Author has written 7 stories for Harry Potter, Underworld, Smallville, and Misc. Plays/Musicals.
Hello, and welcome to my little slice of paradise.
In my opinion music and the written word is superior to all. Everything else’s false.
Name: Danielle Nationality: African American
Country: America (but I’m going to travel the world and live in England when I’m old enough or so I hope)
Screen Name: Dark88Poet, because that is who I am and I’m proud of it
Places you Can Find Me:
Interests/Hobbies: I’ve been singing since I was a kid. I started writing poetry in the 4th grade after I got published for the first time. I started writing music when I was 14. Music is my life no doubt about it. Aside from poetry and music I’ve also harbored the not so secret desire to be a published author.
Maybe one book based on my life, another, of course, about music, and may more as far away from my life as possible.
Why I sing/write:
Why I love to read:
Same reason I love to sing and write. It takes me away from everything. I become the character. I love with them, loose with them, cry and win with them, I would almost trade reality to be a character in my favorite book (The vampire Chronicles by Anne rice)
• Everything I write either hints at or is full blown dark/depressing, angry, and chock full of betrayal. There are the few rebels but for the most part that’s it. I write how I feel. I hate being repetitive so I try and find new ways to express it all. I like to think my words are thought evoking. Sometimes I don’t explain because I want to see what you come up with.
the Dresden Dolls
Music I despise
• Anything fake and unworthy to be listened to
Books I love
• The vampire Chronicles by Anne rice• Anything by Amelia Atwater Rhodes • Anything by Francesca Lia Block
I write about anything and everything. I’ve leaned not to force myself or the song will be crap, so most of the time I let it come to me.
Things I Hate
Prejudice • Racism
and many more, trust me. I'm a movie fanatic
Alas, Now I Shall leave you with some of my favorite quote’s
• The time has come," the Walrus said,
Alice Through the Looking Glass
• When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why God? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off" - Stephen Kin
• When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading
• I don't like people who take drugs... Customs men for example
• Homosexuality in Russia is a crime and the punishment is seven years in prison, locked up with the other men. There is a three year waiting list
• Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die
• The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help
• Some people say that I must be a horrible person, but that's not true.
• I: Let the bad color not be seen. It attracts them.
• The three biggest lies men tell:
• Hell is a constant. It has always been and always will be the same.
• I don’t believe in labels.
• "If they ever tell my story let them say that I walked with giants.
“You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?”~ Stephen Wright
“Life is too important to be taken seriously.”~Oscar Wilde
•"Hello. My name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
• Cri pour moi. Ne ayez jamais honte. (Cry for me. Never be ashamed.)"
• I swore thee fair and thought thee bright, who art as dark as hell and black as night."
• High School's Like Politics, Everyone’s 2-faced
“I’ve been things, and done places.”~ Mae West
“Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.”~James Dean
• Television is anothe example of how people will look at anything instead of each other.
The Truth is rarely pure and never simple
“When I was a little girl, I was never told I was pretty. Every little girl should be told they are pretty, even if they aren’t.”~ Marilyn Monroe
“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”~Robert Frost
“You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you, Peter Pan. That’s where I’ll be
"Long before history began we men have got together apart from the women and done things. We had time." - C.S. Lewis
"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read." - Mark Twain
"Women wish to be loved without a why or a wherefore; not because they are pretty, or good, or well-bred, or graceful, or intelligent, but because they are themselves." - Henri Fredric Amiel
"Absence diminshes small loves, and creates great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and blows up the bonfire." - Francois de la Rouchefoucauld
"All generalizations are false, including this one." - Mark Twain
"Marriage is the only war in which you sleep with the enemy." - Gary Busey
"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important." - C.S. Lewis
"A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water." - Sidney Goff
"The course of true love never did run smooth." - William Shakespeare
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." - C.S. Lewis
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing." - Anais Nin
"There is a time for departure even when there's no certain place to go." - Tennessee Williams
"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." - Kahlil Gibran
"If the whole universe has no meaning , we should have never found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never have known it was dark. Dark would be without meaning." - C.S. Lewis
"In every American there is an air of incorrigible innocence, which seems to conceal a diabolical cunning." - A.E. Housman
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark Twain
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." - C.S. Lewis
"I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived." - Margaret Mitchell
"Love is strong, yet delicate. It can be broken. To truly love is to understand this, to be in love is to respect this." - Stephen Packer
"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it." - Mark Twain
"I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: "I'm ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don't accept his claim to be God." That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic -- on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg -- or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." - C.S. Lewis
"The constitution gives us the right to pursue happiness. You've got to catch it yourself." - Benjamin Franklin
• If you’d like to you can visit my blog. Sometimes I have work up there before I Post It Here.
Please FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS FOR ANY ENTRY
Plus There are many more quotes and things posted
Or you can just im me.
I just want to take this time out to say thank you to the Widow Dracula, you are way to kind and the reiew you left me was way to much. You are a much better author than me, in fact i'm reading Dragon Scales and Cat tales right now. Thank you so much
I also want to say hi to myfatherisaba, thanks for the chat. I'm working on the next chapter of golden year right now.