Author has written 34 stories for Harry Potter, Naruto, Digimon, Bleach, Hunger Games, Gravitation, Kingdom Hearts, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Tales of Symphonia, Inuyasha, Avengers, Star Trek: 2009, and Sherlock.
I've had a fanfiction.net account for a few years now and, as you can see through my favorites, I've read a LOT of stories. Some of them are fantastic and some are so painfully bad I couldn't look away. That said, I rarely RARELY review a story I've read unless it has something extraordinary about it. (Whether they are so good or so bad varies.) Some of the fics I have up at the moment were written a looong time ago and that is the only thing I can say about any immaturity that can be found in them. I've recently been inspired to do some new fics, the first in a while, so I hope you all enjoy them, though the majority of them are oneshots and I seem to write pretty angsty these days. . . :) ( I have no idea why I just combined angst and a smiley emoticon in one sentence.)
I'm a Harry Potter fan. I appreciate a good time travel fic. I have a Digimon fic that is begging me to finish it. If you listen closely, you might hear it weeping from the beyond. Currently I am switching between a fascination with Avengers, Sherlock, and Stark Trek movie verse fiction.
I recently graduated from college with a Bachelor's in English, so I have more free time at the moment, but grad school is just around the corner.
I'm particularly fond of 90s= early 2000 cartoons as I believe childrens' entertainment value has gone way down since I was a kid. I loved Sailormoon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Kenshin, and most other shows played on Toonami when it was up on CN. I'm really in love with Digimon right now. :)
I'm a yaoi fan girl. I tend to write slash, particularly graphic slash. I will have to say that if you have any unfavorable opinions about the pairings in my fics then keep them to yourself. I'm not here to please homophobes, I'm here to practice my writing ability and provide another insight to the many genres of entertainment we all love. I will venture to label my stories appropriately.
Favored Pairings: TAICH AND KOUSHIROU FTW!!, Spock/Kirk, Tony/Steve, StarkSpangledBanner (aka Tony/Steve/Bruce), Harry/Twin, and my newest OTP is Sherlock/John from the BBC's Sherlock.
NOTICE: I've joined the bandwagon and made an AO3 account under the same name (Iorek Byrnison). If you prefer that site then all my more recent stories are posted there. I have also made an account by the same name featuring my Kirk/Spock fics on the K/S Fanfiction Archive, which is a terrific repository of K/S fics. I've only two fics up at that site at the moment, but eventually there will be more.
About the stories:
I don't write often. I'm very busy, but occasionally I'll get story ideas in my head and they just won't go away until I write them down. That said, if the fic is more than a few years old (say early 2000s) then you read at your own expense. I cannot promise quality. Those stories were written long ago. If you want something more mature then read the recent fics. I'm keeping the old fics up simply because all of them have been favorited by someone and I don't like it when one of the stories in my favorites list just disappears.
Refer to the list below to know the current status of my fics. Some on the list are just prompts, but most of them have been fleshed out. There is no set order on which one I am working on, so it's just sort of there to let readers know what's eventually coming up in the future.
Those are probably the most important things while looking at my profile.
These fics are updated/created at my leisure. I may have a prompt for a story that I don't actually get around to writing for months. Similarly, I might have a one-shot half finished on my computer for even longer than that. This list is just a comprehensive of what I may be working on in the future.
1. To the Ends of My Courage: (Digimon) It wasn't easy being leader, but being friend, brother, son, and partner had always come naturally so Taichi stepped forward,walking toward the digimon that seemed darker than the depths of hell even as he heard Koushirou start to scream. Taishirou Slash (PROGRESS: Chapter 26 has hit a road block, but currently is about half way done.)
2. Life Sucks and then you die: (Avengers/ Harry Potter) As it was, even if wizards were generally more accepting of the unexplainable, no wizard would accept a 600ish year old Harry Potter without the inclusion of the Philosopher's stone, so he faded into the background, concealing his appearance. Until the day a robot crashed through the ceiling of Potter manor. The magically enforced stone ceiling. Ouch. AU fic, Beware of wormholes. (PROGRESS: Chapter four is in the works, I have most of it planned out, but no inspiration to write it at the moment.)
3. The Tragic Tale Ghostly Teacup and other things Luna Lovegood should not be able to do: (Avengers/Harry Potter) Part of the Life Sucks and then you die series. Luna Lovegood was never known for following the rules, but even after she's been dead for two hundred years, Harry Potter is still flabbergasted by the mysterious appearance of a ghostly teacup. In which Luna tells Harry the harrowing tale of how she obtained special roast brazillian tea in the afterlife and reveals exactly how she can change the passwards (sort of) (PROGRESS: Not started)
4. When Harry Met Coulson: (Avengers/Harry Potter) AU set during the Avengers movie in which Harry inadvertently saves Coulson from imminent death. Part of the Life Sucks and then you Die series. (PROGRESS: Not started)
5. Wizarding Real estate in a Super Hero world: (Avengers/Harry Potter) Part of the Life Sucks and then you die Series. In the event of trans-dimensional travel, Harry Potter always has a spare ancestral manor to take advantage of. He just needs to figure out where to put it. Inspired by a reviewer who wondered how Nick Fury would react if Harry had actually brought Potter manor to the Marvel verse. (PROGRESS: Not Started)
6. It's in the freaking job description: (Avengers/Harry Potter) Part of the Life Sucks and then you die series. Death waxes poetic on the fact that Super heroes die, but can't stay dead and how infuriating that is. (PROGRESS: Not Started)
7. Captain Aquarium and Tony Shark: (Avengers Movie Verse) SLASH Tony/Steve It started with a fish, well, a fish and a rabbit, but the fish came first and it’s where Steve Rogers prefers to start when telling the story of how he and Tony Stark fell in love. It was a hopelessly fluffy, benign tale that the genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist groaned at when Steve told it to other people. And Steve could admittedly see why. It was proof, after all, that Tony Stark did in fact have a heart. (PROGRESS: 3/4 done)
8. Memorandum: (Avengers Movie Verse) SLASH, Tony/Steve, Tony never told anyone about the gaps in his memory. They weren’t concerning, though they probably should have been. They’d been happening since as far back as he could remember and he’d always thought it was some sort of coping method his body created to deal with the shit storm that was his life. It wasn’t until Captain Freaking America showed up with an alarming amount of information about his past that he began to put two and two together. And, well, at first he was confused, then he was insulted, and then he was just curious. Steve Rogers is just along for the ride. (PROGRESS: 3/4 done)
9. Contingency Plans: (Avengers Movie Verse) SLASH Tony/Phil Coulson/Steve, An epic tale told in a not so epic way. Six months into his recovery of literally being stabbed in the back by a Norse God, Tony Stark walked into his apartment and demanded that he move into the newly renovated Avengers Tower. This set off a chain of events that Agent Phil Coulson wanted to say he never expected. Unfortunately he couldn’t. S.H.I.E.L.D. had a contingency plan for dating a genius playboy billionaire philanthropist. And when Captain America got thrown into the mix, well, S.H.I.E.L.D. had a contingency plan for that too. (PROGRESS: FINISHED)
10.The Impression that I get: (Avengers Movie verse) SLASH Tony/Steve, It was only natural that when Pepper Potts broke up with him, Tony Stark went a little off the deep.Okay, not just a little, a lot off the deep end, to the point where Fury was threatening at every turn to take him out of the Avengers Initiative and even Bruce found it hard to be around his fellow genius. And Steve himself might have been more than a little understanding if he weren’t resting on his first impressions. The Avengers as a team might have let it go, might have tried to help, if they had even known the breakup had happened. (PROGRESS: 1/2 done)
11. The Last Will and Testament of Uzumaki Naruto (sort of): (Naruto) PRE-SLASH/CLOSE FRIENDSHIP Naru/Sasu On the last day of Uzumaki Naruto’s life he was alone. To his comrades back in Konoha, those who knew and fought with the blonde man, that notion was slightly absurd. Naruto, Konoha’s number one most surprising shinobi built his legend on the importance of bonds and the power of teamwork. (PROGRESS: preliminary draft finished, just needs to be typed up)
12. Gossamer: (Naruto) SLASH Naruto/Itachi If he was honest with himself, Itachi didn't know when it began. Was love a part of his future or Naruto's past? Time travel was complicated like that. AU in which Naruto travels back in time to correct his mistakes and how it effects on Itachi Uchiha. ((PROGRESS: preliminary draft finished, just needs to be typed)This is a one-shot, but there is a vague plan for a continuation of this fic in Naruto's POV as well which is Not Started, but outlined.)
13. Don't Forget to Remember: (Naruto) Team 7 fic, Part of the Everything that Rises Must Converge Series, but not included in the one shots. During the day the sky was impossibly blue and the people of Konoha couldn't help but remember a smiling pair of eyes. The night was bleak, damp, and if he were any less of a man he would have shivered from the cold. As the tree splintered and exploded against her fist, the kunoichi knew she was the weakest of them, but she couldn't bear the thought of giving up. The stone was cold as he brushed his fingers across the names. Always, he stopped at a particular cluster, but these days there were new sorrows to contemplate, new griefs engraved upon a monument for heroes. (PROGRESS: FINISHED!)
14. It only hurts when you're alive to remember it: (Naruto) Supernatural/AU Mentions of reincarnation. He ignored the voice in the back of his head and the feeling of Kurama stirring anxiously close to the surface of the seal. If they ignored it, maybe this peace could last, but in the wind he heard it. His eternal companion could not let him ignore it. The words brushed his ears in a tragic caress. "You will regret this." (PROGRESS: 1/4 done)
15. Wonderwall: (Tales of Symphonia) Friendship fic They are not permanent. They are not changeless. But they do possess the ability to cherish what they receive. Zelos watches the fabric shift on Lloyd's back as he walked through the gates of Flanoir. "I trust you." And that made all the difference. (PROGRESS: Preliminary draft finished. Just needs to be typed.)
16. Lovefool: (Tales of Symponia/TOS Dawn of the New World) The moment it all went wrong, the world turned red. For a second, from one breath to the next, Zelos was plunged into darkness and the demonic gate was closing around Lloyd. He screamed and knew everything from that point on would be futile. (Drabble, PROGRESS: needs to be typed, lowest on the priority list)
17. All the Stars Laugh Sweetly: (Star Trek post Into Darkness) Friendship/slight pre-slash, It was almost inevitable that Khan's blood would change him, but two years into the Enterprises Exploratory mission, James Tiberius Kirk can't help but feel he might be losing his humanity. Spock watches his captain's dissent and decides to do his duty as first officer, even if he isn't so great with the emotions thing. (PROGRESS: Not Started)
18. I'll refrain from telling you I told you so: (Harry Potter) gen fic/drabble If there was something to be said for winning, then the Wizarding world had already said it. Twenty years after the scourge of the Dark Lord Voldemort was a mere scorched corpse upon the stone floors of the Great Hall, wizards still basked in the glory of victory. To Harry Potter, the ultimate victor, this obnoxious self-absorption that the Wizarding world adopted was grotesque. Certainly he’d grown from the battered teen he once was. Certainly his life had changed tremendously since that day Hagrid burst through the door on that hellishly stormy night, but even he could see trends. Even he could see that complacency was a one way street to the past. (PROGRESS: 1/2 finished)
19. Over the River: (Inuyasha) (Kagome's POV told in diary entries) When I went to history class two days ago I had no idea that my story would be the material for the next test nor did I even imagine that keeping a diary would get me an A in History. You, dear teacher, will probably read some fantastical diary entries two months from now, but know that every word in this assignment is true. The shikon mistress from the legends is me and I take solace knowing that you would never believe that. My Name is Kagome Higurashi. Welcome to my life. (Finished, ready to post, permanent hiatus)
20. Measured Existence: (Tales of Symphonia) Don’t beg for existence. Live strong. Be happy. Those were the lessons Dirk taught to Lloyd Irving with his dying breath. AU TOS if Lloyd had a different sort of upbringing. Kratos cannot bring himself to look away from who his son has become. (PROGRESS: Chapters 1 and 2 complete)
21. Best thing I never had: (Star Trek 2009/2013 Movie Verse) Possible Spoilers for Into Darkness, The crew of the Enterprise thought they knew Jim Kirk. They had him pegged: ship slut, full of bravado, selfish to a fault, but possessing an innate ability to Captain a starship. The crew was wrong. When a distress call comes through immediately after the Narada incident Jim’s past catches up to him in a very painful way. Mentions of Tarsus/Spoilers-incorporated Into Darkness/ Movie verse (PROGRESS: Not Started)
22. Maestro: (Star Trek 2009) Jim Kirk has some hidden talents that help make the most recent away mission successful. His crew isn’t sure what to think anymore. (PROGRESS: Not Started)
23. Gate of Kings: (Star Trek 2009/2013) It’s all cyclical and Jim’s spinning in his mind. Spinning and spinning until he flies out of control. In this moment “this time” transforms into “every time”. Every long pale limb thrown, curled, locked against his back, every strand of inky black hair that stubbornly sticks to a damp forehead is its own personal euphoria. (PROGRESS: FINISHED)
24. Supernova: (Star Trek TOS/Next Gen/2009/2013) He died first, before any of them. And somehow it made a sort of tragic sense, because something that burned so harsh and brightly would obviously burn out the fastest. The Enterprise crew mourn the death of their Captain. (PROGRESS: Not Started)
25. Pilgrim of Eternity: (Star Trek 2009/2013 He would have called it utopia, save that he didn’t want to jinx the peaceful feeling of being able to wake up without the expectations of everybody on his shoulders. There, Jim wasn’t Kirk’s kid, he wasn’t the practical orphan. He could have forgotten about Frank’s fist pummeling into his skin if only his aunt would continue to tuck him in at night. But the truth was, Utopias don't exist. They are impossible, because they aren’t probable. A truly perfect society cannot be made from imperfect beings. And Jim Kirk sure as hell wasn't perfect. (PROGRESS: Sort of/Possibly Almost finished, this one ran away with me.)
26. Buying the Space Farm: (Star Trek 2009/2013) Leonard “Bones” McCoy gets all of the troubles and pains of a friendship with James Tiberius Kirk, but none of the rewards. It’s high time he changes that. Or rather, the five times Leonard accidentally cock blocked Jim and the one time he did it intentionally with profitable results. (PROGRESS: Not Started, but planned)
27. Nothing Left to Say: (Star Trek 2009/2013) They call Jim Kirk an honorable man, maybe a little rough around the edges, but in a good, sort of exasperating way. He is a hero to many. His name is spoken as legend and he once gave the ultimate price to save the lives of his crew. But people don't understand that sometimes demons just need to be killed. Some events are devoid of compassion. Sometimes, the heart doesn't heal when it's broken. Some men don't deserve mercy And Jim Kirk has known a fair few of those men in his lifetime. Five men Jim Kirk had no compunctions about killing even if his crew didn't understand. (PROGRESS: Not Started)
28. Then I'm happy and All the stars laugh sweetly: (BBC Sherlock) After the fall, John writes letters to Sherlock in an effort to cope with the detective's death. Along the way, he learns a few things about himself too. (PROGRESS: FINISHED)
PROMPTS: In this section I will list story prompts that I don't intend to flesh out more than they are now. If you actually are one of the few who check my profile out and read this, feel free to browse this section and adopt a prompt or prompts. I only ask that you tell me if you've done one so I can check it out!
1. Fandom: BBC's Sherlock. (Requested pairing: gen or Johnlock):
John Watson dies with a bullet in his brain. Tragic to be sure, but he can’t say much, being the person who put it there in the first place.
2. Fandom: BBC's Sherlock/ Harry Potter. (Requested pairing: Johnlock) (ie, Give me some Potterlock)
The Letter came when John turned eleven. It was a complete surprise, not because things like witches and wizards and magic existed, but that John Watson had the gall to be one. Because John Watson was as ordinary as an ordinary person could be and if anything, it would have made more sense if Harry, his older sister, had been declared a witch. She was the rebel child, the one who snuck out at night, the one who had illicit affairs with her friends during “sleepovers” long before their parents ever caught on. Even if she turned out as a drunk divorcee, it would have still been more believable, John supposed.
The Guidelines of Picking a Story (PM me if you have any more. I will add to this as I think of them.)
I've been on fanfiction.net for a very long time and as such I have stumbled upon fics ranging from bloody brilliant to so gruesomely bad that they scrape the very bottom of human intellect. That said, I've developed rules in which I go by to ensure I don't purposely read something so bad it melts my brain. Like I've mentioned above, please feel free to PM me any more that you can think of. I'm doing this mostly in jest, but I do believe most of how I search is just plain good advice if you want to enjoy the fanfiction experience to its fullest.
1. If the summary has any grammar or spelling errors in it then don't waste your time. Chances are that if the author couldn't spell check one sentence then they haven't done so with the story either.
2. If the summary contains the words “the story is better than the summary” or “the summary sucks but the fic is better” turn around. It's a lie.
3. If the author of the fic has the username TWILIGHTROCKS or something to the effect of OMGEDWARDSQUEE then just assume the fic is dribble on principle.
4. Trying out new genres and story types is a good thing, but if the summary is borderline crazy weird then the fic probably is too.
5. Slash is your friend. Badly written porn by twelve year old kids is not.
6. If you are on the fence about a summary and you don't want to actually risk trying it out then check out the reviews. Reviewers give pretty decent insight towards a well written story. If the reviews all consist of “OMG I C8N't SpElL BuT UR stOry is the best in da WURLD!” then the opinions of the reviewers are all rendered invalid and you probably already have the answer to your dilemma. This method is not full proof, however. I've seen bad stories with uplifting reviews. I'm firmly of the opinion that any of the reviews I deign to write should be truthful, even if the truth hurts. That's the least I expect from my readers as an author myself.
7. If you are annoyed by reading a really great fic only to get to the last update and realize the author hasn't updated in three years then try using the complete only function in the search to save valuable time.
8. C2s are wonderful. Shifting through all the Favorites lists for individual users in the C2 section is not wonderful. Use the search features and go by either archive size or subscription count. It saves you time, but also beware of popular ship C2s. There are probably more TAITO, Naru/sasu, yuri sailormoon, and Harry/Ginny C2s than you can shake a stick at. It's not that they are terrible pairings, only that they probably carrying every fic written under the sun about that ship regardless if they are actually good or not.
9. If the summary of a story contains the words, "DUN DUN DUN!" turn around, do not pass go, do not collect $200. That story is not worth your time. Either the author is not serious enough about that story or it's just bad on principal.