my story as part of the Resonance Bang event. View the whole collection here. My other artist's lovely drawing can be found here.
Maka's engagement ring from For Better or For Worse is this Tiffany ring.
The cover art for The Stand In, (one of) my stories for Reverb 2015, was created by translucentsprinkles, whose art was the inspiration for the story itself. Her collection of art can be found here.
The cover art for Grace, another of my stories for Reverb 2015, was created by absolutrash/Saxy Lady, whose art was blah blah blah see the immediate above note, that's how Reverb works, you get the picture. Her art is here.
S H I P S
I ship a lot of things, and for any given fandom I generally will have a few major ships that I'm heavily invested in, as well as a collective of other ships that I enjoy but I can multiship and be cool with it. There are, however, invariably a few ships where I literally cannot see the characters involved with anyone else, because they're just too well-suited to each other. For the fandoms I currently write for, these ships are:
For Soul Eater:
Soul x Maka
For Young Wizards:
Nita x Kit
Caveat: In canon, as per their own expressed opinions, I do not ship Dairine and Roshaun romantically (though I have no objection to others choosing to do so). In canon I read them as best friends/platonic soul mates, and ship it in that way. In AU, however, all bets are off and I will ship them as romantically as I see fit.
U P D A T E S
Current works in progress:
A Note Unsaid is on hiatus. I'm very frustrated with it because I started it very soon after my entrance into the fandom and many of my Evans family headcanons have changed dramatically since then, so the stuff I've already written doesn't match my headcanons anymore. At some point I will take it down, rewrite it, and get it back up and running again (Dec. 1, 2014)
Learning Curve and Of Books and Music are oneshot collections. They are not marked complete but each chapter can stand alone; updates will come when I'm inspired for them.
For Better or For Worse is dumb fluff. Thanks to ProMa I finally have something vaguely like a plot cobbled together, but there's no real updating schedule so just roll with it, yeah?
I WILL ALWAYS USE GENDER-NEUTRAL PRONOUNS FOR CRONA.