Poll: I've got a lot of W.I.P's going in right now... Which ones would y'all like to see updated the most? Vote Now!
Author has written 13 stories for Lord of the Rings, Ranger's Apprentice, and Silmarillion.
Hello! My name is Turien Turefinwe Narusse Talinte, Noldorin warrior-princess, Christian, Tolkien geek (not just a fangirl), and generally random person.
So, it's been a long, long time since I've updated this profile, and a lot has changed.
For one, I've read the Silmarillion, and my platonic romantic interests have shifted to Russandol, also known as Nelyafinwe, Maitimo, or Maedhros son of Feanor.
Also, I have a (possibly unhealthy) obsession with Noldor, Finwions especially. So you'll have to deal with my First Age fics for a while.
'Why, O my people,' he cried, 'why should we longer serve these jealous Valar, who cannot keep us, nor their own realm even, secure from their Enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengeance calls me hence, but even were it otherwise, I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and the thief of my treasure. Yet I am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your king? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the jealous mountains and the harvestless Sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to Middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless for ever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the salt thankless Sea? Or shall we go home? In Kuiviénen sweet ran the waters under unclouded stars, and wide lands lay about where a free folk might walk. There they lie still and await us who in our folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city. But by the blood of Finwë! unless I dote, if the cowards only remain, then grass will grow in the streets. Nay, rot, mildew, and toadstool.'
Feanaro's speech at Tirion on Túna, my current memorization project.
PLEASE NOTE: MY OLD THIRD-AGE STORIES (all but 'The Fire Within', 'Spirit of Fire', and 'I will Suffer Alone') ARE PRONE TO BEING VERY OOC. PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND DON'T HATE ON ME BECAUSE OF IT.
LIFE LESSONS FROM HALT
"Sarcasm isn't the lowest form of wit. It's not even wit at all."
"An ordinary archer practices until he gets it right. A Ranger practices until he never gets it wrong."
"People will think what they want to. Never take too much notice of it."
"There are always risks in battle. It's dangerous business. The trick is to take the right ones."
"Supper is important!"
"You're an apprentice. You're not ready to think yet."
"Always assume that your enemy knows you're there and will attack you. That way, you tend to avoid unpleasant surprises. It can still be unpleasant, but at least it's not a surprise."
"Trust the Cloak."
QUESTIONNAIRE THINGY FROM BLACKSHAFTED ARROW'S PROFILE:
1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT? A knife cut. No, really. From my pocketknife while trying to whittle a piece of wood into the shape of a Ranger saxe knife.
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM? A mirror... and nothing else. I have bare, cold walls.
3. DO YOU SNORE, GRIND YOUR TEETH, OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP? I used to grind my teeth, and I talk sometimes. Mostly, I act out my dreams. Which usually involve running, swordfighting, and archery. Makes for loud banging on the wall beside my bed.
4. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN To? Classical, Celtic, and Pop Christian.
5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN? Somewhere around 4:00 pm
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW? To become a ranger and meet all of my favorite rangers. From both Middle Earth and Araluen.
7. WHAT DO YOU MISS? The old days in which I didn’t have to worry about so much school. *sighs*
8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION(S)? Let’s see... my books, notebooks and laptop. Then my AWESOME bow and ranger cloak.
9. HOW TALL ARE YOU? Short.
10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC? Um... yeah. Definitely
11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK? Nope. The dark is my habitat. I’m more at home there than in the day. Better to hide in.
12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY? I don’t really cry. The most I do is tear up.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PERFUME FOR A GIRL? None. I hate perfume with a passion. I mean, seriously, what’s the point of covert movement if your quarry can smell you a mile away?
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE GENDER? Huh. Very dark brown hair, almost black, and grey eyes.
15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED TO? Probably somewhere really weird, like me. Perhaps on a rollercoaster just before the big drop?
16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK? C-C-COFFEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I’m addicted to the stuff!
17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING? Pepperoni and sausage with the meat pulled off. Leaves a delicious taste.
18. IF YOU CAN EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Skittles, hazelnut milk chocolate, and coffee.
20. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH? Not an actual fish, no, but I’ve eaten a lot of goldfish crackers.
21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU'VE EVER RECIEVED? I don’t get many of those. Perhaps my blanket. Yes, I’m an-age-that-i-will-not-reveal and I still have a special blanket. I’m not ashamed of it!
22. DO YOU LIKE ANYBODY? Majorly crushing on Faramir. Book Faramir mainly, cause he’s so sweet, but movie Faramir’s looks are pretty awesome. Oh, and there is a real guy, but I’m not telling. He doesn’t like me back anyway.
23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED? Yes.
24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND? Nondescript. My clothes come from consignments, Thrift Store, and Goodwill. Except for the ones I make. Those are from Jo-ann’s fabrics and my sewing machine. By far, they are my favorites.
26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW? Make that plural. Two dogs, Seven cats, and six chickens.
27. WHAT KIND IS IT? See above.
28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING? What? *scratches head* *Strokes imaginary beard thoughtfully*
29. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU? I have no idea. I’m really not very social.
30. TYPE A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED: 7. Gondor’s number!
31. QUESTION HAS BEEN...EXTERMINATED! ???
32. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL MOST OFTEN? I don’t use a phone much.
33. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST? When my plans to sneak up on people are foiled and when people (younger siblings) say that rangers are stupid.
34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA? Nope. Sadly. I’m planning on going to Peru this winter, though, and then Scotland and New Zealand before I die. Maybe Norway too.
35. YOUR WEAKNESSES? Too many to list here.
36. MET ANYONE FAMOUS? That’s a trick question. The people the world may think are famous are just a bunch of showoffs to me. Really, no-one should be more important than anyone else. God loves us all equally. We’re all famous in God’s eyes.
37. FIRST JOB? Doing CAD work for my Dad.
38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL? Very unfortunately, no. But I have pranked a lot of people. A lot. In other ways.
39. DO YOU SWEAR? No way. It’s downright unpleasant.
40. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE FILLING THIS OUT? Reading fanfic and roleplaying.
41. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY? Yes. A mole removal. That’s it.
42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST? My archery. Most people don’t compliment me. Either that or my artwork.
43. HAVE YOU EVER HAD BRACES? Have them now. They’re a pain.
44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY? Yew wood and leather and rawhide to make a proper longbow, softsoled leather boots. That’s pretty much it. Oh, and a real saxe and throwing knife.
45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT? As many as God gives me.
46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Nope.
47. DO YOU WISH ON STARS? Only in jest. If wishes were fishes, no one would be starving. They never come true, and it’s just superstition.
49. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE? Organix
50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes.
51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? None. Maybe turkey or roast beef, if I had to. I prefer barbecue.
52. ANY BAD HABITS? Procrastination. Obsessive compulsive disorder. That mostly sums it up.
53 WHAT CD ARE YOU MOST EMBARRASSED TO HAVE ON YOUR SHELF? None. I don’t have any.
54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I don’t know. I’m a bit on the solitary side. Very bad with social skills.
56. DO LOOKS MATTER? No. Unless, of course, you’re trying to be a ranger. Then, you NEED the cloak. Looks matter then because you’re supposed to look like you’re not there. Otherwise, no.
57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER? Shoot for a couple of hours and pretend the target is someone I really, really dislike.
58. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME? Camp Red Arrow. The place is awesome.
60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? Toy horses and my doll, who was very much a tomboy. :)
61. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE? Don’t know. I haven’t turned the thing on in months.
62. WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A KID? No way. EEEW!
63. DO YOU USE SARCASM? Very, very rarely. Sarcasm isn’t the lowest form of wit. It isn’t even wit at all.
64. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE? Macaroni and cheese.
65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL? I don’t really think about that too much. I’m not at that point yet. I just have a few crushes, but nothing really serious. I want him to love God, though, that’s for certain.
66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES? My lips are sealed.
67. WHATS YOUR FAVORITE BAND/SINGER? Michael W. Smith and Stephen Curtis Chapman.
68. WHATS YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW/S? None. I don’t watch TV. I don’t have it.
69. WHAT WAS YOUR ACT SAT SCORE? Don’t have one.
70. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Chocolate or Cherry vanilla.
71. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES? No. I’m missing three. Just kidding. I do.
72. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WORKED OUT? Yesterday.
73. DID YOU NOTICE THAT THERE WAS NO #64? Don’t lie to a Ranger. ‘Nuff said.
74. WHATS THE FASTEST YOU HAVE GONE IN A CAR? 75-ish. Not driving.
75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS? Does it matter? If you want to, go ahead.
76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? My ceiling fan and the sounds of crickets and cicadas.
78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My Dad. I VERY RARELY use the phone. I prefer face-to-face.
79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT SOMEONE? Their stance. By that, it’s fairly easy to tell the person’s general attitude.
80. FAVORITE THOUGHT PROVOKING SONG? Healing Begins by Tenth Avenue North.
81. FAVORITE THING TO HATE? All villains from LotR and Ranger’s Apprentice. Actually, we should change the question: ‘Who do you usually pretend your target is?’ In that case, it would be Maeglin from the Silmarillion. *growls*
82. FAVORITE MONTH OF THE YEAR? November
83. FAVORITE ZODIAC SIGN? None.
85. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR? Fiber-optic. Some days it looks red, some days it looks blonde, some days brown. I guess I could say copper.
86. EYE COLOR? Dark brown.
89. FAVORITE FAST FOOD RESTAURANT? Chipotle Mexican Grill. It lacks the processed taste of other Fast Food places.
90. YOU LIKE SUSHI? Nasty! Disgusting! No. Way.
91. LAST THING YOU WATCHED? Amish Grace
92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR? A day in November. Doesn’t matter which.
93. PLAY ANY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS? Violin, Viola, Piano, Guitar, Tinwhistle, and I want to play the lute and dulcimer.
94. REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT? Neither. I’m Tea Party.
95. KISSES OR HUGS? Hugs.
96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS? Relationships.
97. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT? Skittles.
98. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU HAVE? I don’t drive. My parents have a couple of old cars, though, a minivan and a Ford Explorer. They’re both old and tired.
99. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? Ranger’s Apprentice: Halt’s Peril by John Flanagan.
100. DID YOU REALLY JUST ANSWER ALL THAT? Yes. I wouldn’t be typing this if I hadn’t, would I?
This is How you KNOW you're obsessed with Ranger's Apprentice.
1. You can qoute almost all of the dialogue.
2. You can hear Wills' voice in your head.
3. You just KNOW Halt's also in your head, telling Wills' voice to shut up.
4. You've memorized "Greybeard Halt"
5. You want a bow and arrow set.
6. You actually dream about Ranger's Apprentice.
7. You're reading this right now.
8. You sneak around, trying to scare people like you're a ranger.
9. You want to be a ranger.
10. You read Ranger's Apprentice and now you think being short is SO COOL!!
11. You write fanfiction for Ranger's Apprentice.
12. You think it would be fun to be Wills' apprentice.
13. Now you're sad because you aren't.
14. But you imagine yourself as his apprentice.
15. Now you're grinning like a moron.
16. The front left side of your brain is constantly saying, "Rangers Rangers RANGERS! MUST! READ! RANGER'S! APPRENTICE!!"
17. You'd LURVE to meet John Flanagan.
18. You happen to know that there's a contest to do so.
19. You're now jumping up and down, fangirl shrieking about meeting Flanagan.
20. You're going to enter the contest.
21. You're sad because the contest is over.
22. You want to kill me for telling you about a contest that's over.
23. You call John Flanagan "Flanny" sometimes.
24. You'd rather read Ranger's Apprentice than do your homework.
25. You'd rather read Ranger's Apprentice than watch TV.
26. You always want to read Ranger's Apprentice.
27. You want there to be a Ranger's Apprentice comic book.
28. You'd actually tackle glomp someone if they had a Ranger's Apprentice comic book.
29. You'd cry with joy if you got to have a Ranger's Apprentice comic book.
30. You'd cry in despair if the comic book got damaged in any way.
31. You just KNOW that the Ranger's Apprentice books radiate power.
32. You accidently called your brother "Horace" yesterday.
33. If you had a munchkin cat you'd name him "Will"
34. You want to warp yourself into the Ranger's Apprentice world so you can replace Alyss. (Okay, not quite with me...NO GETTING MARRIED!)
35. You're smiling and nodding while you read this.
36. You CANNOT WAIT ANOTHER SECOND for the Ranger's Apprentice movie.
37. You want to see the Ranger's Apprentice movie in the theater.
38. You're going to spend the whole movie going fangirl.
39. You're going to have a hard time not fangirl squealing during the film.
40. You know it's the truth.
41. One of the reasons that you can't wait to see the film is so you can go fangirl and scream at your friends about how cute Will is.
42. He really is adorable.
43. Your parents want you to shut up about Ranger's Apprentice already.
44. They really really want you to.
45. Now you're going to post this list in your profile with everything you've actually done or thought in bold letters.
46. You just hit copy.
47. Don't lie, you know you did.
48. You're thinking about Ranger's Apprentice again.
49. You even know the names of the background characters.
50. Now you're sad because there are SO many other things that can prove you're obsessed with Ranger's Apprentice.
Things you are NOT allowed to do in Ranger's Apprentice, and what will happen to you if you do.
1. You are NOT allowed to sing "Greybeard Halt". Halt will make you spend the night in a tree. A PINE tree O.O
2. You are NOT allowed to answer a question with another question. Halt will glare at you and make you feel stupid.
3. You are NOT allowed to say "But I thought..." Halt will say "you're and apprentice. You're not supposed to think" or "If you thought about it, you wouldn't ask"
4. You are NOT allowed to give Tug more than one apple a day. Halt will say "One is quite enough." Tug however, will tend to dissagree.
5. You are NOT allowed to question Halt's skills for ANY reason. Odds are he'll kill you. Painfully.
6. You are NOT allowed to tell anyone that Halt's not really grim all the time. He'll knock you into next week and then kill you.
7. You are NOT allowed to sing "We're off to see the wizard" on your way to visit Malcolm. He'll turn you into a lizard.
8. You are NOT allowed to send your Christmas wishlist to Erak. He'll brain you with a battleaxe. After stealing everything on the list.
9. You are NOT allowed to sing "Santa's comin' to town" when you see Erak coming. He'll brain you with a battleaxe.
10. You are NOT allowed to ask why, exactly, Keren's name is Keren. He'll hypnotize you.
11. You are NOT allowed to sing "Dude looks like a lady" when you see Keren. He'll throw a blue rock at you.
12. You are NOT allowed to hum the James Bond theme while tracking things with Halt. He'll shoot you with an arrow.
13. You are NOT allowed to hum alien music as you near Healers Clearing. Malcolm will kill you.
14. You are NOT allowed to use the "Green Giant" jingle when you see Trobar. He'll steal your puppy.
15. You are NOT allowed to to talk about your wonderful recipe for clam chowder in Skandia. You'll be brained.
16. You are NOT allowed to iceskate on the pond in Skandia. You'll be assigned to the paddles (But hey, at least you'll get to stare at Will)
17. You are NOT allowed to kill Alyss and Evanlyn when they stare at Will with you. Will will NOT marry you (Shame...)
18. You are NOT allowed to sing the munchkin theme song around Will. He'll shoot you.
19. You are NOT allowed to call Halt "Lucky the Leprichon" he'll kill you.
20. You are NOT allowed to ask Will about Crocodiles. He'll think you've gone mad.
21. You are NOT allowed to ask Halt to do an impersonation of Demo Man. He'll shoot you.
22. You are NOT allowed to switch Halt's coffee to decaf. You will die a slow painful death.
23. You are NOT allowed to oil the hinges on the door of Halt's cabin. He'll kill you if the intruders don't.
24. You are NOT allowed to threaten Will. Horace will challenge you to single combat and stick you with his dagger.
25. You are NOT allowed to ride Tug. He will throw you off and Will will shoot you for trying to steal his horse.
26. You are NOT allowed to write out the key to the Couriers Code. Crowley will rant and shoot you so full of arrows you will be remembered in death as 'The Porcupine'.
27. You are NOT allowed to fight a mad axeman with only your two knives. Gilan will throw you off a cliff so that he doesn't have clean up the mess.
You know what Mommy
You went to the doctor today.
I can hear that doctor again.
Every Abortion Is Just . . .
One more heart that was stopped.
If your against abortion, or if you almost or did cry reading this repost this on your profile.
Repost this if you're against abortion!
|Community:||The House of Finwe|
|Focus:||General: All Categories|