Author has written 20 stories for Fushigi Yuugi, Rurouni Kenshin, Sailor Moon, Harry Potter, Labyrinth, and Manhwa/Korean Comics/만화.
Update - 2011-11-02
Imagination is everything.
Hello again everyone!
As I updated previously, I've been working on a new version of To Live Again and Fight Together. Well, I'm very happy to say that I just posted the first few pieces of the new version. It's still being worked on as I jump into the next chapter and it's difficult since I haven't written for Fushigi Yuugi in so long, but I'm trying my best.
Also, I've posted the next chapter for Blood and Flesh, Love and War. This installment is definitely a behemoth, coming in at 10,903 words, making it my longest yet. Now that it's finally finished, I can move on and start working on the next pieces to the puzzle.
As for my other ideas in progress, they're definitely on back burner status. I have been tossing around ideas for the last piece in the Sailor Moon Fluff Series while re-reading and working out a timeline for True Blue, so they're not completely dead. I can't promise much, but I will keep on writing. Thanks for stopping by!
Fushigi Yugi stories: Fushigi Yugi was definitely my first grown up manga. I watched the Sailormoon anime as a child, but it was FY that really got me into manga. I still love the adventure and the romance. But I think my favorite part of FY was watching how Miaka matured from a bratty child into a strong young woman. I love dynamic characters like that. The thing that got me into writing was that Yui didn't get to mature like Miaka did and I felt it unfair to her, so I began focusing on showing how her character moves on from FY and grows into a better individual.
While Yui is definitely the main character in most of my work, I tend to write stories with ALL the characters, especially all of the Suzaku and Seiryuu senshi. I prefer mostly canon romances; Miaka-Tamahome, Soi-Nakago, etc; except for the Yui-Tetsuya romance. I honestly don't like it because I think it was a cop-out, and more often than not, my stories tend to be written in efforts to change that. My first story, True Blue, was definitely inspired by Hatred's Binds (by Nel) and This Time Around (by Alcestis). However, I definitely changed it up and my goal isn't a romance between my main characters. As for To Live Again and Fight Together, I wrote it in the beginning as a modernized attempt at FY fanfiction, but now I'm re-writing it as a romance-adventure, with my focus on growing up Yui. As for Blood and Flesh, Love and War, it was definitely inspired by Blood Dawn (by Ravyn), but it's become my fantasy/sci-fi piece in which I'm playing with everything from vampires to stealth technology. Also, while I do write a great deal of romance, I'm definitely an action buff, so don't be surprised to see fight scenes and action sequences in my work. I've been writing and reading them for a while, so my goal is to be able to paint an image with words and let the reader see the fight as I see it playing in my mind.
As for All Falls Down, it started with a distinct idea as a Nakago-Soi romance, but I've never able to fully materialize it. I'm not sure whether I should just remove it entirely or if I'd like to go back and see where I can take it.
Sailor Moon stories: Like any other little girl in the 90s, I was enamored with Sailor Moon and the concept of these young girls saving the world with "Love, Beauty, and Justice!" Since then, I've seen the uncut versions and read the original manga, and I still have to admit, Sailor Moon is the pinnacle of mahou shoujo manga ("magical girl comics").
I definitely tend to focus on the Inner Senshi and Sailormoon, even though I do love Pluto and Saturn. Surprisingly, I've never really been a fan of Uranus or Neptune. It's nothing against them, but their story never really enthralled me. With the Inner Senshi, I'm definitely a fan of fanon. I think that the Inners and the Shitennou belong together, no doubt about it. I don't think I could ever write a Rei/Yuuchiro or an Ami/Ryo just because I don't think it would work out, especially in Crystal Tokyo. As for Usagi and Mamoru, that's like peanut-butter and jelly. Instinctual. Enough said.
Right now, I've only posted the Fluff Series, as I first named it. It started out as an idea in which I present four different one-shots; a dub-based (meaning English names) canonical "Welcome Home"; a sub-based (meaning Japanese names) alternate reality "First Meeting"; and then two ideas I hadn't really flushed out in the beginning. Now I've added a third shot, a "Dark Kingdom" tragedy, showing how they died at the end of the Silver Millenium. They're turning out to be pretty dark, but I'm not sure if that's enough to change the name of the series, since it's been so long. I have to admit that this is the series I'm most proud of because it's my most mature writing to date and it holds a very special place in my heart, which I why I've never been able to actually say it's on hiatus, because I'm constantly re-visiting it.
Rurouni Kenshin stories: I became a big of RK after seeing the entire series on TV during elementary school. RK, I think, was my first anime/manga outside of shoujo and it's been a cemented figure since then.
As for the stories, I definitely focus on alternate reality-->future reality stories. I'm not too keen on writing Meiji-age because I don't think I'd change anything from canon and therefore it'd be pointless. As for the future stories, I definitely specialize in romance and my first couple was Aoshi-Misao. I think I started writing them because at the time, I connected the most with Misao. However now, I definitely think I'd focus any newer work on Kenshin since I'm very much enamored with the idea of writing a Battousai story.
Black Shoes started as a rom-com, but I think if I ever go back to it, I'm going to end up scrapping that first chapter and starting anew. I think when I was writing it, I was more apt to writing cheesy slapstick rom-com, but I don't think I can do that anymore, so it'd have to completely re-worked to fit my more mature style now. As for Boutique of Memories, it holds a special place in my heart for being a completed idea. I loved how I left it open, and I sometimes entertain ideas about going back and writing an sequel, but I think I want to finish my FY work before that.
Multi Chaptered Stories
1. All Falls Down - Can a simple meeting turn into something more? Do you whether you're going to get into something more than you bargained for? What if that leap of faith changes everything you believe in? Everything you trust? Everything you love?
(One word -- Hiatus.)
2. To Live Again and Fight Together - The seishi have all been re-incarnated. But their old life has not left them. Now the seishi must unite, ignoring their pasts and gods, to fight against an evil that threatens to erase their existence.
(Being rewritten! The first three parts of the new version are up.)
3. Blood and Flesh, Love and War - In this world, naive humans are unaware of the fact that they share their world with vampires and werewolves. Only an alliance of humans know the truth. But what will happens when two best friends are forced to save the world in such a way that it may as well change who they are.
(Chapter 4 is up! Next onto the stove is chapter 5.)
4. True Blue - Eighteen year old Yui seems to have her life back in order to only have it come shattering down with the appearance of a certain blonde. But that isn't all. Now she must face her demons or lose everything. Including the world she comes from.
(Chapter 13 is somewhere in the works. I have a good idea of what I want to cover. I'm just now trying to make it all flow.)
5. Black Shoes - Second year of high school was supposed to be a breeze for Makimachi Misao. But now that her schedule's been skewed, Misao must survive through her one Achilles's heel.
(One word -- Hiatus)
6. Boutique of Memories - "Pull out, measure, cut, snip, and wrap. This was the mantra drilled into the ebony haired girl ever since she was a child." "There is always a rainbow after the storm." "Hell broke from Pandora's box, but hope was also locked in it."
8. Lightning - A four part fluff series surrounding the Jovian Senshi and her Shitennou counterpart.
( The third part is in planning.)
9. Sunlight - A four part fluff series surrounding the Venusian Senshi and her Shitennou counterpart.
( The third part is in planning.)
10. Fireflies - a four part fluff surrounding the Martian Senshi and her Shitennou counterpart.
( The fourth part is in planning.)
11. Snowflakes - a four part fluff surrounding the Mercuian Senshi and her Shitennou counterpart.
(The third part is in planning.)
Enjoy the stories and leave a review!
Projects in Planning :
1. Bouquets of Morrow : An epilogue or continuation of Boutique of Memories.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall." - Confucious
|Community:||Chamber of the Heart|
|Focus:||Anime/Manga Fushigi Yuugi|