Author has written 89 stories for X-Men: The Movie, X-Men, X-Men: Evolution, Smurfs, DarkWing Duck, Doctor Who, StarTrek: The Next Generation, Batman, Red Dwarf, Cheers, Zathura, Blackadder, and Detective Conan/Case Closed.
A Bit About Me:
Hi, I'm Rowena Zahnrei! I've been making up stories since before I could write, and this is my current ln-Progress Story List. Below, you'll find my much longer collection of finished stories! Reviews are always welcome — I'd love to know what you think of my writings!!! :)
I've been asked why I write so much fanfiction. Answer: I have Asperger's, an autistic spectrum disorder, and writing stories about my fictional role models, especially Nightcrawler and Data, has always been my way of figuring out people, and better understanding the social worlds around me. Also, writing is a really challenging skill and I figure this is good practice. :)
Like my stories? Check out my crochet creations and my cool Halloween cloak with mechanical wings at RowenaZahnreiCrafts on Etsy!
NOTE: Hi Everyone! Sorry the updates have been taking so long, many many projects demanding my attention - the most pressing at the moment being an original sci-fi novel I've been working on since...well, for a long time but mostly since last year. The full manuscript is due in just over a week, so until I get that done I'm afraid my other stories have had to go on temporary hiatus. I'll be able to get back to writing updates for Alternative Data, Often Wrong, Skin Deep, A Different Kind of Ace, The Sands of Fate and my other sadly neglected stories after the Fourth of July, though, so thank you very much for your patience and please stay tuned! :D
I've also been busy slowly putting together a FREE AUDIO BOOK version of my Batman story, "THE MAN BEHIND THE GRIN," with real voice actors (and me!) reading the narration and playing the roles. The whole story is now complete and we're currently working on the recording and editing process. This is all totally volunteer so it will still be a while before a finalized, polished up version of the audio book is ready to post, but I'll keep you updated right here! :)
HERE IS MY IN-PROGRESS STORY LIST:
1) ST:TNG (Data,Geordi,Picard,Barclay,etc.): Alternative Data (NUDGED!)
2) ST:TNG (Dr.Soong,Lore,Juliana,Data): Often Wrong (NUDGED!)
3) ST:TNG (Data,Picard,Riker,Troi): Skin Deep: Part II
4) ST:TNG (Data,Geordi,Tasha,etc.): Croaked
5) ST: TNG (Data,Geordi): Hearts and Stars
6) ST:TNG (Data,Geordi): Mother's Day
7) Red Dwarf (Rimmer,Lister,etc.): A Different Kind of Ace
8) X-Men (Nightcrawler): Sinister Motives
9) Case Closed/Detective Conan (Conan,Ran,etc.): The Sands of Fate (NUDGED!)
10) Darkwing Duck (Darkwing,Launchpad,Gosalyn,Megavolt): The Ghoulish Ghost Cat of St. Canard
11) Blackadder (Blackadder,Baldrick): Forcing the Hand of Fate (this story's not so much 'in-progress' as 'under reconstruction.' I wrote the whole story in high school but the file's so badly corrupted some bits are unreadable, and the last few chapters are missing. I like the story, so I'm fixing it, but it'll take a while...)
I write when my other obligations let me — and, often, even when they don't. I'm also prone to migraines, which is frustrating beyond all belief, so when I get those any hope of writing anything can be written off. Awful!
I may not always update quickly and my inspirational obsessions with various shows/books tend to come in cycles, but I do make a point of finishing all my stories, no matter how long it takes, even--in most cases--years. If you ever feel I'm taking ridiculously long to update a story, please feel free to send me a nudge, either as a review or a PM and I'll put it at the top of the pile and make its next update a priority. After all, it's always more fun to write when you know someone out there is reading. I hope you enjoy my stuff, and I deeply appreciate all your reviews! Thank you! :)