Author has written 4 stories for Batman, Harry Potter, and James Bond.
Unfortunately, I am indeed a Muggle. If I weren't, however, and managed to attend Hogwarts, I would almost certainly be sorted into Ravenclaw. Hence, MuggleRavenclaw. I'm not terribly fond of writing, but I try to work on it a bit. Most of my time on this site is spent reading.
I'm primarily a fan of Harry/Hermione stories, though honestly I don't have a problem pairing Harry with most girls from canon. He is such a nice guy that if the girl puts in the effort, their relationship could work. That said, I am MUCH more particular about who Hermione dates. She is by far my favorite character, so most boys simply aren't good enough for her. Neville has a chance. Ron barely deserves to be her friend. I like to pair Ron up with Lavender if he's being bad and Luna if he's being good. I'm not a fan of slash or femslash. Any pairing involving Voldemort is just stupid. Ok, my Very Important Rant is over. I hope it helped make the world a better place.
Nothing annoys me more than bad grammar or misspelled words running rampant in a story. Obviously, most of us on this site are amateurs, so mistakes will be made. This does not mean that authors shouldn't do their very best to eliminate all mistakes. You will never find consistently bad grammar in any of my stories, I promise. If you do, please let me know so I can correct it.
OOC. (Out of character.) Since I mostly read H/HR stories, I see OOC versions of Hermione the most. Just because a character is your favorite does not mean they are perfect. Similarly, just because you don't like a character does not mean he has no redeeming qualities. (Ron comes to mind here. Lots of HHR fics show him as a pureblood elitist snob who thinks Hermione should fall at his feet or something. While I think he is a bit of a jerk, he isn't a monster.) If you do not even attempt to write a character as they really are, I feel that you are disrespecting the original books. It is fine to change a key feature or two (make Harry more assertive or something), but if you write Draco Malfoy as sympathetic to muggleborns, you are simply using his name on an entirely new character. I get that this is fanfiction and you can do what you want, but it still bugs me.
Abandoned stories. This is my solemn vow before you all. I, MuggleRavenclaw, promise to never abandon a story, especially after a cliffhanger. If I ever do write a long story and get tired of it, I'll either wrap it up as quickly as possible (even if that makes the ending not as good as I would like), or I will find another writer to continue it. Massively traumatic real-life events are the only good excuse for abandoning a story halfway through.
1) Huh, all that talk about Harry Potter, and my first fanfic is a James Bond/Batman crossover. Short oneshot that hit me while watching a Justice league movie with Alfred. What did he do before Wayne Manor? I did a little digging (read: "one Google search") and found out that he was a secret agent. The next day I was watching Casino Royale and had a brilliant idea. This was the result.
2) "Too much, too late"
3) "A Man of Many Hats" I had a stray thought that just wouldn't go away: comparing Dumbledore to Gandalf. Finally, I started writing, eventually expanding that thought to encompass as many "wise old mentor" types that I could think of. This super short oneshot is the result.
4) "Floo Folly" Detailing the many valiant attempts by one Harry James Potter to master the art of Floo travel without falling on his face. This one started as a single scene where Hermione teases Harry from another room about his inability to stay upright, and grew from there. Chapter 2 is in the works.
1) Working Title: "Tales of Lemon Drops and Mismatched Socks"
2) Yet another "Change one thing about the Yule Ball and see what happens" fic. I'm making a loose outline for this one, since it has the potential to be my first longer story. Will be H/Hr.
I will never write slash or smut. Just, no. Sorry to disappoint anyone.
Unsafe External Link