Author has written 8 stories for Pokémon, Harry Potter, Naruto, A song of Ice and Fire, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and One Piece.
Hi fellow FFers...I think I just made a word to describe us...Eh, I'll go with it.
Bit about me:
22 years of age, at university studying medicine. That's all you'll get out of me. If you have any questions regarding my stories, feel free to PM me. I usually reply within a day, so you won't be ignored. Unless you flame me, in which case, you will be most definitely ignored.
Writing Status Update: I am currently in the process of re-writing The Prince that was Promised, mostly because it needs some tuning. Not to mention the contentious ending to Chapter 14 needs redoing. I am also removing certain characters, changing others and adding new content. Until I have finished writing the new updated chapters there won't be any new posts.
As it happens, I am posting the new chapters over on Spacebattles if you wish to see the updated material sooner, but otherwise please stop PMing me about when I will update. You will get them when you get them.
Gundam (OO, SEED, SEED Destiny, WING)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Sword Art: Online
Avengers Assemble (And it's components)
A song of Ice and Fire
The Hunger Games triology
Game of Thrones
Mass Effect Triology
Dragon Age series
Pokémon (who doesn't?)
Final Fantasy VII, VIII, XIII (et al)
Things I've observed in Harry Potter and Naruto fanfiction that have become somewhat common
- Civilian Council in Naruto - Don't get me wrong, the civilian population in Naruto weren't a friendly lot, but not once is there a mention of a civilian council. As far as I can tell, it's just the Sandaime's team mates, with Danzo in Shippuden. The whole Council bashing, particularly Sakura's mother, seems pretty outlandish to me.
- Naruto Mobs - There is no mention of any form of beatings that Naruto gets. Honestly, I get that people want to make a tragic story, but lets be realistic. The Third Hokage wouldn't allow such a thing to occur.
- Naruto the kit - The shape of the Tailed Beasts seems mostly superficial, if anything. Kurama isn't exactly a real fox, so for him to call Naruto 'Kit', as if he's Naruto's father, is outlandish, but fairly prevalent.
- Arrogant Sasuke - When people start having Sasuke as arrogant, I don't get it. Yes, he's emo, and yes he brood, but it's not like he has a superiority complex, he's just fixated on getting revenge...until recently, anyway.
- Physically abusive Dursleys - This one happens quite a lot. Save for Dudley's Harry Hunting, there is little to suggest that the Dursley's phyisically harmed Harry. If anything, they were emotionally neglectful, but that seems to be as far as it goes.
- There are hardly any good!Dumbledore stories - No where in fanfiction are there any good stories where Dumbledore is portrayed as a man between a rock and a hard place. Regardless of the prophecy, which is somewhat self-resolving due to Voldemort's belief, he is hard pressed to be able to do anything in a corrupt government. Although, he is a flawed character, he isn't exactly manipulative, he just didn't have a lot of options at the time, nor did he know who he could fully trust.
- Weasley Bashing - Now, while I'm not a canon shipper, I don't quite understand why people tend to bash the Weasley's. They all have their flaws, except Bill, but he's not really characterised and Charlie who is virtually non-existent, but those flaws make them human. Ron being jealous is understandable, given the fact he needs to live up to five older brother, and Ginny grew out of her crush quite quickly, even if it was off-screen/text.
- Spells that are so frequent they are pseudo-canon - A strong example is the notice-me-not charm. I seriously cannot find the origins of the spell, but it occurs so frequently, that I genuinely thought it was a canon spell.
- Where does it ever say that Sirius has a middle name of Orion - This bothers me more than it ought to. Granted, it makes sense, but...Really? So cliché. I mean, while Regulus has a middle name, it's never said that Sirius' was Orion.
- Magical Cores - What on earth is a magical core? Where does it exist?