Author has written 3 stories for Pokémon.
Hey everyone! I was a long time reader of fanfiction.net (almost 10 years) before I finally got account for myself. If an idea for a story sparks in my mind, I'll be sure to write it down. I'll update as often as I can, but there may be a few inconsistencies. One thing is certain, I am determined to finish whatever I start. As a fellow reader, I know it's rather depressing to see a good story never completed. I'm bent on finishing this series no matter how long it takes!
Lets start with the basics:
Name: You can call me fanaticLAguy or my nickname...Bobo
Location: It is LA as my name suggests, but not the city in California
Birthday: in June
Likes: Camping, Reading, Playing video games, Working out, Hanging with friends, Bible
Dislikes: Rude people, Bullies, and Coconuts. That's about it.
Favorite Games: Zelda, Pokémon, Mario, Final Fantasy, Harvest moon, Chrono Trigger, Tales series, Fire Emblem
Favorite Movies: The Sandlot, Remember the Titans, All Harry Potter, All Lord of the Rings, All Pirates of the Caribbean, God's Not Dead
Favorite Music: Not too much outside of contemporary Christian except classic on occasion
If you guys have any questions, please leave me a PM and I'll get back to you.
Story Status: Chapter 41: Posted
Chapter 42: 5125 words
My Top Ten Favorite Pokemon Anime Human Characters:
1. May- I just like her. After Misty left the series, May was introduced and the reactions were pretty negative. For me, it was quite the opposite. May was kind of a breath of fresh air to the anime. She was sweet, much nicer to Ash, and I loved her character design. She also was the first main series character of the anime to have a goal in something other than battle with Pokemon or breed them. She did contests which were at the time a brand new concept which made her character interesting to me. I also loved the student/mentor relationship she and Ash shared. Truthfully, I was and still am a strong Advancedshipper. In fact, it's my favorite pairing with Ash. SHOCKER! IT ISN'T AMOURSHIPPING!!!!!????? Heh. Her screen time in the Hoenn saga of my series is guaranteed.
2. Dawn- Another new traveling companion for Ash after May left. By now, I knew how the routine was going to go. Ash would go through a region, and he'd get a new female traveling companion each time. It was both a good and bad thing. On one hand, it was sad to see characters go after you spent a few years growing to love them, but on the other hand, they don't overstay their welcome. Dawn wasn't as original as May as she did contests, too, but I still loved her excitable and hyper personality and character design. I also believed she had great character development throughout the D/P series. I enjoyed the relationship she and Ash shared, too. Their high fives to each other were always a testament to their great friendship.
3. Brock- Though you may not know it given his lack of screen time in my series, Brock is still among my favorite characters. That's why I always try to make the chapters dedicated to him stand out. He's serious when he needs to be and is always there for the group as a big brother and advice giver when the group needs him. His serious character flaw in his girl craziness made me laugh a lot in the early seasons, but it got a bit stale as he kept on appearing in every saga until Unova. I always thought poor Brock should've ended up with someone in the series. Maybe he will one day? Who knows?
4. Serena- I remember when I first saw Serena and heard that she would have a backstory with Ash, I was excited. I could only imagine what the writers might retcon in the series to show for it, and it didn't disappoint. The shipping community in the Pokemon world practically exploded when it was CONFIRMED that Serena had real, true-blue CANON crush on Ash! Amourshipping lovers and haters flourished all across the globe. A lot people boarded the Amourshipping bandwagon (myself included). Some people would watch XY solely because of that reason! It was crazy! Then her goal was finally introduced which was met with mixed reactions. Some viewed it as a contest knock off while some noted a few similarities but still could tell the differences in Serena's goal. Serena is among the most controversial characters in the anime to date. I created my Road to be a Pokemon Master series in the prime time of Amourshipping and when I was still hyped from the pairing. It sometimes makes me wonder if I had created my series now if it would still have Amourshipping as the main pairing. Well, who knows? I still really like Serena and the excitement she created in the community with the risky move the writers took with her. To me, that's justified enough to keep using this pairing in my series until the end. Yeah. Amourshpping is only my number 2 Ash pairing.
5. James- Ah, here we go. The first bad guy on this list, but is James really all that bad? Sure, he's a member of Team Rocket, but he's differentiated himself from Jessie and Meowth by showing he has a very sweet and sensitive side to him. His Pokemon all seem to think so, too. Almost all of them can't resist chomping on his face or hugging him in affection (or falling in love with him in Mareanie's case). They all see in James what no one else in the anime appears to notice. I still wish Team Rocket would find something else to do in the anime since they do the same thing every episode. It's really boring even though they finally beat Ash fair and square in a Pokemon battle. Despite this, some of my favorite Team Rocket episodes are when James shows the caring side of him and his willing to help his friends and enemies when he can relate to them. James, the mighty Moltres!
6. Ash- The main protagonist of the anime. Oh, Ash. How you've fallen in my list of favorite characters. You were at number three but have dropped all the way to number six. Eh, it wasn't that steep of a fall, I guess. He had been such a great and strategizing trainer in XYZ after recovering from a step back in Black/White. Then...he goes and gets a ridiculous character design with a goofy face. He's so inconsistent with his skills as a Pokemon trainer. Now, to be fair, he isn't TERRIBLE at Pokemon training in Sun/Moon, and he isn't exactly STUPID in Sun/Moon, either. It's just he's almost there as a gag character which is something I'm not comfortable with if it's the main hero of show. Also, the fact that he isn't being awesome like he was in some previous seasons just feels like another step back. Well, maybe later on he'll become really cool again once the Sun/Moon plot finally picks up. For now, however, he shall remain out of the top five.
7. Clemont- The future is now, thanks to science! These were the famous words spoken by Clemont the Magnificent...before his invention would blow up in his face. This was hilarious at first, but it got a bit old as the series went on. Still, Clemont remained an interesting and great supporting character whose embarrassment from Bonnie finding him a wife was amusing to watch. He still never got one after all that time, but he was close at one point. Eh...it's okay, Clemont.
8. Misty- Okay. I want to clear up a certain misunderstanding people seem to have about me. I DO NOT HATE MISTY. In fact, I like her. People say I bash Misty in my stories, especially early on. I don't really see it. If you mean the fact that she was incredibly angry at Ash and Serena for destroying her bike, then I don't consider that bashing her character. A lot of people would be upset and angry if a stranger (or two in my series) stole their bike and then ruined it. Besides, Misty is prone to anger issues so of course she overreacted. It's in her character to do that! I actually toned down her resentment of Caterpie when I originally wrote the Viridian Forest section of my story by having her apologize to it and pet it, yet some people still accuse me of Misty bashing. They seem to forget the fact that she acted a lot worse in the anime early on. At least she doesn't hit people with mallets in my series. They also say that I bash Misty because she tends to get hurt a lot in my stories. She gets hurt because I like her and am taking the time to pay attention to her! If I hated Misty, nothing bad would ever happen to her! I wouldn't even bother with including her in my stories. Once again, I don't hate her. She was a funny and sometimes sweet character who I enjoyed and was saddened to see her go. She has shown that she really does care for Ash and her other friends' well being. It's not a ship with Ash that I sail, but I still totally respect people who support Pokeshipping for the right reasons. To each their own.
9. Paul- Sure, he's a jerk. Sure, he's rude. Sure, he's a person I wouldn't like if I met him in real life. Despite all of these negative qualities, Paul was the trainer who brought out the best in Ash. He was an anti-Ash and was Ash's opposite in every single way whatsoever. Their rivalry was among the best in the series to date (even on the same level as Gary and Ash). When Paul was there to criticize a Pokemon or release his Pokemon, Ash was there to defend them or offer them to join his team, and then turn said Pokemon into one of his best Pokemon who really showed Paul what a mistake he made. Paul was one of the main reasons why Ash was able to grow so much as a character in the D/P series. It's been one of Ash's most successful arcs as a trainer to date, and his and Paul's rivalry ended with a satisfying conclusion.
10. Lillie- The adorable, sweet, little cinnamon roll of the Sun/Moon anime who is afraid of touching Pokemon but slowly is trying to overcome that fear. It's still really early in the Sun/Moon anime, but I predict a lot of character development from her as the series goes on. She may get boosts in her current rank as the anime goes on, or she may fall. Who knows? Regardless, as of right now, I really like Lillie. Did I mention that I support Aureliashipping? (shot)
Top 10 favorite Pokemon in general:
1. Heracross- It's a freaking stagbeetle that kicks a whole bunch of butt and has excellent attacks to utilize its strength! It's so cool! I can remember always wanting one back in the days of Gold/Silver. I leaped for joy when I finally found one for the first time.
2. Hawlucha- A very unique combination of fighting/flying and even gets a signature move. I could imagine this thing in a wrestling match. I always name mine "Nacho Libre" in the games if I catch one.
3. Dragonite- The original dragon from gen 1 just oozes greatness. It looks cool and is no slouch in battle. What's not to love about this thing?
4. Greninja- It's a ninja frog that can throw shurikens made of water. Enough said.
5. Chikorita- Okay. I love how cute this thing is and its adorable voice to go along with. Sue me. I can like cute things even though I'm a guy!
6. Metagross- An excellent combination of psychic/steel with a boatload of moves and resistances to go along with it. Not to mention, it just looks really awesome, if not a little intimidating. This isn't something I would want to run into if I was alone.
7. Clefairy- Same reason as Chikorita, but to a lesser extent. Some may argue Jigglypuff is cuter, but I prefer Clefairy. It's also an alien from the moon! That also scores points.
8. Goodra- Honestly, I didn't notice this thing too much until Ash got one in the anime. Then I saw how awesome it could be when I was able to battle with one myself. I love it now.
9. Latios/Latias- The dragon twins have a great type combo and you can go soaring on them in ORAS. The movies they were featured in also made them more awesome.
10. Charizard- (Yeah. There it is...considering it's my avatar)
Honorable mentions: Tyranitar, Blaziken, Swampert, Sceptile, Totodile, Eevee, Jolteon, Espeon, Sylveon, Infernape, Arcanine, Scizor, Salamence, Terrakion, Keldeo, Staraptor, Oshawott, Aegislash, Gengar
Pokemon anime shippings I support:
Furthershipping (even though Leaf doesn't technically exist in the anime lol)
Pokemon anime ships I am neutral toward:
Pokemon anime ships I don't like/support
Pokeshipping - I believe Ash would be miserable if he was in a relationship with Misty with how she treats him. He needs someone who isn't going to want to hit him and yell at him every five minutes.
Contestshipping - I used to hate this shipping with a passion, but now I don't think Drew is as big of a jerk as I first made him out to be. I don't despise it anymore, but this ship still isn't something I root for.
Any Pokemon x People pairings -those are just gross and wrong on so many levels
Pokemon Manga pairings I support.
Virdianshipping -it's kind of a crack pairing, but I think someone kind like Yellow will be good for someone like Silver
Pokemon Manga pairings I don't support:
Oldrivalshipping- this ship is crack whether fans want to admit it or not; I probably wouldn't dislike this ship so much if it wasn't so overhyped despite there are virtually NO HINTS about it in the manga.
Dex holders from favorite to least favorite:
Lack-two (mostly because I don't know a whole lot about him)
Whi-two (same reason as above...and their names are pretty terrible)
Ash's current team:
Serena's current team:
Charizard (Charla) (F)
The Road to be a Pokemon Master: Johto Arc
The Road to be a Pokemon Master: Hoenn and Battle Frontier Arc
The Road to be a Pokemon Master: Sinnoh Arc
(working title for last story)
The Road to be a Pokemon Master: Kanto Arc
The Road to be a Pokemon Master: Orange Islands Arc
Upcoming Stories (won't be started until I finish the Road to be a Pokemon Master series)
A short story based on Pokemon Special, probably 5-6 chapters at the most. This is mainly just an experiment to make sure I can write the personalities of the dex holders well. The idea has been floating in my head for a while and will be listed as a "Humor/Family" story. I've been itching to get it on a word document. It won't be my main focus, however, and updates will take longer than my main series. If it's well-received, I'll probably do Pokemon Special one-shots on the side.
An anime-based mystery/adventure/horror fic. It's set fifteen years into the future of the anime. It's a fic where people are by themselves. Team Rocket controls the Kanto region, and everyone is now living life with no memories of their past with strange and wonderful creatures. If anything, they believed these creatures to just be a myth. However, Ash Ketchum has been having strange instances of weird creatures and a certain yellow rodent in his dreams lately. Determined, he sets out to find the truth with two questions in mind? What were these creatures that he's had dreams of, and what happened to them?