Author has written 15 stories for Lord of the Rings, Labyrinth, and Frozen.
Me: Writer, reader, editor, Catholic, blogger, Lit student, teacher, baker.
- I like to psychoanalyse my characters. They always have a reason for whatever weird stuff they're doing, so feel free to ask me why and receive a long email in return.
- While Labyrinth and Frozen are my main fandoms, I am also obsessed with folk or fairytales. Mythology is awesome.
- I'm somewhat of a grammar Nazi, so hold me to a high standard of writing. If I slip up, let me know!
- I have another account on here for various reasons; it's LuisaRose (you can read more about me there) and I use it for my fairytale stuff. The only reason it still exists is that I don't want to lose my reviews on those stories.
- I'm fairly good at fluff and cuteness and unresolved feelings. Not so great at plot, though attempting to improve.
- As always, reviews are appreciated. When possible, I'll always reply to PMs and reviews. I like hearing from people. :)
BETA: If you'd like me to Beta your story, PM me and I'll have a look at your stuff and let you know. It sounds sad, but I really enjoy editing other people's work, so chances are I'll say yes. I've worked on dissertations, essays, scientific papers, business contracts, websites, translations, brochures, and many, many fics - so you could say I have some experience.
ARTWORK: I doodle, but that's about it, so if anyone ever fancies illustrating my stories you'd get mucho credit and love heaped on you. Just send me a PM if you think I'll be interested - I'm always looking for cover art, like the gorgeous one by Sylphien on GSUV.
LINKS FOR CHAPTER 36 OF GSUV:
Imagine the necklace as a mishmash of this and Jareth's pendant, more or less. They were what I took inspiration from at any rate!
Link for Sarah Smiles:
STORIES IN PROGRESS:
GSUV: Yes, I will finish it, don't worry! If anyone is worried by the length, be reassured that the chapters are short. Essentially a ficlet that somehow got waaaaayyy out of hand. Current updates are irregular, but more consistent than usual.
Also, it gets better towards the end. I've been writing it for over a year now and my writing has changed a lot, so do excuse the beginning.
Crossover between Frozen and Rise of the Guardians.
Sequel to Frozen.
RE: One-shots. A lot of people have reviewed The Perils of Peach Juice and asked me to continue it. These range from the polite request to the outraged demand. This is my response: while I highly appreciate the praise, I marked Peach Juice as 'Complete' for a reason. I had the idea for the basis of a one-shot and wrote it. As often happens, it evolved during the writing process, but at this moment in time I do not intend to write any more for it.
1) I like open-ended fics. The whole point is to stimulate your imagination and make you wonder what happened next. In the same way that movies end even if you want to know what happened next, my fics end sometimes.
2) A one-shot is written very differently to the first chapter of a story. If I ever were to go back and add more, I would completely re-write most of the story. In a one-shot, it's okay to sum things up shortly; in a long story, a completely different style is required.
3) I simply don't have any more ideas for that story. Believe it or not, all I ever envisioned was that one meeting between them. I have nothing that would be interesting to read and far too many good story ideas in my head to focus on something I'm not that interested in. If you guys have ideas - great! Write them yourselves and then send me a link; or send me the ideas and I'll jot them down. But seriously, I would politely request that I don't get any more "Why aren't you continuing this when it's so good?" or "It's ok but I want more". They're complimentary, but they're not gonna get you anywhere. :P
RE: Smut. Bet that got your attention! :P On many of my stories I've had people asking whether I will be writing love scenes, or as you looove to call it, smut. Here is my answer to that.
As mentioned above, I am a practicing Catholic. Part of living out my faith involves me being chaste in all areas of my life. This means no impurity or lust, no pornography, and no high-jinks with my boyfriend (who, I might add, is fully supportive of this, being himself Catholic as well). Yes it is hard occasionally; and yes it is TOTALLY worth it. But it does mean that I do not want to write sexually explicit material. It feels like a betrayal of my values and also a hypocritical thing to do - "I shouldn't read/watch porn, but I'm gonna write something that's awfully similar." I do not avoid the topic of sex completely. I actually happen to think it's more interesting/exciting to have things implicit rather than explicit, and occasionally I do tease my readers a little bit. But I will not ever be writing a sex scene. You're going to have to be content with the ever tasteful 'dot dot dot'. I like to think that my stories and characters are compelling enough that you don't need sex to stay and read; and if you do, well, there's plenty of it out there.
RE: Elsanna. This is partly something I've been thinking for a while, and partly in response to a review I just received on Insomnia: "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nothing dirty. Boring as hail". The only good part about this review is the pun, which may or may not be intentional. Okay, firstly: my rating is set as K on that story, so please don't be surprised to find clean stuff. Secondly, see above as regards my views on smut.
However, I also have very strong feelings when it comes to Elsanna. I happen to think that incest of any kind is wrong, and no amount of glorifying or romanticising will change that. But more to the point, when people write Elsanna fics, it upsets me because it's such an unlikely pairing and is so twisted to fit the desires of the creators. The whole point of Frozen and why it's so good is that it focuses on sisterly love - platonic, heroic, self-sacrificing, sisterly love. Other than Lilo and Stitch (fabulous movie, by the way), this is an unusual Disney angle and I think it's awesome. Anna saves Elsa not because she thinks she's hot, but because family comes first. And the crux was that the 'act of true love' didn't have to be romantic love - it could mean friendship or family. If you write that Elsa and Anna are busy making out with each other, you're essentially trampling over the message the writers of Frozen wanted to portray.
Moreover, the few Elsanna fics I've come across have all been so terribly written and pornographic that I've been disgusted by the first paragraph. If you're going to write incest, do it not for the sake of the sex but for the sake of the story, for the character development. Make it at least believable within the confines of the characters you're using as puppets. And at least do it well.
Unsafe External Link