Poll: Calling all Victorious and Bade fans! I want to write a Beck/Jade romance one-shot based off of "A Christmas Tori," which, if you recall, is the episode where Beck can't sleep because of the cricket in his RV. Would you like to see pure fluff in my story, or would you want to read something a bit more angsty with a heaping side of hurt/comfort? (I promise there will still be plenty of Bade sweetness either way.) Vote Now!
Author has written 99 stories for Lab Rats, 2012, Cloud 9, K.C. Undercover, Dog with a Blog, Big Hero 6, Mighty Med, iCarly, Bunk’d, Best Friends Whenever, Girl Meets World, Zootopia, Liv and Maddie, Lab Rats: Elite Force, Mech-X4, and Victorious.
Christian, budding author, high-schooler, homeschooler, INTJ, juris naturalist, future English major with a theology minor, American, only daughter, older sister, book enthusiast, history buff, deep thinker, critic of illogical things.
If you have questions about any of these things--my beliefs, personality, interests, etc.--don't be afraid to shoot me a PM. I don't bite, but I do lick. And I take forever to respond. You've been warned.
Check out my stories while you're here. I've written for several categories, including many Disney shows and a couple movies. My newer stuff is better than my old stuff, but for some reason, my old stories get more reads. Come on, people!
If you'd like to know more and check out some of my other work on the web, go to my blog at daphrose.wordpress.com.
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your stay.
Name: Daphne Rose. Call me Rosie.
Age: Old enough for real prison.
Hair color: Dark brown. Dark, dark brown.
Eye color: Blue-grey-green.
Height: 63 inches/160 centimeters. I’m a shorty.
Home: Arizona, USA
Conditions: Near-sighted, chronic tinnitus sufferer (ringing in my ears 24/7).
Main fandoms: Lab Rats, Mech-X4, Star Wars, Adventures in Odyssey, World of Warcraft, and Skillet.
Personality type: INTJ-T
Where else to find me on the web: FictionPress (for original works), Archive of Our Own (the other platform I use to post fanfiction; same username) daphrose.wordpress.com (for blog posts about story updates), and daphrose.com (for more about me).
Hobbies: Reading, writing, drawing, acting, video games, crafting, finger-knitting, cake decorating, listening to music, the internet.
Causes I care about: Food allergy awareness, pro-life advocacy, evangelism, apologetics, mental health awareness, non-interventionism, homeschooling advocacy.
Favorite movies: All the Star Wars movies, Zootopia, Finding Dory, Grace Unplugged, How to Train Your Dragon, Big Hero 6, Lemonade Mouth, Earth to Echo, Mom's Night Out.
Favorite TV shows: Lab Rats, Mighty Med, Kickin' It, Dog with a Blog, I Didn't Do It, Avatar: The Last Airbender, A.N.T. Farm, Wizards of Waverly Place, iCarly, Liv and Maddie, Best Friends Whenever, Mech-X4, Victorious.
Favorite video games: World of Warcraft, Zoo Tycoon 2, Kinect Sports, any Lego games on Xbox, Halo Wars, Choices.
Favorite musical artists: Skillet, Nine Lashes, Red, We As Human, Ashes Remain, Thousand Foot Krutch, Immediate Music, for KING COUNTRY, Future World Music, John Williams, Mattia Cupelli, Switchfoot, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Britt Nicole, TobyMac, Jamie Grace, Newsboys, Imagine Dragons.
Favorite songs: "Not Gonna Die" by Skillet, "The Resistance" by Skillet, "Anthem of the Lonely" by Nine Lashes, "Write It Down" by Nine Lashes, "We Fall Apart" by We As Human, "Let Me Drown" by We As Human, "Hymn for the Missing" by Red, "Love and Loss" by Mattia Cupelli, "Protectors of Truth" by Immediate Music.
Favorite authors: Andrew Klavan, Sylvia Engdahl, C.S. Lewis, Bruce Brooks, Joan Bauer, Kenneth Oppel, Agatha Christie, Chris Grabenstein, Robin McKinley, Anne Ursu, Orson Scott Card, Gary D. Schmidt, David Liss, Heather Vogel Frederick, Rebecca Stead, Timothy Zahn, John Knowles, Mark Twain, Chaim Potok, Russell Roberts, O. Henry, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Richard J. Maybury, Josh McDowell.
Favorite books: Enchantress from the Stars by Sylvia Engdahl, Airborn by Kenneth Oppel, the Homelanders series by Andrew Klavan, The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley, Randoms by David Liss, The Invisible Heart by Russel Roberts, More Than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell, Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson, A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle, The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis, What Hearts? by Bruce Brooks, Hope Was Here by Joan Bauer, and anything else by the authors listed above.
“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”
"Writing is easy. All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead."
"If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing."
"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say."
"I write when I'm inspired, and I see to it that I'm inspired at nine o'clock every morning."
"People do not deserve to have good writing, they are so pleased with bad."
"Always grab the reader by the throat in the first paragraph, send your thumbs into his windpipe in the second, and hold him against the wall until the tagline."
"Everything that is written merely to please the author is worthless."
"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself."
"Show what must be shown, and tell what must be told."
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
"Facts don't care about your feelings."
"Change can help you change, you know, and that can be a good thing."
"'If it were not perilous, it could not be very powerful,' Georyn observed. 'For does not power always carry some sort of danger?'"
"My father says she was born lucky. He says I was lucky to be born. I don't need luck, though. I don't want it. I've always had to struggle and fight and that's made me strong. It's made me who I am."
"I whispered the fastest prayer I know, probably the oldest prayer known to man: Help me!"
“Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less.”
“The people who hanged Christ never, to do them justice, accused him of being a bore - on the contrary, they thought him too dynamic to be safe. It has been left for later generations to muffle up that shattering personality and surround him with an atmosphere of tedium. We have efficiently pared the claws of the Lion of Judah, certified him 'meek and mild' and recommended him as a fitting household pet for pale curates and pious old ladies.”
Random, unique facts about me:
- My dog is named Scooby. I'm named Daphne. That wasn't on purpose.
- I don't like food. I consider eating to be a necessary evil. (Nope, no eating disorders. Most food just makes me gag.)
- Laura Ingalls Wilder was my childhood hero, and she's a big part of the reason I'm an author today.
- I'm a Christian, ergo I would rather write the f-word a hundred times than write out OMG once. I'm not taking my Lord's name in vain, and if you think that makes me a priss or something, here's a face to show how much I care about your opinion: -_-
- I plan to work in student ministries at whatever churches I wind up at throughout my life. I would also like to write curriculum for middle/high school youth groups.
- The NIV84 is my favorite version of the Bible, followed by the ESV.
- My dog is an alien. No, I'm not kidding. He's from Canada.
- My favorite joke is: "There are two kinds of people in the world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data."
- I have set foot in a public school classroom a total of two times in my life.
- I've never been east of Colorado or west of Hawaii.
- I like to draw people more than anything else. I'll often doodle my characters in my notebook during church.
- I've been dehydrated bad enough to go to the hospital.
- I've never read or seen Harry Potter. You don't have to yell at me. I've heard it all from pretentious Potterheads, and, frankly, those kinds of demeaning attitudes do not make me want to read the books.
- I have never heard silence.
- I went through a ridiculous Star Wars phase in middle school, and I still retain some of the most random facts from my near-constant browsing of Wookiepedia.
- Speaking of random facts, I have a crazy amount of random medical knowledge that I've accrued from my years of doing research for my stories. Most of it is not useful in everyday life, but if you ever need to know about pneumothoraxes, spinal cord injuries, or hypovolemic shock, I'm your girl!
- I know how to finger knit. I can make hats, scarves, bracelets, bookmarks, butterflies, coasters, rugs, and more.
- I'm grateful that you read all this. I hope it entertained you. Now go read my stories!