Author has written 150 stories for Harry Potter, Fullmetal Alchemist, Avatar: Last Airbender, Avengers, Sanctuary, Firefly, WALL-E, Captain America, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, Thor, Black Panther, Ironman, Ant-Man, Wonder Woman, Jessica Jones, Eureka, Librarians, 2014, Warehouse 13, Criminal Minds, Hunger Games, Sherlock, Alphas, and Supernatural.
Let's do this again, shall we?
I suck at sticking to plans, even really straight forward ones. If you've been following for a while, you are probably already aware of this. So next to nothing from the previous to-do list got done. So they stay on the official plan. (I.E. nothing is abandoned, no matter how long updates take.) At any given time, I have a lot of WIPs. The queue is always shifting for what is actively being worked on, even before you consider my non-fanfiction projects.
So, other news: I've got sucked back into the Houses Competition for Round 7 of the Second Term and it looks like I'm continuing on for the rest of the term (or at least the next one). I'm also running (or something like that) a forum that focuses on issuing various challenges to writers. It's open to all fandoms and original content. So check it out with the link below.
My health is still shitty, but it's more stablish than it was.
The updated plan for the next few months:
- Finish the continuity edit on Through Feline Eyes (TFE), now that The Schrodinger Effect (SE) is completed.
- Finish Phase 1 of TFE, which takes the plot through the auction.
- Finish the Covers arc that is set between SE & TFE
- Clear out my 'Short & Oneshot' project folder
- Finish the crosspost to AO3, which means editing the older work
- Design a specialty cover for each of my series, to facilitate readers locating the pieces. Also, to edit the summaries to include a marker for each piece of a series or fill for a competition/challenge.
- Break the collected series into their own stories to make everything uniformed
- Finish the Connection series before Infinity War premieres on April 27 I failed to get the last one out, but people have asked for sequels, so...
- The Massive Proofread & Edit of Doom (MP&E), which means that I look at everything for shit that got missed in the proofs that came before
That's it. That's my official plan, other than getting away from the series that are eating my brain.
~Magi Silverwolf LP
Why do I take so long between posts?
In brief: I've got a list of health problems as long as my leg; I'm now a single mother of two girls about to enter their teens; I'm a fulltime student doing work study as a TA for a doctor whose memory for basic needs like food and drink is worse than my own. On top of this, I do private research projects for a variety of organizations & departments.
All of that makes me sound far more kickass than I actually am, but there it stands.
Fanfiction is a hobby and I only work on what wants to be worked on at a given time when I sit down to do it. Sometimes, WiPs take forever. I try to limit the number of in-progress projects available to the public. Trying to push for faster updates on them is the surest way of chasing off my muse.
~ Magi LP
Permanent Notes:I write like a shotgun blast. Not all topics are things that get published on FFN or even AO3. Not even all these topics are fiction or poetry. I publish academically under my real name and the occasional meta piece on Tumblr. I accept challenges and ideas. This also goes for if you noticed something in a finished work that didn't get resolved. Please be aware that what I write may not end up as you pictured when you requested it. But I will still ask what you had in mind, so be prepared to answer, please. I love reviews, but I'm not really good at answering them. I read every single one, tho' because I am like all writers in that I'm a greedy & selfish person. The best way to get me to actually respond to your review is to ask me a question about the plot or characters. That being said... If you feel that a character is being bashed, let me save you some time by asking that you not review. No characters are bashed in my works. However, I do not allow justifications for abusive tactics stand as evidence of a character’s alleged goodness. Your disagreement with the character portrayals within a work does not imply bashing on my part. Your disagreement of the meaning/implication of what happened in canon does not imply bashing on my part. Likewise, if you disagree with the way that I'm adhering (or not) to canon, it would be a waste of both our time for you to review. I don't have to justify how I see canon and neither do you. I don't have to convince you to see things my way and trust me when I say that I put way too much thought into picking apart various canons when I come up with my pieces. Chances are good that I've probably got a reason to see things the way that I do. As a general rule of thumb, please use these warnings as a blanket for
- LP - all HP projects: Implied/Referenced Child Abuse (aka The Dursleys of Canon Sucked); Manipulative Dumbledore (aka Dumbledore of Canon Sucked); and Non-Epilogue Compliant (if it led to 19 Years Later, just ignore it). As a blanket warning for
- LP - MCU projects: Implied/Referenced Child Abuse (so many A-plus Parents, so little time); Implied/Referenced Underage Sex (especially on anything based in or referencing the MIT era); Not Wanda Maximoff Friendly (aka MCU Wanda Maximoff sucked and Consent Matters); Not SHIELD Friendly (aka Consent Matters); Not Natasha Romanoff Friendly (aka Consent Matters); Not Steve Rogers Friendly (aka Standards are for Everyone); and Implied/Referenced Removal of Agency (aka Hydra et all Suck). I don't mark a fic as complete randomly. I love that you enjoyed the story, but please remember that. If a story is labeled as complete, it is because the piece's story has been completed. Following it doesn't change that. Asking for more will not change that. That being said, a lot of my works currently are also part of some series or continuum. Hence the specialized covers per series/continuum and the related section below. Following a completed story will not help you know when there's new pieces in the series/continuum because I don't update finished pieces with new chapters announcing them. That's against ToS. Why, yes, dear reader, there is a difference in pieces whose ending tag is "an ending" versus those with "the ending"! "An" signifies that my feeling at the time of writing it was that there was other stories to be told in that continuum--either backwards or forwards (sometimes around) from the particular story that wrapped. "The" means that my feeling at that point was that there was nothing more to tell. Muses are fickle things so neither are hard & fast rules, but they are a good indication, nonetheless. If you feel differently, feel free to drop a review or PM with what you think has been left unresolved.
Find Me Elsewhere:
Archive of Our Own (AO3): I'm Magi_Silverwolf. This is my main secondary posting site.
Facebook: I'm Magi.Silverwolf. Learn more about me and my process!
Fictionpress: I'm M.A. Silverwolf. Check out my original work!
Tumblr: I'm willowlark369. Check out my metas & random ficlets!
Active Competitions & Challenges
I am writing for Hufflepuff in during the 3rd Term of the Houses Competition!
I am participating in the Not Commonwealth Challenge, hosted by Monthly Challenges for All.
Advent Challenge 2016, 2017
Houses Competition (HC), 1st Term, 2nd Term
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, 7th Term
Romance Awareness Challenge (RAC) 2017
Romance Challenge (RC) 2018
Fem Power Challenge (FPC) 2018
By Any Other Name Challenge (BAON) 2018
Terms of Service (ToS) 2018
All-Female Ships (AFS) 2018
During the War (DtW) 2018
Sky's the Limit (StL) 2018
Seriously Important (Not) (SI(N)) 2018
Series InformationShades of the Past (HP): Sunder (oneshot); Remember Everything (oneshot); Messing Up (found w/i Stolen Scene); Always (oneshot); An Open Fire (series); Shiny Coins (oneshot); Amor Fati (oneshot); Circle of Runes (oneshot); Etching with Flames (teaser for Lines of Ogham); The Elucidation of Lines (teaser for Lines of Ogham); Empty Chairs (oneshot); Contradiction betwixt Worlds (oneshot); Nothing Lasts Forever (oneshot); Knowledge is a Rose (oneshot) An Open Fire (HP): A Need to Burn (oneshot); The Road to Hell (oneshot) Protection (HP): Circle of Runes (oneshot); Lines of Ogham (ongoing; 3 parts) Tapestry of Lives (HP): Threads of Life (pending); Weaving Lives (complete; 8 chapters); Knots (pending); Finger-painting Butterflies (oneshot); Unraveling Lives (pending); I'll Be Seeing You (oneshot) To Make a Difference (HP): Reprisal of Sins (oneshot); The Metanoia of a Bad Elf (oneshot); The Schrodinger Effect (complete; 7 chapters); Covers (series); Through Feline Eyes (Ongoing; currently 9 chapters); Racing Fate (teaser for Through Feline Eyes) Covers (HP): Defying Veils (oneshot); Trammeling Masks (pending) The War Inside (HP): Values of Battle (oneshot); Promises of Victory (oneshot) Love in Action (HP): Love in Perfection (oneshot); Love in Salvation (oneshot); Love in Adversity (oneshot) Different House, Different Home (HP; Hufflepuff AU): Only the Most Worthy (oneshot); Determination without End (oneshot); All the Rest (oneshot); In Loyalty United (oneshot) Ways of Communication (HP): Strength (oneshot); Ways of Lying (oneshot); Ways of Promising (oneshot) Legacies (HP x Sanctuary): On Loving a Dove (complete; 2 chapters); Echoes of Forgotten Hope (Mellith [complete]; Firgun [complete]; Carfune [pending]); Legacies of Blood (ongoing; currently 3 chapters) Pings of the Heart (HP x Warehouse-verse): Apples (oneshot); Strangers (oneshot); Roads (oneshot); Implosions (pending; oneshot) The Quiet Calm (HP x Criminal Minds): The Winds Blow (oneshot); Through the Storm (oneshot); Suffer the Sea (oneshot); Sky Come Falling Down (oneshot); The Universe Inside (oneshot); Under the Sea (oneshot); Feed the Rain (oneshot); What Fades Away (oneshot); Arms of the Ocean (oneshot); The Final Anchor (oneshot); Air on Fire (oneshot) Freak's Enough (HP x MCU; Studio AU): Simple Enough (oneshot); Loud Enough (oneshot) The Light of Mankind (HP x MCU; Sentinel Fusion): The Roots of Hawks (oneshot); The Howling of Sheep (oneshot); The Resolution of Soldiers (oneshot) The Purpose of Aeries (MCU x HP): Iron Jizz (complete; 6 chapters); Down (oneshot); Song of Circe (oneshot); Albatross (oneshot); Hummingbird (oneshot); Harpy (pending); Roc (oneshot); Daedalus Bound (Ongoing; 5/6 chapters posted) Some Iron Agent (MCU - IM & AoS): Somehow (oneshot); Something Missing (oneshot); Some Recovered Things (pending) Fruits-verse(MCU - Avengers): Blueberry Bribery (oneshot); Pomegranate Pact (oneshot); Blueberry Bargain (oneshot); Blueberry Belligerence (pending) Familial Relations (MCU - IM & AC): Stolen Son (oneshot); Protected Son (oneshot); Treasured Son (oneshot); Comforted Son (oneshot); Comfort Food (oneshot); Beaten Son (pending) Hearts Away (MCU - JJ): Run Away (oneshot); Stolen Away (oneshot); Take Me Away (oneshot); Walk Away (oneshot) Connection (MCU): No Debate Necessary (oneshot); Not Easily Done (oneshot); Pretend No More (oneshot); Not His Hands (oneshot) Poetry (MCU - IM): Villanelle (oneshot); Invictus (oneshot)
Tempting Hermione (HP): A Tempting Lie (by Magi Silverwolf); A Tempting Offer (by Dark Angel of Sorrow Returns); A Tempting Stay (by VanillaAshes); A Tempting Pain (by spittingllama7856); A Tempting End (by Aya Diefair)
Emotions (HP): Love and Joy (by spittingllama7856); Obsession and Sorrow (by Magi Silverwolf)
Editing Note: (4/17/2018) I removed three rather bulky sections detailing information about various projects. So if you're confused about where they went: don't panic. I did it deliberately.
(6/24/2018) Yes, a lot of stories have been moved. In fact, Snapshots of Love has been broken entirely and by the end of the week, both Pings of the Heart and Echoes of Forgotten Hope will be as well.