Author has written 81 stories for Song of the Lioness, Trickster series, Protector of the Small Quartet, Chanters of Tremaris Trilogy, Star Wars, New Jedi Order, To Kill a Mockingbird, Immortals, Tamora Pierce, Ranger's Apprentice, Harry Potter, Deltora Quest, Inheritance Cycle, Alex Rider, Doctor Who, Firefly, Robin Hood BBC, Sea Patrol, NCIS, Stargate: Atlantis, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Avengers, Once Upon a Time, Hunger Games, Misc. Books, Avatar: Last Airbender, Tangled, Spider-Man, Bones, How to Train Your Dragon, X-Men: The Movie, The Tomorrow series, Warehouse 13, Brave, 2012, Tron, Inception, Pokémon, and Castle.
Former Penname: DaydreamQueenMisha
Current Primary Fanfic Obsessions:
Veronica Mars, Downton Abbey, Harry Potter, Once Upon a Time, Tamora Pierce (Tortall)
Secondary/Former Fanfic Obsessions:
Alex Rider, Avengers, Bones, Castle, Chanters of Tremaris, Deltora Quest, Eva Ibbotson's work, Firefly, Inheritance Saga, Iron Man, Lord of the Rings, NCIS, Numb3rs, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Pirates of the Caribbean, Ranger’s Apprentice, Robin Hood BBC, Rosanne Hawke's work, Sally Lockhart, Sea Patrol, Star Wars, Stargate SG1/Atlantis), Tron.
Simply Put: Will read fics on almost any fandoms I've been exposed to, even if I never write anything for that fandom.
Occupation: Veterinary Science Student (do not antagonise: I know many ways to harm you. I also have scalpel blades. You have been warned.)
Alternative Meaning: Crazy. May be found crying in a corner around assignment/exam time. Feed chocolate or alcohol to revive. Or both.
Religous Beliefs: Christian - Lutheran. This is important to me. Please respect it. (Also, please to not assume it equals straight-laced narrow-mindedness. You're just showing your own prejudice then.)
Other hobbies: Procrastinating. Nature Photography. The odd original story now and then. Sci-Fi/Fantasy movies/books/tv.
Reviews: If I fave your story, I intend to write you a review. It may be a while in coming, but it is my intention to give meaningful reviews. If I don't like it because I feel it is giving FF.N a bad name, I will likely give you concrit. How harsh I am will depend on what crimes against literature you have committed, and possibly how desperate I am for a good new fic (If I take out a bad day on you, I apologize in advance).
What to expect in my stories: Introspection appears fairly often, and I like a bit of drama (not overdone though). Often hints of romance will creep in, I usually avoid out and out fluff though. A couple of ventures into humour.
Uni combined with work isn't leaving me with a lot of time. And my muse has abandoned me from lack of use, I fear! (But I will endeavour to return!)
I am also incapable of sticking to a single fandom. I'm such a fandom whore. As can be seen by the number of categories I've written in... Damn my short attention span! And Shiny things various people keep introducing me to! Gah!
UPDATE 31st Aug 2013: So, not much happening at the moment (despite a veritable hoard of one-shot bunnies nibbling my ears). I simple don't have the time. Final exams. T-minus 68 days! (9 weeks 5 days) THEN I AM A QUALIFIED VET, SURGERY AND CONSULTS AND ALL!! WHOO!! Take that 6 years of uni!!!
Fave Characters to Play With/Or Read:
Star Wars: Jysella Horn, Naberrie family, Antilles family, Rogue Squadron, Siri Tachi, Bant Eerin, Garen Muln.
Tortall: Kel, Dom, Neal. Baird. Queen's Riders/King's Own.
Harry Potter: White sheep of the Black family (Tonks family, Sirius, Remus, Black Sisters). Muggle perspectives.
Stargate Atlantis: McKay-Miller Family.
Generally in these and other Fandoms: Characters I feel are underwritten and/or forgotten. (Or they won't leave me alone)
Collection of Quotes:
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."
– Groucho Marx
"Writers would be warm, loyal, and otherwise terrific people- if only they'd stop writing."
– Laura Miller
”Books are my oxygen. Stories are my carbon dioxide.”
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
"He was stupid. If I killed everyone who was stupid, I wouldn’t have time to sleep."
- Alanna of Trebond, In The Hand Of The Goddess (Tortall)
“The fact remains that [Voldemort] can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to.”
- Lee Jordan, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
"Sometimes, I miss my sanity."
- Wedge Antilles, Star Wars
"Pyschic though? That sounds like something outta science fiction."
"You live in a spaceship, dear."
- Hoban 'Wash' Washburn and Zoe Washburn, Firefly (1x14, Objects in Space)
"But I'll get stay at sea."
“Yeah. Skippering a giant plastic bath toy!”
- Mike Flynn and Kate McGregor, Sea Patrol (2x09, Shadow Line)
(Sips tea) "Blech! This tea is nothing more than hot leaf juice!"
"Uncle, that's what all tea is."
- Iroh and Zuko, Avatar:TLA, 2x14 City of Walls & Secrets
"The next person, or horse, who calls me the 'wine dude' will end up in a bottle of Merlot!"
- Mr D (Dionysus), The Titan's Curse (PJO #3)
Looking relieved in front of the staff was like waving a red flag with the words 'come on, you can't hit me' at a bull with perfect aim and sharpened horns. You just didn't do it unless you wanted pain.
– Miss Cam's Second Year at the Official Fanfiction University of Middle-earth
If Harry Potter > Voldemort
and Voldemort > Cedric
and Cedric = Edward Cullen
then Harry Potter > Edward Cullen
It's Simple Maths.
– Facebook Bumper sticker
Random Quirks About Fanfiction:
- NEVER forget the so-called ‘background characters’, they are gold.
- Canon is canon. Either work within it, or have a plausible/decent explanation as to why it’s different. (Not that I don’t like well-written AU’s.)
- Villains aren’t born evil. It has to be learnt.
- I like Fangirling characters just as much as the next person, but there are lines that should not be crossed, yeah?
- Notes. They should never interrupt a story. It makes you look like a self-important idiot.
- If you have a non-canon ship, please have a plausible explanation for it. (Unless it’s post-NJO Star Wars, ‘cause I refuse to acknowledge SW EU canon beyond that point. Stupid mega-angsty profic.)
- ...That said, please ship and let ship. Respect that different people like different ships. Or prefer gen stories to shippy fic. Refrain from ship-bashing please.
- Please refrain from defacing any Marauder by OOC-ness and lame jokes or pure random stupidity. Same with Tonks, or Rogue Squadron. (Or any character.) Write them good and in character or not at all.
- When writing a fic, please stick to using the technology/language of the time the story is set in. (This is for all the ‘Marauders IMing’ stories. They were at Hogwarts in the 1970’s people! Computers weren’t around then, let alone internet! And they can’t use electricity either at Hogwarts!)
- Chat format. You do realise that it’s meant to be banned on this website... with good reason...
- Chatspeak. Worst mangling of the English language. Ever.
- If I add you to my faves/alert lists or C2, I will review eventually. At least, I always try to.
- Character Bashing: Not a fan. If you don’t like a character, fine. Don’t read about them. You don’t have to malign them at every opportunity, you know. Other people who do like them just get irritated.
- There's this marvellous invention known as 'spellcheck'. Please use it. (to escape embarrassment). And especially learn the correct spelling for characters names... (Next time I see Lily Potter spelt as 'Lilly', I will burn something.)
- Kudos to all writers who carefully research facts before writing! Adds so much to the depth of the story!
- The Sirius-serious joke is not funny anymore. Move on. Find new material.
- I don't like Twilight. That is not a crime, you know. Do Not Flame. If you want a mocking, I can send you to the Anti-Twilight Club. I respect that some people enjoy it for a simple escapism thing, but it is no literary masterpiece. My main issue lies with the unhealthy relationships it promotes, and the messages inside it.
- When making OC’s, please think twice about naming your character something like ‘Bella’. I don’t care if you idolise Bella Swan, think up your own damn name! And the sight of ‘creative spellings’ or names of gemstones make me run for the hills.
- Crossovers: Weird, wonderful and delightfully unusual is my reading preference. Buffy/Numb3rs, Avengers/Percy Jackson, NCIS/Harry Potter, Stargate/Gilmore Girls, etc. Yes, I’m being serious. Try out some unusual combinations, you never know what you’ll find!
Status of my Incomplete Stories...
Shattered Glass – (Revenge of the Sith era) Naberrie family short story and the effects that RotS has on their lives. 3 of 4 chapters posted. TF.N WFFA 05/06 Saga Best Drama nominee and Best Canon qualifier. Working on last chapter.
Justification – (Intertrilogy) Wedge Antilles short story. Drama. 1 of 4-5 chapters posted. Beta'ing chapters 2 and 3.
Crossroads – (Multi-Era) 5 paths challenge. Obi-centric for chapter 1. May continue into other chapters/characters.
A Father’s Pain – (2 yrs post Lady Knight) Short story done mainly from the perspective of Piers and Ilane. 2 of 5 chapters posted. Transcribing diary entries for chapter 3. ON HIATUS INDEFINATELY.
Walks in the Royal Forest – (Multiple Eras) Mush vignettes on various couples. 3 Chapters (RoaldLianne, KelDom, AlyNawat). More to come. ON HIATUS INDEFINATELY
Take My Hand – (Pre-Marauder to post-HBP) Andromeda/Ted Tonks vig series. 6 of 30 posted. Working on chapter 7/Revising plan due to Deathly Hallows. ON HIATUS.
Fracture Patterns (Immediately post-Battle of Hogwarts) Gryffindor yearmates. 3 of 8 posted. (Seamus, Dean, Lavender) Working on chapter 4. On hiatus.
Percy Jackson and the Olympians:
Delusional – (Post-TLO AU) Disregards Lost Hero. Chapter 1 of ? posted. Working on chapter 2.
Brom Mini Series of vigs – Working on Salt Breeze (part 3 of 5) INDEFINATE HIATUS
Robin Hood (BBC TV):
Secrets and Lies(Pre-series) Robin/Marian. 4 of 6(?) chapters posted. Working on chapter 4. ON HIATUS
Cloak and Dagger – (Ranger’s Apprentice, Misc. Books. Multiple times) Series of vigs on various characters/situations. 2 chapters posted (Cassandra-Evanlyn, Halt and Gilan, Halt). Planning Vig 4.
Rough Seas – (Sea Patrol, Misc. TV) A series of short vigs involving the crew of the HMAS Hammersley. 2 chapters posted. (Tag for Ep 9. Kate/Mike, Spider-centric post ep for Heaven Born Captains & ANZAC day) Working on Vig 3. INDEFINATE HIATUS
The Force.Net Jedi Council forums - Star Wars Site, feel free to join the boards, be careful though, you can get lost.
FictionPress - My works of orignal fiction.