Author has written 9 stories for Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Harry Potter, Kuroshitsuji, and Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club.
Kurt Vonnegut: 16 Rules For Writing Fiction
1. Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel the time was wasted.
2. Give the reader at least one character he or she can root for.
3. Every character should want something, even if it is only a glass of water.
4. Every sentence must do one of two things — reveal character or advance the action.
5. Start as close to the end as possible.
6. Be a sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
7. Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia.
8. Give your readers as much information as possible as soon as possible. To heck with suspense. Readers should have such complete understanding of what is going on, where and why, that they could finish the story themselves, should cockroaches eat the last few pages.
9. Find a subject you care about and which you in your heart feel others should care about.
10. Do not ramble.
11. Keep it simple. Simplicity of language is not only reputable, but perhaps even sacred.
12. Have guts to cut. Your rule might be this: If a sentence, no matter how excellent, does not illuminate your subject in some new and useful way, scratch it out.
13. Sound like yourself. The writing style which is most natural for you is bound to echo the speech you heard when a child.
14. Say what you mean. You should avoid Picasso-style or jazz-style writing, if you have something worth saying and wish to be understood.
15. Pity the readers. Our stylistic options as writers are neither numerous nor glamorous, since our readers are bound to be such imperfect artists.
16. You choose. The most meaningful aspect of our styles, which is what we choose to write about, is utterly unlimited.
Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus
The Tenth Kingdom
Black Butler/ Kuroshitsuji
Free! Iwatobi Swim Club/ Eternal Summer
The Inheritance Cycle
Lord of the Rings/Hobbit
MY ACCEPTABLE PAIRINGS
Ron is forever alone
Ginny can go die in a hole
I would ship Dramione but I just love Scorose so damn much
On a smaller scale, Hermione Granger pairings
-Nico di Angelo
-Ronald Weasley (If absolutely necessary)
-Bianca di Angelo
-Arthur Kirkland, England
-Cesare di Angelo
Annabeth can go die in a hole
Percy Jackson Xover
Percy Jackson/Darcy Lewis
Percy Jackson/Nymphadora Tonks
Percy Jackson/Maximum Ride
Nico di Angelo/Maximum Ride
Nico di Angelo/Hermione Granger
Thalia Grace/Steve Rogers
Who am I kidding? Ship whoever the Hades you want, just no messing with GerIta.
93 percent of American teens would have a severe emotional breakdown if someone called them a freak. If you're a part of the 7 percent who would ask the person, "What was your first clue?", copy this into your profile and add your name to the list: Sunlit Goddess of the C.O.C.A., Moonlit Goddess of the C.O.C.A., Evil Genius of the COCA, Invader Miley Phantom, dAnnYsGiRl777, BloodySalvation, Lady Lost-A-Lot, bellabookworm9, Bella Masen Cullen, Vampire Scooby, Alannaswarrior, SpottedLilly, Alleyanna Cullen, hugs.4.all.the.emo.boyz, WritingRocks6, Bubble Blower, panache2005, .Dr1v3n t0 1n5aN1Ty., Serenity.Jones, crystalshake, KOIZUMI MICHIYO, Rain C. frosty, Pikana,ShadowWolf 2.X,Ghost Rider Fan123, Darkvizardking69,killer4853,seagurl3, Pwnie3
1. If you could hang out anywhere in Camp Half-Blood, where would it be?
The archery range, definitely.
2. Which PJatO Character Would You Date?
3. Which PJatO Character Is Your Best Friend?
Nico, Leo, Travis, or Katie. Probably Leo and Katie.
4. Which PJatO Character Do You Hate?
5. Your Favorite PJatO book?
Don't have one...I like them all.
7. Favorite God or Goddess?
Goddess:Persephone, Artemis, and Hebe
8. Percy walks up to you, what do you do?
I would say, "I'm sorry, can I hug you?" then I would hug him and be on my merry way.
9. You just got 2 tickets to go see a concert, who do you take with you?
Leo and Katie.
10. You accidentally got stranded on a deserted island...who got stranded with you?
Percy, probably, to get us out, or Katie to tell me what I can and can't eat, 'cause she knows that stuff, being the daughter of Demeter. I could live there my whole life and never have to see my brother again!
11. Hermes asked you to help him repopulate Olympus...what is your answer to this disturbing question?
"Hermes, first, what are you smoking, second, can I have some, third, what happened to it that we have to repopulate Olympus?"
12. Favorite PJatO Pairing?
Leyna, Tratie, Jasper, Perzoe, Chrisse, Nicomione
13. You and the Big Three are on Olympus...??
awkward foot tapping as Poseidon and Hades have to refrain from strangling Zeus, who's rambling on about how he just started a thunderstorm and all that shit*
14. If you could spend your Friday Nights doing something, what would it be?
Capture the Flag! Gonna fill those asses with arrows!
15. Favorite PJatO Quote?
The whole 'dam' bit
16. Favorite Percy Moment?
'A wave roared in my ears. The next thing I knew, Nancy was sitting on her butt in the fountain, screaming "Percy pushed me!"'
17. Favorite Nico Moment?
'With great power comes the great need to take a nap. Wake me up later"
18. Favorite god or goddess Moment
"Apollo?" I guess, because I figured nobody else could make a haiku that bad.
"I'm incognito. Call me Fred."
19. Favorite Grover Moment?
I told Grover that I didn't think Mrs. Dodds was human. He looked at me, completely serious, and said "You're absolutely right"
20. Favorite Random Moment?
Don't have one.
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 81, and find line 4.
"-lances. A strange, fair ship waited for them, shining under a bright-" -Eragon, by Christopher Paolini.
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch? .
My jewelry box.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
4. Without looking, guess what time it is:
5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
4:46... SO. CLOSE.
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
My brother talking through the wall.
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Yesterday. I was geocaching.
8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
The best of YGS by jacksfilms
9. What are you wearing?
A green, tulip festival t-shirt, purple jeans.
10. Did you dream last night?
You seriously expect me to remember?
11. When did you last laugh?
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
A Harry Potter poster. Two paintings.
13. Seen anything weird lately?
14. What was the last film you saw?
16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
A bow and a quiver or two of arrows.
17. Tell me something about you that I don't know.
I don't own a white-and-pink horse in yellow spandex.
18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
I would make all my fave fandoms real.
19. George Bush:
20. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
21. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
Luke Nico. I have Jacksonitis.
22. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Maybe go to Britain, or back to San Diego.
20 Ways To Maintain A Healthy Level of Insanity
1. At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.
2. Page yourself over the intercom. Don’t disguise your voice.
3. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.
4. Put your garbage can on your desk and label it “IN”
5. Put Decaf in the coffee maker for three weeks. Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to Expresso.
6. Finish all your sentences with “In accordance with the prophecy.”
8. As often as possible, skip rather than walk.
9. Ask people what sex they are. Laugh hysterically after they answer.
10. Specify that your drive-through order is “To Go.”
11. Sing along at the Opera.
12. Go to a poetry recital and ask why all the poems don’t rhyme.
13. Put mosquito netting around your work area and play tropical sounds all day.
14. Five days in advance, tell your friends you can’t attend their party because you’re not in the mood.
15. When the money comes out of the ATM, scream “I WON! I WON!”
16. When leaving the Zoo, start running towards the parking lot yelling,"Run for your lives, they’re loose!!"
17. Tell your children over dinner, “Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go.”
18. Go in front of your classroom and shout "I like pie!"
19. Greet all your friends with a tackle.
And The Final Way To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity...
20. Copy and send this list to friends
On a Myer hairdryer: "Do not use while sleeping." (Darn, and that's the only time I have to work on my hair).
On a bag of Chips: "You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside." (The shoplifter special?)
On a bar of Palmolive soap: "Directions: Use like regular soap." (And that would be how?)
On some frozen dinners: "Serving suggestion: Defrost." (But, it's just a suggestion).
On Nanna's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom): "Do not turn upside down". (Well...duh, a bit late, huh!)
On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding: "Product will be hot after heating". (And you thought...??)
On packaging for a K-Mart iron: "Do not iron clothes on body." (But wouldn't this save me more time?)
On Boot's Children Cough Medicine: "Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication." (We could do a lot to reduce the rate of constructionaccidents if we could just get those 5 year olds with head colds off those forklifts.)
On Nytol Sleep Aid: "Warning: May cause drowsiness." (One would hope.)
On most brands of Christmas lights: "For indoor or outdoor use only." (As opposed to what?)
On a Japanese food processor: "Not to be used for the other use." (I gotta admit, I'm curious.)
On Sainsbury's peanuts: "Warning: contains nuts." (Talk about a news flash.)
On artificial bacon: "Real artificial bacon bits". (So we don't get fake fake bacon. Oh no we get real fake bacon.)
I don't blame the company; I blame the parents for this one: On a child's superman costume:"Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly".
On a pack of Gushers: Do not eat unsupervised or while standing. (Okay, I have to ask: What parent sued this company?)
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you stare at a pencil and laugh when someone asks you just what you find so interesting about the eraser. Crazy is when you have an hour long sob-fest, then start singing and dancing when your favorite song plays. Crazy is when you do or say a totally random thing, like "do you ever wonder where the eraser bits go?" or start having a thumbwar with yourself (i find that i am a very tough opponent). So if you're crazy, copy this onto your profile
I understand that Scissors can beat Paper, and I get how Rock can beat Scissors, but there's no way Paper can beat Rock. Is Paper supposed to magically wrap around Rock leaving it immobile? If so, why can't paper do this to scissors? Screw scissors, why can't paper do this to people? Why aren't sheets of college ruled notebook paper constantly suffocating students as they attempt to take notes in class? I'll tell you why, because paper can't beat anybody, a rock would tear that stuff up in two seconds. That's why when I play rock/ paper/ scissors, I always choose rock. Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper I can punch them in the face with my ready made fist and say, "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought paper would protect you".
If you want your favorite fictional characters to exist, copy and paste on your profile
If you talk to inanimate objects, copy and paste to your profile.
If you are Merlin obsessed, copy this into your profile. (You know dat's right!) ;)
If you hear the voices of characters in your head, put this onto your profile.
If you've ever been called a bookworm and are proud of it, copy and paste this into your profile.
If you've ever wished you could go into a book and strangle some of the characters for being so incredibly dumb, copy and paste this into your profile.
If you've ever talked to yourself, copy and paste this into your profile.
If you have ever seen a movie (or show) so many times that you can quote it word for word. And you do at random moments; copy and paste this in your profile.
If you are hardcore obsessed with a show or movie or book, copy and paste this on your profile.
If you have inside jokes...with yourself...copy and paste this into your profile.
If you have ever forgotten what you were talking about in a conversation, copy and paste this onto your profile
If you get all giddy when you hear a trailer for your favorite TV show/movie is on TV, copy and paste this onto your profile.
If you have ever picked up a book, and never put it down (you have read it while walking and doing chores if necessary) copy and paste this onto your profile.
"I'm that girl
The one that likes books more than boys.
The one who pretends not to be sad, just to make others happy
The one who always wonders what she did wrong
The one who writes to escape
The one who just wants to help
The one that really wants to make a difference
The one that sticks to her values
The one that refuses to believe that this is it
The one that will do anything to make a better tomorrow
The one who won't give in
The one who won't give up"
-By linguisticsrock, Copy and Paste if you can relate to this.
THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE BOOK AND THE MOVIE (Copyright to Max!)
1. Since when can Poseidon show up outta the water really huge and MADE outta water, then shrink?
This One Is for the girls
If someone insults you say 'How sweet thanks for noticing' and walk away
If someone says you'll die old and alone say 'No I won't I'll have my cats'
If your not as pretty as the most popular girl in school her beauty is only skin deep your's is on the inside that's where it counts
If you'd rather read than party GREAT
If you like to jump in rain puddles and don't care about your clothes your not alone
If you're a geek scream it from the roof tops
If you're a nerd be proud of your brain and if your a gerk... well you get the point
"I walk, talk, eat and sleep on earth, but I live my life in a completely different world." If this sentence describes you, copy and paste on your profile.
If you wanna WHACK the BBC for cancelling Merlin, COPY AND PASTE THIS INTO YOUR PROFILE, GET A BAT AND FOLLOW ME. (On a different note, I can see why they cancelled the show. They had milked the cash cow dry on that one, I think, and they gave us an amazing ending. They also left us with a little something on the end to think about. Not to mention, that very same ending left them with an opening to make a sequel show (Or a set of movies, but the show would be preferable))
If you are the kind of person that gets really excited when you get like two reviews, copy this into your profile.
If you ever pushed on a door that said "Pull" copy this into your profile.
If you've ever had a mad laughing fit for no reason, copy and paste this into your profile
If you hate those obnoxious preppy people PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE copy this in your profile.
If you have ever burst out in insane laughter for absolutely no reason at all, copy this into your profile.
If you have your own little world, copy and paste this into your profile
Unsafe External Link