Author has written 9 stories for Rhapsody Trilogy, Tales of Symphonia, Legend of Zelda, Ouran High School Host Club, and Naruto.
Thursday, October 28, 2010 - Profile and FAQ updated. Blind's Sequel "Fidelis" is posted.
Frequently Asked Questions - Some of the same recurring questions keep coming up in my reviews, so I'm answering them here.
Q: Will you read my story?
Q: When do you update?
Q: Why can't you update sooner?
Q: You have lots of chapters written but haven't posted them yet. Why?
Q: When will Blind's sequel come out?
Q: How do you pronounce Kanaye?
Q: In Blind, how old are Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto?
Q: How long is Blind going to be?
Q: When are you going to be done?
Q: Lemon? Plz?
Q: Are you going to pair Itachi and Nariko together?
Information for Blind: A reviewer asked me to re-outline the arcs that I had planned out for the story, so I did. But I thought it only fair that I put it here too for all to see. The information will change as I progress through the arcs, so you'll be able to see what's in-progress and what's written pretty much in stone.
Hospital Arc (1) - Covers the introductions of the scenario, hospital healing love, much. :3 (Chapters 1 - 11)
Some people have asked me about tips about writing. So I thought I'd share. :)
1) Try to avoid using the verb "to be". Instead of saying "she was walking down the path", say "she walked down the path". Instead of "I am sleeping in a cold, damp place", try "I sleep in a cold, damp place." The verb "to be" is an overused verb when we speak. If you can eliminate as many "am"s, "are"s, "is"s, and "was"s, your writing will become much more powerful. It's not always possible to get rid of all of those words, but the more you can get rid of, the better.
2) Try not to use words that modify adjectives. For example: very, really, super, so, etc. Instead of saying "The water was very hot", try using a word that describes the hot water. "The water was scalding." Even just saying "The water was hot" makes the writing more powerful.
3) Using vague words like thing and stuff, should be avoided. "It" is also one to be avoided, but it's okay in smaller quantities.
4) Try and use poetic words. Use a thesaurus. Microsoft Word Thesaurus is okay, but there are some online ones that are better, and a Roget Thesaurus is one of the best.
5) Avoid using the same words to start each sentence. "It blah blah blah. It blah blah blah. It blah blah blah." Gets boring fast. Try mixing up your clauses a bit.
6) When using dialogue, don't always use "said" when when you want your readers to hear the character speak a certain way. Use other words: growled, whispered, muttered, whimpered. The thesaurus is a good place to look. You can throw a clause in too. For example: "Don't talk to me like that," she put the plate on the table, "I don't like it." If you want a person to pay special attention to the dialogue and not so much what the people are doing, only use said. "Look over there," she said,"An avalanche." The word "said" becomes invisible to the reader and the eyes travel over it without registering it. It becomes more of a tag, just to let the reader mentally know who is speaking.
7) Don't use exclamation marks. The writing tone becomes cheesy and over-dramatic when you use them. If you must use them, use one every 500 words, as a rule of thumb.
8) Show people what happens in the dialogue. Don't tell them. Instead of saying "he was absolutely terrified!"(very bad sentence), use words that instill fear, or make the character act in ways that show he is scared. Make him fidget, make him tremble, or not look people in the eyes. Don't tell us what a character is feeling, but instead what he does so that we can see how he feels.
Random Stuff about Me
Name: 'Sidian' works. :3
If you want to see my art, click on the homepage above.
Things I don't tend to read, but will makes exceptions to: High School fics, OC-centric fics, vampire fics, tragedy (angst good, tragedy bad), long-winded stories that are purely random, song fics. I also don't tend to read fanfics that are made from books, movies, and TV shows--mostly because I find it hard to visualize.
Current List of Favourite People (in no particular order):
.Hack//G.U.: Liked Couples: HaseoxAtoli, KuhnxPi, YataxPi (I suppose), BoxAina (because I can)
Final Fantasy VII: Liked Couples: CloudxTifa, RenoxTifa, YuffiexReno, VincentxLucrecia, ZackxAeryth
Final Fantasy X, X-2: Liked Couples: TidusxYuna, RikkuxGippal, PainexBarelai
Kingdom Hearts: Liked Couples: RoxasxXion, SoraxKairi, RikuxKairi, RoxasxNaminé, RikuxNaminé
Legend of Zelda: Liked Couples: LinkxMalon, LinkxIlia, AnjuxKafei
Tales of Symphonia: Liked Couples: LloydxColette, KratosxAnna, ZelosxSheena, GenisxPresea, EmilxMarta
Avatar, the Last Airbender: Liked Couples: KataraxAang, TophxAang, ZukoxMai, SokkaxYue, SokkaxTy Lee, SokkaxSuki
Stargate: Liked Couples: SG-1: JackxSam, DanielxSarah Atlantis: MckayxWeir, TeylaxShepperd
Bleach: Liked Couples: IchigoxRukia, HitsugayaxHinamori, GinxMatsumoto, ByakuyaxHisana, ShunsuixNanao, UraharaxYoruichi, TatsukixIshida (because I can), JintaxUruru, ChadxOrihime, IkkakuxMizuho (crack instances only), ShuuheixSoi Fon (again, because I can)
Escaflowne: Liked Couples: VanxHitomi, AllenxMillerna, AllenxMarlene, One-sided MerlexVan, YukarixAmono, and Folken with
Fruits Basket: Liked Couples: YukixTohru, ShigurexMii, One sided UoxKyo, KyoxKagura, HitorixKana, HaruxRin, HiroxKisa and I suppose a little of KyoxTohru
Karin/Chibi Vampire: Liked Couples: KentaxKarin (obviously), RenxHinata (from the manga)
Naruto: Liked Couples: SasuSaku, NaruHina, ShikaTem, ShikaIno, SaiIno (I'm flexible with Ino and Shikamaru's relationships), NejiTen, KakaAnko, AsumaKurenai, SuiKa
Ouran High: Liked Couples: HikaruxHaruhi, KaoruxHaruhi, KyoyaxRenge (for randomness' sake :3)
Shaman King:Liked Couples: YohxAnna, HorohoroxTamao, RenxPirika, LysergxJeanne, HaoxMacchi, HaoxMari
Vampire Knight: Liked Couples: YuukixZero, RukaxKain, YorixAidou, SenrixRima
I don't tend to read crack pairings, ie. RauruxRuto, SeymourxLulu, DrydenxHitomi, etc. You get the point. I don't mind OCs, as long as they don't majorly conflict with any of the above couples. And I absolutely refuse to read anything yaoi, yuri, or incest. I apologize if I've offended anyone, but I do not feel comfortable reading these kinds of fics. I'm not homophobic, I just do not agree with the homosexual way of life. There is a difference between being afraid and not seeing eye to eye with someone. I can respect homosexuals as people, just like I can respect atheists even though I'm religious.
And that's all I can think of. If I come up with more, I'll post them too.