Author has written 1 story for Harry Potter.
Awesome things in (Harry Potter) fanfiction:
- Cracky plot that evolves into a compelling story. Really, the best stories are ones that touch your heart with a gripping plot - until you step back, remember what exactly it is that you are reading and burst out laughing.
- Voldemort / Harry Potter romance, for the reasons stated above. I also like stories where the Dark Lord is in the role of a family member or friend (if it's done convincingly).
- Plots that are strangely plausible - or have been made plausible by a skilled author. For example: Hagrid teaches Harry Occlumency. Molly Weasley has a fling with Voldemort. Wait, what?! But it's true, both of those stories are in my favorite list and make a strange amount of sense.
- Stories where the protagonist gets in big, big trouble - and possibly survives through sheer luck. Harry can be awesome like that.
- Survival in the wilderness -stories
Well written, humorous, unique & slightly insane
- Fantastic Elves and Where to Find Them by evansentranced plus sequel. Harry grows up in the woods and believes that he's an elf. Very amusing character interactions later on.
- A Black Comedy by nonjon. Harry and Sirius wreak havoc in an alternate universe. In addition to the thievery and debauchery mentioned in the story summary, they also indulge in politics and shake up magical Britain with their... unique approach. Great mix of comedy and plot. There's also an awesome battle scene or two.
- Everything by Angstier, if you're looking for serious and believable Harry / Tom Riddle Jr. romance.
- The cave incident by brainstorm1001 plus sequel. Although the comedic elements sadly disappear later on in the story and are replaced with more thrilling and action-filled scenes, this is one of the best HP/LV stories I've read. To quote a review by milky0candy:
"An In-Character Harry falling in love with Voldemort
You somehow made it possible."
Voldemort isn't a nice-guy Tom Riddle here; he's a mean, wand-wielding Dark Lord. Harry, on the other hand, is still the lovable, incredibly lucky hero that's familiar from the books. Both characters are written as strong and capable in this story. This fic also gets bonus points for being post-Hogwarts and featuring a villain OC that's really easy to hate.
Heartwarming Tom Riddle Jr. stuff
- Everything (or at least the longer stories) by Aribh1306. She writes in a distinct style and pays attention to details to create a slow, warm atmosphere that reminds me a bit of Ghibli films. She writes about Tom Riddle a lot. My favorite story is probably Like Father, Like Son, although it is unfinished.
- Eldritch by eldritcher. Albus Dumbledore goes back in time and raises Tom Riddle. Did I mention that he's horrible at parenting? The many literary and other cultural allusions in this story flesh out the world of the 1930s.
- Warping Circumstances by Deritine. Harry and Voldemort are stuck in the same body. The plot is a little unpolished and rough around the edges, but for some reason this is still one of my favorite fics. It's a bit like a box of chocolates or a bag of candy: there's a lot of good stuff and you can't be sure what you're going to get next.
After reading a whole bunch of lovely Potter fics, it eventually became difficult to find new ones that were to my liking. So in order to pass the time I began to grow my own plot bunnies. They started with small twists to existing fanfics and 'what if' -thoughts about canon events. Now I have several full stories running around my head and begging to be written. Oh joy.
Knowing myself, I'd say that I'll never be able to update regularly. I'll write when and if inspiration strikes. So it won't be a big surprise if I end up having a profile full of half-finished fics (although it would be a shame).
My biggest dream regarding fanfiction is that someone reads my writing, gets inspired by it, writes something better, and sends me a link so that I can read it. :D
Basically, I just try to write things that I would like to read myself.