Author has written 19 stories for Inuyasha.
We now have a Monk_and_Miko LiveJournal Community!
Thanks to WinterAshby, I've been inspired to create this new faction of MnM to both bring in new members/more activity and give us a new place to share fanfiction amongst ourselves. This way, members can submit reviews to each other without flooding everyone's mailboxes on the MnM mailing list!
All important messages will be posted to both Yahoo! and LiveJournal, so no members will miss out on anything. For those of us who lurk on LJ more often than Yahoo! (such as myself and a couple other members I could name), this will turn out to be far more convenient.
There's nothing up yet, but I've had promises from one author about posting her response to one of MnM's challenges there tomorrow. Additionally, there will be a new contest in July for fanfiction and fanart. Hopefully, by then, we'll have enough members to actually gather a significant number of submissions and activity will be on the rise. Until then, anyone can feel free to submit their responses to the challenges listed below to myself, Megami no Eien, and get this show up and running.
Feel free to join now!
Also, we have a new DeviantArt account, which will be moderated by WinterAshby (since she was the one to create it in the first place, heh heh) and will provide MnM members with a place to post fanart. Naturally, all of MnM's upcoming fanfiction contests will now include a fanart category, as well, so that members who are more artistically inclined will have the opportunity to showcase their talents to other MirokuKagome fans.
This is how Monk_and_Miko will work henceforth:
Yahoo Groups --> Primarily discussion.
The link to the original incarnation of Monk_and_Miko at Yahoo! Groups is posted above as this profile's website. Naturally,new members are welcome there, as well.
Megami no Eien
Hello All! This account has been set up for the activities of the Monk_and_Miko Yahoo! group, a fanlisting for the InuYasha couple Miroku and Kagome. Here you will find group fanfiction--Round Robins, contests, etc.--from both multiple group members as well as individual. If you do not like the couple of Miroku/Kagome, then you are in the WRONG place. If you would like to subscribe to the list itself, please click the link above. Also, announcements of group activities will be posted in this bio on occasion by the Monk_and_Miko leader/moderator/mom, Megami no Eien.
So far, therehave been0 fanfiction's submitted unsuitable for fanfiction.net. Keep us on your alert list if you wish to be notified of new publications.
CHALLENGES: The most recent facet to our group is a list of open-ended challenges centering on the Miroku/Kagome pairing. In lieu of wishing to gain more members and more submissions for these challenges, the rules and current challenges will be posted on this and the fanfiction.net account. If you would like to submit a response to one or more of these challenges, please send them to Megami no Eien, the list owner, atthe above e-mail address, email@example.com .
CHALLENGE RULES: These rules apply to both MonkandMiko members and outside authors who wish to submit a response to one of our challenges.
Please, if you write to one of our challenges, SEND US YOUR FANFICTION! We WILL exercise our right to report you for abuse if we feel that you have inexcusably used our challenges without giving us credit. Also, all chapters -- including continuations of the original fic and/or additional chapters to One-Shot/Epic challenges -- must be submitted to Megami no Eien. Feel free to post them on your own accounts as well, of course, but be sure to give credit to MonkandMiko for the challenge/inspiration.
As opposed to Contest Rules, Challenge Rules apply only to open-ended challenges without strict start and completion dates. These challenges are open to change at any time and may be found on Monk_and_Miko Yahoo! Groups/LJ Community as well as the group fanfiction accounts on www.fanfiction.net and www.MediaMiner.org .
The EXAMPLE challenges for clarification purposes are as follows:
Plot Challenge – "Due to adverse weather, Miroku and Kagome are trapped alone together for a night!"
Sentence Challenge – "I feel loved. Violated, but loved."
Rule One: All entries must follow the provided challenge.
(a) You may choose any challenge you like from the provided list, but the author must remain faithful to the chosen idea. Feel free to expand the challenge to include other elements, but do not stray completely from the initial concept of the challenge.
(b) If the challenge is plot-based, you must revolve your entry almost entirely around said plot.
If the challenge is "Due to adverse weather...," please be sure to include elements key to the development of the plot. Ie, they must, at some point, be trapped together due to conditions beyond their capacity to control.
( c) If the challenge is sentence-based, you must, at some point, include the challenge sentence in your entry.
EXAMPLE: "I feel loved. Violated, but loved."
Of all things, Kagome had not expected the rush of heat that went through her when she kissed the perverted houshi. A quick kiss – get him out of this mess – and that was it. Or...it was supposed to be. She was not supposed to keep kissing him. That wasn't part of the plan! But now – she didn't want to stop.
Apparently, neither did he.
A tugging sensation at her skirt brought her to her senses. Quick check – no, not Miroku. Phew!"Kagome? Kagome, they're gone, you can stop now"
"Ah...Shippo." The pair backed away from each other, not knowing what to say.
Kagome coughed. "Well, it worked. They're gone, so...that's it!" she concluded gaily, still edging away. To her dismay, Miroku matched her step for step.
"You did that...just to 'save' me?" he asked, curiously hurt and relieved at the same time. 'She only did it out of pity? Charity?'
He heaved a theatrical sigh and gazed at her. "I feel loved. Violated, but loved."
(This excerpt was generously donated by our beloved Chiisai-tori in the form of one of her previous contest entries. To find the full documentation of this entry, please visit the FILES section of Monk_and_Miko and/or visit our group fanfiction accounts.)
Rule Two: Pairing(s)
(a) To be affiliated with Monk_and_Miko Yahoo! Group, the pairing of Miroku/Kagome MUST be observed in your entry. As these challenges are sponsored by Monk_and_Miko, any other couple in their place would not be accepted on the group and/or our affiliate fanfiction accounts.
(b) If you would prefer to use another pairing in place of Miroku/Kagome in your entry, please state the pairing in your submission to Megami no Eien. Your entry will NOT appear on Monk_and_Miko fanfiction accounts, but there will be another account created to the devotion of alternate pairings. Submit your entries in the same fashion as Miroku/Kagome submissions, as described below.
Rule Three: Agreement of Usage
Be aware that in submitting your entry to Megami no Eien and Monk_and_Miko that this organization reserves the right to post your entry on the group, www.MediaMiner.organd www.fanfition.netat our leisure. If there are any other websites other than those specifically listed above that we would like to post your work on, further requests will be submitted for your approval.
The author is, of course, entitled to post their story to any account that they so choose and wave no rights by responding to one of these challenges. We simply insist that authors allow their challenge responses to be posted to Monk_and_Miko fanfiction accounts and LiveJournal given that the challenge was originally our intellectual property.
If you would prefer to collect reviews under your own penname first, however, then you may post the challenge response to your own penname a week before Megami no Eien uploads it to the www.fanfiction.net and www.MediaMiner.org profiles. Go ahead and send in your submission as soon as you’ve posted to your own account and Megami no Eien will hold off for exactly seven days on posting elsewhere.
Posting on the LiveJournal account, however, is your responsibility. It would also be appreciated if you could post it there as soon as you’ve completed your submission instead of waiting the promised week for Megami no Eien to update the www.fanfiction.net and www.MediaMiner.org profiles. After all, it’s a relatively closed community, unlike fanfiction websites, and no commentary will be diverted from your personal profile.
Rule Four: Format
(a) All entries must be submitted in the same uniform format so that posting can be simple and immediate after submission. Please submit your fanfiction with these pieces of information intact at the top:
If you would like to include authors notes for your entry, please feel free to do so. Brevity of your notes will be greatly appreciated to both the staff and readers.
(b) Additional general comments in reference to the challenge and/or group may be inserted at the end of random entries by Megami no Eien and/or Monk_and_Miko staff. Nothing of personal consequence to yourself or your entry will be included in the comments and the space will be solely reserved for general commentary such as group announcements.
Rule Five: Content and Ratings
(a) Adult material IS accepted unless otherwise forbidden by the challenge itself. If you would like to submit lemon/lime then be aware that your full entry will NOT appear on www.fanfiction.net in respect for their rules. However, a link to the www.MediaMiner.org version of your fanfiction will be included in the notes at the bottom of your entry so that all of those who wish to read the missing content may be forwarded to the complete entry.
(b) Each of the challenge postings will be rated PG-13 ( T ) for precautionary reasons, but all other ratings are accepted, including those higher than PG-13 ( T ). PLEASE state the rating at the top of your entry; Those who will be posting the fanfiction on the group and fanfiction accounts cannot guarantee proofreading before the entries are submitted and, if the true rating is NC-17 ( MA ), we do not want to be held responsible for the results of posting it accidentally on www.fanfiction.net .
Rule Six: Submission Requirements
Please send your submissions to Megami no Eien, the group owner and primary moderator, at MonkandMiko@aol.com COPY AND PASTE the document into the e-mail and DO NOT send your entry in file format, please. Due to the threat of viruses and other unfortunate internet dangers, Megami doesn’t want to run the risk of potentially harming her computer.
Also, do NOT – I repeat DO NOT – post your fanfiction to the Yahoo! Group faction of Monk_and_Miko. Where this has previously been permitted, it is no longer. From now on, all fanfiction posts will go directly to our LiveJournal Community and be deleted from the Yahoo! Group immediately.
(a) For the sake of convenience, members can leave reviews in a more direct manner as opposed to having to find the fanfiction off group to do so. Reviews are completely BANNED from the Yahoo! Group portion of Monk_and_Miko.
(b) Similarly, this enables reviews to be collected without overloading members mailboxes, which would be unavoidable on Yahoo! Groups. After all, any and all posts on Yahoo! Groups are sent to everyone on the mailing list, despite interest or apathy to a subject. Reviews are meant to be directed at the author, specifically, which makes the practice of submitting reviews to anyone on Yahoo! Groups rather annoying to those who aren’t the intended recipient(s) of such commentary. On LiveJournal, however, e-mails aren’t sent out every time someone posts a message, making review submission far more convenient to everyone there.
(c) There is no particular reason to post our fanfiction to two different places. After all, if both factions of the group were exactly the same, then there would be no reason to join both, right? The Yahoo! Group will be dedicated to discussion, the LiveJournal Community to fanfiction (though discussion will also be permitted), and the DeviantArt account to fanart.
Thank you for abiding by these rules. We very much appreciate your activity and support.
Plot-Based, One-Shot Challenges:
1) A Simple Favor – What if Kagome agreed to bear Miroku’s child...?
2) The Sexorcist – The Higurashi Shrine is HAUNTED! Despite the eldest Higurashi’s best efforts, the stubborn spirits remain fixated. Enter Miroku, exorcism extaordinare.
3) Helping Hand – Miroku’s hand is injured during battle, inciting another visit to Mushin. With InuYasha and Sango otherwise indisposed with the evermore pressing shard hunt, Kagome alone is left to escort Miroku to his perverted mentor.
4) Missing You– Due to some recent pains in his hand, Miroku has become increasingly aware of his danger to the group. Will he leave everyone behind, or will someone step forward to prevent his escape...?
5) Oh, Dear! – Miroku has gotten himself caught up in his usual romantic entanglements again and this time he can’t get out! Kagome to the rescue as his...jealous wife?
6) Where to Go From Here? – Naraku is defeated...InuYasha has been dragged down to Hell...the Taijia village is on the mend...Shippou is now old enough to care for himself...what will be the fates of the final two group members?
8) Beyond Saving – Killed in pursuit of Naraku, the next world might hold new possibilities for Miroku and Kagome. (However, they aren’t alone in death...)
(Feel free to add or subtract the final sentence in parenthesis to your overall plot. Your choice.)
9) Kag-cu-bine – Kagome has been sold into slavery to a very appreciative and wealthy lord. Unfortunately for Kagome, she was bought as an addition to his harem of concubine. Who will save her from her despair?
Miro-cu-bine– Miroku has been sold into slavery to the wife of a very wealthy (and neglectful) lord. Unfortunately for poor Miroku-sama, she’s not exactly his type. Who will save him from his despair?
10) Morning After – Ever get drunk and wake up next to someone you didn’t know? Well, the situation Miroku and Kagome find themselves in is a little worse than that...
11) Gynophobia – Due to magical intervention, Miroku is suddenly phobic of women!
12) New Years Resolutions – Not long after Kagome returns from the past for good, it's time to celebrate the future again. Within the giant flock of people that visit the Higurashi shrine for New Years every year, Kagome spots someone unfamiliar...but somehow very familar.
13) Night Sweats – Write about Miroku and/or Kagome’s worst nightmare.
Plot-Based, Epic Challenges:
1) A Simple Favor – What if Kagome agreed to bear Miroku’s child...? (yes, this is intentionally on the list twice; it was felt that this could be considered either a One-Shot or Epic challenge)
2) Best Man Wins – Now that InuYasha is human, the playing field for Kagome’s heart is level...
3) Handling the Burden – During an emergency purification ritual, Miroku’s curse is accidentally transferred to Kagome. The race to destroy Naraku is now ten-fold as Kagome, ill-equipped to handle the burden, has only so long before she meets Miroku’s fate in his stead.
4) In Search for Love – Archaeology students Yamada Miroku and Higurashi Kagome stumble across a new clue in the search for the legendary Shikon no Tama...the account of the monk who once loved it’s human form.
5) Chronic Condition – As Kagome's absences from school grow longer and more frequent, her twentieth-century friends begin to suspect that her grandfathers excuses are merely cover for a single chronic condition. With no more diseases springing to mind, the eldest Higurashi proclaims his grandaughter PREGNANT! With Miroku (in)conveniantly around, the situation becomes more complicated...
6) Mother for Hire – Miroku only has a year left to live. A year left to either find a cure or someone to carry on his nearly diminished bloodline. It's amazing what you can find in personal ads these days...
7) Null in Void – Oops...Miroku and Kagome are sucked into the cursed void. All alone together, Kagome is anxious to escape...if they even can.
8) Chosen Fate – Can we say “arranged marriage”? With Mushin pushing Miroku to settle down, and Kagome’s grandfather seeking her secured future, the two are pushed together against their own designs for romance. Can Miroku remain faithful to a single woman for the rest of his life? Will Kagome give him the chance?
9) Redemption – In the clutches of a demon of corruption, Kagome’s only hope for a savior lies in someone of like qualities.
10) Come Away With Me – What if the attempted kidnaping had been successful...?
11) Feel for You -- What if Miroku had "feelings" for Kagome instead of Sango for the duration of the series? How would a fourth corner to the infamous KagInuKik triangle affect the series...? Who would end up with Sango? Let us know how you interpret it. (Challenge submitted by Vonnie)
NOTE: Don't forget to use the challenge sentence at least once in your fic!
“Augh! That wasn’t supposed to happen!”
2) “It can’t be THAT hard...”
3) “You don’t know how lucky you are. Men have it SO easy...”
4) “What is it, InuYasha? Did Kagome fall down the old well again?”
5) (thinking) Oh gods! I can’t speak!
6) “What do you mean, I can’t do it?”
7) “If he/she won’t marry you, marry me instead.”
8) “I feel loved. Violated, but loved.”
9) “...what did you call me?”
10) “So, if I kiss you, what will happen, again...?”
11) “Of all the things you could sleep through! Argh!”
We hope that you find something above to write to and that you will send in the product(s) of your inspiration
Monk_and_Miko @ Yahoo! Groups