Author has written 4 stories for Animaniacs, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Amazing World of Gumball.
Facts about myself:
I've been on this website for quote some time now and I've managed to complete three one-shots and abandon a rather popular story considering the fandom. Goes to show how responsible I am.
Sex : M
Facebook: Ask me
Currently in college going for a bachelors in Biology with a focus in health science. I then plan to either go to PA school, teach Bio labs, or teach middle school biology.
Favorite shows: Animaniacs, Spongebob, Regular Show, The Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory, American Horror Story, Star Wars: Rebels, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and The Looney Tunes Show, The Amazing World of Gumball
Most of what I have written on my profile was written when I was 14 years old. Please don't judge me too harshly for what I said/believed in when I was a young teenager :P. The only reason I haven't changed it is because I think it's interesting to reflect on how I have changed as a person throughout the years. I might rewrite my profile eventually, though.
My top 10 fanfiction commandments:
1. Thou shalt not write Mary Sues.
2. Thou shalt use good grammar. (doesn't have to be perfect, but it should at least be readable.)
3. Thou shalt not make OC the main character.
4. Thou shalt give constructive criticism, not flames.
5. Thou shalt not put things like "It's better than it sounds." or "I'm only _ years old so please go easy on me!" in the summery.
6. Thou shalt not steal ideas from other peoples fanfictions.
7. Thou shalt never write their personal fantasies as fanfic.
8. Thou shalt not abandon their stories.
9. Thou shalt not write fanfic in the form of a script.
10. Thou shalt USE PARAGRAPHS. Seriously, I don't care if Suzzane Collins herself writes a fic, if it doesn't have paragraphs, I'm not reading it.
10 things that I LOVE!
1. Star Wars.
3. Tiny Toon Adventures.
5. Horror movies.
6. Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (I cried tears of joy after watching it for the first time.)
7. Guardians of the Galaxy
8. Lip piercings.
9. Friends (the people, not the TV show)
10. Uhh... I don't really know.
10 things that I HATE!
1. Mary Sues/Self Insertions.
2. Homophobes. (there is a difference between someone who thinks being gay is wrong, and someone who hates gays.)
3. Gay-rights activists who hate Christians because they think they hate gays.
5. People who think all Police men/women are evil.
6. People who think they are better than someone because they are a few years older.
7. the number 7
8. People who abandon a story with no other reason than "I didn't feel like it". (hypocrite alert)
9. Stories that have an authors-note that takes up 90% of the chapter.
10. Atheists who call Christians stupid, and vice-versa.
Things that I look for in fanfiction: (Please note: I try my best to make my fanfic good. If my fanfics seemingly don't live up to these standards, just remember that I'm trying my best)
One of the main things I look for in a fanfic is emotion. When I read a fanfiction, I want it to make me feel something, whether that feeling is sad, happy, angry, warm and fuzzy, it can be any emotion really. But that's a big thing that I look for. A lot of stories that I read lack real emotion. Sure, they might be incredibly sad, angsty, happy, or joyful, but they don't convey those emotions to the reader. The fic itself is happy/sad, but it doesn't make the reader feel the same thing. A story that can literally change my mood is some of the best fanfiction around.
Another thing that I look for is some real thought in a story. Someone who sat down and thought about a good plot is very rare nowadays, especially in the Animaniacs fandom. I like stories with twists/turns, something that keeps me interested from beginning to end.
One of my biggest complaints in the A! fandom is that their are a lot of people who seemingly don't care about writing and don't care about improving. Nothing yanks my chain more than trying my best to help someone, only to have them brush it off and ignore it.
The final thing that I look for in fanfiction is creativity. A creative plot (something that hasn't been done yet in that specific fandom) can go a long way in terms of being a good story. In my opinion, this is one of the most important things in fanfiction. A plot that isn't new can completely ruin a good story.
Things that I HATE in fanfic:
Walls of text make me want to kill puppies.
Anything fangirl related. (OCxCanon, Yaoi that is seemingly there just to have an excuse for guys to screw, etc.)
Stories that have ENDLESS AMOUNTS OF FILLER!
Stories that have less than 1000 words per chapter.
Authors who make up excuses and try to make you feel bad for giving constructive criticism. (I'm only 12 so stop being so mean!)
Authors who are assholes for no reason.
Authors who are too easily offended.
Differences between flaming and constructive criticism:
"This story is shit. Just delete it you worthless pile of human waste. While you're at it, tell your mom that I'll be over at her house at 10 o'clock tonight ;)"
"This story is alright. There are a few things I feel could make it better though. First of all, try improving your grammar a little bit. Second, the writing is a little bit dry. Try being a little more descriptive. Third, I feel like the characters are a little OOC. Try making them a little more (insert personality trait here).
I think this story has potential. I really like the story that you're telling, I just think it could be made so much better."
As you can see, Flaming is just a nasty thing to do with no benefit whatsoever. It does nothing except make the writer feel bad.
In my opinion, if you're going to tell someone what is wrong with their story, you should always try and tell them what you like about it too. It makes them feel better, and they will more likely want to continue writing if they know they are at least doing something right. Always getting told the bad without the good makes the writer feel like they should just give up, which is NOT a good thing!
Kairos Impending (36)
Reggie Jackson (12)
Secret Saturn (27)
|Community:||Best Animaniacs fics you'll ever read.|