Author has written 26 stories for Final Fantasy VIII.
Hi! I'm Emerald-Latias (hopefully you knew that already from clicking on that nifty link with my username) and to start things off, a few tidbits--
I'm a 27-year old female writer from a small town in southern Ontario, Canada. I dabble exclusively in Final Fantasy VIII fiction though I like a bunch of 'em. Before I used to be strictly a writer of alt universe stories, but with my latest multi-chaptered fic and various one-shots, I've dared to broach post-game territory. Terribly exciting, I know. Then again, it'd be pretty strange to write about high school fics when you're out of university.
Info on the 2016 Successor Challenge:
Whether it’s by fate or design, a succession or successor can only exist when actions and events destabilize the status quo, allowing change to occur.
Change is this year’s theme for The Successor Challenge.
All Final Fantasy VIII fans — both experienced and new — are invited to participate in The Successor Challenge in August 2016. This challenge is open to any character(s) you wish to write about, draw or create fan mixes for.
The challenge’s requirements are as follows:
1. Submissions have to be posted and completed in August 2016. Early submissions to the Tumblr page (thesuccessorchallenge . tumblr . com - remove the spaces) will not be posted until August 1st. Any submissions after 11:59 EST on August 31st will not be accepted.
2. Submissions have to be made specifically for the challenge. No reused or re-purposed pieces will be allowed.
3. Any fanfiction pieces submitted cannot rely on any knowledge other than the game canon so they can be readily accessible to everyone. They must be standalone pieces - no sequels to existing works will be allowed.
4. Fics may not utilize existing game script exchanges (using quotes from the game are ok as references to past events / brought up in different context). Stories set during the game’s timeline will only be permitted if the aforementioned work does not take place during stated canon events. These restrictions are in place to encourage new stories instead of retreading game content.
5. There are no restrictions on fic length or genre. One-shots and poems are welcome. Multi-chaptered fics must be completed before the end of August or else they will be removed from listings.
6. All pieces must mention that the submission is for the Successor Challenge. You can also use the #thesuccessorchallenge tag if you are posting on Tumblr directly in lieu of other sites.
7. As the challenge is here to celebrate the game and the relationships within, please refrain from character bashing and keep OCs to perfunctory roles only. They should be either minor characters to support the main cast or serve as antagonists - no Main Character x OC pairings, please. (A Main Character is defined as a character that appears in the game with their own name and some discernible character traits from canon.)
Update (3/16/13) - In case if anyone's wondering what the heck is going on with Blur, the long and short of it is my Where I Belong Inspired fic...well, grew well beyond my intentions of telling a simple story (like, who didn't see that coming from a million miles away?) and because I found that I suck at updating two multi-chaptered fics simultaneously, I'm putting it on hold until Future Says Run is complete. As to when that'll be done, I can't say. I have most of it mapped out and have been updating fairly frequently (like consistently less than 2 weeks turnaround time on average) but I foresee a bit of slowing down because I'd diverged from my written out planning notes long ago and now I'm heading into the parts that I hadn't even fully fleshed out in my notes. So...wish me luck from the Coffee Muse (patient pending).
Anyway, here's the Cliff's notes version of all the stuff I have on the site as it was getting way too long to keep the old formatting.
On Indefinite Hiatus (not likely to be completed):