Well, I have had my profile for a couple of years now, so I'm updating I love reading almost anything from fanficiton here and on other sites to fiction novels to non-fiction. Typically my likes in novels runs toward the medical mysteries or mysteries in general. Although I do love fantasy as well. My fanfiction favorites are Harry Potter, Bones, So Wierd, Labyrinth, CSI and Sailormoon.
-Writers whose first language is not the one they write in and they refuse to get a beta reader to help them.
-Grammar and spelling mistakes that are obvious, take some pride in your writing and either get it edited, or edit it more thoroughly.
-writers who abandon their stories without letting their readers know
-going too fast with relationships
Random and Favorite Quotes for your enjoyment!
- "Firstly, there is no such person as Death. Second, Death's this tall guy with a bone face, like a skeletal monk, with a scythe and an hourglass and a big white horse and a penchant for playing chess with Scandinavians. Third, he doesn't exist either."- Neil Gaiman
- "Is the chemical aftertaste the reason why people eat hot dogs, or is it some kind of bonus?"- Neil Gaiman
- "Hindsight explains the injury that foresight would have prevented." -Unknown
- "At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free and charge five dollars for the second glass. The refill contained the antidote." -Unknown
- "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing" - I do not know, if anyone does, please let me know.
- "A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities." -William Arthur Ward
- "If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door." -Paul Beatty
- "You can't stop your heart from loving, really — it's like standing out there in the ocean yelling at the waves to stop." -Unknown
- "Humans are the only animals that have children on purpose with the exception of guppies, who like to eat theirs." -I do not know, please let me know if you do.
- "Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died." -Steven Wright
- "The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority". -Ralph W. Sockman
- "I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."- Neil Gaiman.
- "Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love."- Neil Gaiman