Author has written 87 stories for Ronin Warriors, Yu Yu Hakusho, Yu-Gi-Oh, Knight Rider, Transformers/Beast Wars, Hellboy, Brave Saga, Rifts, and Danny Phantom.
About me – 40 years old, female, single, full-time employed, have chronic health issues. Life gets in the way of "funtiemz" a lot, hence the sometimes long periods between new one-shots or a new chapter on a longer fic, but I'm still here, promise!
Also . . . as I move into active love and writing in a new fandom, Brave Police J-Decker, I have made a resolution with myself - and to all of you - that I will not start posting a fic until it is wholly completed, be that a one-shot or a novel-length. It's a lesson I should have learned not just with Transformers, but with Yu-Gi-Oh! before that. It's not fair to readers to start a fic that might not ever get finished. With that in mind . . .
NOTE: All stories before October 1, 2013 are on indefinite hold till further notice (unless specifically marked discontinued). I still and will always love each previous fandom, but I've found that I haven't so far been able to return to stories in a previous active fandom . . . though I hold out hope of it. But for now . . . Yu-Gi-Oh! held my obsessive fangirl heart for over five solid years, and Transformers for just under four. I was beyond tired and ready for a new fandom when my "sister" sat me down to watch Brave Police J-Decker.
I do one day intend to complete those stories that are unfinished, but I cannot say when that will be. Thank you for your understanding.
Designation 24601(Wheeljack's history) for those interested in the reading order of my headcanon background - Ignoble . . . Dawn's Light . . . Nervous Energy . . . The Ties That Bind . . . Sparks Are Cheap . . . Two's Company . . . Secret Admirer . . . Dirty Dozen . . . The Now That Was Before (not a direct part of the series, more of a what-if)
On something of a side note, author Nikkie2010 asked permission to write a version of Slipgear's/Wheeljack's origin story based on my ideas, which I have fairly well developed but haven't gotten everything written yet. She's a new author and also practicing her English. New authors should be encouraged, and I was interested in what she would come up with, so I told her to go for it. Her first story, Dawn of Freedom, is the first of a five-story arc and is just amazing! I HIGHLY recommend it!
A comment on slash/yaoi - I don't generally go for it at all, but I can appreciate some pairings within the context of others' stories, if handled sensibly and the stories are well-written, the characters kept in-character. However, it is not part of my fanon, not something I write, and so my stories will never contain it. There are sometimes scenes in my fics that have a great deal of emotional depth and closeness - some of these characters are incredibly dear to each other, with or without romantic overtones - and so sometimes scenes that I write may seem to skate the edges. Some people will read into them what they want to see - I get that - but please also respect the spirit in which I intended them. Thank you.
Lastly . . . I don't normally perpetuate the "if you agree with (:fill in the blank:), copy/paste into your own profile", but . . . this one bears perpetuating.
The 27 Commandments of Fanfiction
1. Thou shalt not post a fic until it has been checked for grammar and spelling errors. The fanfiction gods hath given you a spellchecker on the computer for good reason. Use it. (Dragon: This is #1 for a reason! PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE people!!! orz)
2. Thou shalt not post a chapter of less than 100 words, unless it is a drabble. This displeases the masses.
3. Thou shalt not put author's notes in the middle of the story. (Dragon: OMG, this one bugs me so much!)
4. Thou shalt NEVER use text-speak in a fic, unless the characters are actually texting.
5. Thou shalt keep to one tense, and only one, throughout the story. Do not switch randomly.
6. Apply the above number 5 to POVs as well. (Dragon: or at least throughout a single scene. Switching POV's in a story between chapters or between scenes is workable...but not in the middle of one.)
7. Thou shalt not get offended when someone makes fun of the crack pairing featured in your fanfiction. It probably is rather hilarious.
8. Thou shalt not use :), ;(, or :( in a fanfiction to show the emotion exhibited by a character. (Dragon: this is an addendum to #4, really...)
9. Thou shall try-eth to keep characters in character! (Dragon: PLEASE! Unless it's pure crack and stated as much...or there's an in-story reason for the OOC-ness.)
10. Thou shall not treat every criticism as a flame.
11. The author's note is not a spot for your personal drama, and thou shalt not make it so.
12. Thou shalt not put any form of the phrase "first fic" in thy summary.
13. Thy created characters must not have names that exceed five syllables in length. Nor shall thy name have more than five words in length.
14. Thou shall not insert thyself into the story line as thyself or as a character- yes we know that you are in love with yourself and are very narcissistic, we just don’t want to read about how you end up with the main character. (Dragon: L-LOL I've broken this one...but it was also very deliberately done as a joke and experiment as well as clearly stated as such in the summary.)
15. If thou art writing a story that does not follow the original story line, point it out in the beginning.
16. Thou shall not make a person randomly smart or powerful unless stating a reason for the change (a good reason).
17. Thou shalt show and not tell.
18. Thou shalt not EVER use the phrase "I suck at summaries" in-est thine summary. This annoys thine readers. (Dragon: Fastest way to make me skip a story...)
19. Thou shalt not write the same way thou speakest - writing is an art. (Dragon: Yes! Yes, it is! Please to be acknowledging this. And practicing it.)
20. Thou shalt ALWAYS spell the word "okay" correctly. Using the letter "K" is an unacceptable compromise. (Dragon: Do people seriously do this!?)
21. Thou shalt only use clichés when thou a) art writing a parody or b) find a new and interesting twist to make such clichés bearable to thine reader.
22. Thou shalt always separate dialogue from two separate speakers in two separate paragraphs. Otherwise thine readers shalt be confuse-ed.
23. Thou shalt not EVER make a chapter all one paragraph. THIS INFURIATES BOTH THINE READER AND THE FANFICTION GODS. They have given thee an ENTER key with good reason. (Dragon: :repeats #20's incredulous question...: )
24. Thou shalt not write with thy caps lock on, it displeases the masses and causes thy readers to lose their vision and make angels weep.
25. Thou shalt know how to spell the character's names correctly before you writeth the fic. Misspelling the name of the main characters makes readers angry and distracts from the story.
26. Thou shalt not say in thine summary "summary inside". This shows lack of creativeness and infuriates the masses. The only exception is when a summary is cut short and a continuation of it lies inside.
27. Thou shall use paragraphs and space the story so it is not terrifyingly daunting to thine readers.
Yeah, couldn't resist commenting on some of these. As it is, I refrained from commenting as much/often as I wanted! O.o