Author has written 2 stories for Dragon Ball Z.
~~ General Information UPDATED 04-20-09~~
About Me (as if you care)
Name: Black and Gray
Aliases: Eclipse Illusion
Gender: The opposite of male.
Super Powers: Boots of Doom. The ability to drink enormous amounts of caffeine without getting the shakes. Mind reading. The ability to disappear in times of great need.
Moral Orientation: I'm a superhero... for the dark side.
Various Reasons I Don't Write as Often as I Should: Full time student, part time worker. Tons of homework. Learning a new language (which takes up a lot of time). Losing pin drives which have most/some of the stories on it (has happened three times in the past five years and I've been pissed off each time). Writer's block. Disinterest. Laziness.
Various Reasons I Do Write: If I don't the story bugs me constantly. Wanting to finish something I started. I like to write this story. Other people like it. I finally want to finish this!
~~Answers to questions left in reviews~~
1) Can't Goku connect the dots? Mystic is the right age, he's a saiyan, etc...? One thing that a lot of people forget, including me, is that despite his moments of brilliant insight, Goku is not that bright. In my recent re-write of chapter 1, I tried to give more reasons for his obliviousness in regards to this matter. He imagines (though really he knows it's a fool's dream) that Gohan will return to them knowing who he is, where he came from, as a good person who looks "just like his mother, but with Goku's smile." Even though he knows that most likely won't happen, fantasies tend to dim the reality and make it all the harder to see the truth. So when a saiyan arrives in a space pod, he doesn't automatically think "Gohan!" He thinks "Frieza = Danger. Last time a saiyan came to Earth = Bye bye child. Reaction to saiyan arriving in Freiza pod = extreme caution." Going along that vein of thought, Mystic also looks nothing like either Goku or Chichi pictured him. Remember the last they saw of him was thirteen years ago, and that was as a child. How many of us look like our childhood pictures? Add a hard life, scars, a sneer and a glare and you don't exactly have a typical Son child on your hands. Second: Yes, Frieza told Goku about what Gohan was becoming, but if you were in Goku's shoes, would you honestly believe anything that psycho babbled about? Even Mystic doesn't really believe what he says about his father, even though it turns out to be true. Third, Mystic has yet to mention his "hybrid" status to anyone except Vegeta. So as far as Goku and everyone else is concerned, Mystic is a full-blooded saiyan.
And I'm going to fix the age issue. If Gohan didn't even know his real name, how on earth would he remember his age?
As for Chichi... I feel I've got her down pat, but to clear up any confusion, she knows but is in heavy denial. She has a similar dream to Goku's, but lacks the naivety to truly believe in it. More revealed later...
2) How strong is Mystic? Obviously, he is at the very least a Super Saiyan. And while it may have only taken a Super Saiyain to defeat Frieza originally, remember that the modified Frieza was more powerful. With Frieza staying alive longer, and possibly modifying his machinery from time to time, no doubt he became a lot more powerful than he was in the series when he was finally killed.
Remember during the Cell Games (real DBZ timeline) that Goku and the others stayed in Super Saiyan form to better access their power and become stronger? Well with Frieza permanently in his fourth form, same idea applies. He most likely became more powerful with time. Even without all of that, being beaten by a "barbaric race" would get to an egomaniac like him and he would certainly seek to become exceedingly more powerful.
As for exactly how powerful Mystic is may or may not be answered in terms of number or limits. He was powerful enough to defeat Frieza, but not unscathed. As for if those wounds or power loss were caused by Frieza or... something else, well... in due time. :)
3) Wtf is a fromle? Glad you asked! They have been something I've been researching for some time. I shall share with you now my findings.
From what I've managed to gather, the Fromles come from the Quetie Solar System, located near the constellation Orion. These creatures are easy to recognize due to their short stature, hefty physique, and distinct voices. In Earth terms, their voice resembles that of a person who has smoked for many decades and can no longer speak without a low voice and plenty of phlegm. Quite harmless, their only crime are their hideous features, and as such myths have spread that the touch of a Fromle and turn any being into them, although these are quite untrue.
Fromles are constant travelers, however they also have problems with their memory. The more separated they become from a group, the more likely they are to experience amnesia of sort. So, if a group of Fromles for example were to travel all the way to Earth and become separated, a Fromle may indeed forget they are a Fromle and believe they are humans!
Therefore, when Mystic encountered the Fromle in the Orange Star High office, he wisely refrained from asking the Fromle how it had come to Earth, lest it had forgotten its true nature and believed itself to be human.
4) And Captain Gordon? I thought that name sounded familiar...
5) How did Piccolo listen in? He doesn't know Saiyan... (whistles loudly)
Kakkarot and Frieza are the same in any language. I'd also like to think Piccolo's smart enough to hear those names, and deduce the age and heritage of the new addition to mean he is the lost son. It was confirmed when he asked Vegeta about it afterward, otherwise he would have kept quiet.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Remember the Good Times
Chapters: 10+ Pro
Estimated Chapters: 20?
Status: In progress, temporarily on hold while I'm in school.
Summary: AU. Instead of being kidnapped by Piccolo, young Gohan was kidnapped by his uncle Radditz and has not been seen by his family in over thirteen years. By sheer coincidence Gohan returns home... but he has no idea who he once was or where he originally came from. Under a new identity and a past fraught with violence and fear, will anyone be able to recognize the once innocent demi-saiyan for who he really is? If they do, will Gohan ever be able to accept them for the family that wasn't strong enough to save him?
Will eventually be Gohan/Videl.
Other (about RtGT): When I first published this story, I was sixteen years old and in high school. Now, I'm twenty (holy FUCK!) and 2/3's of the way through my second year of college. Can you blame me for wanting to rewrite the story? Besides, I've decided in order to keep my interest of DBZ alive, I'm using Netflix to send me all the seasons. And I've recently read the first 20+ volumes of the manga Dragonball. Now I'm PUMPED!
Every now and then updates04/08/09: I am currently re-writing earlier chapters, as well as writing the next chapter (depends what I'm in the mood for at the time, :P). Don't give up hope! I shall update again!
For the Best
Status: Indefinitely on hold.
Favorite DBZ Characters!
1) Gohan (well no duh) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAULv9RHnWc&feature=channel_page
5) Bardock (way cooler than Goku, I'm sorry.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keUo9-1sQao&feature=channel_page