Author has written 7 stories for Stargate: SG-1, Harry Potter, and Stargate: Atlantis.
"Back to poor Harry screwing up the universe, the way only a modestly magic trained abusively muggle raised teenage boy who just killed the lunatic who tried to kill him as a baby and hunted him his whole life while living in a pre-Victorian magical society in the 20th century would..."
* * * INFORMATION ON SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, CANON, FANON, I.E. THE FACTS AS I KNOW THEM * * *
Here is some information on common themes or complaints or whatever that I get from time to time about certain 'factoids' portrayed in my stories.
1. The number of stargates in the Milky Way galaxy. I have been using 396 because that is the number I counted when I went to this web site (( stargate wikia com wiki Stargate_Network )). Sure there are probably thousands of others, maybe even millions. But, since the original story didn't even mention them in passing any use of them on my end would be entirely made up. Which is okay too, if I find I need more than 396 stargates.
2. The way stargates work or are addressed. I am claiming author's prerogative on this. In all of my stories, all of the stargates and relevant dialing devices have an additional final symbol or address that is unique to each gate which allows discrete addressing of a unique gate.
3. The standard hyper-space speed of a Ha'tak. A standard Ha'tak is 32,000 times the speed of light or 32kly (Teal'c's statement in one episode of 10x is completely wrong and I am ignoring it), see reference (( stargate wikia com wiki Ha%27tak )). At that speed a Ha'tak could travel from Earth to Pegasus galaxy in 12,500 years or to the closest galaxy Andromeda in 78.13 years. Next, the following is how I estimated the speed up the upgraded Ha'taks that Apophis and Klorel used in episode 2.01. Using a round number, Carter said it would take at least a year to get from the planet the ship was orbiting to Earth based on what she knew of a standard Ha'tak. To her surprise, this new Ha'tak made it in less than a day, so for round numbers I will say the new Ha'tak is 365 times faster than the old standard therefore it is 11,680,000 times the speed of light or 11.68mly. This would put it at 34.25 years to reach Pegasus, or .21 years (2.6 mos.) to reach Andromeda. Note that this new Ha'tak is not the new more uber-powerful one he later gets from taking over Sokar's forces which the series refers to as Apophis' mother-ship. We know that it is faster than a standard Ha'tak, but we don't know if it's faster than his previous new model, or did he just bring those Sokar ship's up to his spec. after he took over Sokar's forces? But the new Sokar mother ship had "superior shields, and had weapons which could incinerate a Ha'tak in six shots."
4. Asuran Home world (Asura). In my first story Alteran Gift I made an error in my estimation of the resources of the Asuran's. After further review of episode notes, I have concluded the following. They have 1 city-ship replica of Atlantis amidst a much larger planetary city metropolis (it's not dozens of city-ship's as I first thought). They have 42 Asuran Aurora battleships (also their shields and drones are far weaker than Lantean Auroras). They also have smaller Asuran Cruisers but details are not given. The planetary crust is rich in neutronium (a very valuable resource, which is why the Lanteans put the replicator project there in the first place). They have 6 shipyards (on the surface). The Asurans know how to make ZPM (Potentia). The Asurans are easily re-programmable (both the Wraith and the SGA expedition managed it). The Asuran HFR's can shape-shift at will as they are composed of many nanites and not true bodies, they just imitate the appearance of human life, hence they are immensely strong and are immune to Wraith stunners and can toss them around like toys. The Asurans know how to create nano-viruses and other organic bio-weapons.
5. The size of Atlantis. Queue church music. Everyone say a prayer and now look to see if I agree with your religion. Okay, so here is the deal. Many people will tell you that using examples from the show to look for scaling and dialog clues will give problems because for one thing, the size of Atlantis seemed to change from the beginning of the show to the end of the show. They weren't always using the same CGI model apparently. OK, blah, blah. Rodney McKay was quoted saying "That would be like trying to search every room in every building of Manhattan." That is canon. It might also be canon hyperbole or exaggerated metaphor. But it's almost the best canon we got. Because of this I made Atlantis in my stories 87sq km area at its base which is the size of Manhattan, only this one is snow-flake shaped. I rounded my max population up to 2 mil from Manhattan's 1.6mil just because I wanted a nice round number. What this means for my Atlantis is that to equate to Manhattan's area with all other things being equal like relatively the same amount of space wasted or not dedicated to residential for the purpose of this calculation, Atlantis is 5.26km radius or 10.52km diameter giving it surface area at its base of appx. 86.92 sq. km., which makes Atlantis 2.6 times larger than the most often quoted 4km diameter.
If anyone wants dialog with me regarding any of my stories, you will need to send me a personal message from a registered fan fiction account inside the site. That is not a guarantee I will respond, nor that I will respond kindly to flames and childish stupidity. But, it is the only way I will respond at all. You should note that messages sent as a 'guest' do not give me any chance to reply and therefore will be summarily ignored. I will not reply to reviews, no matter how kind or constructive or friendly they are. I thank you for those kind reviews. But, I refuse to continue to attempt dialog with anyone via author notes in these published stories. That simply isn't the place for it and I have found it severely distracting from the theme of the stories themselves.
Please use the reviews and personal messaging to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge-or your inability to suspend disbelief. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.
|Community:||Harry Potter in the World of Stargate - Completed|
|Focus:||Books Harry Potter|